Close

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    6144

    Default SOE + Edge Report.....possible hit?

    visit-red-300x50PNG
    Yesterday I used a normal amount of SOE. I was worried about the leftover residue and conversions

    effects today, inspite of scrubbing in the shower. But I decided to go ahead and continue using pheromones today as

    well. I tried telling myself that yesterday's SOE wore off completely, and that there was no -none or -nol still

    floating around in my system today. Even though I could still smell the SOE

    Today I decided to get wild

    and experiment a LITTLE, at the same time scared to death of trying something other than SOE. It was my meeting day

    with some people I like, and I worried about funky smells.

    So today's mix was as follows: 1/2 SOE gel + 3 drops

    Edge GEL + 3 drops lavender -nol. Don't know if it's OD levels or not, but guessing not. I'm terrified of funky

    Edge, which is why I used the outragous amount of gel, lol.

    Report-wise it was pretty interesting. Nothing out

    of the ordinary, but now that I'm attuned to the subtlety of pheros, little things seem to take on more importance.

    Or it could be possible it's all in my head

    While SOE alone gives a pretty friendly and easy vibe,

    today's mix seemed a little different.

    I applied the mones at 8:00am, and the meeting was around 9:30am. While

    everyone at the meeting was still friendly, this time there was a little more serious edge. I don't know if respect

    is an apt term, but it was more like earnestness. When I spoke, people were really listening and processing what I

    was saying. It was like watching them compute my words in their brain. So repect isn't the right term, but more

    like attention and focus? Not just on me but also the tasks.

    I mentioned in an old post that this guy I like

    doesn't give me much eye contact. While I wasn't the center of his universe at the meeting, I got more direct

    contact than usual. In fact, I was a little surprised since he looked straight at me when I spoke. Not much, just

    couple of minutes, but for him that's a lot. He usually looks at something else. Definitely progress I think Or

    maybe I'm making too much of nothing? It wasn't anything sexual, but it's like finally being recognized as a

    fellow human being.

    But this wasn't the most interesting part. About 2-3 hours after that, half of that meeting

    team consisting of one guy (not the one I like) and four ladies decided to go over some reports in a conference

    room. We got a little more relaxed and comfortable. As time progressed, the guy started teasing me!!! Nothing big,

    just cheeky small stuff. Maybe it was the pheros, or maybe I was little more friendly and humorous myself, but it's

    a first for me. He didn't seem to do that to others though he was equally comfortable and easy with them. It

    wasn't major enough to raise eyebrows, but now and then he'd do something small like challenge my speed against

    his. Towards the end one lady did give me a slightly funny look, but could it be since I was obviously enjoying

    myself too much? We finally ended the session without anything else happening. I was excited as this is exactly what

    I wanted from pheros....a little friendliness from the guys.

    I was skeptical about pheros, but this gives me

    hope. I'm still not totally sold yet, but I'm guessing I will be soon. Would this be considered an hit, or am I

    making a big deal of nothing?

    My only problem is I'm confused about the mix and I have no idea what worked. What

    was it that made the difference? none from yesterday's SOE conversion, or did those 3 drops of Edge gel actually

    make a difference? I'm trying to understand what played a different role than just plain SOE. I'm guessing the

    lavender isn't a factor since it's the same -nol as SOE?

    On another note, about 10 hours after I'm noticing a

    strange smell. It's not an obvious stink, but occasional wafts of skunky/vinegary oddness. What could it be?? I am

    shocked to think it could be the Edge. Surely not from 3 drops of gel? I'd die if I ever applied full strength

    Edge.

  2. #2
    Moderator belgareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lower Slovobia
    Posts
    7,961
    Rep Power
    8028

    Default

    It sounds like a good start. I

    don't think that you still had any residual SoE from the previous day but its hard to be certain. My own testing

    assumes a small build up over time so I try to adjust for it.

    There several two schools of thought about

    testing. I prefer the idea of testing with a single product in slowly increasing doses until you have both a minimum

    and maximum dose. After cycling through a number of products and comparing contents you'll have a good idea what

    works for you and you can start mixing. Others prefer to start out mixing right away bit it would confuse me. I'd

    never know whcih product did what.

    It could be that pheromones are al a placebo despite research that seems to

    indicate otherwise. Does it really matter so long as it works for you?
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

    Thomas Jefferson

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    6144

    Default

    Well, I am accounting for

    placebo effect, which is why I'm not totally sold yet.

    As for it working, yes, I'm definitely happy to be

    getting somewhere and I suppose it doesn't matter what the contents are. But being the analytical person I am, it

    would help to know which elements work and how they work together. I'm finding the sum doesn't equal the

    individual parts, and knowing why could help determine what to wear.

    I like your idea about individual testing

    cycles, but if only I had the patience for that!

  4. #4
    Moderator belgareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lower Slovobia
    Posts
    7,961
    Rep Power
    8028

    Default

    That's a good attitude,

    scepticism is a healthy trait and will help you in everything. Give it a few weeks and you'll settle down, then you

    can get down to some serious methodology and really figure things out.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

    Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    6165

    Default Sorry, Mistake

    I did not

    notice this was the womens forum I will take myself out of here, I don't know how this happened

    I have not tried

    SOE by iself ye so I have no idea what to expect from it. But when I wear a bunch of it, like 20 inches really wet

    ones I have gotten entire classes to go out of control wih just some jiving.
    Last edited by Lorenzo_91; 02-24-2006 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Sorry

  6. #6
    Phero Enthusiast silksand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    6556

    Default

    My impression is that the

    'none in Edge gel could be responsible for the "earnestness" you noted - you're being taken more seriously since

    you have more presence. The SOE and lavender 'nol would not induce seriousness! So perhaps you've found a good

    business mix there.

    The gel packs are a great way to get a feel for the products, but I do note a little

    funkiness in the scent of SOE/w gel after a few hours. The bottled SOE is much nicer than the gel pack SOE for this

    reason; its scent won't turn on you. Edge just smells funky, IMO, so I mix it with the lavender 'nol (or others

    in that range) or my own perfume.

  7. #7
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    6144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo_91
    I did not

    notice this was the womens forum I will take myself out of here, I don't know how this happened

    I have not

    tried SOE by iself ye so I have no idea what to expect from it. But when I wear a bunch of it, like 20 inches really

    wet ones I have gotten entire classes to go out of control wih just some jiving.
    That's okay....men

    aren't off limits here! In fact it would be nice if men visited more often.

    20" of SOE, holy sh!t, isn't that

    OD levels? Then again, it's the mildest phero, so maybe it's a good thing. *Note to self*: Should try

    out 20" SOE

  8. #8
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    6144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silksand
    My

    impression is that the 'none in Edge gel could be responsible for the "earnestness" you noted - you're being taken

    more seriously since you have more presence. The SOE and lavender 'nol would not induce seriousness! So perhaps

    you've found a good business mix there.

    The gel packs are a great way to get a feel for the products, but I do

    note a little funkiness in the scent of SOE/w gel after a few hours. The bottled SOE is much nicer than the gel pack

    SOE for this reason; its scent won't turn on you. Edge just smells funky, IMO, so I mix it with the lavender 'nol

    (or others in that range) or my own perfume.
    I'm kinda used to SOE gel scents by now since I use mostly

    the gelpaks, so it's definitely not the SOE. I agree about the Edge though. It's just that it astounds me, because

    my assumption was that you needed to use a full gelpack to get "one serving". My mind is just blown by the effects 3

    gel drops can have and how powerful the stuff is. If so little of the stuff is funky and powerful, I can't even

    comprehend the effects of using a whole gelpack.

    It's my first time using something other than SOE, so I guess

    I'm just in newbie shock. Disregard my astonishment

  9. #9
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie, AU
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    6247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    It sounds like a

    good start. I don't think that you still had any residual SoE from the previous day but its hard to be certain. My

    own testing assumes a small build up over time so I try to adjust for it.

    There several two schools of thought

    about testing. I prefer the idea of testing with a single product in slowly increasing doses until you have

    both a minimum and maximum dose. After cycling through a number of products and comparing contents you'll have a

    good idea what works for you and you can start mixing
    . Others prefer to start out mixing right away bit it

    would confuse me. I'd never know whcih product did what.

    It could be that pheromones are al a placebo despite

    research that seems to indicate otherwise. Does it really matter so long as it works for you?
    I like

    your method
    its better to fart & stink a little than to bust your ass & become a cripple

  10. #10
    PheroWizard oscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    2,503
    Rep Power
    8199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by girlnextdoor
    Yesterday I used

    a normal amount of SOE. I was worried about the leftover residue and conversions effects today, inspite of scrubbing

    in the shower. But I decided to go ahead and continue using pheromones today as well. I tried telling myself that

    yesterday's SOE wore off completely, and that there was no -none or -nol still floating around in my system today.

    Even though I could still smell the SOE

    Today I decided to get wild and experiment a LITTLE, at the same

    time scared to death of trying something other than SOE. It was my meeting day with some people I like, and I

    worried about funky smells.

    So today's mix was as follows: 1/2 SOE gel + 3 drops Edge GEL + 3 drops lavender

    -nol.
    Don't know if it's OD levels or not, but guessing not. I'm terrified of funky Edge, which is why I used

    the outragous amount of gel, lol.

    Report-wise it was pretty interesting. Nothing out of the ordinary, but now

    that I'm attuned to the subtlety of pheros, little things seem to take on more importance. Or it could be possible

    it's all in my head

    While SOE alone gives a pretty friendly and easy vibe, today's mix seemed a little

    different.

    I applied the mones at 8:00am, and the meeting was around 9:30am. While everyone at the meeting was

    still friendly, this time there was a little more serious edge. I don't know if respect is an apt term, but it was

    more like earnestness. When I spoke, people were really listening and processing what I was saying. It was like

    watching them compute my words in their brain. So repect isn't the right term, but more like attention and focus?

    Not just on me but also the tasks.

    I mentioned in an old post that this guy I like doesn't give me much eye

    contact. While I wasn't the center of his universe at the meeting, I got more direct contact than usual. In fact, I

    was a little surprised since he looked straight at me when I spoke. Not much, just couple of minutes, but for him

    that's a lot. He usually looks at something else. Definitely progress I think Or maybe I'm making too much of

    nothing? It wasn't anything sexual, but it's like finally being recognized as a fellow human being.

    But this

    wasn't the most interesting part. About 2-3 hours after that, half of that meeting team consisting of one guy (not

    the one I like) and four ladies decided to go over some reports in a conference room. We got a little more relaxed

    and comfortable. As time progressed, the guy started teasing me!!! Nothing big, just cheeky small stuff. Maybe it

    was the pheros, or maybe I was little more friendly and humorous myself, but it's a first for me. He didn't seem

    to do that to others though he was equally comfortable and easy with them. It wasn't major enough to raise

    eyebrows, but now and then he'd do something small like challenge my speed against his. Towards the end one lady

    did give me a slightly funny look, but could it be since I was obviously enjoying myself too much? We finally ended

    the session without anything else happening. I was excited as this is exactly what I wanted from pheros....a little

    friendliness from the guys.

    I was skeptical about pheros, but this gives me hope. I'm still not totally sold

    yet, but I'm guessing I will be soon. Would this be considered an hit, or am I making a big deal of nothing?

    My

    only problem is I'm confused about the mix and I have no idea what worked. What was it that made the difference?

    none from yesterday's SOE conversion, or did those 3 drops of Edge gel actually make a difference? I'm trying to

    understand what played a different role than just plain SOE. I'm guessing the lavender isn't a factor since it's

    the same -nol as SOE?

    On another note, about 10 hours after I'm noticing a strange smell. It's not an obvious

    stink, but occasional wafts of skunky/vinegary oddness. What could it be?? I am shocked to think it could be

    the Edge. Surely not from 3 drops of gel? I'd die if I ever applied full strength Edge.
    girlnextdoor,



    It looks like you're using A LOT of Androstenol there!
    In all of the SOE gels, A-Nol amounts to 80% of the total

    phero content.
    A precisely measured half gel would deliver a .052mg dose of A-Nol.
    While there's no hard and

    fast dosage maximums for A-Nol that I know of, I've found that a .04mg dose works well in most situations, with

    higher doses resulting in "diminished return" in terms of reactions.

    On top of that you're adding even more

    A-Nol with the Lavender SP Oil.
    Try backing the SOE gel portion of this combo down to 1/3 or even 1/4 gel pack.



    For workplace applications you also need to take into consideration the "captive audience" factor. Whether it may

    be an individual's personal over-sensitivity to mones, or just your own "pushing the envelope" in terms of dosage,

    the conference room usually doesn't present people with the option of simply walking away as they might do if they

    were pheromonally overwhelmed in a club or other "attendance-optional" scenario.
    You should always apply

    pheromones with close range exposure in mind, and not risk driving anyone away from your immediate vicinity. It

    takes only a tiny amount of pheromones to elicit positive responses. With a more conservative dose, those at the far

    end of the room will be exposed to your pheros eventually, while those in your immediate area won't likely be

    negatively impacted.

    On to the subject of "skunky/vinegary oddness".
    From what I know, and what I THINK I know

    about TE/w, I doubt that much of the residual stink you're picking up on is from the TE/w gel.
    The women's LaCroy

    products, TE/w and NPA/w, reportedly contain three active ingredients: A-None; the secret ingredient found in men's

    TE & NPA; as well as another secret ingredient that distinguishes them as women's products.

    I have

    NPA/w, and to MY nose there must be very

    little Androstenone in there.
    Nor do I pick up anything else in any really detectable quantity that I would think

    is the other active ingredient in NPA or TE for men. To me NPA/w has a shrill but sweet, hormonal/medicinal aroma to

    it that is totally different than the men's rather "urinous" equivalent.
    I've thus concluded that the major

    component of the women's LaCroy products is likely the "secret ingredient" that it DOESN'T share with the men's

    line.
    On the (admittedly few) occasions that I've experimented with NPA/w I've never noticed any residual

    stinkiness that I could attribute to its use.
    These however are very subjective observations, and your body

    chemistry and olfactory acuity could provide very different results and/or perceptions.

    So, in the words of

    Louis Renault, let's "Round up the usual suspects."
    1.) Any one of the three pheros in TE/w COULD be causing a

    residual stink via oxidation or conversion. (Least likely in my opinion.)
    2.) Androstenol from the most current

    application (or prior applications, by way of dermal absorption/buildup) could be converting to A-None and who knows

    what else and causing a stink. (A tad more likely perhaps, given the quantities that you're applying.)
    3.)

    Assuming that you're referring to Scent of Eros

    for Women (SOE/w)
    Gels above, SOE/w contains COPULINS! At detectable levels, Copulins smell BAD!
    As I

    recall, the most prominent factor in the lengthy delay that SOE/w underwent in being brought to market, was finding

    a fragrance capable of adequately covering its Copulin content.
    What you may be smelling here could be "Copulin

    bleed-through".

    When Essence of Woman

    (EW)
    was beta-tested, there were numerous references to the most foul-smelling of things, and while I don't

    specifically recall seeing the word "skunky", the "vinegary" comparison was made quite often. The Copulin formula in

    SOE/w is reportedly different than EW's, but they no doubt have some components in common.

    Again, it would

    appear that in order to eliminate, or at least mitigate this problem, a less "heavy-handed" application of SOE/w

    would be in order.
    Use less stuff for better results and a happy consequence will be that your supply will last

    longer.
    That's a WIN / WIN scenario in my book!
    Good Luck!


    Oscar

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOE + beta-nol report
    By Tiger4 in forum Pheromone Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 08:52 AM
  2. Just bought SOE and Edge Essentials Heat...
    By handtohandking in forum Pheromone Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 03:57 AM
  3. report on SOE
    By **DONOTDELETE** in forum Pheromone Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2002, 07:48 PM
  4. Newbie Got SOE and Edge; now what?
    By **DONOTDELETE** in forum Archives 1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2002, 12:32 PM
  5. SOE and The Edge
    By **DONOTDELETE** in forum Archives 1
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-29-2002, 07:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •