Close

Phero Guru

Default "Pheros" the product

visit-red-300x50PNG
    My

girlfriend Sue used to use it and loved it but did go back to her own home-made scent which is really pretty nice

and more to her tastes.

I decided to to a little experimenting today so made a mix of 4 drops of Pheros

(that's just an approximation as the bottle has a wide spout), 2 of AE/m, 1 of A1, 2 of scented (haven't

had any real positives with this yet but it is pretty powerful and noticeable - one alpha male friend of mine said

when he caught a whiff of it a few weeks ago "Damn, what the fuck have you been smoking?"), 2 sprays of Liquid

Trust, and 1/3 pack of scented SOE gel. I used a coffee cup plate to drop the stuff into and mixed with my finger.

The scent result was very pleasant and enjoyable. I'm hooked on it. But, although I spent a good hour in a Walmart

I didn't notice any hits. The weather may be a factor, it's damn cold here right now and everyone is bundled up

with tons of clothing and not in a good mood. Further testing is warranted and since I love the scent so much, I'm

eager to do so.

The Pheros bottle I have has to be at least 3-4 years old and it's held up perfectly well.

I had to shake the bottle vigorously though.

So now that I'm hooked on it, I'm wondering what the future

of Pheros is going to be? DST Bruce ???? TIA
    There is a cure for electile dysfuntion!!!!

Journeyman

I love Pheros too - and when

combined with NPA and SOE I have gotten very warm IOIs.

By far, Pheros is my

favorite scent to wear, but be wary the smell does fade and lose it's effect as stated by it's creator and as

noticed by myself.

I have a bottle from the second

batch. DST and I had talked about longevity of the scent a while back and I got curious so I saved it unopened.

Tried it today and can't really say there is much difference from a year or so ago.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    I have a

bottle from the second batch. DST and I had talked about longevity of the scent a while back and I got curious so I

saved it unopened. Tried it today and can't really say there is much difference from a year or so ago.
    I

wonder if that's because it was unopened? I use mine several times per month when I bought it and although it

still smell strong in the bottle, when I put it on the smell fades very quickly. I would say the smell last about

1/4 as long as it used to.

Phero Guru

Default it might be

that it needs

something else with it to keep the scent going. I can still smell it strongly today on my jacket from when I

started using it again a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by koolking1
    that it

needs something else with it to keep the scent going. I can still smell it strongly today on my jacket from when I

started using it again a few days ago.
    Please explain more about what you mean by something else.

I

have never mixed it directly with mones before although I have worn both at the same time.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

I think there's a big

difference between saving an organic perfume like Pheros in a cool, dark place, and leaving it on a dresser

where the sun can hit it. The bottle I left out got ruined over time.

Unopened also makes a difference, as does

whatever you had on your hands when dabbing it. All bets are off at this point, if you bought your bottle a long

time ago.

It may be that properly preserved bottles, such as the ones in Bruce's warehouse, are fine. I

suspect the concentrated stash I kept in the original giant bottle is still fine as well, though it's been sealed

in a box for a long time in my basement. The last time I opened it was the last time Bruce bought more from me, like

1 3/4 years ago?
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Phero Guru

Default Marlboro Man...`

"Please explain

more about what you mean by something else."

Well, it's the mix in my original post, I just went and

checked my jacket again and the scent is still there, weak but there. Although I think it's pretty much unisex it

does tend toward the female side than the male. As much as I like it, I'm a bit worried that other people smelling

it might think it a feminine scent and why would a guy be wearing it? Won't stop me from playing around with it

again though, it really smells good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by koolking1
    Although

I think it's pretty much unisex it does tend toward the female side than the male. As much as I like it, I'm a

bit worried that other people smelling it might think it a feminine scent and why would a guy be wearing it? Won't

stop me from playing around with it again though, it really smells good to me.
    That's what I thought when

I first received it but all the comments that have come from woman wearing it erased any doubts that I had.

I designed it for men, but

discovered that some women go nuts over it, as in kind of losing control of their emotions a tiny bit, when wearing

it. It was definitely a real phenomenon, as some of you discovered.

I still think it's mostly male, but that

the most intense reactions have been from some women wearing it -- like they became addicted to snorting themselves.

We also observed some men having that same experience, as evidenced by them posting that literally in the forum;

which is all evidence of its bioactivity, by induction. There can be no addictive/obsessive-compulsive behavior

without bioactivity; without brain chemical/homonal involvement. Psychiatry understands that pretty well by now.

The ingredients are unisex.

By the way, I disagree strongly with the presumption that sexual dimorphism in

response is necessary for something to qualify as a pheromone. If you observe SDR, it's a sign you might have a

pheromone, sure; but that's a different logical issue. People get that confused.

Himalayan deer musk is the

perfect example of a unisex set of "analog" pheromones. No SDR, it works on everybody; but evokes the single most

powerful erotic response
    of anything you can smell currently, IMO, with the exception of a good lover's

genitalia. Anyone whatsover can demonstrate this to themselves immediately, every time, (no double bind studies

required, to be sure, though it would be beyond simple to demonstrate in the lab) if they obtain a high

quality sample and smell it in a concentrated fashion, from the vial. It's a similar feeling to snorting andro, for

those who have tried it, (remember Whitehall's discussions?) but with added euphoria. You get immediately horny,

and feel a strong hormone surge.

Scientifically speaking, this kind of evidence is far, far stronger than

marginally higher ratings of pictures or other measures, commonly seen in lab pheromone studies.

That also

beats having a "clear biological model" pointing to some indeterminate degree of hormone change; and an even more

indeterminate degree of behavioral/emotional change, like we have now with -nol; for immediate practical purposes.

The size and relevance of the effect is what matters, after all.

You can't get that effect with any set

of chem lab pheromones, so far as we know to this point.

So the pinnacle of pheromones, to this point in

history, comes from the analog realm, not the chem lab pheromones typically sold at places like L-S.

That is not to say I'd want to give up the chem lab approach, which is very effective in its own right. The

combined approach is best, which brings us back to the point of why I made Pheros, and why I made it the way

I did.

For that matter, anyone with a still fresh bottle of Pheros (though I can no longer vouch for the

bioactivity of anyone's bottle) should be able to observe directly some changes in their feeling states (and

others', if you give them the bottle) by smelling it directly from the bottle for a while. Maybe some of you

remember doing this back in the day, when I suggested it as an experiment. It's not like smelling synthetic

chemicals where all you get is a headache. It won't be as intense as smelling the perfumer's deer musk, which

literally costs more than gold, and can be subject to legal restictions. But anyone should be able to demonstrate an

effect, directly. You don't really need a scientific study.

I didn't make scientific claims about

Pheros, but that doesn't mean I couldn't have, if willing to do the research. All you'd have to do is get

normal people to smell the stuff in a lab. If people try it, it just takes a little imagination to picture, and

believe, how the research would have turned out.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 01-22-2007 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis
    I

designed it for men, but discovered that some women go nuts over it, as in kind of losing control of their emotions

a tiny bit, when wearing it. It was definitely a real phenomenon, as some of you discovered.

I still think

it's mostly male, but that the most intense reactions have been from some women wearing it -- like they became

addicted to snorting themselves. We also observed some men having that same experience, as evidenced by them posting

that literally in the forum; which is all evidence of its bioactivity, by induction. There can be no

addictive/obsessive-compulsive behavior without bioactivity; without brain chemical/homonal involvement. Psychiatry

understands that pretty well by now.
    I am one of those people who admittedly can't stop sniffing my

self when wearing it. I always wear some on my wrist so that I may sneak a sniff when I feel like it. It gives a

quick buzz like feeling of euphoria, for lack of better words, unlike any mone that I have tried. I have had girls

smell me wearing this stuff and their eyes will just light up and say what is that? I always tell them it's none

of their business and I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person in town that has it. They always beg me to know,

but to date I have never told my secret.

There you go. That is what I

am talking about.

It's a different kettle of fish, the analog mone world. The "quick buzz feelings of

euphoria" (and/or relaxation, horniness, etc) are more typical of the analog mone approach than the lab synthesized

pheromone approach.

Given a choice, you'd want to have this angle going for you and your scent, right? To

cause people to feel that when you're around?

Another thing you can try is to get hold of some good, pure

jasmine and smell that in a concentrated fashion for a while. Even a bunch of fresh jasmine flowers would work for

that. You'll definitely feel something nice, unless you have a jasmine allergy or something. That is the

aromatherapy aspect.

Some things are plain as the nose on your face, things we see or experience directly with

our own senses; and we don't need science to tell us those things, even though science is nice to help us

understand the effects better.

Thread Information