Close

Default Gender specific and species specific behavior

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Mitropoulos C, Papachatzopoulou A, Menounos PG, Kolonelou C, Pappa M, Bertolis G, Gerou S, Patrinos

GP.
    Association Study of Human VN1R1 Pheromone Receptor Gene Alleles and Gender. Genet Test. 2007

Summer;11(2):128-32.

"our data suggest that the allelic differences in the human VN1R1 gene are unlikely to

be associated with gender and hence to contribute to distinct gender-specific behavior."

Speculation: If

genetic variation does not contribute to distict "gender" - specific behavior, it may be that olfactory/pheromonal

conditioning of the sexual response cycle makes a bigger difference than previously realized. It would therefore

make sense to anticipate that the pairing of an olfactory component with a pheromonal component in a mixture would

increase product effectiveness. Next thing on the agenda would be to examine species specificity of the olfactory

and the pheromonal components, as is being done by few, if any other, researchers.

James V.

Kohl
    author/creator "The Scent of Eros"

Quote Originally Posted by jvkohl View Post

Speculation: If genetic variation does not contribute to distict "gender" - specific behavior, it may be that

olfactory/pheromonal conditioning of the sexual response cycle makes a bigger difference than previously realized.

It would therefore make sense to anticipate that the pairing of an olfactory component with a pheromonal component

in a mixture would increase product effectiveness. Next thing on the agenda would be to examine species specificity

of the olfactory and the pheromonal components, as is being done by few, if any other, researchers.

James V.

Kohl
    It seems that is what many forum users have already concluded

empirically.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    It seems

that is what many forum users have already concluded empirically.
    For us laymen, does this mean that

cover scent plays an important role in the whole process? IE, if you smell attractive, and are wearing the right

mones, the combination is better than the mones just by themselves?

That's exactly what it means.

But I think it also implies that over time a person can be conditioned so that the smell without the pheromone can

trigger the same response as it did with.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

I have always believed that

the cover scent was very important..!
    Because to me I think that if you smell really great unconciusly people will

notice the better smell and sniff a little more.. And thereby penetrate better to people around you because they

better likes the smell..
    Because if you only smell oka people will not sniff you to the same degree.. But the

sniffing doesn't have to be concius act.
    WorkingMann - you've been there, done that!

Phero Dude

That's

exactly what it means. But I think it also implies that over time a person can be conditioned so that the smell

without the pheromone can trigger the same response as it did with.
    My ex used to get triggered by

chanel egoiste as I had used it as my mone cover for a while. Even when I wasn't wearing any mones she would ask if

I was going out for sex when wearing the chanel. So as you can imagine I stopped using it for a while to keep the

peace....

early 40's white male or or

Yes, we have to give women

something to smell rather than pheromones only, because even with scented products the smell is not that strong to

cover the mones or to attract attention. I beleive that the only exception to that is APC as the smell is very

strong.

That's

exactly what it means. But I think it also implies that over time a person can be conditioned so that the smell

Here's a thought: How about

combining one constituent that elicits a hormone response with another constituent that is a biologically relevant

indicator of masculinity and/or dominance. Not a cover scent constituent, which could be anything and not

necessarily biologically relevant. The right combination of "active" ingredients could be expected to do what

pheromones do in other mammals: elicit changes in hormones and behavior. Given what we already know about the

pheromones of other mammals, it should not be too difficult to come up with a winning combination. I would not be

surprised if someone had already done this, and is now simply waiting to prove it scientifically and publish the

findings in a peer-reviewed journal.

James V. Kohl
    author/creator: The Scent of Eros

That's

Come to think of it, I had a GF

who told me that she liked my smell in her bed when I wasn't there. Conditioned response with no mones and no

frags?

Can we assume that with mones and frags such a response can be "built" over time, perhaps even in the

short term. If the mones work with a powerful response, and she associates that response with a particular

fragrance on a particular person, it stands to reason that she'd want to come back for more, very quickly if things

go well. Assuming you're able to follow up on the success properly. I suppose it would take some time, but

perhaps not that long.

Of course this theory would work best with a fragrance that's unique, like Pheros or

an EO, and not the latest Aqua de Trendy, or she'd be hitting on half the population of Peoria after sleeping with

you for a week.

Don't know if conditioning works in this way, or this quickly, but the mones do add a

powerful kick. And if your scent is intoxicating there might be a winner.

All of that to say, with the right

mone mix, and the right scent, can you rule the world?

Curious,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by jvkohl View Post
    Here's a thought: How about combining one constituent that elicits a hormone response with

another constituent that is a biologically relevant indicator of masculinity and/or dominance. Not a cover scent

constituent, which could be anything and not necessarily biologically relevant.

James V. Kohl
    author/creator:

The Scent of Eros
    Do you have any specific suggestions for two such constituents?

-CAt

Quote Originally Posted by CAtriathlete View Post
    Do you

have any specific suggestions for two such constituents?

-CAt
    Yes, but I try to limit my

input to the Pheromone Research section. I'm outside the limits once the thread gets continued in "Pheromone

Discussion."

A "scholar.google.com" search on my name might be revealing. If not, some journalist will

probably soon pick up on research findings that have already been presented. Debates in this Forum have been

non-productive--search for JVK to see what I mean.

James V. Kohl
    creator: "The Scent of Eros"

Quote Originally Posted by idesign View Post

Of

course this theory would work best with a fragrance that's unique, like Pheros or an EO, and not the latest Aqua de

Trendy, or she'd be hitting on half the population of Peoria after sleeping with you for a week.
    Dont

say that..! It would be GREAT!! And you know why?!
    That's because when she smells that again - it will bring back

her memories of you in her bed - how good it were - how sweet you were etc. and will make her miss you and desire

you even more..

Had a Ex. that would go almost crazy when she smelled "my scent" from another man.. She

would call and sms me with many many messages because it made her miss me even more and want to be with me - made

her remember all my good sides and that made her miss me even more again so it's a good thing...!

But only if

she's not just a girl who sleeps around because then she would feel desire for that man that has "your scent" and

not making her feel for you--
    WorkingMann - you've been there, done that!

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CAtriathlete View Post
    Do

you have any specific suggestions for two such constituents?

-CAt
    -None and -nol are a good example, or

-rone and -nol. Many products already take this approach.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis View Post
    -None and

-nol are a good example, or -rone and -nol. Many products already take this approach.
    The Scent of

Eros for men and unscented Scent of Eros take the -rone and -nol approach, and I was the first to take this

approach.

James V. Kohl

Thread Information