Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Pheros on skin, fragrance on clothing?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I was thinking... If the pheros always last longer than the fragrances that we\'re mixing them with, maybe it\'d be best to apply the pheros separately on skin (for faster release) and the fragrance on clothing (for slower release).

So far, I\'ve predominantly applied both to clothing. There\'s no problem of cover fragrance disappearing within 12 hours, but I think the effectiveness of the pheros might be compromised because they\'re being released even slower than on skin. I recently tried applying both to skin, but the fragrance is too intense the first two hours, then disappears. So, maybe pheros on skin and fragrance on clothing is best.

I\'m still not clear about the release rates of oil-based vs. alcohol-based pheros on skin. I do know that AE lasts a long time on skin. I haven\'t tried applying TE or NPA to skin without cover yet.

Default Re: Pheros on skin, fragrance on clothing?

It is largely a matter of economics but also of convenience and personal taste. When I first started using pheros; meaning also before I had a drawer full of samples to try out, I almost always applied unscented sprays lightly to clothing. I had a mild phero cloud around me during all my waking hours and applied cologne only for going out somewhere special. This is super easy on the pocketbook and the bottles last a long time.

Nowadays, I slap on some kind of combo of fragrances and pheros that I am curious about, spend the day with it and take a hot shower. I usually apply to wrists, sniffing frequently during the day to see how the brew is doing. I also hit my arm pits lately if I have something I really like and/or want to see how it is affected by high body heat and bacteria.
    Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, ecomonics is an issue, of course, but effectiveness is the bottom line. For instance, did you get as good results spraying lightly on clothing without cover fragrance?

**DONOTDELETE**

ITs different for everyone concerned, just experiment with different things and see how each works there is really no wrong way to apply or use this stuff everything will get results so just go with the general advice and have some fun experiementing.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hmmm.. I rubbed a spray of TE between my forearms. An hour and a half later (after the alcohol smell evaporated), I still can\'t smell hardly anything! Funny that I can smell the BO of AE so clearly after its light scent dies. I wonder if it\'s the -nol and -rone in AE or its higher concentration (about 4x that of TE). Maybe, I just can\'t smell -none well. =P. There hasn\'t been any reports of dud bottles of TE, has there?

**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, experimenting is fun, but there are just so many things to try! I\'d prefer to have a good rationale for each experiment. :-).

**DONOTDELETE**

Hmm.. I haven\'t tried the musk oil that came with TE. Maybe, that lasts longer than cologne? Maybe, I can try it over my dabs of AE.

**DONOTDELETE**

What about dropping/spraying/rolling them in your hair?

I wonder if that would be the best of both worlds? Some of it would make it\'s way to the skin and the rest would stay on the hair.

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, back to the original question. If we put the pheros and fragrance together (whether it\'s on skin, clothing, or hair), the pheros last longer, right? So, maybe we should put the pheros at a quick-release site (like skin) and the fragrance at a slow-release site (like clothing). I haven\'t heard of people trying this combination yet.

truth,

While it doesn\'t specifically address release rates, there\'s a method of application that I like to call \"cawwoting\" that I posted some time back in response to a similar thread you started. I bumped it up so it should be right next door. It\'s entitled \"Spray vs. Direct Application, Skin vs. Clothing.\"

Oscar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

That\'s an interesting idea Oscar, but James recommended applying to exposed skin, like the neck, for maximum exposure. I guess if you apply it to skin underneath clothing, some of the pheros will naturally get to your clothing but release would be slower.

I tried putting just the fragrance on clothing today, and it definitely stayed for more than 10 hours. I can\'t tell you how the pheros did since I couldn\'t smell the Edge I put on. =P. I\'ll try it with AE tomorrow.

**DONOTDELETE**

So we are finding that the current idea is to get maximum exposure in a minimum time with the best products like SOE or AE or NPA am i right or am i right.

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, it seems like both two extremes are not optimal: 1) The release is so fast that the pheros are gone after a 1/2 hour and probably OD\'d people the first 20 minutes, 2) The release is so slow that 95% of the pheros are still on the shirt by the time you take it off for the day. What would be optimal? For me, maybe if the concentration hit about 50% at 16 hours, since I don\'t like to reapply. For some people who apply just before an outing, a faster release might be optimal.

However, if the pheros on skin are at about 50% concentration after 16 hours, but the fragrance is at 5%, we have a problem. So, applying the fragrance onto clothing is a possible solution I think.

Thread Information