Close

Default Androsterone and reduced anxiety

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Kaminski

RM, Marini H, Won-Joo K, and Rogawski MA (2005) Anticonvulsant activity of androsterone and etiocholanolone.

Epilepsia 46:819–827.

"Androstanediol is a positive modulator of
    GABAA receptors (Frye et al., 1996) with

potent anxiolytic
    and anticonvulsant activity (Frye and Reed, 1998; Reddy,
    2004a,b); recently, we confirmed

that androsterone has similar
    systemic activities (Kaminski et al., 2005)."

An anxiolytic is any drug or

therapy used in the treatment of anxiety disorders. I am following up on this recent report to determine whether

GABA interaction might be the means by which androsterone (as used in SoE for men) might indicate reduced anxiety in

the wearer as well as reduce anxiety in people (especially women) who are exposed to it.

It's somewhat

satisfying to see the Forum members indicate this effect, but more satisfying to find scientific support for the

effect.

JVK

Phero Pharaoh

Reducing a woman's inherent

anxiety when meeting a new man helps her feel safe more quickly, and it's important for her to feel safe in the

man's presence in order to feel (or strengthen) attraction toward him.

That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly1
    Reducing a

woman's inherent anxiety when meeting a new man helps her feel safe more quickly, and it's important for her to

feel safe in the man's presence in order to feel (or strengthen) attraction toward him.

That makes

sense.
    Agreed. I think this is what's happening when we read Forum reports that women seem to feel

more relaxed or are more talkative with exposure to products containing

androsterone.

JVK

Phero Pro

jvkohl, I wanted to nail the

biggest exibitionist high nose narcistic female, I and most men would rate her a 9 or 10 in the looks department. I

have known this girl for years through some friends, but I never nailed her, but I have tried, but one night last

year when out, I wore your product and lots of it, SOE with Alter Ego, she was hugging me all night, alas I still

didnt nail her, more to do with my shock at her action and my lack of action. My long time ambition yet not

fullfilled.

Since both products do contain androsterone, I think what you are suggesting might have some

bearing, at least in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bronzie
    Since both

products do contain androsterone, I think what you are suggesting might have some bearing, at least in my

experience.
    I experimented with androsterone for at least 2 years before my decision to use it in

SoE/men. Had I not been single at the time, my experiments most likely would have caused a divorce. Also of interest

may be the fact that when I first attempted to get androsterone from Sigma Chemical Company, I was told that it was

a controlled substance (anabolic steroid). Only by going up their chain of command was I able to legally acquire it,

and one of their key people finally informed others that it was not a controlled

substance.

JVK

Phero Pharaoh

Okay, so let's say that

Androstenone (NONE, not RONE) is an aggressive pheromone that is produced from physical exertion. A man who is all

stinky and sweaty may have just been out killing something big and mean.

It could send the "I'm very dangerous"

signal to animals and other people. Other men will respect him, women will fear his power but perhaps be fascinated

with his strength, and animals will either avoid the deadly hunter or supplicate him.

I've had dogs and cats

act very, very submissive when I was wearing strong applications of Androstenone.

So the girls are reacting to

Androstenone because we project strength and power. They get a "scary thrill" from our proximity, but we're seeing

good results from the mixes because we need the other pheromones to show that we are safe and non-threatening in our

aggressive power states.

Does that make sense?

ON EDIT: I know I am mixing up my Androstenone and

Androsterone posts, but I am wiggling toward a Unified Pheromone Theory.

Phero Pro

jvkohl, thanks to your product

and your persistance in developing it as it has given me one of my most memorable hits. And other hits which I dont

care to mention or go into detail for various reasons.

As for going up the chain of command to find out the

truth about something including what you said, thats usually the case in every area of life sad to say, a person

that can do that should be commended, its a good trait and a virtue, almost journalistic in nature.

I will be

purchasing your product again as my bottle has run out.

P.S I wish it had the effects of an anabolic steroid!

without the side effects of a bodybuilders steroid, I train with weights (gym) and have been looking far and wide

for something that will increase my muscle size without the side effects, tried everything, protien powder,

creatine, I just dont want to take the next step in using a Anabolic bodybuilders Steroid because of the side

effects, as I know your a biology expert and from past postings, I mean way past (a few years ago) you are or were

also a bodybuilder. Wonder if you could give me some advice. Too many bodybuilder forums out there are congested

with meat-head bodybuilders that take steroids but dont consider the side effects and are not of help in providing

good information. I want to make a valued judgement on the whole Issue, last thing I want is for my liver to give

way when im 50 years old.

I just dont want

to take the next step in using a Anabolic bodybuilders Steroid because of the side effects, as I know your a biology

expert and from past postings, I mean way past (a few years ago) you are or were also a bodybuilder. Wonder if you

could give me some advice. Too many bodybuilder forums out there are congested with meat-head bodybuilders that take

steroids but dont consider the side effects and are not of help in providing good information. I want to make a

valued judgement on the whole Issue, last thing I want is for my liver to give way when im 50 years

old.
    Put a dab of SoE/women under your nose when you begin your workout -- or even afterwards.

Reportedly, the copulin formula used in this product increased testosterone levels in males who were exposed to it

by 150%. This has been discussed on the Forum.

JVK

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by jvkohl
    Put a dab of

SoE/women under your nose when you begin your workout -- or even afterwards. Reportedly, the copulin formula used in

this product increased testosterone levels in males who were exposed to it by 150%. This has been discussed on the

Forum.

JVK
    Whoa 150%? I knew copulins were

capable of increasing a mans t-levels, and even made a thread on working out using copulins...but I never expected

such a signficant jump in t-levels. I'll have to try that out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma
    Whoa 150%? I knew

copulins were capable of increasing a mans t-levels, and even made a thread on working out using copulins...but I

never expected such a signficant jump in t-levels. I'll have to try that out!
    Another partial

abstract from the conference next week attests to the likely benefit of adding a pleasant fragrance to the copulin

formula used in SoE/women. I'm surprised at how few Forum members are aware of research in this

area.

EFFECTS OF PLEASANT AND UNPLEASANT ODORS ON EXERCISE PERFORMANCE Timothy A.A., Hornung D.E.
    "As

expected, exposure to lavender improved exercise performance compared to the performance seen with the water

control.... The increase in performance seen with lavender was accompanied by a decreased heart rate for at least

part of the exercise period..."

JVK

Phero Pro

jvkohl, thats an amazing idea,

that never ever crossed my mind, yes I have read about copulins and how they will increase testosterone levels by

the margin you mentioned, I will try that for sure! but Lavender? I have a whole aromatherapy set, in fact I burn

oils, the real oils just to relax and chill out before sleep, and they do work, but I never thought of using them in

other ways? Putting Lavender under my nose and going to the gym? I might attract the wrong kind of attention...like

having a big muscle bound gay bodybuilder give me a rose? scary thought...

I wonder what power-lifters put

under thier nose just before a lift? You see them doing that at the Olympics, could it be some testosterone

enhancing chemical, but that would be a banned practice I presume at an event like the Olympics? I have always

wondered about that, I always thought it was some kind of nasal decongestant, but I may be wrong.

I wonder what

power-lifters put under thier nose just before a lift? You see them doing that at the Olympics, could it be some

testosterone enhancing chemical, but that would be a banned practice I presume at an event like the Olympics? I have

always wondered about that, I always thought it was some kind of nasal decongestant, but I may be

wrong.
    Peppermint has performance-enhancing capabilities, also --at least according to one study.

JVK

Journeyman

JV – Okay, this

hits too close to my situation to stay out of the discussion. However, there are so many confounded variables as to

make proper attribution of causes near impossible.

Years ago (25+) I was

into bodybuilding, and though I lost most of it by becoming an office worker, never quite lost it

all.

I’ve been taking GHR-15 along w/ a B-50 tablet for several years with

very beneficial results despite “expert” nay-sayers. Go do any web search on it to come up with any number of

claims, enough of which seemed to be working for me to continue purchasing it. It even seemed to be helping me gain

a little muscle mass back when I started lifting fairly regular over a year back.

A little after A314 came out, I finally settled on an “office mix” applied about 07:00 each day

of 1 to 2 drops A314, 1 to 2 dabs of APC, and 4 to 10” of SoE (varied according to what I think I need to project

that day). It is now even my standard out of the office.

After wearing

this mix regularly, I started seeing more muscle growth, and a greater sense of general vitality, but was

attributing it to the GHR-15, though why should that start working better after I had already been using it for

awhile?

Having read your book, The Scent of Eros, I was remembering

how pheromones play an essential role in pubescent development, and was wondering if they were having an additional

effect on me at the gym.

At this point let me comment that I am lifting

among the heaviest weights of anyone lifting at that gym. One man that has been lifting consistently for years can

out lift me in a couple exercises, and one young buck that is half again my size, and also an accomplished lifter

does also, but in numerous exercises I am out lifting both of them, and am catching up quick on the others. I was

attributing this to my former weight training (some say “muscles have memories”), and just plain guts, and will

power.

At the end of January I got the flu that seemed to sweep the

country, and didn’t exercise at all. I had been running 5+ days/ week, and lifting 3 days. I started back with the

lifting first, and noticed so much good feeling, and apparent gain that I was thinking perhaps I had been running

off part of the muscles that I had been lifting on. I’ve decided to forego the running for about six months to see

what happens.

Well it’s happening. I’m gaining so much, so fast that

others are taking notice. An office mate was thinking I’d gained about 15 pounds because my shirts are stretching

tight in the shoulders. He is a lifter also. I haven’t gained that much, but there is a noticeable shift in what is

muscle, and what was fat.

A couple weeks back, having run out of GHR-15, I

switched to the “new improved” third iteration called GH Renew-U Gold, and have been very pleased with an additional

feeling of being pumped longer after working out, and seeing even faster growth.

Even a really fit, shapely, young (9+) blonde exercise instructor over at teh gym is taking

notice. For which in the last week I’ve gone to wearing plenty of SoE, and a spray of Impi before going over to work

out. The additional mones are affecting her, and everyone else. There is an “air” of friendliness, and chattiness.

I’ve first been rolling the SoE around my mouth a couple times, and spraying the Impi over the top onto my nose, and

mouth to get the mones airborne from heavy breathing. I seemed to get a boost lifting from the Impi &

SoE.

Now between various formulations of GHR, not running, scented SoE,

A314, APC, and now Impi (old bottle version #1), who can say which is causing what? However, you can bet I’m going

to keep it up.

I just checked a pheromone specs list, and came up with

.400 mg/ml Nol + .100mg/ml Rone in SoE for Men, and .500 mg/ml Nol + .100 mg/ml Rone in SoE for women. This can’t be

right, as SoE for women has a total concentration of .500 mg/ml. Do you care to comment on, or correct

this?

The Love-Scent Phero Library Guide has no listing for

SoE/w.

The L-S product table is confusing for SoE/w.

The L-S store says SoE for women has a “light floral scent” – Lavendar

perhaps?

What is in SoE for women that

might add yet more to lifting?

Quote Originally Posted by Shenandoah
    I just

checked a pheromone specs list, and came up with .400 mg/ml Nol + .100mg/ml Rone in SoE for Men, and .500 mg/ml Nol

+ .100 mg/ml Rone in SoE for women. This can’t be right, as SoE for women has a total concentration of .500 mg/ml.

Do you care to comment on, or correct this?
    Only that I don't know where the information came from

regarding SoE/women

Quote Originally Posted by Shenandoah
    What is in SoE for women that might add yet more to

lifting?
    It is the copulin formula tested by Astrid Jutte, with a bit of androstenol to help ensure a

positive unconscious affect on the women who wear it. However, the fragrace added by the perfumer attests to his

phenomenal expertise. Simply put, product development is not that simple. The process took several

years.

JVK

Default Androsterone: proposed mechanism of action

Androstenol exposure elicits a luteinizing hormone (LH) response in women. Including androstenol and androsterone

in the SoE/men formula allows for the likelihood of LH conditioning to androsterone, and downstream effects on

estrogen and testosterone levels in women. The following exerpts support this explanation, and helps to explain why

women (and men) develop odor preferences that correlate in some cases with sexual

preferences.

---------------------------
    Graham and Desjardins (1980) reported a conditioned increase in

serum testosterone and luteinizing hormone in male rats following access to a wintergreen odor previously paired

with copulation to ejaculation. Males in an unpaired control group did not show any increase in hormone levels

following exposure to the odor. However, males in both groups exposed to estrous vaginal secretions showed identical

increases in these hormones, which suggests that unconditioned hormone release is mimicked reliably following

pairing of odor with sexual reward.

In summary, female rats can learn to associate a neutral odor
    with

sexual reward. An odor paired with the ability of females to
    pace copulation becomes a sexual incentive, such

that males bearing the odor are preferred when females are given a choice between scented and unscented males. Thus,

just like male rats,
    female rats can learn to modify their sexual behavior and partner
    preferences on the

basis of experience with sexual reward. This
    confirms that early sexual experiences have particularly

powerful
    influences on subsequent sexual preferences and that the development of sexual preferences is influenced

by interactions between conditioned stimulus– unconditioned stimulus pairings and motivational

variables.
    -------------------------------------
    Reference:Coria-Avila GA, Ouimet AJ, Pacheco P, Manzo J,

Pfaus JG. Olfactory conditioned partner preference in the female rat.
    Behav Neurosci. 2005 Jun;119(3):716-25.

Default and copulins effects?

sorry to

change the pheromone but want does copulins exposure elicit on women and what does it lead to in terms of

hormones?

Quote Originally Posted by cvrw6
    sorry to change the

pheromone but want does copulins exposure elicit on women and what does it lead to in terms of

hormones?
    No scientific studies show effects of copulins on women,

yet.

JVK

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly1
    Okay, so let's say

that Androstenone (NONE, not RONE) is an aggressive pheromone that is produced from physical exertion. A man who is

all stinky and sweaty may have just been out killing something big and mean.

It could send the "I'm very

dangerous" signal to animals and other people. Other men will respect him, women will fear his power but perhaps be

fascinated with his strength, and animals will either avoid the deadly hunter or supplicate him.

I've had

dogs and cats act very, very submissive when I was wearing strong applications of Androstenone.

So the girls

are reacting to Androstenone because we project strength and power. They get a "scary thrill" from our proximity,

but we're seeing good results from the mixes because we need the other pheromones to show that we are safe and

non-threatening in our aggressive power states.

Does that make sense?

ON EDIT: I know I am mixing up

my Androstenone and Androsterone posts, but I am wiggling toward a Unified Pheromone Theory.
    That's

definitely correct, in my opinion. Well done!
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

Here's an anecdote. I'm a music

professor and, besides teaching, I perform regularly in everything from small rooms to large theaters. Like most

performers I suffer from stage anxiety. I've learned to live with it and contain it, but not eliminate it. I can

play extremely well while high on adrenaline but don't enjoy the shits and gut twisting it imparts. Once I start

playing, I usually forget about it and get lost in the music. However the anxiety makes for an unpleasant time

beforehand.

I wear 'mones nearly everyday but not normally at performances. Yesterday--my guts twisted in

knots and my heat beating like a drum--I soaked myself in SOE, 4 drops of 'rone and a dab of TE. Within 10 or 15

minutes I had become exceedingly calm. A couple hours later I performed in a 600 hundred seat theater, ripped like a

raped ape and was calm as a cucumber.

So, looks like my supply of SOE and 'rone will be a tax write-off next

year...
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Thread Information