Close

Hybrid View

Journeyman

Default SOE + Edge Report.....possible hit?

Yesterday I used a normal amount of SOE. I was worried about the leftover residue and conversions

effects today, inspite of scrubbing in the shower. But I decided to go ahead and continue using pheromones today as

well. I tried telling myself that yesterday's SOE wore off completely, and that there was no -none or -nol still

floating around in my system today. Even though I could still smell the SOE

Today I decided to get wild

and experiment a LITTLE, at the same time scared to death of trying something other than SOE. It was my meeting day

with some people I like, and I worried about funky smells.

So today's mix was as follows: 1/2 SOE gel + 3 drops

Edge GEL + 3 drops lavender -nol. Don't know if it's OD levels or not, but guessing not. I'm terrified of funky

Edge, which is why I used the outragous amount of gel, lol.

Report-wise it was pretty interesting. Nothing out

of the ordinary, but now that I'm attuned to the subtlety of pheros, little things seem to take on more importance.

Or it could be possible it's all in my head

While SOE alone gives a pretty friendly and easy vibe,

today's mix seemed a little different.

I applied the mones at 8:00am, and the meeting was around 9:30am. While

everyone at the meeting was still friendly, this time there was a little more serious edge. I don't know if respect

is an apt term, but it was more like earnestness. When I spoke, people were really listening and processing what I

was saying. It was like watching them compute my words in their brain. So repect isn't the right term, but more

like attention and focus? Not just on me but also the tasks.

I mentioned in an old post that this guy I like

doesn't give me much eye contact. While I wasn't the center of his universe at the meeting, I got more direct

contact than usual. In fact, I was a little surprised since he looked straight at me when I spoke. Not much, just

couple of minutes, but for him that's a lot. He usually looks at something else. Definitely progress I think Or

maybe I'm making too much of nothing? It wasn't anything sexual, but it's like finally being recognized as a

fellow human being.

But this wasn't the most interesting part. About 2-3 hours after that, half of that meeting

team consisting of one guy (not the one I like) and four ladies decided to go over some reports in a conference

room. We got a little more relaxed and comfortable. As time progressed, the guy started teasing me!!! Nothing big,

just cheeky small stuff. Maybe it was the pheros, or maybe I was little more friendly and humorous myself, but it's

a first for me. He didn't seem to do that to others though he was equally comfortable and easy with them. It

wasn't major enough to raise eyebrows, but now and then he'd do something small like challenge my speed against

his. Towards the end one lady did give me a slightly funny look, but could it be since I was obviously enjoying

myself too much? We finally ended the session without anything else happening. I was excited as this is exactly what

I wanted from pheros....a little friendliness from the guys.

I was skeptical about pheros, but this gives me

hope. I'm still not totally sold yet, but I'm guessing I will be soon. Would this be considered an hit, or am I

making a big deal of nothing?

My only problem is I'm confused about the mix and I have no idea what worked. What

was it that made the difference? none from yesterday's SOE conversion, or did those 3 drops of Edge gel actually

make a difference? I'm trying to understand what played a different role than just plain SOE. I'm guessing the

lavender isn't a factor since it's the same -nol as SOE?

On another note, about 10 hours after I'm noticing a

strange smell. It's not an obvious stink, but occasional wafts of skunky/vinegary oddness. What could it be?? I am

shocked to think it could be the Edge. Surely not from 3 drops of gel? I'd die if I ever applied full strength

Edge.

It sounds like a good start. I

don't think that you still had any residual SoE from the previous day but its hard to be certain. My own testing

assumes a small build up over time so I try to adjust for it.

There several two schools of thought about

testing. I prefer the idea of testing with a single product in slowly increasing doses until you have both a minimum

and maximum dose. After cycling through a number of products and comparing contents you'll have a good idea what

works for you and you can start mixing. Others prefer to start out mixing right away bit it would confuse me. I'd

never know whcih product did what.

It could be that pheromones are al a placebo despite research that seems to

indicate otherwise. Does it really matter so long as it works for you?
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

Well, I am accounting for

placebo effect, which is why I'm not totally sold yet.

As for it working, yes, I'm definitely happy to be

getting somewhere and I suppose it doesn't matter what the contents are. But being the analytical person I am, it

would help to know which elements work and how they work together. I'm finding the sum doesn't equal the

individual parts, and knowing why could help determine what to wear.

I like your idea about individual testing

cycles, but if only I had the patience for that!

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    It sounds like a

good start. I don't think that you still had any residual SoE from the previous day but its hard to be certain. My

own testing assumes a small build up over time so I try to adjust for it.

There several two schools of thought

about testing. I prefer the idea of testing with a single product in slowly increasing doses until you have

both a minimum and maximum dose. After cycling through a number of products and comparing contents you'll have a

good idea what works for you and you can start mixing
    . Others prefer to start out mixing right away bit it

would confuse me. I'd never know whcih product did what.

It could be that pheromones are al a placebo despite

research that seems to indicate otherwise. Does it really matter so long as it works for you?
    I like

your method
    its better to fart & stink a little than to bust your ass & become a cripple

That's a good attitude,

scepticism is a healthy trait and will help you in everything. Give it a few weeks and you'll settle down, then you

can get down to some serious methodology and really figure things out.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

Default Sorry, Mistake

I did not

notice this was the womens forum I will take myself out of here, I don't know how this happened

I have not tried

SOE by iself ye so I have no idea what to expect from it. But when I wear a bunch of it, like 20 inches really wet

ones I have gotten entire classes to go out of control wih just some jiving.
    Last edited by Lorenzo_91; 02-24-2006 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Sorry

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo_91
    I did not

notice this was the womens forum I will take myself out of here, I don't know how this happened

I have not

tried SOE by iself ye so I have no idea what to expect from it. But when I wear a bunch of it, like 20 inches really

wet ones I have gotten entire classes to go out of control wih just some jiving.
    That's okay....men

aren't off limits here! In fact it would be nice if men visited more often.

20" of SOE, holy sh!t, isn't that

OD levels? Then again, it's the mildest phero, so maybe it's a good thing. *Note to self*: Should try

out 20" SOE

My impression is that the

'none in Edge gel could be responsible for the "earnestness" you noted - you're being taken more seriously since

you have more presence. The SOE and lavender 'nol would not induce seriousness! So perhaps you've found a good

business mix there.

The gel packs are a great way to get a feel for the products, but I do note a little

funkiness in the scent of SOE/w gel after a few hours. The bottled SOE is much nicer than the gel pack SOE for this

reason; its scent won't turn on you. Edge just smells funky, IMO, so I mix it with the lavender 'nol (or others

in that range) or my own perfume.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by silksand
    My

impression is that the 'none in Edge gel could be responsible for the "earnestness" you noted - you're being taken

more seriously since you have more presence. The SOE and lavender 'nol would not induce seriousness! So perhaps

you've found a good business mix there.

The gel packs are a great way to get a feel for the products, but I do

note a little funkiness in the scent of SOE/w gel after a few hours. The bottled SOE is much nicer than the gel pack

SOE for this reason; its scent won't turn on you. Edge just smells funky, IMO, so I mix it with the lavender 'nol

(or others in that range) or my own perfume.
    I'm kinda used to SOE gel scents by now since I use mostly

the gelpaks, so it's definitely not the SOE. I agree about the Edge though. It's just that it astounds me, because

my assumption was that you needed to use a full gelpack to get "one serving". My mind is just blown by the effects 3

gel drops can have and how powerful the stuff is. If so little of the stuff is funky and powerful, I can't even

comprehend the effects of using a whole gelpack.

It's my first time using something other than SOE, so I guess

I'm just in newbie shock. Disregard my astonishment

Quote Originally Posted by girlnextdoor
    Yesterday I used

a normal amount of SOE. I was worried about the leftover residue and conversions effects today, inspite of scrubbing

in the shower. But I decided to go ahead and continue using pheromones today as well. I tried telling myself that

yesterday's SOE wore off completely, and that there was no -none or -nol still floating around in my system today.

Even though I could still smell the SOE

Today I decided to get wild and experiment a LITTLE, at the same

time scared to death of trying something other than SOE. It was my meeting day with some people I like, and I

worried about funky smells.

So today's mix was as follows: 1/2 SOE gel + 3 drops Edge GEL + 3 drops lavender

-nol.
    Don't know if it's OD levels or not, but guessing not. I'm terrified of funky Edge, which is why I used

the outragous amount of gel, lol.

Report-wise it was pretty interesting. Nothing out of the ordinary, but now

that I'm attuned to the subtlety of pheros, little things seem to take on more importance. Or it could be possible

it's all in my head

While SOE alone gives a pretty friendly and easy vibe, today's mix seemed a little

different.

I applied the mones at 8:00am, and the meeting was around 9:30am. While everyone at the meeting was

still friendly, this time there was a little more serious edge. I don't know if respect is an apt term, but it was

more like earnestness. When I spoke, people were really listening and processing what I was saying. It was like

watching them compute my words in their brain. So repect isn't the right term, but more like attention and focus?

Not just on me but also the tasks.

I mentioned in an old post that this guy I like doesn't give me much eye

contact. While I wasn't the center of his universe at the meeting, I got more direct contact than usual. In fact, I

was a little surprised since he looked straight at me when I spoke. Not much, just couple of minutes, but for him

that's a lot. He usually looks at something else. Definitely progress I think Or maybe I'm making too much of

nothing? It wasn't anything sexual, but it's like finally being recognized as a fellow human being.

But this

wasn't the most interesting part. About 2-3 hours after that, half of that meeting team consisting of one guy (not

the one I like) and four ladies decided to go over some reports in a conference room. We got a little more relaxed

and comfortable. As time progressed, the guy started teasing me!!! Nothing big, just cheeky small stuff. Maybe it

was the pheros, or maybe I was little more friendly and humorous myself, but it's a first for me. He didn't seem

to do that to others though he was equally comfortable and easy with them. It wasn't major enough to raise

eyebrows, but now and then he'd do something small like challenge my speed against his. Towards the end one lady

did give me a slightly funny look, but could it be since I was obviously enjoying myself too much? We finally ended

the session without anything else happening. I was excited as this is exactly what I wanted from pheros....a little

friendliness from the guys.

I was skeptical about pheros, but this gives me hope. I'm still not totally sold

yet, but I'm guessing I will be soon. Would this be considered an hit, or am I making a big deal of nothing?

My

only problem is I'm confused about the mix and I have no idea what worked. What was it that made the difference?

none from yesterday's SOE conversion, or did those 3 drops of Edge gel actually make a difference? I'm trying to

understand what played a different role than just plain SOE. I'm guessing the lavender isn't a factor since it's

the same -nol as SOE?

On another note, about 10 hours after I'm noticing a strange smell. It's not an obvious

stink, but occasional wafts of skunky/vinegary oddness. What could it be?? I am shocked to think it could be

the Edge. Surely not from 3 drops of gel? I'd die if I ever applied full strength Edge.
    girlnextdoor,

It looks like you're using A LOT of Androstenol there!
    In all of the SOE gels, A-Nol amounts to 80% of the total

phero content.
    A precisely measured half gel would deliver a .052mg dose of A-Nol.
    While there's no hard and

fast dosage maximums for A-Nol that I know of, I've found that a .04mg dose works well in most situations, with

higher doses resulting in "diminished return" in terms of reactions.

On top of that you're adding even more

A-Nol with the Lavender SP Oil.
    Try backing the SOE gel portion of this combo down to 1/3 or even 1/4 gel pack.

For workplace applications you also need to take into consideration the "captive audience" factor. Whether it may

be an individual's personal over-sensitivity to mones, or just your own "pushing the envelope" in terms of dosage,

the conference room usually doesn't present people with the option of simply walking away as they might do if they

were pheromonally overwhelmed in a club or other "attendance-optional" scenario.
    You should always apply

pheromones with close range exposure in mind, and not risk driving anyone away from your immediate vicinity. It

takes only a tiny amount of pheromones to elicit positive responses. With a more conservative dose, those at the far

end of the room will be exposed to your pheros eventually, while those in your immediate area won't likely be

negatively impacted.

On to the subject of "skunky/vinegary oddness".
    From what I know, and what I THINK I know

about TE/w, I doubt that much of the residual stink you're picking up on is from the TE/w gel.
    The women's LaCroy

products, TE/w and NPA/w, reportedly contain three active ingredients: A-None; the secret ingredient found in men's

TE & NPA; as well as another secret ingredient that distinguishes them as women's products.

I have

NPA/w, and to MY nose there must be very

little Androstenone in there.
    Nor do I pick up anything else in any really detectable quantity that I would think

is the other active ingredient in NPA or TE for men. To me NPA/w has a shrill but sweet, hormonal/medicinal aroma to

it that is totally different than the men's rather "urinous" equivalent.
    I've thus concluded that the major

component of the women's LaCroy products is likely the "secret ingredient" that it DOESN'T share with the men's

line.
    On the (admittedly few) occasions that I've experimented with NPA/w I've never noticed any residual

stinkiness that I could attribute to its use.
    These however are very subjective observations, and your body

chemistry and olfactory acuity could provide very different results and/or perceptions.

So, in the words of

Louis Renault, let's "Round up the usual suspects."
    1.) Any one of the three pheros in TE/w COULD be causing a

residual stink via oxidation or conversion. (Least likely in my opinion.)
    2.) Androstenol from the most current

application (or prior applications, by way of dermal absorption/buildup) could be converting to A-None and who knows

what else and causing a stink. (A tad more likely perhaps, given the quantities that you're applying.)
    3.)

Assuming that you're referring to Scent of Eros

for Women (SOE/w)
    Gels above, SOE/w contains COPULINS! At detectable levels, Copulins smell BAD!
    As I

recall, the most prominent factor in the lengthy delay that SOE/w underwent in being brought to market, was finding

a fragrance capable of adequately covering its Copulin content.
    What you may be smelling here could be "Copulin

bleed-through".

When Essence of Woman

(EW)
    was beta-tested, there were numerous references to the most foul-smelling of things, and while I don't

specifically recall seeing the word "skunky", the "vinegary" comparison was made quite often. The Copulin formula in

SOE/w is reportedly different than EW's, but they no doubt have some components in common.

Again, it would

appear that in order to eliminate, or at least mitigate this problem, a less "heavy-handed" application of SOE/w

would be in order.
    Use less stuff for better results and a happy consequence will be that your supply will last

longer.
    That's a WIN / WIN scenario in my book!
    Good Luck!

Oscar

Thread Information