Close

Question To Bronzie, Lor, Belgreth or whoever:

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I read you replies and I thank you, however I have a new ?. It sounds like you are experienced with

EOs. Do you have a good suggestion as to which EOs I could combine to make a good scent in which someone like, say

my husband, would not think it smells too much like soap? I combined Honeysuckle with Arabian Musk and Honeysuckle

with Woodspice. Both of which I thought smelled good but my husband thought it was to soap like of a smell. So, I

take it that musks and woodsy-spicy smells aren't to appealing to him. He mentioned that maybe a sweet or floral

scent might be better for me. I used to do Rose back in the 90's and I think I like more of a sophisticated scent

now. I have Gardenia EO and Lavender EO and Jasmine EO, but I think that maybe a little bit of a Rose scent mixed

with something else would be good too. Anyway I leave it up to your expertise as to which combo I could use. I also

have EW, PI, SOE, NPA, and AE, which is my is my all time fave. Thank you.

I can't honestly say that I am

experienced with EOs, more of a dabbler. The thing that smells best to me, the most erotic scent is that of a clean,

fresh and healthy woman. My wife has long, curly hair and one of the smells I like best is when she has been out in

the sun. I can stick my nose into her hair at the nape of her neck and enjoy the aroma for hours, it seems.

All

that said, sometimes she wears just a little lavender EO on her neck. You wouldn't even notice it unless you get

close then it is nice.

Naughtie and the Countess have in the past mentioned Bath and Body Works scents that they

like. One was a cucumber scent with melon, I think. You might try there. Or check some of their older posts for

information. Here are some I remember as being

useful:http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/sh...hlight=perfume
    http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14744&highl

ight=perfume

http://www.love-s

cent.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8637&highlight=perfume

There is a lot of information out there and

DrSmellThis is the real expert on scents and perfumes. Hopefully, some of the posts listed will help though.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

If you have any sandlewood, you

might try a combo of sandlewood and rose.
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Default Thank you

Thank you

Belgreth and Mtnjim. I will definitely try your suggestion. If DrSmellThis is reading my post, perhaps he might

have a few suggestions for me too.

Phero Pro

kit, a good thing to do is this,

go to your local chemist and buy the cheapest moisturizer you can find, but scent free!, the ingrediants should not

be petrolium product like Nivia cream, but plant based.

pour a few dabs out and then add a drop or two of

essential oils on that, you can now use the moisterizer as you would a regular one over your skin, this method of

application means that you will have a scent halo, and not be scent concentrated, which can be over powering to the

senses sometimes.

Gardenia is a strong oil, I would mix that with jasmin and not lavender, and I would mix

Rose with jasmin or lavender but not Gardenia.

A very nice scent which seems to have aphrodisiac effect is

nutmeg, the oil is very smooth with little sharpness, and good enough to eat.

I have a very big collection of

pure essential oils that I burn, I dont use them on my skin, and different oils have different healing properties,

despite the way they smell and how you percieve people will react to them. Before buying an essential oil a simple

internet search you will learn about how it effects humans. Some can be very soothing, others very lively.

A

simple analogy is this, go out one night and smell the flowers, you will soon discover , others will keep you awake

and aware while others will calm you.

Phero Enthusiast

Wink not all oils are essential.

Quote Originally Posted by kitluvr@concourse.net
    I read you replies and I thank you, however I have a new ?. It sounds like you are

experienced with EOs. Do you have a good suggestion as to which EOs I could combine to make a good scent in which

someone like, say my husband, would not think it smells too much like soap? I combined Honeysuckle with Arabian Musk

and Honeysuckle with Woodspice. Both of which I thought smelled good but my husband thought it was to soap like of a

smell. So, I take it that musks and woodsy-spicy smells aren't to appealing to him. He mentioned that maybe a sweet

or floral scent might be better for me. I used to do Rose back in the 90's and I think I like more of a

sophisticated scent now. I have Gardenia EO and Lavender EO and Jasmine EO, but I think that maybe a little bit of a

Rose scent mixed with something else would be good too. Anyway I leave it up to your expertise as to which combo I

could use. I also have EW, PI, SOE, NPA, and AE, which is my is my all time fave. Thank

you.
    okay.
    my biggest issue here is that alot of people are confusing essential oils with regular

over the counter fragrance oils. HUGE difference. one is the plants life-force essence.... used for aromatherepy.

has the power to add to pheromones GREATLY due to the fact that it acts to heal/regulate/stimulate/depress the body.

fragrance oils are cheap and just smell real good. essential oils do not have a carrier oil. they often give the

latin name of the plant/tree its derived from on the label. i am a big fan of essential oils, rose absolute or otto

being my favorite, but being stupid-expensive- over 100$ for itty bitty amounts. it takes i believe a ton of rose

petals to produce only one pound of essential oil. someone check my data.

The Romance of

Perfumery
    .anyhoo, in your case , vanilla will sweeten a mix. id add rose absolute for a feminine

touch, sandalwood for its fixative-properties, and frankincense for a mysterious relaxer -element to it. that right

there is a real hot mix. aromatherepy and pheromones are a beautiful match, and powerful as well. let us know what

you come up with .

Thank you bronzie

and Lor. I'll try the sandlewood, rose and frankincence. I'm not much of a fan of vanilla(it's too sweet of a

smell of me). I'll give it a try anyway. Who knows it might do wonders on covering up EW.

Stranger

Default EO vs. Fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by Lor
    okay.
    my biggest issue here is that alot of people are confusing essential oils with regular over the

counter fragrance oils. HUGE difference. one is the plants life-force essence.... used for aromatherepy. has the

power to add to pheromones GREATLY due to the fact that it acts to heal/regulate/stimulate/depress the body.

fragrance oils are cheap and just smell real good. essential oils do not have a carrier oil. they often give the

latin name of the plant/tree its derived from on the label. i am a big fan of essential oils, rose absolute or otto

being my favorite, but being stupid-expensive- over 100$ for itty bitty amounts. it takes i believe a ton of rose

petals to produce only one pound of essential oil. someone check my data.

The Romance of

Perfumery
    .anyhoo, in your case , vanilla will sweeten a mix. id add rose absolute for a feminine

touch, sandalwood for its fixative-properties, and frankincense for a mysterious relaxer -element to it. that right

there is a real hot mix. aromatherepy and pheromones are a beautiful match, and powerful as well. let us know what

you come up with .
    Lor, are the oils from Aveda pure like through online stores? I bought a few including

sandalwood & vanilla from a local Aveda store and want to make sure I got what I paid for. I believe the sandalwood

was almost $30 for 1 oz so I certainly hope it's the real deal.

PS: I also bought the peppermint on a lark, I'm

not sure what to do with it. What do you use it for?

Question Still waiting to hear from DrSmellThis

DrSmellThis, If you have any ideas for EO combinations, I would really love to hear it.

I understand you have a great knowledge of fragrances that may be combined. My husband thinks that what I've

concocted so far smells a little soap-like.

Phero Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsGC
    Lor, are the oils

from Aveda pure like through online stores? I bought a few including sandalwood & vanilla from a local Aveda store

and want to make sure I got what I paid for. I believe the sandalwood was almost $30 for 1 oz so I certainly hope

it's the real deal.

PS: I also bought the peppermint on a lark, I'm not sure what to do with it. What do you

use it for?
    30$ for 1 ounce of sandalwood is pretty accurate. its one of the cheaper essential oils to

obtain.
    Peppermint: use in moderation. antiseptic/antiviral actions. also good for a number of things, like muscle

pain,head colds,nausea. wearing it, it would be good for mental fatigue, headache/migraine, nervous stress. i guess

that translates into " i want to be sharp and focussed" mixes. essential oils, if they are real, are very expensive

(although peppermint should have been reasonable). they cost alot to retrieve from the plants/trees.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

kitluvr, it sounds like both

you and your husband need to try some oils and scents out. The ones you have are great, and would be great with

vanilla (problem here -- most are synthetic) and/ or sandalwood.

Currently I'm having problems with the site

such that it takes extreme amounts of time recording my typing (I've no idea why, perhaps a mod can help -- never

happened on other sites I type on), so I have to be extremely brief. If I get this problem resolved I'll be glad

to help out more.

Most of the oils you mentioned are synthetics except for the flower EO's you own. Those

seem to be what your hubby doesn't like.

Please search for "perfuming basics" thread in women's forum for

lots of ideas.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Thread Information