Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default I got my chemisty kit, and fun was not far behind

visit-red-300x50PNG
    OK, I finally got my kit. Actually, I never got the card in the mail that I had to sign for it. But, finally I recieved the bag \'o goodies. So I will let cha\'all know about mix #1. I started with this info and used P10 as a model. I mixed 5 nol, 4 none, and 1 rone because I live in a town where the folks that go out are 21-25ish. So I thought that a nol heavy mix was a good choice. I made up the mix of the chem kit to 0.5 mL. I cut it with 0.5 mL of EtOH, to make it approximatly the same strength of NPA. Then I added 4 mL of APC to it to make a JB1 ish mix. After that, I added 5 drops (1 drop per mL) of the Citrus fragrence, and finished up with two drops of vanillin (confuses the nose, it would have been one drop, but I had lots of coffee today...) OK, the mix really smells good. Very Issey-ish. I went to the local pub tonight, but there were two fights there and people were not that happy. I had no trouble talking to girls. Lots of smiles. Golly, that is quite nice.

Some practical notes... 80% APC is to viscous for atomizers. It comes out more like a loogie. It shows up on shirts. It is OK on an undershirt, but be careful. I think I will replace 1 mL of the APC with EtOH to lower the viscosity next time.

It smells good, so cut back on the cologne. I used one spray of the cologne, and my nose was annoyed. (3 sprays/loogies of the pheros) Went away after 10 min (set up time) But, I would note that the scent did not have to be augmented much. OK, that is about all. Tomorrow night is Kareoke (sp?) night, so I\'ll try again.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: I got my chemisty kit, and fun was not far behind

Hi Walter,
    quite often I could read about the positive effect of vanillin. You used it too, to make the scents (not the liquids) \"mix\" as perceived by the nose.
    Where did you get your vanillin from? Is ti oil or alcohol?

Bye, P.E.

**DONOTDELETE**

I got mine from the spice isle at the grocery store. It is alcohol based. And yeah, it is used in loads of things to fool the nose. The primary example I know of is in colas. Ever wondered what was in coke or pepsi, but had that odd sensation that it doesn\'t taste like anything known other than cola? They use vanillin to blend the flavors. I always thought that there were spices in coke and not pepsi, but I couldn\'t tell you for sure. I suppose that is the desired effect.

Also, it being dissolved in alcohol means the alcohol will evaporate really quick, leaving just the pheros and scents behind.

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks, Walter,
    I\'ll try it as well with the next mixture I\'ll be brewing. Mostly based on \"officially JB approved melanges\".

Thread Information