Close

Default Best Musk colognes

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Opinions please on the

best quality musk colognes - i.e. those with several layers. I imagine that they may be the ones with sandalwood &

cedarwood in.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

You've got me on this one. I

don't like any of them that much, since commercial musk perfumes are all synthetic and smell like it. Chikara has a

decent synthetic musk note.

Pheros has a strong, complex musk note that is entirely natural; and I know

of no commercial cologne currently sold that can say the same. Whether someone likes it is for them to judge.

Natural musks are out of fashion, despite their strong analog pheromone content, since the trend in recent decades

has been toward lighter, simpler scents (e.g., citrus, vanilla).
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Natural musks are out

of fashion, despite their strong analog pheromone content, since the trend in recent decades has been toward

lighter, simpler scents (e.g., citrus, vanilla).
    do you think that the upcomeing of the gay culture and

the famanist movement has anything to do with it? all in a combo to de-ball the guys?

Default ir's Dark Continent used to be good

Quote Originally Posted by chas
    Opinions please on the best quality musk colognes - i.e. those with several layers. I

imagine that they may be the ones with sandalwood & cedarwood in.
    However i have recieved several watered

down batches the last few times i ordered from them then again its been at least a year maybe a year and a half

since i ordered from them so maybe intimate research has turned things around

Quote Originally Posted by slickracer
    do you think

that the upcomeing of the gay culture and the famanist movement has anything to do with it? all in a combo to

de-ball the guys?
    I do think that there's been a cultural crisis of masculinity and male sexuality, and

that this had something to do with the fall in popularity of animalistic male scents. I wouldn't pin it on gay

culture or feminism, however. It's a larger thing that all those things are part of. I think the industrial

revolution, which ripped men out of their families and communities, is more to blame for the "deballing"; along with

the major religions.

Quote Originally Posted by bolounit
    However i have

recieved several watered down batches the last few times i ordered from them then again its been at least a year

maybe a year and a half since i ordered from them so maybe intimate research has turned things

around
    Huh??? Say What?

Ordered wnat? From whom?
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Phero Enthusiast

Cool

heckkk... have you ever watched

a coupla hours of The Lifetime Channel ? .... "men" are depicted as weak, impulsive, sociopathic, voyeuristic

background elements while the women do all the real work and drive the story... and ya know sumthin' ? A large

swath of the population bought into that model, without ever questioning how that model was being generated ....

Lifetime shows don't simply obtain financing, write themselves, get produced and then transmitted into our homes

without the writers, producers, camerapersons, and so on.

Until.... well, let's say that I've known my

share of women who bought into this point of view, don't seem to want to hang around men too much, they're not

lesbians, just "not in a space of need " ... or whatever.... then as time goes on they start to appreciate what men

are good for, above and beyond sperm donor duty ... what they hadn't counted on was that in the meantime a goodly

number of men had gotten sick and tired of this gender politics bullshit and basically clocked out to go fishing...

then at some later point the women start fidgeting around trying to, erm, "get something going" with a guy , just

"from a space of power" or whatnot and they can't for the life of them figure out why the guys don't fire up like

they used to... now they'd rather hang out and talk shop with other guys,... bowl, grind metal tubing, compare bass

lures, damn near anthing than try to unravel a bunch of incoherent television inspired heroic feminist romance slop

confusion. Women don't understand. When guys get perplexed we go shopping for tires...

ONE of the best out there is

Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens!

This stuff has been described as sex in a

bottle!

Here's a review from Basenotes.com,

"where to start with this gem. good god, this scent is

superb. it's sex in your face. it starts off with a note reminiscent of the monkey house at the zoo. don't plan on

spraying this scent less than 20 minutes before you come in contact with anyone because the top notes are horrid.

however, when it settles, it's brilliant. sexy, rich musk that is sweet and sexy and a mindblower. the complexity

of this scent and the drydown make the horrid top notes worth suffering through. not for everyone, but this scent

packs a wallop."

Surfs up: I agree men

have been portrayed as you say by pop culture, and that it's terrible. Ever watch an episode of The Honeymooners

(an otherwise great show)? This started long ago. The ever annoying "radical or psuedo-feminism" has been a bit

opportunistic in exploiting the preexisting cultural weakness or "power vacuum". At this point men have to follow

feminism's lead and empower themselves -- hence the fledgling men's movement (see Robert Bly, et al).

Lacking good cultural information, and too often strong fathers and role models, men are still confused about "how

to be men," as evidenced by the prominence of fake, misguided, hollow, immature macho BS everywhere you turn. (e.g.,

seduction sites, politics). Feminism will gladly "submit" (in a way that helps them not disempowers them) to real

masculinity as soon as some comes along in our culture and leads the way. But it's a deep problem.

Anyway, yeah,

perfumes have reflected this situation. Men need to start picking out their own perfumes. If you love it, and love

it on yourself, chances are it will smell good on you to others.

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    ONE of the

best out there is Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens!

This stuff has been described as sex in a

bottle!

Here's a review from Basenotes.com,

"where to start with this gem. good god, this scent is superb.

it's sex in your face. it starts off with a note reminiscent of the monkey house at the zoo. don't plan on

spraying this scent less than 20 minutes before you come in contact with anyone because the top notes are horrid.

however, when it settles, it's brilliant. sexy, rich musk that is sweet and sexy and a mindblower. the complexity

of this scent and the drydown make the horrid top notes worth suffering through. not for everyone, but this scent

packs a wallop."
    ...love that review!

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    "where to

start with this gem. good god, this scent is superb. it's sex in your face. it starts off with a note reminiscent

of the monkey house at the zoo. don't plan on spraying this scent less than 20 minutes before you come in contact

with anyone because the top notes are horrid. however, when it settles, it's brilliant. sexy, rich musk that is

sweet and sexy and a mindblower. the complexity of this scent and the drydown make the horrid top notes worth

suffering through. not for everyone, but this scent packs a wallop."
    That is awesome. I can't imagine

putting on something that smelled like a monkey house. Has anyone seen anchorman. This description reminds me of

"black panther" made with real panthers so you know its good.
    24 year old, good looking, white guy SOE+NPA works like a charm
    Chikara no results nice scent
    Pherlure cant wear it; strong scent headache
    AA314 good stuff
    NPA girls get frisky, stinks
    A7 almost as good as NPA
    SOE legit

Phero Enthusiast

Lacking good cultural

information, and too often strong fathers and role models, men are still confused about "how to be men," as

evidenced by the prominence of fake, misguided, hollow, immature macho BS everywhere you turn.
    Ahhh

yes... here we are up to our necks in the bogus wimpy dude - macho warrior polarity complex... like the

whole culture is either submitting to psychological castration or working on a mondo excess maleness pose... both

are forms of surrender.

So whatchagonna do ? I whipped up my batch last night, Villoresi Musk Oil, Villoresi

Wild Lavender (don't laugh, women have rated lavender as their #1 erotic scent), Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, Clive

Christian X, Cardamom essential oil, Cumin essential oil, Santa Maria Novella's Mariascialla and Golden Amber and

some monolaurin ... dayummm.. perfect blend, real potent... resinous, musky, balsamic, and piney... all it needed

was some castoreum and I'd be tossed out of the upscale places... those shmucky joints where you must wear

all leather shoes... who dreamed up that asshole requirement ? Keeps the perfumers out ?

Default Dark continent

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnjim
    Huh??? Say What?

Ordered wnat? From whom?
    BY intimate research

Stranger

I recieved a sample of MKK from

an eBay seller today. It doesn't smell ANYTHING like what you guys are describing. In fact, it smells like an old

lady's perfume, flowery and soapy. It smells like this straight out of the bottle and doesn't seem to change much

over time.

So, probably I've been had, or the seller has a mislabeled bottle. A little googling revealed other

people have had similiar experiences with MKK decants ordered online.

I'd go into a store and compare, but SL

MKK is impossible to find where I live. Anybody here who has MKK that I could send a postcard drenched in my sample?

I just like to get confirmation of my suspicion that my bottle is bogus.

I'd really like to get hold of a

good musk scent so I could add a bit of a more animal tone to my mix, and MKK sounds like it would be precisely what

I'm looking for. The sample I recieved was a huge disappointment but I'm not giving up just yet

Quote Originally Posted by surfs_up
    Ahhh yes...

here we are up to our necks in the bogus wimpy dude - macho warrior polarity complex... like the whole

culture is either submitting to psychological castration or working on a mondo excess maleness pose... both are

forms of surrender.

So whatchagonna do ? I whipped up my batch last night, Villoresi Musk Oil, Villoresi Wild

Lavender (don't laugh, women have rated lavender as their #1 erotic scent), Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, Clive

Christian X, Cardamom essential oil, Cumin essential oil, Santa Maria Novella's Mariascialla and Golden Amber and

some monolaurin ... dayummm.. perfect blend, real potent... resinous, musky, balsamic, and piney... all it needed

was some castoreum and I'd be tossed out of the upscale places... those shmucky joints where you must wear

all leather shoes... who dreamed up that asshole requirement ? Keeps the perfumers out ?
    Being a

primary ingredient of leather scents, the castoreum would rather make you more popular in leather shoed swanky

joints.

I recieved a sample of

MKK from an eBay seller today. It doesn't smell ANYTHING like what you guys are describing. In fact, it smells like

an old lady's perfume, flowery and soapy. It smells like this straight out of the bottle and doesn't seem to

change much over time.
    Johnny, I think you were ripped off. I just recieved some Musc Koublai Khan

from ebay and it doesn't smell flowery or soapy. It does smell like some hairy animal when first applied.

The description from Basenotes is very accurate.

I too picked up an eBay decant

of Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lute.

I liked it very much. It is very musky and warm and

compliments my natural scent well - at least in my own mind. However, I'd say that the Basenotes description is a

bit overblown. It ain't THAT wicked although I wouldn't wear it to Sunday School or on a job

interview.

I'll try it tonight with some NPA at a new bar I've discovered. Last week when I visited for

the first time I had three women feeding me chocolate cake, dancing, mucho kino, forcing their email addresses on

me, etc, etc.

Exclamation

Last night, wearing that Musc

stuff and a little NPA - bingo.

Something was working.

Regarding the question of

whether animalics are out of fashion because of feminist or gay preferences, I would say no, because women's

perfumes have sharply turned in recent past to PINK STUFF - aquatics, fruity florals, etc., and any of the classic

perfumes containing civet or musk to any degree are decried as "old lady perfume." It's not just the men's

scents, so not to worry.

Serge Lutens does some beautiful stuff - there's Arabie and Ambre Sultan for

musky/spicy, and Daim Blond (white suede) smells in a great way like a leather jacket, or the upholstery in a

Jaguar.

Surfsup, please tell me you're kidding!

Phero Enthusiast

kidding about what ? Hey, you

want some absolute dope men's fragrance, expensive too, try Montale .... they have some awesome

exotics..

kidding about

what ? Hey, you want some absolute dope men's fragrance, expensive too, try Montale .... they have some

awesome exotics..
    I've heard nothing but good about Montale fragrances. I just

ordered some samples from Parfum's Raffy and I can hardly wait to try them out.

When guys get

perplexed we go shopping for tires...
    I'm with you, dude - Put me down for a full set of Pirelli P Zero

Rosso's and a subscription to Tire Review Magazine!

Journeyman

I prefer to wear Dr.

SmellThis's Pheros as a cologne plus the phermones it has complements whatever I have put on.

what they hadn't counted

on was that in the meantime a goodly number of men had gotten sick and tired of this gender politics bullshit and

basically clocked out to go fishing...
    I guess I just ain't feeling it. Ma balls 'r so huge I gots to

carry 'dem in a wheelbarrow!

One of the things I learned in life is to ignore all that crap and just be me.

Helps you survive and stay happy. Besides it's too convenient to blame the media or society at large for your

problems. Of course this is coming from a guy that mainly hangs out with women and wears citrus colognes.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Try this cum on your hands and put a

few drops on your chest and neck area.

DCW

Stranger

what about bod man musk if

anybody has tried that

DCW advises, "Try this cum

on your hands and put a few drops on your chest and neck area."
    Also, make wee on your fingertips and

smear on pulse points. Be careful not to use too much (& never after eating asparagus) as you don't want to stink.

To be on the safe side, cover with cologne. A little diddle behind the ears and I can't keep my girl off me. Tinkle

is a wonderful source of natural 'none and probably why so many women enjoy golden showers.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Stranger

About the whole urine and cum

thing,I've heard of this before(not on the forum, but from a friend who watches alot of science shows) has anyone

ever tried it? does it work?I'll try anything once I guess, keep ya posted*LOL*

I was half screwing around..but now

I'm glad I post it.

DCW

Thread Information