Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Does regularly eating fast food cause you to smell unattractive?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I\'ve heard that the food you eat has an effect on your scent (and the smell of your sweat). I eat fast food every night of the week (and if I occasionally eat two meals...then they\'re both fast food, such as Pizza for lunch then McDonald\'s for dinner). Surprisingly, I\'m quite thin, and in good health, and I also work out heavily about 1 time per week. Anywayz...is it possible that I may smell unattractive because of what I eat?...could my eating habits affect my natural pheromone production? Btw, no one ever tells me I smell bad, except for a child every now and then who says I \"stink.\" (though it could also be cause I\'m sweaty at the time). PS: no need to scold me about proper eating habits...I already know, hehe [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    ~~Karatekid

Phero Dude

Default Re: Does regularly eating fast food cause you to smell unattractive?

Yes, it\'s fairly evident from my own observations that what you eat will affect the way you smell. Perhaps not your pheros, but your overall scent is very strongly affected by what you eat. If I eat something with a lot of onions, I can literally smell it coming off of me hours afterwards. I\'ve observed similar effects after indian, mexican, or chinese meals as well.

If you\'re only eating one meal a day & it\'s fast food, I\'m sure that\'s adversely affecting your natural pheromone production.

Also, health is generally attractive. I\'m sure your energy lvls, mood, and most everything else arn\'t what they\'d be if you ate a healthy diet.

Edit to say that I didn\'t answer the smell question b/c I though camus answered better than I could have.

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: Tantalus747 ]

Karatekid,
    Much as I would like to give you another reason to stay healthy, I\'ve never noticed a bad smell from junk food junkies. (As long as it doesn\'t give you gas.) [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

I can smell it on me almost immediately. But I tend to eat a pretty healthy diet, so fast food is the exception.

I definitely think animal meat/fat product consumption makes you smell worse (FYI, I love a good hunk of charred dead cow, so I\'m not a zealot here.)

Without getting graphic, I can say that vegetarians definitely smell (and taste)better than non-vegetarians.

This is a bit tangential but...

During the Vietnam War, it was common knowledge (?) that when a GI bought it, his corpse could take days to start to rot in the tropical heat while a dead VC would start to decompose immediately.

This difference was blamed on the diet - all the preservatives in the American diet stayed in the body and preserved it while the VC lived off home-grown rice.

Frankly, how quickly I\'ll rot after I\'m dead is not a motivation in and of itself on how I arrange my diet but it might tell you something.

And... I always thought it was a good story.

Thread Information