Close

Phero Enthusiast

Default Request for info

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I’m interested in any

papers/articles discussing androsterone as a possible pheromone. I understand it is an endogenous hormone, with

ratios with other substances that are gender-specific. I also understand it is expressed in urine.

What I am

after are specific references indicating androsterone produces effects upon exposure to a person. Specifically, does

androsterone produce measurable effects in the exposee such as change in vital signs, measurable

psychological/behavioral changes, brain function, anything? Is it only expressed externally in urine, or also on the

skin/saliva/something else?

Peer reviewed journal articles are the best, but I’ll read anything. Any info

would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Irish; 02-15-2007 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Irish
    What I am after

are specific references indicating androsterone produces effects upon exposure to a person. Specifically, does

androsterone produce measurable effects in the exposee such as change in vital signs, measurable

psychological/behavioral changes, brain function, anything? Is it only expressed externally in urine, or also on the

skin/saliva/something else?

Peer reviewed journal articles are the best, but I’ll read anything. Any info

would be appreciated.
    Irish,

I've posted information on my latest peer-reviewed "review"

article several times. I can't imagine anything more recent that also discusses androsterone (several paragraphs)

here's the

URL:
    [url]http://www.haworthpress.com/store/ArticleAbstract.asp?sid=F1AJ71WMKCP48HTMPW51HDT2GP 7Q5DS7&ID=90566[/ur

l]

However, there is no published information that I am aware of on measurable physiological effects; there

is unpublished information that is not available on behavioral changes. And I vaguely recall that Regina Maiworm

included androsterone in one of her studies that may also have demonstrated behavioral change. One problem is that

there are also studies that have reported using androsterone that actually used androstenone, because--as I've been

told--there's a problem in translation of the chemical name in German-speaking researchers. So, unless, like

Regina, the researcher uses both compounds, it is not possible to determine without personally contacting the

researcher, whether androstenone or androsterone was used. When I spoke with Regina, she indicated that she had also

published information on androsterone in her dissertation, so I got a copy of it just in case I ever learn the

German language.

If ever it happens that other researchers, and people in general, get over their ongoing

fascination with androstadienone, perhaps there are other compounds that will prove to be more interesting, like

androsterone, for example.

James V. Kohl
    Scent of Eros -- the book and products
    Pheromones --up to

date information

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Maiworm did my favorite -rone

studies, as I remember.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Thread Information