Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3

Thread: Pheros feedback

visit-red-300x50PNG
    This talk about pheros had

gotten me interested. I would like to get a bottle, but can't find it on love-scent. I vaguely remember something

about there being a limited supply. Am I out of luck?

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    This talk

about pheros had gotten me interested. I would like to get a bottle, but can't find it on love-scent. I vaguely

remember something about there being a limited supply. Am I out of luck?
    Hmmm, just looked at the the

store and you're right, no Pheros. Good thing I got some extra.

Doc mentioned not too long ago about the

possibility of another batch.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis View Post
    Excellent essay. You make me think all I have written on the subject here has meant

something. You are a capable student of scent.

Isn't funny how thinking about scent leads you to poetic

insights about humanness?
    Thanks Doc, that means a lot to me.

BUT, you didn't answer my question.

Vis, is this a correct understanding of analog pheromones?

Yes, its amazing how scent

encompasses life and living.

There's not one of us who doesn't have a song or songs which will either bring

you to tears or make you want to take an exalted leap at the moon.

Scent can do this too, but is mostly

trivialized as a fashion accessory.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default "Analog pheromones"

I'm not entirely sure how you think about it.

But what I call "analog pheromones" are chemically similar

or identical to human pheromones, or can trigger a relevant response in humans; but are found elsewhere, such as

somewhere in nature.
    I am most often refering to plant pheromones, or what we could call "phytopheromones". But

you could also consider animal musks as containing analog pheromones. Sometimes I've even referred to

pheromone-similar chemicals or human emotional/behavioral "triggers" from perfume chemistry as analog pheromones.

So it just means a substance that is like a human pheromone without being the actual pheromones on the human

skin.

Analog pheromones have also been distinguished from chemically identical human pheromones that are

synthesized in the laboratory
    ; such as are sold here. This is the an important distinction to keep in mind for

our purposes.

The "fuzzy" part is that I've considered chemically identical pheromones from plants as analog,

but not lab synthesized versions of these. So androsterone from cedar, sandalwood, or celery would be an analog

pheromone, but the same thing from a lab would not, in the way I've used the term.

I hope this clarifies it.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    This

talk about pheros had gotten me interested. I would like to get a bottle, but can't find it on love-scent. I

vaguely remember something about there being a limited supply. Am I out of luck?
    Yeah, I just received an

email from Bruce about this. Wow, you guys went through that shipment pretty fast.

I do have more, fortunately;

but I'm in the process of moving; and the whole lab is packed away in boxes.

I'll let you all know soon, when

I get the lab set up/cleaned, and can give a more accurate time frame.

Sorry for the gap in availability. But

thanks for your interest. We'll get it to you as soon as we can.

I'm

not entirely sure how you think about it.

I hope this clarifies it.
    My post ("essay") was a

scattershot, trying to figure it out.

Its perfectly clear now, thank you.

Thanks

for sharing, Idesign. This type of review makes it all worthwhile.

IN A PURELY NONHOMOSEXUAL WAY (not that I

don't wish I were gay sometimes), it's sort of intimate to read it.

It's like when you write a song and

you are in your bedroom alone with it. You struggle to get some effect which creates a mood and a feeling. You

wonder if anyone else could feel that feeling which is thick in the room, but only for you. There is no evidence

they will feel it, but you keep trying to communicate it; to bring it out in your music. Eventually someone hears

it, and talks as if they we always and already there with you at the moment of "creation"; the coaxing of the

elements.

I suppose it's similar when you are just alone and appreciating a work of art; say, a song; and you

discover someone else feels the same things you do about it.

Its nice to know that physical distance is

irrelevant for people to experience some of the same things on a relatively deep level.

We who appreciate art of

many kinds, and/or are artists, are truly fortunate in this way; and should feel grateful.

I hope many others

enjoy their experience with Pheros.

Incidentally, you are the first to notice and appreciate the

citrus note, as I recall over the few years. It's one of those things where you know you want an animalistic entity

and are nonetheless working to bring an element of freshness to bear on top. It was not easy, and the effect ended

up just blending into everything else rather than creating a distinct and independent top note.

Instead of

poop, then, you have FRESH POOP.

But that's better, because the woody, musky, spicy, sweet, ambery <pauses

to catch breath> thing has quite enough facets to process as one entity. I'd describe the overall effect as "homey"

in a personal way.
    My survey says... fresh poop is preferred overall over other brands of poop!

Sitting alone with a new creation that pleases you is satisfying, but is only fully born in the lives

of others. I think that's a tension within an artist's psyche yes?

If I design a house, a room or any space

for a client, I have the burden of knowing that they'll live in that room for years. I can use every technical and

creative skill at my disposal, but will not be satisfied with my work until the client is as pleased as I am with

the result.

Its not "art" per se, but when someone walks into that room and appreciates the accomplishment,

probably not knowing why they like it, then my work is successful. If its someone who knows and values such things,

life is better. The hours of thinking and drawing are alternatively frustrating and exhilarating.

Its

interesting how a common appreciation of creativity draws people closer. In terms of the relationship with my g/f,

we introduce each other to authors, movies, music, fragrances, etc, etc. With each new discovery there's a new

infusion of interest and growth, commonly and individually. No matter the medium, it gives us a way of relating

through the ideas and vision of others. Whether its dancing in the living room to Glenn Miller, smelling a new

perfume find we both love, or watching a movie we both hate, there is a path to intimacy.

Your appreciation of my

appreciation is a fine luxury for us both, and I'm glad we both have it.

"Homey" is an ok word, if you mean the

comfort of home. In this sense its great, giving deeper substance to attraction. OTOH, Pheros does give a great

sexy residual coating on your skin, letting her know that you're not Ozzie, and if she's Harriet she'd better let

her hair down and get a thong.
    Last edited by idesign; 04-17-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Since Phero is alcohol base, can

it be mixed with oil base perfume like Amber, & Musk? Or is it better to apply it & then cover it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy101 View Post
    Since Phero is

alcohol base, can it be mixed with oil base perfume like Amber, & Musk? Or is it better to apply it & then cover

it?
    Quite honestly, I am of the opinion that DTS Pheros is a fine stand-alone that needs no other

"cover." If anything it makes a top-notch primo "cover" for other pheromones (primarily the "unscented" ones).

If you feel you want to "play" with it by adding other scents/fragrances I'd opt to apply individually. IMO you

don't have to apply all your scents/products in exactly the same places. You don't need to put one exactly on top

of the other or the like. Dab a bit here, wipe a bit there. Spread the scents around.

Also don't get too

carried away. A subtle overall scent is probably far better than one that knocks everyone over the momentyou walk

into a room. People are more likely to flee than want to be near you. Watch out for what I call "scent clash."

Something that smells great individually may reek to high heaven together. I'd look for quiet "notes" rather than a

loud "symphony."

And lastly, just like pheromones, your cologne is only a very small part of how you will be

judged/perceived. There are more important things.

My opinions.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

RBT, thank you for your advises,

I will keep them in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbt View Post
    Quite

honestly, I am of the opinion that DTS Pheros is a fine stand-alone that needs no other "cover." If anything it

makes a top-notch primo "cover" for other pheromones (primarily the "unscented" ones).

If you feel you want to

"play" with it by adding other scents/fragrances I'd opt to apply individually. IMO you don't have to apply all

your scents/products in exactly the same places. You don't need to put one exactly on top of the other or the like.

Dab a bit here, wipe a bit there. Spread the scents around.

Also don't get too carried away. A subtle overall

scent is probably far better than one that knocks everyone over the momentyou walk into a room. People are more

likely to flee than want to be near you. Watch out for what I call "scent clash." Something that smells great

individually may reek to high heaven together. I'd look for quiet "notes" rather than a loud "symphony."

And

lastly, just like pheromones, your cologne is only a very small part of how you will be judged/perceived. There are

more important things.

My opinions.
    Good ideas. Wearing Pheros on your face and neck only is

one variant on your "different locations" idea that works for me.

While we were talking about

Phero, it seems that the stock is all gone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3

Thread Information