Close

Phero Enthusiast

Default Some observations with NPA

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Whenever I

use NPA with cologne, it seems to neutralize the scent and I can't smell too much of anything on me. When using my

cologne alone, I can smell it on me to a much larger extent (particularly Rochas).

In using NPA with Pheros

however, something quite interesting happens. Hours after covering the NPA with Pheros, I smell a mild "funky" odor.

It's not an unpleasant "funk" but kind of musky without the pungent quality.
    Last edited by Tiger4; 10-22-2007 at 05:00 PM.

I've experienced this too.

Commercial scents (mostly chemicals) behave very differently from natural scents (Pheros).

Your cologne

(chemical) and pheromones (synthetic) are probably creating some sort of a chemical wash, especially if the

fragrance is weak to begin with, or doesn't complement the NPA. Matching -mones with a cologne is a real art form

if you want to get it just right. My goal is to get a symbiosis between the cover scent and the -mone "stink", which

(I think) should not be completely masked. The good news is that the -mones work on a different level than just

scent.

Natural scents (like Pheros) have an advantage. Instead of isolating single (synthetic) chemical scent

notes, they contain all the complexity of the hundreds of constituents contained in natural scents. When blended,

these scents offer a depth and complexity that touches the deeper places of memory and emotion.

Going back to

your point, its my understanding that DST designed "Pheros" to particularly work with and complement pheromones,

musk being one of the many ingredients.

I've used Pheros to cover A7/A1/SoE/TE/AE with great success. It

works with everything, and the "funk" you talked about is always present, and I've found that women and men both

like it, and are attracted to it almost unconsciously. The "funk" is simply a very complex fragrance which matures

on the medium of your skin and compounded by whatever -mone you're wearing.

Its the subliminally expressed

ancient funk of human attraction when men and women meet. The only problem is, we've become conditioned to

chemicals, and shallowness in general.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger4 View Post
    Whenever

I use NPA with cologne, it seems to neutralize the scent and I can't smell too much of anything on me. When using

my cologne alone, I can smell it on me to a much larger extent (particularly Rochas).

In using NPA with Pheros

however, something quite interesting happens. Hours after covering the NPA with Pheros, I smell a mild "funky" odor.

It's not an unpleasant "funk" but kind of musky without the pungent quality.
    That is because the pheromones

combine with the natural substances and musks in Pheros, your bodily chemistry and bacteria, etc., to create

something different than the sum of its parts. I'm fairly certain that new pheromones are created on your skin

through this process as well. Certain substances attract certain strains of bacteria to your body, and you want to

attract the healthiest kind that are naturally found on the human body; rather than the foreign, opportunistic kind,

if that makes any sense.

Moreover, the pheromones in NPA act as another fixative to preserve the musk notes

already in Pheros. Conversely, the natural musks in Pheros act as fixatives to preserve pheromones on

your body. (In perfuming you learn that certain fixatives work best with certain things; often things closely

related to each other.)

Remember, the natural musks on a human body are the primary forces that have attracted

romance throughout human history. So in no way do you ever want to smell less musky, if you want more romance. The

trick is just to make your natural musk as pleasant as possible. If you have a little "funk" bleeding through, that

is what potentially drives someone's sexuality over the edge.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

The Dr and I were writing at the

same time, I'm glad that he explained things better than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger4 View Post
    Whenever I

use NPA with cologne, it seems to neutralize the scent and I can't smell too much of anything on me. When using my

cologne alone, I can smell it on me to a much larger extent (particularly Rochas).
    Ran across this

interesting tidbit.

"about supposed "anti-smells". One common pair is the skunk + tomato, another lesser know

pair is cinnamon + corpse. The former involves dogs, skunks, and tomato juice. Scent "cancellation" may or may not

be due to some sort of catalyzed breakdown of skunk "musk" by tomato acid. The latter involves removing the stench

of rotting corpses of people that died without anyone knowing (that is, until the guy downstairs complains). A

"light spray" on the walls does the job"

Thread Information