Close

Thread: Confidentiality

Stranger

Default Confidentiality

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi, I having been using

love-scent for a couple of years and am quite happy with the service. However, I am only just noticing that each

transaction is showing "love-scent" on my visa card. Kind of embarrassing for an insecure guy like

me...!!!?

A lot of online stores are able to circumvent this.

Are there any plans to setup a more

private transaction process..?

I'm surprised. It is supposed to

say "LS Products". Anybody else get "Love-Scent" on their card statement? Eugene, this wouldn't be a PayPal Visa

would it?
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Stranger

Yes, my Visa card is a Paypal

registered card. Why should that make a difference..?

The vast majority of credit cards

are processed via our online "credit card" merchant bank system. When you check out there are a couple other

payment options however (mail-in check and PayPal). If you choose PayPal you end up over on their site, not our

merchant bank credit card processor. At PayPal we are known as Love-Scent. It might be able to change that. We

never had a request for that until now. BUT... if you carry a 16 number credit card, it seems like you should be

able to use it like any other credit card, no? Gas stations, dept stores etc. If that is the case, you should be

able to use it like a regular credit card on our site. That means, rather than select "PayPal" as your payment

method, you select "credit card". Then you enter your c card number, just like everyone else. That should get you

LS Products on your credit card statement.
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Stranger

Thank, I always preferer using

paypal when I have the choice for additional security and dispute resolution. My credit card company never takes any

responsibility once I make that purchase decision.

I guess security has never been a concern with love-scent. So

I probably will follow your recomendation and put my orders straight through the CC.

PayPal does have good dispute

resolution, but they are also the ones in charge of your conventional credit card banking experience. They should

take care of you over there too. I have contested a couple of charges from bogus companies and my bank took care of

it. In general, when there is any doubt, the bank tends to side with the card holder. We rarely have much luck

standing up for ourselves when hit with an unscroupulous refusal to pay for something. I think the nice thing about

PayPal is that you can handle everything quickly online. The bank process can take 6 months or more. If a large

amount of money and various delays are involved, it can really get on your nerves.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Thread Information