Quote Originally Posted by gaf
slightly O/T but here it is anyway...

As a divorced father of two

boys 12 & 13, this is exactly the reason why I've moved across the country to a new city. To be with my kids.
My

father was never around and I"m not close to him at all, I don't want my boys growing up without me wondering who I

am... I just don't understand men that bugger off and start a new marriage elsewhere leaving their children behind,

never to see them except for the odd holiday. shame on them for being so selfish.
OK.
rant over, this is a subject

that gets me hopping mad.
Wow... harsh one
I can't help but feel bad for those

children.

Get's me thinking though - those are NOT alpha-males in my book. I have an ex-g/f whos father &

mother got divorsed (mine are too, but that's not the point). Her father got remaried, but didn't stop being a

friend to the mother & even supports her financially as much as he can (he's lucky to be the best in his field or

one of the three; so he's got the money to help).
Now her mother got cancer, and if the father wouldn't be in

such good relations (relatively that is) with the mother... then I presume that my ex would have it much tougher on

her.

So is he an alpha male?
I'm not yet sure.
I know my own defenition - but it's a very demanding

one. I'm an alpha in a few fields, but in others I guess I have so much to work on :\
You know how it is...

As I see it, spreading the genes is not enough. You gotta make sure the children are brought up the right way

& end up being better than you... The genes are NOT the only factor in survival.

Anyway back to the subject - So

we get that going with the "I'm gonna spread my genes & have as many families as possible, without having the care

of being the father charecter" is not necessarily the Alpha-Males' approach.
In my book it's not even close.
But

what is then? (Specially in a womans' point of view)