Close

Default Forum Technical Problems

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi All,
    Just when you think \"Gee, everthing seems to be going well with the UBB forum system, maybe we don\'t have to change it after all...\", then of course something immediately goes wrong. Judging from the fact that nobody posted anything for a while I assume nobody could get on. I got an error message last night which I thought was a temporary problem with the server, but after fiddling with it for a while now, I finally got it up and running.

Anyone notice anything unusual about the forum now, or is it back to normal?

Sorry \'bout that.

Happy New Year!
    Bruce

Default Re: Forum Technical Problems

When I was finally able to get back on, I had to re-enter my name and password for logon. But once entered, things seem back to normal.

Phero Enthusiast

Good that the forum is up and running again. I thought I was band in the forum. I thought if emailing Bruce scream at him.

travis

You have to do something pretty nasty to get banned. I think it has happened twice since this new board went up.
    Happy New Year,
    Bruce

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Yeah Travis -a ban is the first thing that one thinks of when this happens. This time round I was not as paranoid though.

Bruce I didn´t realize that anyone had been banned, at least not on this board?

Plus I noticed that before I re-logged, almost everything in the forum was visible - older posts etc. but now that I´ve logged in again those posts are gone again. - [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJ

CJ,

Happy New Year!
    There\'a a \"default topic view\" option in the preferences section of your profile. You can choose to view topics from the last 2, 5, 10, 20, 30 days and so on, up to \"show all topics\". I\'m guessing that you have yours set low, while an un-logged visitor \"sees all\". [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I keep mine at 45 days.

Oscar [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Bruce,

I just noticed that the search option will only take you back to Dec 31st as though that were the beginning of time! [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Bruce,

...Also, the only way to access anything on the \"Phero Talk\" board, (the old testament of pheromones), is to go in through the forum home page and \"previous\" your way back, one by one from the last post. The topic pages are wiped clean, and the search option isn\'t working! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Hi Oscar,

I am not sure what originally went wrong, but the only place I could get in online was via the admin control panel, and once I was logged in, it acted like the board was being set up for the very first time. I entered all the basic pathways etc, clicked \"go\", and it seemed to work, but as you mentioned in some ways the script thinks the board was born on December 31. Gotta get a new board one of these days.

Bruce

It works, but only gets results posted since December 31. Try something very common like \"phero\".
    Bruce

Oscar,
    I was messing with the Phero Talk board when it dawned on me [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] There haven\'t been any posts since the end of September, so you have to adjust the \"show posts for the last X days\" at the top of the page. Set that at 100 days or past year and you will see posts.
    Wheew! Something around here that actually works. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    Bruce

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

just tried the search option but got NO result at all. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJ

Thread Information