Close

Thread: PI

**DONOTDELETE**

Default PI

visit-red-300x50PNG
    It seems like PI is not as popular anymore.
    I guess it\'s because of the new formulas.
    Some people say that they were very disapointed in their freshly purchased PI, the other say that it is a great product, but what I understand they are talking about the OLD old PI.
    On some other phero forums people were complaining that the new old one is not even close to what it used to be.
    If anyone has a positive experience with new scented or unscented PI please let me know.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: PI

Is this true about the NEW OLD PI or OLD OLD PI? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Or something else?

**DONOTDELETE**

Kesha, I think that you might be correct. I purchased the unscented PI (which I guess would be the new old PI) a few months ago and I have not had any success at all ... none ... zip ... nothing! I would also like to know if anyone has had success with the new old PI???

**DONOTDELETE**

I have used the unscented PI, (a.k.a. the
    new old PI) and have had great success with it, however it should be stated that I was using it in a combo with APC. Approximately 2 drops of PI; one behind each ear. Then 6 drops of APC; 2 on neck and on each wrist. I will try using just PI by itself next time to see if these rumors of ineffectiveness are true. I highly doubt it though, I got much, much better hits when using PI with the APC instead of just the APC alone.

**DONOTDELETE**

Subtleguy, well it sounds like it is working for you! I have also been using it in combos with PF and attraction. By the way, the two \"drops\" you speak of, do you close your finger over the top or do you let the drop fall out on your finger? Thanks for the info.

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I\'m new to the whole phermone scene, and I just purchased last month\'s combo of APC and PI.

I\'ve tried PI (\"one drop\") alone, \"covered\" by my aftershave and cologne, and mixed. In all cases, my wife smells BO. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] It seems that she is one of the few who can really smell phermones, and the addition of PI to my natural body oders is too much for her.

I\'m off to try other combinations, but it looks like I\'m gonna send PI back for a refund... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Try putting the one drop on one of your wrists and putting a dab (one fingertip-full) of the APC over it. Then rub your two wrists together. It is impossible to get an unpleasent or \"BO\" smell then. I am very sensitive to androstenone, and that blend is very safe. Just to make sure though. Don\'t tell your wife it is pheromones. Just say you got some other new cologne and ask her what she thinks. If you still get the thumbs down, try it at work or in the local minimart. Interpersonal forces could be at play. The guarantee is good in any case though. Just give it a good shot. It is guaranteed to work.
    Cheers,
    Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nico:
    By the way, the two \"drops\" you speak of, do you close your finger over the top or do you let the drop fall out on your finger? Thanks for the info.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nico, I allow the drop to fall out on my finger. When I close my finger over the top, the drop that I get is really small, so I put my finger over the tip of the bottle, and while holding the bottle sideways, I let a drop come out. The drop is about 2 millimeters in diameter, if you want to know exactly. Hope that helps you!

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the clarification Subtleguy.

**DONOTDELETE**

No problem. So how is PI working for you these days?

**DONOTDELETE**

Does scented version PI work as well as unscented?

**DONOTDELETE**

I believe they (Ylang Ylang and unscented)work equally well. Only difference is the Ylang Ylang covers up the possible BO smell that some users report detecting.

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the tip, Bruce. However, my wife is nothing if not persistent. All I have to do is open a bottle of PI in the bathroom, and the next time she walks in, she claims that she can smell that \"smell\". She hasn\'t \"found\" it yet, but she is sure determined.

The thing is that she often states that she likes my \"smell\" even though I may not be wearing any cologne or aftershave.

So now it\'s a game of trying different mixtures of PI and cologne to see if there is something that works w/o her detecting that \"smell\".

As for the social front, I\'ve used PI in the office, \"covered\" by cologne, and have not really seen any difference (positive or negative). Though, I\'m still trying.

- Lex

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I tried your suggestion, Bruce. I waited a few days so that my wife would stop sniffing every thing. But yet again, her sniffer tagged me. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I\'m gonna try lowering the amount of PI from a \"drop\" down to a \"dab\" or two and covering it with APC. Maybe, just maybe she\'ll not notice anything... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Maybe its just me but I always thought that the only \"old\" PI there was, was the ORIGINAL PI. And the NEW PI just meant the ylang ylang scented one. Bruce, am I right?

Anyhow I have had some pretty good success with my bottle of PI (now half empty). At first like many people I didn\'t notice a thing. But that was for a simple reason. (I thought that if I wasn\'t smelling the phero\'s strongly, then no girls could possibly pick up on it. I was wrong. I was more than likely over-dosing. The thing is, girls don\'t have to consciously detect the smell of the PI. As long as their VNO detects it, they will react.
    So what I do (and what I recomend to do before you return anything) is cut down on your dosage..maybe even stop using phero\'s for a day or two. Maybe even take a shower and wear a shirt that might have some residual phero\'s on it. And then see what happens. The results will be surprising I\'m willing to bet.

Good luck.

Carlos-

**DONOTDELETE**

PS PI alone may not be the best thing for everyone. Personally I now only apply a drop on my palm and rub it in my hair and wrists. Then I add some PF...which I think has a very nice smell myself. Recently I have been mixing PI with the IRC I just got (Tropical Breeze I think its called). Decent results..nothing shocking. But I\'m still liking and sticking with my CK Escape for men/PI combo. Or my Escape/PF combo. Both work good for me. You guys should try it out.

Also I have Drakkar Noir..I hear that this scent is liked by the ladies a lot. But it also depends on your body chemistry..its not the best with me, but its not bad either..check it out.

Carlos-

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, it seems to be the PI. Like one of the regular posters, JacQue, my wife gets that \"I\'m gonna puke\" thing going when she detects PI. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

As for APC, NPA, and PF: so far nothing negative from her.

I\'ve just purchased various e-oils, and I\'m gonna try some very dilluted PI with a mixture of e-oils to see if I can find something that works. If not... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Lex,

It\'s really suprising to me that your wife is SO repelled by PI, yet hasn\'t reacted negatively to NPA!

The first time I dropped out some NPA my nose immediately told me that I was smelling PI, same intense A-None scent,but at only about 80% of PI\'s concentration.
    Maybe it\'s something in the PI OTHER THAN the mones that she dislikes! Maybe the reagents or the carrier oil.
    The APC and PF carry nowhere near the monal punch that you\'ll get from NPA so why not make NPA your first choice . Perhaps after acclimating to the NPA, she\'ll be less adverse to the PI. Just a thought.

Good Luck [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Oscar

P.S. There was a thread back around June\'01 where PI, old vs. new, was discussed at length.As I recall the primary change in the product was only the viscosity of the carrier oil,at least this seemed to be the consensus.

**DONOTDELETE**

Wilde Oscar,

I\'ve cut way down on the PI usage, with the exception of a real dilluted mixture of PI with various e-oils.

Instead, like you suggested, I\'ve adopted NPA, but too have been using a dilluted mix with my regular aftershave. So far, she thinks I \"smell nice\". [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I\'ve also kick-started APC by adding a half-dozen drops of both PI and NPA to about 1/2 bottle. However, I use it sparingly and am gradually increasing the concentration of p\'mones with time.

Actually, this is now kinda fun. Sorta like chemistry back in high school/college. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Lex,

Hell, I think this is a LOT MORE FUN! Best thing you could hope to SCORE in class was good grades! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thread Information