visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hit stories to illustrate

effective use of mones / combos = good / useful

Boasts = ok, but a bit sad

Fairytales = a personality

disorder

I see all three on this forum.
    I wouldn't be so judgmental if I were you. You never

know for sure and not every culture, or even region of the North America, has the same values and social customs.

The world is a wide 'n wolly place and sh!t happens. Nevertheless, I think of Fairytale spinners as creative

individuals honing their writing skills. We need more people with imagination. On the other hand, people with

personality disorders cause serious damage to themselves and those around them. Spinning a tall tale on a forum

doesn't qualify.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi
    I think of Fairytale

spinners as creative individuals honing their writing skills.
    Whereas I just think of them as being sad

losers with personality disorders. We're all entitled to our opinions, I suppose.

Fairytales have persisted for

centuries because the stories model humanity from a perspective born of dreams and fantasy. They speak of our hopes

and future. Furthermore, dreams and fantasies are one of the few things that separate man from both machine and wild

beasts. All music, art, literature and great ideas find their genesis in dreams and fantasies. And a man without

dreams and fantasies is utterly without hope. He has no life. So a little fairytale is a good thing.

Phero Pro

When someone tells a lie, nothing

good comes out of it. A lie is false and unethical. It is meant to decieve people and ultimately not good for

business here. And yes there have been boatloads of falsehoods told here over the years. I've seen people admit to

that on other forums. As for the originator of this thread, he is already at a competeing pheromone site buying

their products. I doubt he had any loyalty here.

>>> Hey I buy stuff here too, what

do you mean by loyalty? Ill still order items from LS and a couple of other places as well. Whats the harm in that?

I drive a Dakota R/T but I would like a new Mustang too - and that last generation of Honda Prelude was unreal,

bring the Lude back! Brand loyalty and the like seems a bit goofy but thats just me I guess.

Default Sheesh deluxe

Sheesh, this ain't

Pentecostals vs Evangelicals, Mac vs PC, Nikon vs Canon, life vs death for crying out loud. Brand or forum loyalty?

Quack like a duck I say! I like LS but it ain't my religion or my mama. Moreover, it is not a cause, principle, or

activity that should be pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion. All of us post at other sites and shop where we

please.

When someone tells a lie, nothing good comes out of it.
    I'm sorry, like most

absolutes, that is simply not true all the time. In this case, much of the time. Most people tell lies to protect

the hearer's feelings. In the same way, cruel and manipulative individuals use truth to hurt and destroy innocents.

Sometimes the recipient isn't old enough or mentally stable enough to handle the truth. Thus, a conscientious and

moral person places human welfare and well being above truth at every level of human endeavor. An idealistic

fool--me in my 20s--strictly adheres to tenets without thinking or questioning the full range of consequences. That

manner of thinking got my arse in a sling many a time.

Thats hilarious about the brand

loyalty thing, it brought back a memory of days past when in the streets wearing Nike shoes with Adidas socks would

get you called a "perpetrator" it was funny then and it's funny now

I once worn a Canon hat at a

Nikon workshop and was given the cold treatment.

I was once called out for

putting Pepsi in a Coca Cola glass.

Phero Pro

Pongo my apology. I was wrong to

call you out like that. And have no right to question your loyalty. However. I think it was a bit silly to start a

thread on how believable your stories are. And then when someone doesn't buy it, you become all hypersensitive

about it. What the hell do you care if anyone believes you or not. The bottom line is if it's true, than more power

to you. BTW, for the most part I find your stories quite amusing, and always read your posts.

Gegogi, you

know damn well I'm not taliking about absolutes. A white lie probably will not be harmful, but for the most part,

deception is wrong and will cause more problems than it solves. And posting falsehoods here, does no one any good

service.

Are you sure? You certainly wrote

as if you were quoting an absolute of the universe. A lie is a lie regardless of the underlying intention. White

lie, gray lie, black lie--they're still lies regardless of how you candy coat them. I think it's fine to lie when

there is a good reason. And most folks have good reason, saving face, sparing hurt feelings, preventing bloodshed,

etc. It is still a lie. I prefer to withhold information rather than lie as it's easier to keep things straight in

my mind. Lying is too complex and requires you to remember your own BS. But that's just me. Nevertheless your tenet

sounds terribly absolute and yet your minuscule backpedaling smacks of doublespeak. LS is not a shrine nor a pillar

of morality. It is forum for the free exchange of ideas, fantasies and experiences. Actually it's mostly an advice

column for lost love, lust and grand shenanigans. And ain't it fun!

Quote Originally Posted by toby
    Boasts = ok, but a

bit sad
    I don’t see what’s so sad about a little boasting. (But then again, Mohammed Ali was

one of my idols growing up.)
    And pheromones aren’t something you can boast about with just anybody.

(Unless you want everybody to know that you wear them.) So I think this forum provides a service to people that want

to get something off their chests as well as those that want to pick up some tips.
    Give truth a chance.

Phero Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi
    Are you sure? You

certainly wrote as if you were quoting an absolute of the universe. A lie is a lie regardless of the underlying

intention. White lie, gray lie, black lie--they're still lies regardless of how you candy coat them. I think it's

fine to lie when there is a good reason. And most folks have good reason, saving face, sparing hurt feelings,

preventing bloodshed, etc. It is still a lie. I prefer to withhold information rather than lie as it's easier to

keep things straight in my mind. Lying is too complex and requires you to remember your own BS. But that's just me.

Nevertheless your tenet sounds terribly absolute and yet your minuscule backpedaling smacks of doublespeak. LS is

not a shrine nor a pillar of morality. It is forum for the free exchange of ideas, fantasies and experiences.

Actually it's mostly an advice column for lost love, lust and grand shenanigans. And ain't it fun!

Backpedel my butt. Your clouding the issue. The intent of the dishonesty is the merit of my

point. The ethics of types of lies can be debated till the end of time. I really don't give a shit about that

debate in these parts. My bottom line is simply this. People who lie about hit stories here, do NOBODY any good.

Most of the time I agree with

you Gegogi. But on this one I am in the opposite camp. Tounge is right here. Lying about hits doesn't do anybody

any good and probably is harmful. In my eyes its wrong. He is also right that it was plain silly to ask people if

they believed him then get upset when people didn't. If he didn't want the answer he shouldn't have asked the

question in the first place.

Tounge wasn't backpedaling, he was clarifying. He stands on what he believes. No

offense to anybody but I'd trust him a site further than a lot of others because of how straight he is. Maybe there

are good reasons for being untruthful but I haven't found them yet. I don't include participating in chidren's

fantasies as a truthfulness issue, its something else entirely. Other than that, silence is usually the best option

when forethought has failed you and find yourself cornered. Outright lying has never shown itself to be the best

course.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Belgareth, I wasn't specifically

discussing lying about hits. Nevertheless--returning to the root of this thread--there are always two sides to a hit

story. I suspect many hit stories are pure BS but not necessarily an intentional lie. A young man sincerely believes

he received a hit from a woman because she looked his way and tugged at her hair. However, she didn't notice him

but smiled when she thought of something that happened earlier that day. So he provided misinformation. Not

unethnical but just as damaging as a lie in the right context.

I was foremostly addressing the general

practice of lying and the underlying reasons. Most of the communication we receive in life--media, government,

textbooks, interpersonal, etc.--is riddled with falsehoods. Sure much of it isn't intentional but mindless

perpetuation of popular belief or twisting to fit one's world view. To expect and believe in the perfection of

truth in communication is certainly idealistic but not a reality.

To tell the honest truth!--I agree with

both Tounge and Belgareth when it comes to lying. Too bad few others do! I was once an idealist and that residue is

still buried somewhere in my gray matter. Life is so simple when you only view it in black and white. But reality is

full of gray. And you can't swim against a tide of lies in a world of advertising, political spin and ethnocentric

history books (you may recall what textbooks say about Columbus, American Indians, Bush's WMD, etc.). You don't

have to join in but it's naive to expect humanity to follow suit. You'll certainly be frustrated a lot. And yes

I'd lie to spare someone's feelings or avoid bloodshed if I really had to. I've learned to value the well-being

of my fellow man over principles.

And, yes, I do enjoy a little debate and discussion. That's what

discussion forums are for. Playing and teaching music all day doesn't exercise the brain much. So, thanks guys. The

more people that disagree with me, the more fun. But no name calling or cursing please. State your case and be cool.

But like life in general, I try not to take myself or my debators too seriously. After all, we're havining a little

fun and diversion.

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by tounge
    People who lie about

hit stories here, do NOBODY any good.
    amen brotha

If a hit story, or anything

else, is a mistake or mistaken belief that wouldn't count as a lie as there is no intent to decieve. What I, and I

think tounge is talking about is the intentional making up of hit stories or any other form of fabrication. A case

in point was the lady who told me a couple weeks ago that dogs bolt their food because their taste buds are in their

stomaches. While laughable, she honestly believed it; as far as she was concerned it was the truth.

In general,

I agree with you. We are lied to constantly. That's why I question everything I hear from the government and

business. When something is said I take it as something said subject to verification. Between my education and what

I can find through other sources I can usuallly learn enough to either believe or disbelieve it. Since I can't do

that with what hit stories on the forum I don't believe or disbelieve any of them. Just something I've heard.

When it comes to the rest, when is it appropriate to lie to somebody? I participated in the Santa Claus and Easter

Bunny fantasies with my kids knowing fully well it wasn't true. I'm at the same time capable of violence if the

situation warrents it. There are times when principle has to stand and if that means I have to defend myself or

somebody else, I guess that means I may have to use violence. I try very hard and have been mostly successful in

avoiding those situations. That's where forethought comes in.

Few things more stimulating than a friendly

debate with an intelligent person. No offense intended or taken.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

on the lighter side - anyone

who is married or has a significant other knows that from time to time a "little white lie" is absolutely

essential.

The only advantage that I can see

to lying on this forum is to try to maintain the exclusivity of mones.

i.e.

When I first came across this

site I was impressed by the credibility of the first threads that I read. I bought into the idea that nones could

give me an edge, in the same way that a great scent, a good haircut or a well-chosen tie will.

If my first

experience of the forum had been the glory stories then - rightly or wrongly - I would have formed an impression of

mone users as a bunch of IT nerds and teenage losers, sharing fantasies to make up for their lack of girlfriends.

On balance, as a way to keep mones out of the mainstream, the lies are probably a good thing.

Phero Pro

Appreciate the kind words

Belgareth. I think you are a straight shooter here also, but much more diplomatic than I. You are the type of guy I

would want next to me in the foxhole, during a fierce battle. And I'm talking a real shooting war, not internet

debate.

Stranger

at any rate people should

not go about reporting false claims on this forum,think about it,there are newbies as well as season users here who

have spent there hard earn dollars for these products in hopes of seeing real results out in the field,this is

serious business fellows,no one is spenting their money for a simple laught here.they want to know does this stuff

work and what may be working best of the products.listen we do ourselves and others a great injustice if we are

lying about results from these products.if you have got to lie about your hits then keep in mind that you are not

helping your fellow brother here on love scent.again if we are gonna spend serious money then lets be serious about

what we are getting for our money,hences the hits.

Err duh, we'd all like this to

be a perfect little world away from all the lies and deceptions of the world today. But that ain't how the

proverbial cookie crumbles. You gotta do your own homework and make your own choices. Besides what works for Bel,

Gogu or Tounge San ain't likely to work for you. Otherwise we could all wear Old Spice and PI and fall ass first

into booku poon-tang.

Stranger

sure we are not in a

perfect world,but for those of us who are here,should be accountable to themselves at the very least,or if they

decide that they are bent on making a false claim,then just make a post entitled "The Hit Lie list" so at least

newbies on here will at least know this post is only for humor.and gegoal as respect to one another please leave out

the "Err duh" it insults one's intelligent's,if something seems the obvious to you then hold the offending opening

statment and just proceed with your explanation of why you may differ with the post that was made.

Sorry if I oftened you, you I was

just being honest. If you had bothered to read the many posts above you would have realized we traveled that road

many times over and over and over... Hence the "err duh" was well earned and aptly delivered! Furthermore, my post

is in agreement with you as are all other posters. We should strive to be honest. Nevertheless, I'm a pessimist and

believe there's a better chance of hell freezing over than making the world--including forum posters--accountable

for the truth and nothing but the truth. Although I don't judge others for telling "white lies" I prefer to be

brutally honest--except with small children and the infirm--I so I feel compelled to bring idealists back to

reality. Although I think it's time to let this thread slide and quit reining in you utopian visionaries.

Stranger

its the term "err duh" that

small children and children in general use amongs each other,not sensible adults,would you talk to your wife or

significant other,boss,mother or father with the err duh response to a comment they made in good faith.probaly not,

simply out of respect for them,all i'm asking is the same in return,but then again i must bear in mind that some

people are just not a people's person therefore they do not know how to talk to other people.i use to have a boss

who was that way,who pretty much said things to people in a smart ailed way all the time and as you can guess those

type of people were not a favorite at the office at all,because people in general believe that there is a way you

talk to someone,and certain with an attitude like that is not one!everything was fine about your post except the err

duh thing,as a grown man that really rubbed me the wrong way."just because you have a right to say something

doesn't make it a right thing to say"
    god bless you gegog you are still my brother and have a ton of knowledge

in relation to pheromones as i can see,i just wanted to express my feelings toward your responds to my inital

post.yet when its all said and done,i guess you must be you and i be me,good luck in the field my

brother.

Writing and talking are two

entirely different modes of expressive communication. When you speak, you have the benefit of vocal inflection,

volume, facial expressions and body language to underline your words. I can essentially tell someone to fuck off

with a single glance. When one writes, the words must be precise on order to communicate your meaning.

I use

"duh" frequently as a polite reaction to someone's discovery of the obvious. Most folks laugh and take no offense.

I rarely use in prose. I probably need to work on my imagery technique so "duh" is better supported.

I once

took a friend newly arrived from the mainland swimming at Ala Moana. He swallowed a mouthfull of water and exclaimed

"it's salty. I said "err duh" and he cracked up. I could simply say "gee you're dumb for never noticing that

before" but that's more truth than he needed.

Incidentally, the older I get more I refuse to grow up. I

figure I've reverted to my late teens. Cool brah.

oh great, gegogi is going threw

midlife crisis, just kidding brah
    ________
    Curvy live
    Last edited by chicago; 04-08-2011 at 03:30 PM.

No sh!t it's weird to have the

engery of a middle aged man and the emotions and horns of a teenager. I even get erotic dreams and that puppy love

crap all over again. Started thinking about making babies even though I never wanted any before. Teens usually

don't bother me but college age women pick it on their radar and take me for a ride everytime. I guess they figure

I'm an easy dinner and roll in the hay. Last year one begged me to give her a $2500 guitar for special benefits and

I actually considered it...

gegogi, make sure you tell her

strings are extra, lol
    ________
    DRUG TESTS
    Last edited by chicago; 04-08-2011 at 03:31 PM.

That's the problem. I gave her a

free set of strings and even installed them for her. After that we drove to a park and made out in my car (her

idea), something I hadn't done since high school. I guess she made a connection and was going for the gold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information