Close

Stranger

Default Androstenone ineffective?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I found a

site that claimed that androstenone may be ineffective and wanted to hear the opinions of experienced guys from this

forum. Well here it is, what do you guys think?

http://www.sirc.org/publik/smell_attract.html

Depends on the person using it

and the target. I'm a 'none deficient Asian male so it puffs me up a bit and gives women an itch that needs to be

scratched--scratched very badly indeed.

A young buff Anglo or Black moned up with 'none is likely to OD and

cause man, woman and beast to engage in the fight, fright or flight mode. Why? Their natural 'none production is

already off the scales. A drop more bursts the dam and blows it all away.

Also, race matters. Asian young

women tend to be repelled by 'none while White and Black women tolerate or are attracted to it. I find Black women

especially turned on by 'none. Also, the older the woman--at least into the 40s and 50s--the more effective 'none

is on their mating behavior.
    Last edited by Gegogi; 07-07-2006 at 02:57 AM.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

then how would you explain hits &

DIHLs reported on this forum?
    i have seen clear differences in people behaviour wearing & without wearing mones, I

have noted hits with PI & SOE so there has to be something, is'nt it?

Default Success

Quote Originally Posted by gklite
    then

how would you explain hits & DIHLs reported on this forum?
    i have seen clear differences in people behaviour

wearing & without wearing mones, I have noted hits with PI & SOE so there has to be something, is'nt it?

Me too. Success. I've got sensual hits that I attribute to the Edge gel packs. Obvious Sensual reactions that

I didn't see before using the Edge.

CheeXiong,

From my

experiences, properly used, I think Androstenone is very effective.

But here's the caveat:

I doubt

that you'll find anyone, woman OR man, who doesn't find the smell of concentrated, synthesized Androstenone to be

"repulsive" or at the very least "objectionable". So articles like this must be taken with a grain of

salt.

In fact, it's not "the SMELL" per se that we are attempting to deliver to the sensory apparati of our

respective targets, but rather a minute quantity of the chemical at SUB-olfactory levels.

It's thus at

levels of concentration BELOW the threshold of a consciously perceived "smell" that Androstenone works best. And

better at the peak of a woman's ovulatory phase than at other times as well.

But since different people have

varying levels of olfactory acuity, AND the fact that women in general are more sensitive to smell than are men, it

makes sense to employ a good, complementary cover/carrier fragrance. What may be below detectable threshold for one,

may NOT be for another.

At the MOST, the Androstenone application that you use should only provide a nuance

of a fragrance note in combination with your cover scent. My old favorite cologne for covering A-None (my favorite

source of which is NPA) is l'Eau d'Issey,

which actually seems to be enhanced and improved by the addition of the musky note provided by the

A-None.

But if you can consciously smell the Androstenone over and above the cover/carrier fragrance that

you're wearing, then you can pretty much be sure that women can too, and you'll know that you're using too

much.

Oscar

A number of womenÍs

magazines have recently carried good-news reports claiming that the smell of cinnamon buns has been proven to ïboost

male erectionsÍ - some use the more scientific-sounding euphemism ïincrease penile blood-flowÍ. (The Smell

Report)
    Now I understand why I always get hard at my local Cinnabon. And I though I was taking a

shine to the chubby counter girl. Man, that news it a relief!

Stranger

@Oscar,

I must say I find this

all rather interesting, since l'Eau d'Issey happens to be one of my favo's also, specially in summer.

However, when I use NPA (in a mix or by itself) I feel I need a 'heavier' scent to cover the mone stink,

because no matter how much l'Eau d'Issey I apply, I still keep smelling like dirty socks...

I really need

'heavy weights' like for example Antaeus pour Homme by Chanel, or maybe Havana by Aramis to feel 'secure' enough

to wear NPA.

Speaking of androstenone and products containing it, can someone explain to me why I do smell NPA,

while PI on the other hand is totally odourless to me!?!?

Could it be I'm not able to sense androstenone at

all, but that what I smell is in fact this so-called 'secret ingredient' in NPA? It kind of worries me, and for

this reason I hardly ever wear PI, for I'm affraid to OD without me even knowing it.

Rico,

I tried applying NPA

and covering with Issey, but the results weren't that good. The NPA always seemed to bleed through.

The

trick with the Issey/NPA mix is to actually physically mix the two together and allow to steep for a while. A few

days is OK; a week is better; two weeks allows the full melding of the ingredients to take place.

I'm at a

loss to fully explain the how or why of this, but I've speculated that one or both of the pheros in

NPA might be acting as a fixative on one or

more of the scent components of the Issey. Whatever happens, you end up with a rich, robust version of Issey that

can barely be determined (smell-wise) to contain any pheromones at all.

I used 5 parts Issey to 1 part of

NPA.
    With your sensitivity to NPA's "aroma" you might want to go a little more heavy on the Issey, but try a

real small batch of the 5:1 before deciding. I found that around six total drops of this mix per application gave me

a nice 1 drop dose of NPA and just about the perfect amount of scent overall.

It could be that what you smell

is the secret ingredient in NPA, or perhaps another "synergy issue". Maybe the secret ingredient unlocks the

receptor in your olfactory epithelium to allow you to smell the A-None. (Speculation) If the secret ingredient is

what I've long suspected it to be, it's a compound whose scent is very similar to A-None.

Oscar

It's definitely effective.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

I agree with Oscar about the

mixing. I too mix NPA/cologne 5:1 in an atomizer and it works much better than dabbing and covering. Often I spike

it with a little A-1. I actually have 3 preloaded atomizers, one with L'eau D'Issey Summer, L'eau D'Issey

(standard frosted bottle) and Burberry Weekend. Of the 3 Weekend lasts the longest.

Besides covering NPA better,

you can keep the atomizer in your pocket for a quick refresh later in the day. Weekend/NPA seems to really drive

women crazy horny.

Phero Dude

Androstenone and other male pheromones

have more of a scent to men than to women. Look at the experiments done by Savik.

In women they activate the

hypothalamus, but in men they activate the olfactory centers.

There's other evidence that women may respond

better to -none when they are ovulating.

Very interesting...

Gegogi

and Oscar, how many drops or sprays (roughly) would you use from this mix (assuming you literally had a 6-7 drop mix

of this stuff in your atomizer)? I know everyone's body is different, but I just want to get an idea.

Also,

I've got about 15 fragrances to choose from. I don't want to have 15 atomizers, so how would I go about overcoming

this problem? I wear fragrances according to the situation (and personal preference) - would a bog-standard eau de

cologne be enough or not?

Trebor

I use 3 or 4 sprays to start

with. Later in the day I might refresh with a spray or two if I'm hitting happy hour. I usually spray on my

clothing

Quote Originally Posted by xvs
    Androstenone and other

male pheromones have more of a scent to men than to women. Look at the experiments done by Savik.

In women

they activate the hypothalamus, but in men they activate the olfactory centers.

There's other evidence that

women may respond better to -none when they are ovulating.
    Savic is using the crystaline form of

androstadienone in some studies, and diluting it in others. Much higher concentrations for exposure. Besides

androstadienone is closer to androsterone than androstenone when you consider the metabolic pathways. At least

that's the concensus among some researchers I know. Original reports (media) that androstadienone is a testosterone

derivitive are wrong, and I have addressed this in previous posts.

JVK

Stranger

Oscar, thank you for your answer

and I will surely try out this trick with the Issey. Although I think I'm gonna have to tweak it a bit...

See,

I was thinking that since I find the smell of NPA so uterly repulsive (and what's even worse is that it makes me

feel like some bum who's been sleeping in his clothes for weeks...), I go with PI instead.

I know that PI is

oil based, so it won't mix well with perfume, but a couple of weeks ago I happen to have bought some perfume oil

that Bruce sells on the site, and that L'eau D'Issey thingy is spot on!

Now I've learned that PI is two times

as strong as NPA, so thats would be more like 10:1, to get good results. Am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by xvs
    There's other evidence

that women may respond better to -none when they are ovulating.
    No, the evidence says they respond

less negatively--which is not quite the same as responding better.

JVK

Thread Information