Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Journeyman

Default Alpha Men: I love them!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I never

paid attention to whether a man was an Alpha or not until I started wearing mones. Now I know that Apha men are

knocked off their feet by them. Like they get hit in the head.

My definition of Alpha Men: guys that are

confident, have wives, have kids, are not afraid of saying the wrong thing, get dirty, have fun. These are the type

of men that if I get in an elevator wearing mones; just look like something slapped them. They stare at you and try

to figure out what it is about you that is drawing them out. Then even if you are not wearing mones at a later date,

they try to smell them again on you to get that same feeling. Kinda like a dog. Works for me.

Once I walked by

an Alpha Man that is married with kids. I only had the scent of mones left on my coat. When he passed me with his

own group of friends, he halted, thought to himself and then yelled down the hall at me, "What are you wearing?" I

was completely shell shocked.

There is something in Alpha Men that mones draw out mad dog symptoms.

I know

one young guy that sees me as a friend and older mentor. I met him for lunch and wore mones that day. When I sat

down at the table, he just looked confused for a minute and stopped talking. He looked at me and could not

understand what was going on in his brain. Once he composed himself we were able to have conversations, but he was

giving me the once over look when I got up for water.

I love Aplha Men because they are primal. Real men that

are not afraid to show their gut reactions. They know how to control themselves and how not to cross the line. Yet

they get light-headed at the smell of an Alpha Woman.

Hmm, I think an Alpha male is

more than "guys that are confident, have wives, have kids, are not afraid of saying the wrong thing, get dirty, have

fun." That's a description of a man! A true alpha male has to rise above other "mere" men as a leader.

Of

course, for humans, alpha male does not mean exactly the same thing as it does in a wolf pack, nor is it the same

thing as it was during prehistoric times. However, like a wold pack, a human alpha male is a leader, err, the top

dog. To be top dog requires an intelligent, confident, and successful male with unusually strong leadership

qualities. A promiscuous, chest beating moron is not an alpha male (that's a dickless loser). A badboy is not an

alpha male (the guy getting arrested on "Cops"). A punk in a nightclub bedding dumb bimbos is not an alpha male

(future AIDs patent and car saleman). A typical alpha male is a high ranking business executive or politician. Think

Steve Jobs or Bill Clinton.
    Last edited by Gegogi; 04-21-2006 at 04:45 PM.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Alpha Men have wives. And lots of

'em.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Journeyman

and tons o kids.

very

convincing men.

Women's Forum
    Dedicated to women and

their efforts to get optimal results with pheromones.

Quote Originally Posted by oscar
    Women's Forum
    Dedicated

to women and their efforts to get optimal results with pheromones.
    Thank You!!
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by oscar
    Women's Forum
    Dedicated

to women and their efforts to get optimal results with pheromones.
    So we should move this conversation

to Open Discussion?

Or may we resume talking about alpha males?
    Treasure Every Moment that you have
    Yesterday is History - Tomorrow is a Mystery
    Today is a Gift - That's why It's called the Present!
    (Unknown source)

There were some replies that were

inappropriate for this particular forum. Sadly, I have to admit I made one of them.
    Continue on!!
    --Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtieGirl
    So we

should move this conversation to Open Discussion?

Or may we resume talking about alpha males?

I'd like to know what you consider to be an alpha male. There have been a lot of men's opinions but what about

the ladies? Personally, I don't care if another man thinks I'm an alpha. The lady's opinions is what I am

interested in.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Alpha-male
    Think Al Pacino in

scarface.

Quote Originally Posted by seduceme
    Alpha-male
    Think Al Pacino in scarface.
    Sex change?
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

*snarls* Isnt bisexuality a

bitch?

allright i'll leave now

Journeyman

Alpha Males are the type of

guys that when you get close to them, they make a woman NERVOUS! Sometimes for what they might do to you. Sometimes

for what you will be driven to do to them.

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by sweet thing
    Alpha Males are

the type of guys that when you get close to them, they make a woman NERVOUS! Sometimes for what they might do to

you. Sometimes for what you will be driven to do to them.
    so which pheromone products did you use to get

the alpha male results Sweet Thing?

Phero Guru

Default none

"I never paid attention to

whether a man was an Alpha or not until I started wearing mones. Now I know that Apha men are knocked off their feet

by them. Like they get hit in the head."

I'm totally confused by your statement. How do you know they are

Alpha men? I ask as over the past 7 years of wearing mones that every woman that has reacted favorably to my

wearing them, I've really no idea for the most part of what kind of person they are in leadership roles.
    There is a cure for electile dysfuntion!!!!

Phero Pro

Alpha men? I still dont

understand that term, and to be quite honest , I believe it should be reserved for the animal kingdom or for

Gorillas.

Fact is, the term Alpha male in humans is up to interpretation, for some it means a player that

gets to have sex by manipulative means with alot of women, for some, it means a decent honest man that is a hard

worker and a family man.

The term is a novelty term used by people that want to project a sense of power into

themselves and its used alot of narsisists or people with low self esteem. Ask an academic or anthropologist or

pysiciatrist, about alpha males and they will laugh in your face and tell you to visit a zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by bronzie
    The term is a

novelty term used by people that want to project a sense of power into themselves and its used alot of narsisists or

people with low self esteem. Ask an academic or anthropologist or pysiciatrist, about alpha males and they will

laugh in your face and tell you to visit a zoo.
    Interesting! I recall both my cultural anthropology prof

and psyc prof using the term. Perhaps they were a bit behind the times? UC Berkeley can be that way sometimes. You

know how those backwater schools can be.

I may be mistaken but I seem to recall DrSmellThis using the

term as well. He has a Ph.D in psychology. Perhaps he would chime in here?

Thomas Jefferson

Since the concept of Alpha-ness

is a psychological term I think a psychologist would be the appropriate resource. The terminology is used in modern

psychology and is used in anthropology.

Holding two science degrees myself and having grown up around

physicists I am unimpressed by people who claim expertise outside their fields. I am always happy to difer to the

professional within their field. I won't argue rock or law with you either because it isn't my training. You may

notice I rarely presume to give advice on pheromones other than recomending a reasonable method of testing them or

clearly stipulating that this applies to me only. The same even applies to fields I am considered an expert in, it

helps me keep my big foot out of my big mouth.

Thomas Jefferson

What you think is irrelevent.

Anybody can make a similar argument about their specialty and it will have as much or as little merit. As I said, I

will happily differ to a person educated in the field of psychology, even sociology. I have taken enough classes in

those realms to realize how little I know about them.

Thomas Jefferson

Livin' the life of Riley

I never paid

attention to whether a man was an Alpha or not until I started wearing mones. Now I know that Apha men are knocked

off their feet by them. Like they get hit in the head.

My definition of Alpha Men: guys that are confident,

have wives, have kids, are not afraid of saying the wrong thing, get dirty, have fun. These are the type of men that

if I get in an elevator wearing mones; just look like something slapped them. They stare at you and try to figure

out what it is about you that is drawing them out. Then even if you are not wearing mones at a later date, they try

to smell them again on you to get that same feeling. Kinda like a dog. Works for me.

I

can see what you are saying, but my take on it is a bit more like this... all men are probably affected by your

'mones, but the alpha man, the more confident one, will actually let his reaction show. He won't be intimidated

by your perceived sexiness and be afraid of making a fool of himself or think you are out of his league and

therefore not worth the risk of embarassment.

The alpha male is the one who is not afraid to go talk to that

attractive woman he sees. He's not the guy sitting in the corner sipping his drink quietly by

himself.

You guys can debate the definition of alpha male all day long as it applies to people, but to me

the human alpha male is summed up in one word: Confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley
    I
    You guys can

debate the definition of alpha male all day long as it applies to people, but to me the human alpha male is summed

up in one word: Confidence.
    You're probably right.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

I love this forum. Smart men

that smell great.

Sweet Thing

Tori

So, Sweet Thing, you never did

answer...what 'mones were you wearing that made all the males within nose shot look like they'd been slapped?? Do

tell! Us newbies need all the guidance we can get!

Phero Pro

I never

paid attention to whether a man was an Alpha or not until I started wearing mones. Now I know that Apha men are

knocked off their feet by them. Like they get hit in the head.

My definition of Alpha Men: guys that are

confident, have wives, have kids, are not afraid of saying the wrong thing, get dirty, have fun. These are the type

of men that if I get in an elevator wearing mones; just look like something slapped them. They stare at you and try

to figure out what it is about you that is drawing them out. Then even if you are not wearing mones at a later date,

they try to smell them again on you to get that same feeling. Kinda like a dog. Works for me.

Once I walked by

an Alpha Man that is married with kids. I only had the scent of mones left on my coat. When he passed me with his

own group of friends, he halted, thought to himself and then yelled down the hall at me, "What are you wearing?" I

was completely shell shocked.

There is something in Alpha Men that mones draw out mad dog symptoms.

I know

one young guy that sees me as a friend and older mentor. I met him for lunch and wore mones that day. When I sat

down at the table, he just looked confused for a minute and stopped talking. He looked at me and could not

understand what was going on in his brain. Once he composed himself we were able to have conversations, but he was

giving me the once over look when I got up for water.

I love Aplha Men because they are primal. Real men that

are not afraid to show their gut reactions. They know how to control themselves and how not to cross the line. Yet

they get light-headed at the smell of an Alpha Woman.
    I find it difficult to agree with what you've

just posted.

First of all, the definition of "alpha" cannot be applied to men in its full power, if you know

what I mean. Intelectual / psychological features must be included when trying to define an "alpha men", which is

obviously different from what happens in the rest of the animal kingdom.

Your definition of an alpha man (guys

that are confident, have wives, have kids, are not afraid of saying the wrong thing, get dirty, have fun) doesn't

make much sense, in my humble opinion.

Beta guys are the ones associated with the word "family". They're the

ones chosen to raise someone's child. Alpha males are more concerned about "spreading their genes" than raising the

result of the "spread".

I agree an alpha guy is more likely to be confident than a beta, but that's the only

feature you mentioned that I agree with.

Alpha guys are guys who have fun? What, a beta guy doesn't know how to

have fun?

Alpha guys DO cross the line, that's something that makes them different from the so called

beta guys.

Sorry about my English (not my native language). And by the way, if any of my words sound like

I'm confronting you, let me tell you I am not. I just had some difficulties finding the right words, so sorry if

it's a bit confuse.

Phero Dude

well, I don't have a degree but

I'm happy that sweet thing has got it goin' on for her.
    Alpha, beta , I'm not sure and think it depends on your

perception. I know guys that act like an alpha but usually end up putting there foot in it and pissing everyone off

at times with their "knowledge" and self confidence.

<I love Aplha Men because they are primal. Real men that

they get light-headed at the smell of an Alpha Woman>

Thats the hard part for a lot of so called alphas, they

just don't know when to stop...
    Anyway, just my take on it all.
    early 40's white male or or

Sweet Thing, good perception, very

close.

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

Default I was just wondering and then aaarrrr hmmmm ?

I never paid attention to whether a man was an Alpha or not until I started

wearing mones. Now I know that Apha men are knocked off their feet by them. Like they get hit in the head.

My

definition of Alpha Men: guys that are confident, have wives, have kids, are not afraid of saying the wrong thing,

get dirty, have fun. These are the type of men that if I get in an elevator wearing mones; just look like something

slapped them. They stare at you and try to figure out what it is about you that is drawing them out. Then even if

you are not wearing mones at a later date, they try to smell them again on you to get that same feeling. Kinda like

a dog. Works for me.

Once I walked by an Alpha Man that is married with kids. I only had the scent of mones

left on my coat. When he passed me with his own group of friends, he halted, thought to himself and then yelled down

the hall at me, "What are you wearing?" I was completely shell shocked.

There is something in Alpha Men that

mones draw out mad dog symptoms.

I know one young guy that sees me as a friend and older mentor. I met him for

lunch and wore mones that day. When I sat down at the table, he just looked confused for a minute and stopped

talking. He looked at me and could not understand what was going on in his brain. Once he composed himself we were

able to have conversations, but he was giving me the once over look when I got up for water.

I love Aplha Men

because they are primal. Real men that are not afraid to show their gut reactions. They know how to control

themselves and how not to cross the line. Yet they get light-headed at the smell of an Alpha Woman.
    Sutch

an interesting write, hmmm very nice, I wonder what womans ph would be good for my true and loving hindi indian wife

to wear, maby something to gain respect while out at business, and possably also to tickle my fancy at home, one

standalone product would be good if there are any opinions around out there in space, please. terry

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default Not really a proper scientific construct, but a phenomenon nonetheless

Interesting thread, people.

In psychology, the closest thing to

alpha male comes from humanistic psychology, such as with "self actualized" people.

In Greek philosophy, the

equivalent would probably be someone who fills their purpose, lives well, does well, and fares well.

In

Anthropology or sociology, the alpha equivalent would be the factual leader of the pack, so to speak.

Biology

and related sciences would be similar. You could define it as the best fighter, or the one that gets the most women.

All these are legitimate angles. Since all the discplines have their differing versions, you have to get

philosophical to attempt to resolve them.

For me it's a legitimate label in that in every situation, there are

opportunities for a person, in this case a man, to give, lead, nurture, protect, teach, or what have you.

Archetypically, the roles of men as stewards of the earth, including fathers and protectors; nurturers and

supporters; cannot be imagined out of the equation. They are irreduceable, essential aspects of all the definitions,

of men in particular. So an alpha man would have to include superlative versions of these.

So in every

situation, group, and occasion, there could be a different alpha male. Something like this actually happens, in

other words.

So perhaps "stewardship of a situation" could describe the phenomenon.

When you fulfill your

purpose, know your central self, and give it to the rest of the world, you find that activated, plugged in place

that makes you a potential alpha male in some groups, situations, or times.

Jesus was an alpha male, I think;

not to get religious. His stewardship was pervasive, deep and all-encompassing.

I like the original post in that

a common archetype for men is someone married, with a family, who feels comfy with who they are. That might be a

"common alpha" in many situations.

What isn't alpha?

"Confidence" to me is a bit narrow of a trait to take

you all the way to something like "alpha", which is a superlative term.

"Alpha" seems to be more and different

than "attractive". But maybe people here need to define it that way, for practical purposes. That would be OK if

made clear. We might find it pragmatice to define it as the dude who gets any woman he wants, for example. But I'd

hate to submit that idea to the whims of women's attraction, having seen some of the men some women find

attractive.

It is possible to be in a formal position of power or leadership and not be at all alpha, IMO. You

could be dragging down the whole human race and planet, be a narcissistic "cancer of nature", and be a so-called

"leader".

Any alpha definition that implies being "better" than other men immediately has problems. A lot of

confusing baggage comes with that way of looking at it. Looking at it as situational and relative avoids that

problem.

It also seems possible to be an "alpha" in some situations, and have women, children, or other men not

recognize it all that well. There would have to be a reality about it that ran deeper than others' perceptions.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

to me the alpha male is the guy

that other guys won't f*ck with - the one that dominates the men around him, not overtly but just by his presence.

I know one of those and i swear i see the mental gyrations other guys go through - they see him, they size him up,

they know not to test him, they either kiss up or avoid him. just like the alpha in a pack of dogs.

and i don't

find my friend the least bit intimidating - but i do feel he is my protector.

he also happens to be built like a

brick s__house - but i know other guys just as big, who i wouldn't consider alphas. i'd punk them - but i

wouldn't punk my friend - that's not what he evokes in me. incidentally - he's gay as a parade.

Perhaps one of my favorite

descriptions of an (alpha) male comes from a science fiction book called "Time Enough for Love" about a 2000 year

old man.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a

ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders,

give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a

tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    --Lazarus Long

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information