Close

Stranger

Default Correlation between mood and phero effect

visit-red-300x50PNG
    As you may remember from some previous posts of mine, I usually OD on -none, but recently started

appreciating a -none plus SOE (orLT) and EVEN A-314 simultaneous use; I usually get quite a number of blatant hits,

which I was not capitalizing upon in the past (at the time I was engaged, though). I, however, felt that statistical

distribution of hits was uneven.
    By reading various posts, I was already aware of a correlation between mood and

hits, but I tried a little experiment all the same: for thirty days in a row, I recorded self perception of my mood

and level of tiredness in four categories per item, three times a day, i.e., early morning (at least for me), late

afternoon and late evening; I then concocted a mix in a large batch (must be tremendous, as I have always been below

my standard hits, but ... it is 9ml sandalwood TE, 1ml NPA, two SOE gel packs, 10 ml cologne, ten drops of A314) and

recorded hits (work, non-work, dance-related environment).
    Now, without hassling you with raw data, I must say

that there is an overall 0.95 (enormous!) correlation between mood and hits, and slight less negative correlation

(still statistically significant, though) between perceived tiredness and hits. Correlation between tiredness and

hits is weaker in the work environment (but probably because my perception of tiredness is lower in mornings and

afternoons that during evenings), and correlation between happiness and hits is weaker in the dance-related

environment (Argentine tango, though, which is sort of sad per se).
    The slope of the line is steep near the origin,

and then milder (i.e., if you are not really happy or feel really well, number of hits suddenly decrease, but if you

feel sort of OK you do not get many more hits than if you feel really down). This may depend, however, upon the fact

that I do not get enough hits to make the difference. I.e., six to one makes a significant difference, but one to

zero may be not significant.
    I admit that the "experiment" is ill conceived; that I should have kept various pheros

separated, and should have subcategorized "hits"; I should also have asked an external opinion on my perceived

happiness and tiredness. But by doing this I should have gone for a much longer time, and I wanted to go back to my

usual phero signature (i.e., tons of -none, a lot of SOE and a little A-314).
    In a nutshell: if this has some value

(which I doubt of), do not use pheros to get hits if you do not feel great. Otherwise, you may get much less than

you have bargained for.

Once the initial excitment is

over, my experience is 'mone apps have little or no influence on my mood. I've grow accustom to them from years of

near daily use and I just act like myself. However, like you noted, your mood has a lot to do with the effectiveness

of 'mones. I wouldn't bother to use them if I was feeling really negative, e.g., depressed or angry. They make it

worse by amping up and projecting the negative vibe. So, even if you're a great actor, many people can easily sense

something is wrong. Not the effect I want...
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Phero Guru

Default none

"I wouldn't bother to use

them if I was feeling really negative, e.g., depressed or angry". A coupla tokes solves that dilemna for me!
    There is a cure for electile dysfuntion!!!!

Yeah, Mary Jane does take it all

away. Unfortunately I won't be getting any work done thereafter.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet
    As you may remember

from some previous posts of mine, I usually OD on -none, but recently started appreciating a -none plus SOE (orLT)

and EVEN A-314 simultaneous use; I usually get quite a number of blatant hits, which I was not capitalizing upon in

the past (at the time I was engaged, though). I, however, felt that statistical distribution of hits was

uneven.
    By reading various posts, I was already aware of a correlation between mood and hits, but I tried a

little experiment all the same: for thirty days in a row, I recorded self perception of my mood and level of

tiredness in four categories per item, three times a day, i.e., early morning (at least for me), late afternoon and

late evening; I then concocted a mix in a large batch (must be tremendous, as I have always been below my standard

hits, but ... it is 9ml sandalwood TE, 1ml NPA, two SOE gel packs, 10 ml cologne, ten drops of A314) and recorded

hits (work, non-work, dance-related environment).
    Now, without hassling you with raw data, I must say that there

is an overall 0.95 (enormous!) correlation between mood and hits, and slight less negative correlation (still

statistically significant, though) between perceived tiredness and hits. Correlation between tiredness and hits is

weaker in the work environment (but probably because my perception of tiredness is lower in mornings and afternoons

that during evenings), and correlation between happiness and hits is weaker in the dance-related environment

(Argentine tango, though, which is sort of sad per se).
    The slope of the line is steep near the origin, and then

milder (i.e., if you are not really happy or feel really well, number of hits suddenly decrease, but if you feel

sort of OK you do not get many more hits than if you feel really down). This may depend, however, upon the fact that

I do not get enough hits to make the difference. I.e., six to one makes a significant difference, but one to zero

may be not significant.
    I admit that the "experiment" is ill conceived; that I should have kept various pheros

separated, and should have subcategorized "hits"; I should also have asked an external opinion on my perceived

happiness and tiredness. But by doing this I should have gone for a much longer time, and I wanted to go back to my

usual phero signature (i.e., tons of -none, a lot of SOE and a little A-314).
    In a nutshell: if this has some

value (which I doubt of), do not use pheros to get hits if you do not feel great. Otherwise, you may get much less

than you have bargained for.

great experiment. what do you make between the relationship of

pheromones and how they make you feel?
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

Stranger

Default to bjf

I suspect there is a weak

correlation, at least for me, but I feel it would take a lot of time to "prove" whether my feelings are true (or,

better, not significantly false). I have been using pheros daily over a period of some years, and I very often

overdose. After the first few TEs, I have not been getting "phero buzz" any more (and I recently kept sniffing a

newly opened bottle for a quite long time, but nothing - never used PI, though). Possibly, when I am loaded with a

gross phero OD and I do not get hits, my mood worsens as I realize that I just wasted several bucks, or that I

should not have overdosed, or that my choice of ratios among various products was wrong (luckily enough, euro has a

decent exchange rate these days, so I will keep going).

BTW: I bought Master, and started applying a couple of

inches above my upper lip, just under my nose. I do not detect any relevant effect (thinking of it, I may feel sort

of less restless than usual, but...)

Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    great experiment. what do you make between the relationship of

pheromones and how they make you feel?

Thread Information