Close

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Default Question for Bruce - herbal capsules

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Bruce, about those herbal capsules you are giving away with orders over $50 - aren´t they made especially for men who might have bedroom problems or do women take them too?

Has anyone reported any side-effects, good or bad. I mean any physiological reactions to this stuff?

CJ [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Default Re: Question for Bruce - herbal capsules

Hi CJ,

Some of the ingredients are mainly used by men, but the manufacturer says this product is made to be used by either men or women.

I have a strong yohimbe-only extract at home that I use every couple of months. If I take 2 capsules on an empty stomach, the results are dramatic. There can be no confusing this with a placebo effect. The stuff gives you a log-on that will not go away. You could slam the thing in a window and it comes back for more. OK, exaggerating there a little, but honestly it works very well. I would be very curious to know what a woman would experience with the stuff. It is reported to work by two actions: 1. It raises the blood presure and 2. it directs more blood to the genitals. I don\'t see any reason a woman couldn\'t try it and maybe have a fantastic time with it. It is just that the need for blood in the whoopy region is traditionally a lot more critical for men than women. The only drawback that I noticed is that it makes you a bit hyper and it is difficult to get to sleep for quite a few hours.
    Now keep in mind this is just one of the ten or so ingredients in the DI supplement and that the ingredients in the DI are no extracts but just the raw herbs ground and put into capsules, so under recommended usage you are not likely to get the instant rush that you do with a yohimbe extract. From the instructions it looks like something you want to take every day for general sexual health rather than pop a couple just before sex.

I have gotten a couple of e-mails from customers saying they like the stuff and no complaints.

Any forum members have any results to post?

Cheers,
    Bruce

Sadhu

Slam it in a window, huh? Pity I can never try that one out!
    Well I´ve never had erection problems (surprise! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ) or similar problems of this nature. But I would still be interested to hear of any experiences too, men or women.

By the way Bruce is this stuff legal in Europe, we have some pretty strange laws sometimes (like most countries). [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    (I´m asking because I will most probably put in a big order this month too. )
    CJ

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: CJ01 ]

**DONOTDELETE**

Bruce, would you mind sharing with us the maker of that yohimbe extract? There is so many products on the market and I´m sure many of them are nothing but sawdust. Might come handy for ... well ... stressed times [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

CJ,
    I think Germany is OK. We had a bottle sent back from Canada once and maybe Australia.

Lusoman,
    I have the Vitamin Shoppe house brand. I think they only have one type, but maybe check to make sure you are getting a standardized extract. I buy a lot of supplements from Vitamin Shoppe and am very satisfied with them. You can buy online at vitaminshoppe.com.

You don\'t need to be having stress or difficulties to try stuff like this. I never thought of it as a medicine for failure. In fact, until I read your and CJ\'s messages here about it, it never really crossed my mind that that was the idea of the stuff. I never particularly \"needed\" it whenever I have used it. It\'s a lot of fun every once in a while. I just don\'t like to make a habit out of it as it makes me kind of nervous and agressive, and you lose those nice mellow moments together. It turns the whole thing into a circus. I think once you try it you will see for yourself what I am talking about.
    Cheers,
    Bruce

Yohimbe - the VooDoo Herb.

One can really get high on this stuff... but in ways that are not alway pleasant. At least in the US, one can get it in capsules, in liquid extracts, in mixtures with other herbs, and as a raw bark herb. The capsules and the extract are convenient - try and get a standardized dose, maybe 5 or 8 mg per cap, standardized for yohimbine, the alkaloid that\'s the main active consistuent. One or two is a \"normal\" dose and one or two can be taken daily at this dose. Some say it helps with weight loss by stimulating the metabolic rate - I believe that.

For a real party, I make a tea from the raw herb. The herb comes as a dark reddish powder made from the inner bark of a tree from the rainforests of Africa. I get it at a local herb shop for maybe $1 US per oz (28 grams). The recipe is four tablespoons in a pint of water with one tablespoon of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) to acidify the water. Simmer with stirring sometimes for an hour then cool and filter through a coffee paper filter. Add lots of honey as the stuff tastes vile!!!

Take one shot glass every 15 to 30 minutes until you start to feel something then stop and consider your navel for a while.

The effects include woodies (al la Bruce) a warmth and tingling in the extremities and skin, a spinal cord excitement something like in Kundalini yoga, shivers, maybe nausea, and general anxiety. Too much and you supposedly get hallicunations and paranoia. No, it\'s not a lovey-dovey aphrodisiac! It\'s for \"warriors who raid the neighboring village, kill all the menfolk then rape all the women - twice\" kinda stuff. You won\'t actually DO all that (would you?) but you\'ll sure empathize. For hours and hours and hours. And when you shoot your wad, you\'ll really, really pump.

Funny, but women seem little affected but I don\'t have a very large sample. It might make for engorged clitoris, sensitive skin, and the spinal cord effect.

Right, its NOT an every-day thing.

I DON\'T DO WINDOWS! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

But I have tried Yohimbe-only products, as well as some blends, and agree with all of the above.

I\'ll contribute what I know about Damiana, (Turnera Diffusa), one of the other ingredients in the Delightfully Intimate capsules.

Of all the components of the DI caps, to my knowledge Damiana is the most female-friendly. In an herbal encyclopedia I\'ve seen, the chief use of Damiana is to enhance female orgasm. But it benefits both sexes.

Two years ago I was in San Jose del Cabo near the southern tip of the Baja peninsula. While shopping in a souvenir store where no less than fifty different styles of Margarita glasses could be found, I came across a bag of \"Damiana Tea, the Aphrodisiac of the Desert\". It looked WAY to much like something that U.S Customs would object to, so I didn\'t buy it.

The following day at a nicely catered banquet, after dinner we were offered Cuban cigars with Cognac, Bailey\'s, or Damiana Liqueur. Being the curious type, I tried the Damiana as did most of my party after I\'d told them about the \"Aphrodisiac of the Desert\" thing.

The bottle is in the shape of a wide-hipped naked woman. The color is very much like Galliano. The taste is bizzarre. It starts out VERY sweet, but within seconds one tastes something similar to white pepper!

Cutting to the chase, that night I had the only triple-header of recent memory. Needless to say, EVERYONE in our group brought home as much Damiana Liqueur as they could carry.

The Damiana herb grows in the S.W. United States, and Mexico, and is especially abundant on the Baja,(haha). It\'s there that the Guaycura Indians made ceremonial drinks from it. The liqueur bottle comes with a tag on it which is in Spanish if you buy it in Mexico. I\'ve procured some here in the states, and the English tag reads as follows-

\"In ancient times, this liqueur was made by the Guaycura Indians from the Damiana herb which grows freely in the desert of southern Baja California, Mexico.
    The Guaycura Indians drank Damiana Liqueur in their centuries old ceremonies, and according to ancient legend it had such incredible aphrodisiac power that the Indian chieftans banned its consumption.
    Traditional wedding custom still practiced today, directs that the mother-in-law present the bride with Damiana Liqueur on the day of her wedding in hopes of many fine grandchildren.\"

If you\'re lucky enough to be able to buy Damiana Liqueur where you live, try it! You WON\'T be disappointed! I can no longer get it in Pa., and will have to wait to get back to Mexico again! (Unless someone is willing to trade for some Absinthe.)

I\'ve also bought Damiana tea at my local health food shop. On the box it says that the leaves may also be smoked! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

There\'s Damiana chewing gum on the web somewhere too! The stuff has a food flavoring approval by the USFDA, so it\'s likely to be safer than Yohimbe, which can cause some drug interactions. I\'m rambling.
    Adios amigos!
    Uno mas Damiana, por favor!

Oscar [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: Wilde Oscar ]

No apologies necessary, O. Wonderful post.
    Thanks,
    bruce

Damiana (D) has been something I\'ve played around with too. I find that it has some mild psychoactive properties but its main use is more physiological.

Yes, you can smoke it and, eaten, drank, or smoked, it can give one a very mild, dopey buzz. Haven\'t tried the D liquor yet but seen it on the Net. With Oscar\'s glowing recommendation, I\'ll definitely try it.

What I\'ve discovered is that the best effect is a thermal heating of the genitals. On more than one occasion, I\'ve started taking capsulated D for maybe 24 hours before intercourse and my female partners (one at a time!) have, unbidden and not knowing that I had taken D, remarked that my penis was noticably hot. Maybe complimented is a better word! I\'ve observed similar effects on female partners although I knew that they had taken D. For you virgins out there, Hot is good, very good.

This effect came from taking two large capsules of powdered D every 6 to 8 hours for 24 hours then 2 more an hour before sex. The tea is tolerable too but a little rough on the tummy. Smoking it seems a waste of good lung cells and not worth the carbon monoxide.

I\'ve tried the liquid extracts (Gaia and HerbPharm) and haven\'t really been impressed.

Sadhu

Oscar do you know if the liquor is available in europe?

Whitehall, could this stuff be a legal alternative to cannabis? It sounds a bit like it.
    I´m thinking that both would be a lot of fun at parties. What ya think? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    CJ

CJ,

Try doing a search for liquors, liqueurs, or spirits. The brand name is Guaycura Damiana Liqueur. I\'ve come across a number of online booze dealers in Europe while searching for Absinthe, but I don\'t recall seeing Damiana anywhere.
    Whitehall sent me a stateside site that has it. It\'s www.bacchuscellars.com . Don\'t know if they ship overseas though.

Good Luck,
    Oscar [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hi Bruce,I was wondering what was the mg of the Yohimbe extracts that you were using to cause such an effect.Was it 500mg?

**DONOTDELETE**

CJ
    I just recieved my order after a lot of customs problems because the sampler pack of delightfully intimate that was included in the shipment contained kava which the EU(pronounced ewwwww) [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] classifies as a \"controlled\" substance......

Had to fax them a writen(and signed) statement that it was ok for them to desruct the pills and send me the rest of the order
    (which I incidently go through customs as tax/toll exempt: )

Satan

Yes, the entire cap is 500 mg, but I am not sure how much of that is extract and how much is just ground bark, so I wouldn\'t put too much importance in that number. It seems to be a blend of extract and plain ground herb. If you get this exact brand VitaminShoppe house brand, I think you will be set. I have no reason to push this brand except I have used it many times and one cap seems to be perfect for me for an evening of fun. The problem has always been that if you take it on a full stomach it could be 6 hours until you hit the peak effects. I once took two after dinner and I was up all night long. I think I have it down now though. About two hours before the festivities begin, let one of those caps disolve in your mouth and keep the herb under your tongue as long as you possibly can without swallowing it. It is not the best taste in the world, but not terrible. Even taking it this way, it is amazing how long it takes to kick in. If you are prone to nervousness or high blood preasure do NOT take this stuff, and in any case, I would not make a habit out of it; just once in a while for laughs. On the other hand, you don\'t have to be suffering from WWS (wilted wiener syndrome) to enjoy this. It gives you DOD (dick of death) that 20 year olds can only dream about. Last word: take your time and enjoy yourself.
    See ya,
    Bruce

Sadhu

satan, I didn´t want the capsules for myself mainly for customs reasons. But I still had some hassle with them after all.

The only way they destroyed them is probably by taking them themselves, some of those guys seem to have huge problems.

Bruce if I send you a message listing my order can you let me know the freebies I was sent?

Plus, I have done some research about EU customs regulations than you could post to everyone so people get an idea about the limits etc.

CJ [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thread Information