Close

Hybrid View

Well depending on some unknown

stability process, we might have 7 days.

American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology. 186(3):496-498,

March 2002.
    Gard, John W. RPh; Alexander, James M. MD; Bawdon, Roger E. PhD; Albrecht, Jon T.

RPh

"Abstract:
    OBJECTIVE: The purpose of this study was to determine the stability of oxytocin in

lactated Ringer's solution and lactated Ringer's-dextrose 5% solution over a 24-hour period at 25[degrees]C and

over a 7-day period at 5[degrees]C.
    STUDY DESIGN: Twenty units (2.1 [mu]g equal 1 unit) of oxytocin were injected

into 1000 mL of lactated Ringer's solution and lactated Ringer's-dextrose 5% solution. Samples for the analysis

were drawn at specified times after storage at 5[degrees]C and 25[degrees]C. These samples were stored at

-70[degrees]C for later analysis. Statistical analysis was done with 1-way analysis of variance and Tukey-Kramer

multiple comparisons.
    RESULTS: Twenty units of oxytocin in 1000 mL of lactated Ringer's solution and lactated

Ringer's-dextrose 5% solution was found to be stable for 7 days at 5[degrees]C and for 24 hours at

25[degrees]C
    ."
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Phero Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnjim
    Well depending on

some unknown stability process, we might have 7 days.

American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology.

186(3):496-498, March 2002.
    Gard, John W. RPh; Alexander, James M. MD; Bawdon, Roger E. PhD;

Albrecht, Jon T. RPh

"Abstract:
    OBJECTIVE: The purpose of this study was to determine the

stability of oxytocin in lactated Ringer's solution and lactated Ringer's-dextrose 5% solution over a 24-hour

period at 25[degrees]C and over a 7-day period at 5[degrees]C.
    STUDY DESIGN: Twenty units (2.1 [mu]g equal 1

unit) of oxytocin were injected into 1000 mL of lactated Ringer's solution and lactated Ringer's-dextrose 5%

solution. Samples for the analysis were drawn at specified times after storage at 5[degrees]C and 25[degrees]C.

These samples were stored at -70[degrees]C for later analysis. Statistical analysis was done with 1-way analysis of

variance and Tukey-Kramer multiple comparisons.
    RESULTS: Twenty units of oxytocin in 1000 mL of lactated

Ringer's solution and lactated Ringer's-dextrose 5% solution was found to be stable for 7 days at 5[degrees]C

and for 24 hours at 25[degrees]C
    ."
    m-jim, im not understanding this completely, but if this

product will dissipate and disapear on the time frame you mentioned and at the temperatures you state with the

study, then I find it will only last on the body for a very very short time, the human body is approximatly 37

degrees C constant, even on the skin. If this is true about this product then even if it were freezed, then applied

to the skin, it wouldnt last very long. 7 days? more like 7 minutes.

the link that Bruce provided shows a

very sleek website dedicated to this product, hope the product lives up to the testimonials on that site, I

personally will wait for more feedback from the forum....

Quote Originally Posted by bronzie
    m-jim, im not

understanding this completely, but if this product will dissipate and disapear on the time frame you mentioned and

at the temperatures you state with the study, then I find it will only last on the body for a very very short time,

the human body is approximatly 37 degrees C constant, even on the skin. If this is true about this product then even

if it were freezed, then applied to the skin, it wouldnt last very long. 7 days? more like 7 minutes...
    I

posted that abstract because I was wondering about the solution's stability in the bottle, and the time

between manufacture and use. Even if manufactured as advertised, would it still be anything useful by the time we

got it? That was what I was questioning, not the time after application. Their site claims a 2-4 hour life span.

I'm so used to Bruce having high quality products here, this is the first one I've ever questioned.
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

hmmmm 2-4 hrs? hmmmmmm

after reading all your guy's posts and my research, i think i will actually give this product a try.

well

first of all its only like 20 bucks. and with that short hr span for the effectiveness and considering what oxytocin

dose, i think thats all the time you need. all you have to do is when you think you need some or the time is right

just spray it and tada.... cause you don't really want that on you all the time, just like someone said, you migh

make some bad decision while on it, if you are affected by it all the time......

Phero Pro

Quote Originally Posted by slickracer
    hmmmm 2-4 hrs?

hmmmmmm

after reading all your guy's posts and my research, i think i will actually give this product a

try.

well first of all its only like 20 bucks. and with that short hr span for the effectiveness and

considering what oxytocin dose, i think thats all the time you need. all you have to do is when you think you need

some or the time is right just spray it and tada.... cause you don't really want that on you all the time, just

like someone said, you migh make some bad decision while on it, if you are affected by it all the

time......
    Its actually 29 bucks, but I see your point, it wont exactly break the bank and worth a

try.

However, what some of the forum members have been suggesting is not that its not a good product, it may

well be very good, we are just questioning the product on the grounds that it is not a pheromone, and some forum

members have posted legitimate studies with good intention, that question its life span and its stability, therefore

in essence questioning the product and its longevity on human skin.

Thread Information