Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Unscented PI smells!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hmm, finally got my first order last Friday. I ordered unscented PI.

The thing is, the stuff smells when I put it on. I don\'t know if it\'s me (from what I read, some ppl are more aware of the smell), but it smells almost like cat piss (as opposed to BO).

Tried 3 things...:

1st day, 1 drop, spread behind both ears (as everyone\'s been saying) + rubbing extra left over on wrists. My cologne is Dolce&Gabbana (put on even a bit more than usual). Didn\'t take long for me to get \"whiffs\" of that \"cat piss\" smell throughout the whole day.

2nd day, I figured I\'d try mixing the stuff directly with the D&G - BIG mistake. Mixed fine, but that seems to make it worse...

Then today, I just used \"dabs\" of it (1 behind each ear) + cologne as usual...and it still bothered me...even over 6 hrs after putting it on, once the D&G smells had run it course, I would still get whiffs of it.

Now, I know (I HOPE!) not everybody can smell that...but the whole thing almost made me uncomfortable. It\'s hard to get close to someone when you can smell whiffs of cat piss on you!

I wondering if I shouldn\'t have ordered the scented version? Should I (can I?) switch?

Is the scented version (ylang/ylang) actually much different smell wise, or is it just plain PI + some scent that when it\'s gone, the original (bleah) scent stays?

Or should I go with something else? I liked the idea of the unscented version as I like the D&G (and ladies like it too)...

Any ideas?

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Stranger ]

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Unscented PI smells!

Hello and welcome Stanger,

Yes, you are right some people can detect the phero smell easier than others. I to have unscented PI and find that it has a smell like cat piss. I myself can put on two dabs and not really smell it. But, one day in the office I was doing some work with a young girl in the office ( probably 20 to 22 ) And she mentioned that something smelled like cat piss. I knew right away that she was smelling my PI. Now I only used two small dabs on my neck and covered it up with Christian Dior Higher ( very good colonge, the girls love the smell of it ). But, none of the older women in the office could sense the pheros and would even smell my neck and say how good my colonge smells. My thinking is, that young girls are very sensetive to the high concentration of None that is in PI.

I have been using PI alone and havent had any good results with it. I have also used it with AE and still didnt see any decent results. I have had some results when using AE by itself though.

The Milk Man [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

The scented version smells like the unscented after about an hour.

**DONOTDELETE**

So...what would you suggest?

First of call...can we return/exchange the stuff?

Is there anything that would be a better (whatever THAT means) product for a 33 y/o?

Stranger,
    I have used both PI and scented PI. I have had better results with the scented, but I am not fond of the Ylang smell. However, I get good results lightly covering the PI/Ylang with a small amount of APC. APC seems to cover any smell and smells good itself. I don\'t totally cover the Ylang, but the combo makes a much better fragrance and you don\'t smell the PI later in the day.

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: Jaggy ]

I\'ve had some luck using Yakshi\'s Ylang Ylang fragrance with both scented and unscented PI. It\'s about $5 in health food stores and smells fresher than the Ylang Ylang in scented PI.

In the final analysis, I\'ve never had any luck wearing pheros that didn\'t have some kind of funk to them. (Which is not to say they don\'t work great. I had some wild times wearing PI to dance clubs.)That\'s why I\'m curious about SOE.

Still haven\'t tried it though. So far the freshest smelling combo I\'ve had lots of hits with is two dabs of APC to the neck (where you hope girls will get close) and one dab AE to the wrists (where a mild muskiness will hardly be noticed).

Thread Information