Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Vanilla additives into mixes

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Weve discussed this elsewhere so it needs its own thread so we add vanilla to the mixes and get better results only small amounts just to blend the smells.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Vanilla additives into mixes

what would be considered a small amount? a drop or half a drop. i already have a boucheron jaipur/npa mix going on right now. should i add half a drop to it?

**DONOTDELETE**

what would be considered a small amount? a drop or half a drop. i already have a boucheron jaipur/npa mix going on right now. should i add half a drop to it?

**DONOTDELETE**

A small amount is relative. I put 2-3 drops per 5 mLs (1.5 drams) I like the effect. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Quite honestly, lets think about this for a moment. Vanilla is a blender. It does this at a level that is so small that we cannot smell it (that is amazing considering the ability of the nose...). So, using that as a premise, a small amount will suffice.

If you want Vanilla essence in the aroma of your mix, then up it til it smells nice. If you are worried that it will impart characteristics you do not want, don\'t use it.

It has been brought up a couple of times around here as an ingrediedent in mixes. Good. Pheros do not smell good (as in the aromas sense) and this chemical blends their \"unique\" aroma with the common scents (ie colognes/perfumes) that we all know and love. It does this at a very low level.

So, for those of you whom are interested in using it, start small and keep notes. Sorry for the annoying viewpoint, but it is late, and I am tired of rewriting my views (he he he.) I\'d put up the reference about the flavor (food thingie) blending, but I dunno where it went...

**DONOTDELETE**

Vanillin is the active agent. Vanilla has other things in there and smell better for the most part. Either will work.

If you want it to blend the aromas, use a small amount (a couple of drops) and shake well.

If you want the vanilla aroma, use an amount that appeals to you. If you are going to use the stuff for this purpose, I\'d use the natural vanilla, because if it\'s increased depth.

I am not sure what is in the nol-scent oil, composition wise. It could also be used to add that aspect to a blend.

My general MO about all of this is to mix up the pheros, add EtOH or APC, a couple of drops of vanilla, and then one drop of scent oil per mL. It seems to work for me. Remember, I just added the vanilla to blend the aromas, not to add a vanilla aroma.

Stranger

With all this talk of vanilla has anybody tried NPA/Super Primal Vanilla oil ( the same as the Jambat mix using the vanilla oil instead of the musk oil? )

Vanillin (4-hydroxy-3-methoxybenzaldehyde) or Vanilla?

Is the synthetic stuff better for this purpose or is the natural extract? The extract is much more complex a fragrance but does it do the fragrance/pheromone blending function as well as the straight chemical?

Thread Information