Close

Stranger

Default Cover Scent Resource

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I don't think

posting this is against any rules, as the site i'm reffering to doesn't sell mones. If it is, my

apologies.

www.saveonscents.com

I used to buy fragrance oils from them (mostly for the home). Since

I became interested in pheremones, I've become interested in trying new cover scents.
    I've just ordered from

these guys, and am very happy. I was able to pick up A LOT of new stuff to try for very little. They also have a

reviews section, which is always nice.

As an example, let's say you want to try their Armani Black Code, you can

buy 1oz for 2.87, or a roll-on 1/3oz for 2.58. If you love it, you can buy 1lb for 17.95!

Anyway, I've tested a

bunch on different skin areas so far, and I really like most of them. Pi, Black Code, Angel, Curve, Very Sexy,

Dolce&Gabana, Romance Silver all seem to be winners to my newbie nose. They also do Yankee Candle Scents, Bath&Body

Works, and others. My house smells like "Downy April Fresh" right now.

Thanks to all the Phero-pros that have

helped me so far. I hope you find this useful.

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

Quote Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
    I

don't think posting this is against any rules, as the site i'm reffering to doesn't sell mones. If it is, my

apologies.

www.saveonscents.com

I used to buy fragrance oils from

them (mostly for the home). Since I became interested in pheremones, I've become interested in trying new cover

scents.
    I've just ordered from these guys, and am very happy. I was able to pick up A LOT of new stuff to try for

very little. They also have a reviews section, which is always nice.

As an example, let's say you want to try

their Armani Black Code, you can buy 1oz for 2.87, or a roll-on 1/3oz for 2.58. If you love it, you can buy 1lb for

17.95!

Anyway, I've tested a bunch on different skin areas so far, and I really like most of them. Pi, Black

Code, Angel, Curve, Very Sexy, Dolce&Gabana, Romance Silver all seem to be winners to my newbie nose. They also do

Yankee Candle Scents, Bath&Body Works, and others. My house smells like "Downy April Fresh" right now.

Thanks

to all the Phero-pros that have helped me so far. I hope you find this useful.
    Thanks 4 the info i think i will order some Be Delicious, Black Code. and Life by Aramis type. in

the 1oz sizes. I may find a favourite here.
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

Stranger

If you do, please post how you

liked them, as there are no reviews for Be Delicious or Life yet. I got the code, and like it, but i'm not familiar

with the original, so I can't compare. Others that I've tried like Pi, D&G, Curve, etc smell authentic to me.

Stranger

I ordered some fragrances from

this site (Acqua Di Gio, Chrome and a couple of others) in the past and their scents smelled NOTHING like the

original. Also, the reviews might be a sham because virtually every product has a review that says "they love this

in Detroit, I sell out every time".

Please let me know if the scents you guys order smell like the real thing.

Also, should their oils be applied any different than a cologne in terms of amount or location?

Thanks in

advance.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnk3 View Post
    I

ordered some fragrances from this site (Acqua Di Gio, Chrome and a couple of others) in the past and their scents

smelled NOTHING like the original. Also, the reviews might be a sham because virtually every product has a review

that says "they love this in Detroit, I sell out every time".

Please let me know if the scents you guys order

smell like the real thing. Also, should their oils be applied any different than a cologne in terms of amount or

location?

Thanks in advance.
    I wont be ordering any for awhile, and may

not as i am not familiar with but a few of the originals anyway.

It seems that Detroit people must really appreciate the fragrant way of life lol.

Stranger

That sucks that you got stinky

oils.

I know that sometimes they do not smell like the originals. I tried polo sport some years back and was not

thrilled. Thats why I mentioned the reviews section.

I think some of them smell really good. At the price, it

isn't too big a deal to me. After some time since my last post, I still like Code, Pi, Angel, D&G. I havent worn

the rest a whole lot, and some of them I ended up not liking after all, KC Black for example.

It's weird, I

never really paid so much attention to smell until I discovered pheros. Now I'm perceiving things differently.

It's like eating I guess. Most people just go about it quickly, tasting some flavor, but not really taking the time

to experience the entire spectrum of sensory stimuli available. Then you learn to chew more and taste more.

As

far as the reviews being fake...I don't know. But if an idividual is selling oils that they get from SoS, they

probably have purchased many of them. And I would also guess that sometimes, a scent can smell nice enough to sell

well despite not smelling like the original.

Ill probably save my stash and just try some of the Royal Oud or some Royal Cambodian from Ham Furl,

on eBay. under the Aloeswood search heading.

Still i have no doubts that you certainly would accumulate several favourites

in some of the oil fragrance copies mentioned above at reasonable cost.

Knock-offs are a bitch, you just

don't know what you're gonna get, usually just alcohol and a few aroma-chemicals to get you close to the original.

I gave up on them a few years ago. I'd rather spend the bucks and have one scent that I love rather than a bunch

of cheap smelling copies.

For the commercial scents I like Bvlgari Black and Rabanne La Nuit for covering mones.

They're dark, night use only. Daytime I use just Sandalwood (thanks DST), and of course Pheros now (another thanks

DST).

Terry, you should try Ham Firls's Tamil Sandalwood and his Deer Musk. You'll be amazed. Everyone, I

mean Everyone compliments those two. Pheros is better for covering mones though.

Quote Originally Posted by idesign View Post
    Knock-offs are a bitch, you just don't know what you're gonna get, usually just alcohol and

a few aroma-chemicals to get you close to the original. I gave up on them a few years ago. I'd rather spend the

bucks and have one scent that I love rather than a bunch of cheap smelling copies.

For the commercial scents I

like Bvlgari Black and Rabanne La Nuit for covering mones. They're dark, night use only. Daytime I use just

Sandalwood (thanks DST), and of course Pheros now (another thanks DST).

Terry, you should try Ham Firls's Tamil

Sandalwood and his Deer Musk. You'll be amazed. Everyone, I mean Everyone compliments those two. Pheros is better

for covering mones though.
    Thanks Greg i have made a note of them and they

will be the first ones i order, looking forward to it actually.

Here is a good resource for

sampling genuine commercial products. They have a lot of "Niche" fragrances which they decant into more affordable

sample sizes. I've bought from them and consider them a reliable

source.

http://theperfumedcourt.com/

Here is another good source, and they have some sample and

miniature sizes at good prices, but you have to browse for what you want. Genuine products. Note: Ebay has sued

them for copyright infringement, which is a joke.

http://www.perfumebay.com/index.html

For sheer

olfactory fun visit here. I've not tried any of his scents but I look forward to

it.

http://www.cbihateperfume.com/

Phero Dude

Thumbs up

Here's where I shop,

http://www.strawberrynet.com
    Great for other products as well , (I use the clinique range of skincare

for men) I find them to be prompt with delivery and less then half the price of buying locally! (I am in NZ!)
    For

cover fragrances I tend to use only two , CK eternity & Chanel egoiste. The CK is a fresh summer scent and the

Chanel is a bit heavier, more suited to evening wear (or strong none cover)
    Actually, If you like black code I

recommend you check out Chanel egoiste as it's in the same ballpark, only it's a bit harder to find these

days.
    early 40's white male or or

Thread Information