I was

selected to receive the Ira and Harriet Reiss Theory Award for 2007 from the Foundation for the Scientific Study of

Sexuality (FSSS). The award is given annually for the best social science article, chapter, or book published in the

previous year in which theoretical explanations of human sexual attitudes and behaviors are developed. "The Mind's

Eyes: Human Pheromones, Neuroscience, and Male Sexual Preferences" was published in the Journal of Psychology &

Human Sexuality, 18(4): 313-369, and concurrently published as a book chapter in the "Handbook of the Evolution of

Human Sexuality." In conjunction with the award, I was an invited plenary session speaker at the annual meeting of

the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (SSSS) in November, 2007, which was held in Indianapolis,

Indiana.

I may put my powerpoint presentation from the plenary session on one or both of my domains. However,

since there have been no other posts to the Pheromone Research section since my previous post about 6 weeks ago,

I'm not in a big hurry to do this due to the general lack of interest in the science of human

pheromones.

Since the plenary was for a general audience, I toned down the neuroscience, and detailed the

requirements for a biologically based model that allows for the development of diverse human sexual preferences,

before briefly detailing how pheromones are involved every step of the way, and in every species.

To some

people here, this post may sound egotistical, which is why I have waited to post information about the award. To

other researchers, neither this post nor my plenary session would have anything to do with my ego; it's just the

facts--even though they do tend to favor use of my products.

James V. Kohl
The Scent of Eros