Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Stranger

Default Ok, Maxo and JVK, so I got my re-butt-al kicked...

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Gotcha Maxo and JVK!

You are correct, of course, in the fixed wing component of bumble

bee flight. Give the first over-simplified example that comes to mind and one can bet that someone will disprove the

theory!

Let me qualify something, at times it is interesting to take a stance in a debate in which you may or

may not agree at all, or partially, merely to make the discussion more lively. I give you Hannity and Colmes or

Roper and Ebert as examples!

But let us take the Jane thing further. May we assume that the average man

has not had interaction beyond the fantasy world with Angelina Jolie, for instance? Yet I venture that most healthy

men in Western society will say she is hot. No pheromones, no interaction, frankly, no hope of an approval from her

whatsoever. Yet she is the subject of fantsy and desire. How does one explain this?

And this is more of a

legitimate question than one that is rhetorical. I am curious as to what reasons various people have on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Monello
    But let us take

the Jane thing further. May we assume that the average man has not had interaction beyond the fantasy world with

Angelina Jolie, for instance? Yet I venture that most healthy men in Western society will say she is hot. No

pheromones, no interaction, frankly, no hope of an approval from her whatsoever. Yet she is the subject of fantsy

and desire. How does one explain this?

And this is more of a legitimate question than one that is rhetorical. I

am curious as to what reasons various people have on this site.
    Remember Pavlov’s experiment where when a

dog would salivate a behaviorist would ring a bell? Well, same thing. The man has been

“trained” by the scent of an attractive, healthy female, then when he see another, he associates the appearance with

the scent.
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

I just want to jump in here and

get back to the breath thing. My experience has been that dental hygene is a must for people wanting to attract the

opposite sex. One needs to use a mouth wash in the morning followed up by brushing. I would add that brushing the

gums and roof of the mouth is important too. Believe me, I'm not a neat freak. I don't like to do these things

but experience has proven that a clean mouth offers you a much better chance with women.

As far as scents goes,

I like the traditional minty crest. Starbucks used to have a peppermint breath losenge that was excellent, but

about a year ago they changed the manufacture and formula. Overall, peppermint breath using some natural scent is

the best...altoids has a mint lozenge which is ok.

If you want my other opinion about the breath...keep it

relaxed and don't take short breaths when talking with women. I don't know why this works, but practice relaxing

and taking longer and deeper breaths. People try to get into rythem with breath unconciously and short breaths can

make the other person nervious or uncomfortable. There are a lot of other reasons to slow down your breath and sync

it up to the other person. Once you sync up the breath you can then feel a closer bond. It takes practice....

Phero Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm
    I just want to jump in

here and get back to the breath thing. My experience has been that dental hygene is a must for people wanting to

attract the opposite sex. One needs to use a mouth wash in the morning followed up by brushing. I would add that

brushing the gums and roof of the mouth is important too. Believe me, I'm not a neat freak. I don't like to do

these things but experience has proven that a clean mouth offers you a much better chance with women.

As far as

scents goes, I like the traditional minty crest. Starbucks used to have a peppermint breath losenge that was

excellent, but about a year ago they changed the manufacture and formula. Overall, peppermint breath using some

natural scent is the best...altoids has a mint lozenge which is ok.

If you want my other opinion about the

breath...keep it relaxed and don't take short breaths when talking with women. I don't know why this works, but

practice relaxing and taking longer and deeper breaths. People try to get into rythem with breath unconciously and

short breaths can make the other person nervious or uncomfortable. There are a lot of other reasons to slow down

your breath and sync it up to the other person. Once you sync up the breath you can then feel a closer bond. It

takes practice....
    breathe sync is an interesting study . i remember hearing about diffusing

arguments/debate in a meditation group years back.
    my experience is that breath mints do not work. you cant

cover-up a wet dog, and you cant make bad breath smell good without brushing. IMHO.

LOR,

I agree that most breath

mints don't work. I think mints can be the exception, but it depends upon the brand. I hightly suggest that

people serious about mones and attraction brush your teath often and use a mouth wash....as Lor suggests. A clean

mouth is totally underated...even if you can't smell your own bad breath and its not strong, it can be picked up by

people around you. Best bet is to get rid of the breath factor in the equation and let the mones do their work...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnjim
    Remember Pavlov’s

experiment where when a dog would salivate a behaviorist would ring a bell? Well, same thing.

The man has been “trained” by the scent of an attractive, healthy female, then when he see another, he associates

the appearance with the scent.
    Nice to know that you understand how it works. Thanks for the concise

non-technical summary.

JVK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information