Close

Smile Confusion about PI odor threshold

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi Everyone!

I am a newbie here and glad to be aboard. (40 y.o. male, good looking, very fit, semi-alpha)

I

had read through the forums extensively and received my first order a few days ago (PI, SOE, A1; all unscented) to

begin my explorations.

I have an extremely sensitive sense of smell. I am always the first in the room to smell

a fart. Seriously, I've never known anyone to be able to pick up a scent that I can't. So imagine my surprise when

I put my first drop of PI on my wrist and couldn't smell a thing. No muskiness. No notes of urine. Nada. This is

concerning to me because I was counting on the strong odor as a guide to avoid OD'ing.

So the next day I tried

two drops rubbed into my forearms. A female friend came over about 30 minutes later and I asked her if my arms

smelled "funky" at all. She took a good whiff right up against my arm and said she couldn't smell a thing.

So,

I suppose there are a few alternative explanations at this point:
    *Two drops still isn't above the threshold for a

strong -none odor.
    *Both me and my friend are genetically unable to detect -none (is that possible in women

too?)
    *this batch of PI is weak

Any ideas? Suggestions for further testing?

Gratefully,

CAT

CAT,

the new version of PI

supposedly doesn't have any scent. I guess everyone is noticing that... Even people like you " Sharp NOSES " ...

The best part is wheN you apply .. probably the effect you might consider is a placebo effect when people give you

stare looks .....

But then it also effect ownself if you overdose it or apply close to your nose. It gives an

indication that there is something in this product. Now it has to BE NONE but I don't understand of what grade and

kiNd ... Maybe that is what you have to explore ..

Best of luck .. and keep us updated ... unless someone goes

and LAB tests the stuff ..

Default Still researching

Quote Originally Posted by Sherid
    CAT,

the new version of PI supposedly doesn't have any scent. I guess everyone is noticing

that... Even people like you " Sharp NOSES " ...

Best of luck .. and keep us updated ... unless someone goes

and LAB tests the stuff ..
    I've been doing more research, wearing the same combination this past week:

2 drops PI rubbed into sides of neck, 8" of SOE rolled onto front of neck, and 2 drops of A1 rubbed into forearms.

Each time I've asked at least one woman to sniff my neck closely and let me know what she smells. Nobody has

detected anything, except for one friend who said I smelled a bit like fried fish.

So I'm wondering what is

happening with the -none in this PI. I thought -none has a distinctive odor, even if it's pure. I would love to

hear some other ideas/comments on this topic, at least as a reality check. Who else is using a recent batch of

unscented PI and what have you noticed about the odor?

Thanks!

-CAT

P.S. By the way, I've been

getting some reasonable hits... and I also wore this combo to a dance venue where I'm usually a popular partner,

but that night amany people stayed away-- I think my combo might have been over the OD level for a setting with such

close proximity and body heat.

King of the coupons!

Question

Hey! What happened to the delete

my post thingy?
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

King of the coupons!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by CAtriathlete
    I've been

doing more research, wearing the same combination this past week: 2 drops PI rubbed into sides of neck, 8" of SOE

rolled onto front of neck, and 2 drops of A1 rubbed into forearms. Each time I've asked at least one woman to sniff

my neck closely and let me know what she smells. Nobody has detected anything, except for one friend who said I

smelled a bit like fried fish.

So I'm wondering what is happening with the -none in this PI. I thought -none

has a distinctive odor, even if it's pure. I would love to hear some other ideas/comments on this topic, at least

as a reality check. Who else is using a recent batch of unscented PI and what have you noticed about the odor?

Thanks!

-CAT

P.S. By the way, I've been getting some reasonable hits... and I also wore this combo to

a dance venue where I'm usually a popular partner, but that night amany people stayed away-- I think my combo might

have been over the OD level for a setting with such close proximity and body heat.
    Don't worry yourself

about not smelling anything ... it's the way it is. I can't smell anything either, but I know PI works.

As for

the dance ... how long in advance did you apply? Remember, a new mone signature may cause concern for those that

already know you. Just think, all of a sudden, you seem/smell aggressive!

You can also apply your SOE

first, apply your two drops of PI, and hit your PI spots with some quality smell-you-good (colonge). Just another

experiment idea.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Phero Enthusiast

Default androstenone anosmia

Some people

cannot smell androstenone (the phero in PI). Several studies show this. Also some people are super-smellers and can

detect very small concentrations. If you're interested in the science, google "androstenone sensitivity anosmia" or

some such and you can read all about it.

They've also found some people who cannot initially smell

androstenone can gain the ability to smell it by repeated exposure. So even though you can't smell it now you may

be able to at some later time.

Sounds like you're in danger of an od, since you can't smell it on yourself

you may be overwhelming any super-smellers you encounter. Follow the instructions and err on the side of caution, or

find a helper who can actually smell it to tell you when you've applied too much.

They've also found some

people who cannot initially smell androstenone can gain the ability to smell it by repeated exposure.
    I think it may even work that way for those that can smell it. I was able to detect androstenone

from my first wiff of TE. I thought, "damn, that smells just like my old college roommate's armpit!" Nevertheless,

with almost daily use, I have become increasingly senstive to the funk and had to cut down my dose, although I have

difficulty ODing. The stink just bothers me much more than it used to.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Well to me it seems the

opposite..
    At first NPA bothered me really much but now I don't really care all that much..
    WorkingMann - you've been there, done that!

Check to see if you might have

accidentally gotten the women's Primal. I think it says "for her" on it and the pheromone content part on the

front says "guaranteed 11 mg androsteNOL and copulins" or something like that, rather than the men's "5mg

aNONE".

The women's has virtually no pheromone smell. 1 out of 4 guys can't small aNONE, and nobody can smell

it straight from the bottle, but once you rub it in a little, most folks can smell that urine/BO smell.
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Bruce with my bottle of PI/M

there is no scent at all either even after you rub it. It still says 5mg NONE.

You think that there is something

wrong. I asked my friends to do the smell test also but no one can pick any smell ....

I am in doubt ....

Pls. advice ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce
    Check to see if you might have accidentally gotten the women's Primal. I think

it says "for her" on it and the pheromone content part on the front says "guaranteed 11 mg androsteNOL and copulins"

or something like that, rather than the men's "5mg aNONE".

The women's has virtually no pheromone smell. 1 out

of 4 guys can't small aNONE, and nobody can smell it straight from the bottle, but once you rub it in a little,

most folks can smell that urine/BO smell.

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

Quote Originally Posted by Sherid
    Bruce with my

bottle of PI/M there is no scent at all either even after you rub it. It still says 5mg NONE.

You think that

there is something wrong. I asked my friends to do the smell test also but no one can pick any smell ....

I am

in doubt ....

Pls. advice ..
    I received my PI from L-S in August

2006, I have used the stuff in all manner of configerations, and i have never ever noticed any effect from it,

either on myself or anyone else, i cant smell it when applied alone, and neither can any of the many females that i

have also asked to have a sniff, My 10ml bottle says 5 mg Androstenone GUARANTEED, oh and it also had a red spot

sticker on the bottle, I still have 3/4 bottle left for what it is worth, I certainly will never buy it again, not

unless it undergoes a dramatic change, maby the xxx Attract version might work ?But i will stick to my NPA as my

singular none product for now, at least it pays its way..
    Last edited by terry0400-40; 02-23-2007 at 12:53 AM. Reason: spelling errr
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

I'm beginning to think Primal

isn't the quality product that it used to be. I encourage folks to switch to Alpha 7. The idea with that product

was to offer a higher quality product of the same general type. It has 6mg of androstenone vs. Primal's 5, AND 1mg

of androsteRONE thrown in for a total of 7mg.

I highly recommend switching to that product. We have never gotten

a complaint on it or a returned bottle I don't think.

NPA has always been a reliable work-horse. That is a

product we have control over though. Primal, we just buy and sell it. That said though, we guarantee everything.

Anyone with a bottle of unscented men's Primal that apparently has no noticeable pheromone smell to it, I would

love to have you trade it in for a bottle of Alpha 7.

B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

I'm beginning

to think Primal isn't the quality product that it used to be. I encourage folks to switch to Alpha 7. The idea with

that product was to offer a higher quality product of the same general type. It has 6mg of androstenone vs.

Primal's 5, AND 1mg of androsteRONE thrown in for a total of 7mg.

I highly recommend switching to that product.

We have never gotten a complaint on it or a returned bottle I don't think.

NPA has always been a reliable

work-horse. That is a product we have control over though. Primal, we just buy and sell it. That said though, we

guarantee everything. Anyone with a bottle of unscented men's Primal that apparently has no noticeable pheromone

smell to it, I would love to have you trade it in for a bottle of Alpha 7.

B
    I just tried to PM you re

the above but i was refused access,nevertheless i have 3/4 of the unscented PI that i would like to send back, and

do the trade on the Alpha 7, if i had the adress, and facility for paying the difference, also i do not mind paying

the difference, as i am not after a freeby, and i appreciate the consideration and great service offered here at

Love-Scent as your standard.. Thank you Bruce if you can facilitate. terry PS i have found the adress

and will ship it to L-S with a letter..
    Last edited by terry0400-40; 02-23-2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: add info

Send an email to

bruce(at)love-scent.com and I'll get you fixed up.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Send an email

to bruce(at)love-scent.com and I'll get you fixed up.
    Thank you Bruce, i already sent

the bottle off thismorning to L-S PO Box 402 Hotchkiss CO 81419. i did include a letter stating a rough outline of

these details for whoever gets it. Thank you Really 1st class ***** for service. PS i hope i sent to

correctaddress,lol PLS click on pics to enlarge...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by terry0400-40; 02-23-2007 at 11:27 PM. Reason: addition.

Phero Enthusiast

...nobody can

smell it straight from the bottle, but once you rub it in a little, most folks can smell that

urine/BO smell.
    very very very interesting point you make Bruce!! I notice when I rub my PI application

spot, I can even Od, even if I only had some residue that day.

sometimes when I'm not getting results or want

a chick's attention, I simply scratch my application spot, and whammo, it works.

By the way, I have the exact

same bottle of PI that terry has, with the red dot (i think i ordered around the same time also) ...and anyway, mine

works like

but the rubbing thing definitely makes a difference. i still can't smell PI regardless of the

rubbing or not, but I can smell NPA very well. the only thing I smell when i wear PI is a sewage/maneur smell and

only at certain points in time. but with NPA I can def. smell the urine scent

Phero Enthusiast

oh, and LOL @ that picture,

terry... they don't deliver mail with horses any more in America hahaha ..not sure what the horses one is implying?

haha

Quote Originally Posted by smooth312
    oh, and

LOL @ that picture, terry... they don't deliver mail with horses any more in America hahaha ..not sure what the

horses one is implying? haha
    They must be a little more advanced than us here in

Australia. no actually our post guys deliver to homes on a small motor scooter, most usually a little Honda. But

when i went to the PO to post my PI to Hotchkiss CO 81419. well as i did not put USA they said where is it going, i

thought is was Canada, they were not sure so we took a guess and i put USA, and upon arriving home i did a little

research to see if it was correct, and in doing so i uncovered the pics and i also learned a little about the

geography and history of the area and also of Colorado, and it really appears as a really beautifull area rich in

history and also the inhabitants appear to be good and cultured folk, so anyway i posted a pic of the pony express i

think, but i can understand that some postal deliverys are probably more efficient on horseback, maby Mountain jim

carries some mail up the rugged mountain passes and across the streams where a motor bike would not dare venture ha

ha . It seems that the pony express does not seem to slow the Pheromone deliverys down though.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth312
    very very

very interesting point you make Bruce!! I notice when I rub my PI application spot, I can even Od, even if I only

had some residue that day.

sometimes when I'm not getting results or want a chick's attention, I simply

scratch my application spot, and whammo, it works.

By the way, I have the exact same bottle of PI that terry

has, with the red dot (i think i ordered around the same time also) ...and anyway, mine works like

but the

rubbing thing definitely makes a difference. i still can't smell PI regardless of the rubbing or not, but I can

smell NPA very well. the only thing I smell when i wear PI is a sewage/maneur smell and only at certain points in

time. but with NPA I can def. smell the urine scent
    I was rubbing mine as well as all

sorts of applications and still zilch, ow well its on its way back now and 3/4 full still, i wonder if bruce can get

it tested for potency ? I dont have any trouble getting a reaction with NPA alone, still it is dynamic with SOE

combined really puts a big smile on my face everytime, I put a few dabs of Androstadienone above my top lip the

other night and after it dried down i was getting a good whiff every now and then, i like the smell, but i wont be

putting it there again because i had an unusual nightmare and was so glad to wake up, ha ha silly things i do all

for the cause, pheromone experimentation... all good fun.

Send an email

to bruce(at)love-scent.com and I'll get you fixed up.
    Thanks Bruce, i will drop you a

line. Much appreciated..

King of the coupons!

Question

I'm

beginning to think Primal isn't the quality product that it used to be. I encourage folks to switch to Alpha

The idea with that product was to offer a higher quality product of the same general type. It has 6mg

of androstenone vs. Primal's 5, AND 1mg of androsteRONE thrown in for a total of 7mg.

I highly recommend

switching to that product. We have never gotten a complaint on it or a returned bottle I don't think.

NPA has

always been a reliable work-horse. That is a product we have control over though. Primal, we just buy and sell it.

That said though, we guarantee everything. Anyone with a bottle of unscented men's Primal that apparently has no

noticeable pheromone smell to it, I would love to have you trade it in for a bottle of Alpha 7.

B

This is not good.

Bruce, do you by any chance know what the idea was in adding the -Rone to A7?

Along with NPA, I transfer my PI to a Visine bottle.

Default A7's Added Androsterone

I dont know what Bruce would say re the 1mg androsterone in the Alpha 7. My guess is that the

aNONE gives off the matcho dominant aura, and the aRONE adds a little touch of a protection and reliability (

gentleman ) into the final equation.. I also have a small bottle of 98% pure Arone, and i know by experience that

several drops of this mixed with Anone works exceedingly well in general, I had a weeks casual work last year and

the several women i was working with were responding very nicely to my aNONE application, But on the last 2 days i

added the few drops of aRONE and ZAMMO WHAM man i will never forget the way these girls went from "We really like

you terry" ... TO... "We adore you terry, and will do anything for you" Because they started anticipating my every

need in advance, it was sort of embarassing the way they were trying to force their attention upon me. So i have

learned just how a little magic can transform a reserved and quiet woman. So i would imagine that the creator of

Alpha 7 had a good idea what he or she may have been doing in adding the Arone into the formula. bloody good move i

would say..

I'm beginning

to think Primal isn't the quality product that it used to be. I encourage folks to switch to Alpha 7. The idea with

that product was to offer a higher quality product of the same general type. It has 6mg of androstenone vs.

Primal's 5, AND 1mg of androsteRONE thrown in for a total of 7mg.

I highly recommend switching to that product.

We have never gotten a complaint on it or a returned bottle I don't think.

NPA has always been a reliable

work-horse. That is a product we have control over though. Primal, we just buy and sell it. That said though, we

guarantee everything. Anyone with a bottle of unscented men's Primal that apparently has no noticeable pheromone

smell to it, I would love to have you trade it in for a bottle of Alpha 7.

B
    Hi Bruce,

The PI I

received says 5mg -none guaranteed and has a green dot on it. At this point I've had at least half a dozen people

take a good whiff of my forearms with two drops of this PI rubbed in, and nobody can smell a thing.

I bought PI

for the pure -none, because I am experimenting by mixing it in different proportions with SOE (which of course

already has -rone in it) because that seems like a highly rated mixture on this forum. But if you have more

confidence in A7 over PI, then I will consider trading it in. So I'd like to hear what everyone thinks: Is A7 a

good substitute for PI to mix with SOE?

Thanks!

CAT

CAT,

Yeah, I would trade it in

for a bottle of UNscented A7. It is a far better product. I'll answer your email with the details. Basically,

you just send it back and request the exchange. I'll tell Tammy to expect it.

B

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Thanks Bruce & Everyone,

I have sent the PI back to exchange for A7. I will report back when I receive it to see if I or any of my sniffing

friends can tell the difference.

This whole topic begs the question: why would there be such a variation in

stink from different manufacturers & batches of -none? Is it impurities? Metabolites? You'd think that most

products are fairly pure and would carry relatively similar odors. ANy thoughts?

CAT

If they can't smell the A7, you

will know for sure it is something with their noses. A7 is very consistent. Keep us posted.

B

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Default Be careful what you wish for!!!

I took Bruce's advice and traded my unscented PI (with no odor detectable by me) for some unscented

A7. Speculation has been either that I can't smell -none, or that the PI quality is questionable lately.

So I

open the bottle of A7 and give a whiff. Hmmm... maybe a bit of a smell.

I put one drop on my forearm and rub it

in... WHAMMO! Strong smell of musk... um, urine... um, musk.. um, armpit... Clearly I can smell the -none, and

frankly it doesn't smell very good, but actually not too bad either. But the scent is strong.

So I take a hot

tub, and the smell was still there... wow, this stuff is persistent! Then I go for a swim at the community pool--

strongly chlorinated which usually overpowers anything-- and it was still there! Now it's the next morning and the

scent has softened some but I can still smell it if my forearm gets in the vicinity of my nose.

I can see I am

going to have to be careful with this stuff. The potential for OD is serious.

Has anyone tried diluting this?

What kind of oil-base is good for dilutions? Also, what are the mildest complementary cover scents for this (I

really don't like cologne, so I am looking for an essential oil)?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or

advice.

CAT

Quote Originally Posted by CAtriathlete
    I took

Bruce's advice and traded my unscented PI (with no odor detectable by me) for some unscented A7. Speculation has

been either that I can't smell -none, or that the PI quality is questionable lately.

So I open the bottle of A7

and give a whiff. Hmmm... maybe a bit of a smell.

I put one drop on my forearm and rub it in... WHAMMO! Strong

smell of musk... um, urine... um, musk.. um, armpit... Clearly I can smell the -none, and frankly it doesn't smell

very good, but actually not too bad either. But the scent is strong.

So I take a hot tub, and the smell was

still there... wow, this stuff is persistent! Then I go for a swim at the community pool-- strongly chlorinated

which usually overpowers anything-- and it was still there! Now it's the next morning and the scent has softened

some but I can still smell it if my forearm gets in the vicinity of my nose.

I can see I am going to have to be

careful with this stuff. The potential for OD is serious.

Has anyone tried diluting this? What kind of oil-base

is good for dilutions? Also, what are the mildest complementary cover scents for this (I really don't like cologne,

so I am looking for an essential oil)?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice.

CAT
    Hey CAT hi, the fragrance of my unscented Alpha 7 is also very enduring, i dont really mind

because i like it, and that is all that matters, I went out yesterday with one drop applied under my ears and no

cover scent, just raw A7 alone. At the market there was a 50% off everything in one of the supermarkets that is

closing down, so as i am collecting a few essentials, within the crowded areas i am getting so many appologies from

people its uncanny, and ha ha and several babys also smiling at me, and reaching out to me, some even saying dad da,

some mothers were smiling at me and others werent so amused ha ha, this A7 sure has a lot of potential. But please

if you can CAT check this out with yours, as my applications of the A7 seem to produce a very nice feeling for me as

being cool calm and collected and with sutch an energy boost, this stuff is a real feel good product, for me at

least, so please take note and let us know if you are also feeling any positive effects from your applications,

thank you. terry.

Thread Information