Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pherlure

Banned User

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Here's a "missing link" that

might provide you all with some answers to some of the questions we had been discussing...

http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=11623

Phero Pro

Quote Originally Posted by catlord17
    Here's a "missing

link" that might provide you all with some answers to some of the questions we had been discussing...

http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=11623

Actually, if

you read that whole thread thru, it seems to cause more confusion then answers.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tounge
    Actually, if you

read that whole thread thru, it seems to cause more confusion then answers.
    I did read the whole

thread through, tounge. And while you are correct, it does provide some answers to two of the questions that I have

had: what is the response to androsteRONE by itself, and, is di-dehydroepiandrosterone the same thing as

androsterone?

Since there were a couple of others wondering these same things, I thought I'd post what

answers I could, despite the nature of the rest of the article.

I did read the

whole thread through, tounge. And while you are correct, it does provide some answers to two of the questions that I

have had: what is the response to androsteRONE by itself, and, is di-dehydroepiandrosterone the same thing as

androsterone?

Since there were a couple of others wondering these same things, I thought I'd post what answers

I could, despite the nature of the rest of the article.
    I'm not much of a chemist, but my eyes are

pretty good. I saw "dihydroepiandrosterone" mentioned there, and I've seen "dehydroepiandrosterone" elsewhere.

However, neither on that thread, nor anywhere else other than on advertising for P-lure (and that questionable

abstract) have I found "di-dehydroepiandrosterone".

Oscar

Phero Pro

I reread the thread again also. And

Catlord, I disagree with you. It doesn't answer anything in my mind. As a matter of fact it creates more questions.

And also it was never answered as to why RONE makes an attractive guy more attractive, and an unattractive guy less

attractive. Attractiveness is a subjective thing to begin with.

Stranger

Here's a

"missing link" that might provide you all with some answers to some of the questions we had been discussing...

http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1

Hey Catlord,thanks for the reference and the link. It's been my experience with androsterone

that it does absolutely nothing for me - I've noticed no reactions or hits to it at all.

[QUOTE=oscar]I'm not much of a

chemist, but my eyes are pretty good. I saw "dihydroepiandrosterone" mentioned there, and I've seen

"dehydroepiandrosterone" elsewhere. However, neither on that thread, nor anywhere else other than on advertising for

P-lure (and that questionable abstract) have I found "di-dehydroepiandrosterone".

I suspect that

"dihydroepiandrosterone" is a typo. The "di-dehydroepiandrosterone" reminds me of another marketing tactic:

vomeropherin was used instead of pheromone to promote products that supposedly activated the human VNO. There are

some creative marketing folks out there; let the buyer beware.

JVK

Default Is Pherlure bogus? currently testing

I LOVE THIS SITE

I just found this forum and have been addicted to it for the past few days. What a

wealth of info. I just wish I had found it a few hours earlier. I managed to find the Pherlure website and didn't

really look at it very closely. I generally have a pretty decent BS meter but I was to lazy to really investigate it

so I purchased a bottle After finding this forum with seemingly truthful info. I also purchased SOE packets and

Perception packets. But I won’t use those until my testing of Pherlure is complete.

LOOKS LIKE I AM A

SUCKER

I will be testing Pherlure over the next 2 weeks or 3 weeks to see if their HORRIBLE marketing

holds any truth. This may be one of the best products ever or one of the best rip off schemes ever. Every website

that lists info for this product tries to sell it to me.

Near Dishonest Marketing
    There are about 9 or

10 other seemingly independent domain names that contain information on this product but they are very suspicious in

their language. Too much bull*$#@ not enough facts. Because of this I have decided to write this report.

There

are a few seemingly independent articles about the product. One is at askmen.com after the very short positive

article a note says that Pherlure commissioned the review and partially paid for its creation. Sounds creepy but I

would hope that askmen.com has some integrity.

Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone doesn’t seem to be a pheromone like

all the marketing suggests. It seems to only increase "plasma blood pheromone levels and sociosexual behaviors". It

sounds like you could just take DHEA tablets and get the same result. I have no chemistry or scientific background

besides being a bit of a geek but Pherlure is the only company that sells this chemical and they are the only source

of information on its properties. I did find one source that suggested an independent scientist was considering

development of a DHEA based scent but I can’t remember its source.

The information above has no bearing on

whether or not it really works. Simple fact is you can only take what I say at face value. Their marketing

techniques are near dishonest which does make me angry but their product might work. That aside it seems that they

have excellent customer relations. The product shipped within 24 hours of the order.

Below is the only

“scientific data” on Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone. It seems legit but it is only an abstract. If it were factually

incorrect the University of Chicago would lose face.

http://www.wondersinscience.com/archiv

es/2005/0207/novelpheromone.html

A double-blind, randomized study was conducted to determine the effect of

a novel human pheromone formulation (Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone) on plasma blood pheromone levels and sociosexual

behaviors in men in regard to women. Members of the group (n=84) had blood collected at the beginning and end of an

12 week period of the study along with a journal documenting sexual intercourse activity. Subjects were supplemented

with Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone in a fragrance marketed under the trade name "pherlure" (n=43) or a placebo fragrance

(n=41) for the 12 weeks. The subject group applied 2 sprays daily of the Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone added fragrance.

The plasma pheromone levels increased in the Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone group by 22.6%, respectively, while levels

decreased in the placebo group by 1.4%, respectively. The total journalized sexual intercourse activity levels

increased in the Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone group by 62.4%, respectively, in contrast to the placebo group which

increased by 2.8%, respectively. All comparisons were statistically significant (P<0.001). These findings suggest

that daily supplementation with Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone significantly increases plasma blood pheromone levels and

sociosexual behaviors.
    Last edited by luxveritas; 01-08-2006 at 10:07 AM.

Just got my shipment from

both bruce and from pherlure in time for my new year. I almost afraid to waste my new years, on something that is

not a sure thing like pherlure. I rather try SOE. I guess i will have to suck it up and give it a go.

i would go with SoE tonight just

so you dont screw up your new years because you would regret that. do your pherlure testing after new years. also i

think this was the best experimental post i have ever read, very detailed and professional seeming.

Phero Pro

Agree with Tyler. Great post. One

of the few long ones I could stay with. Really looking foward to your future posts. Tonight should be a great

testing night regardless of what you chose to wear.

BTW, when you when out without mones did you wear a

cologne. That is a very important detail.

Journeyman

keep us updated lux. In my

opinion, i would not waste the new years eve testing out products, so just try products that will give you smoe sort

of results.... have some fun tonight with pheromones that will guarantee you results

haha tonight i think ill test

out my NPA a bit more, i never really have bad results with it so i think its safe.

Phero Dude

There is a great thread on this

subject located here on the forum.

The location is

http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13990

This thread has been going for a while and should answer any serious questions you may have regarding

Pherlure.

Banned User

I am really looking forward to

what your experiences are. I've made my experiences known, but few here seem to consider my experiences valid.

Banned User

I would have to say that

someone has to be a moron to market Pherlure the way it's being marketed. They're amost certainly costing

themselves sales.

Pherlure is BS. You may see effects

because it changes the dispersion of the products you mix it with, thus "altering" the dosage.
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

Is it bogus? Yea. Are catlord's

result real? Yea.
    --Benjamin Franklin

I wussed out on testing the

pherlure on new years. I figured that even if i got some results with pherlure. I wouldn't be able to tell if it

was because of the product or the sheer volume of horney chicks on the prowl. I put on half a pack SOE instead and

can tell you for a fact that it has some strange properties about it. I applied it before having anything to drink

and within minutes I felt stoned, really jittery like a caffine buzz and it seemed my fine motor skills were

impared. My game was really off so instead of going out hunting, I went to my roommates girlfriends friends party.

Turns out that everyone at that party was Gay. It was really funny because for the last 3 years I have gone to

literally gay parties for new years. I dont even have any friends i know are gay. It was fun because i enjoy talking

to people of different backgrounds and I didnt have any problems with the guys being obnoxious. I tried on the SOE

again today (had half a pack didnt want to waste) and felt stoned again. Could be because I was hung over but it

only started when I applied it. I swear to only test the pherlure for at least the next 2 weeks, I have to see if i

need to return it.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    Is it bogus? Yea.

Are catlord's result real? Yea.

I'm curious as to how you concluded it's bogus? Since my best hits

come from Pherlure worn alone. That would seem to discount your "mixing dispersion" theory.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by luxveritas
    I wussed out

on testing the pherlure on new years. I figured that even if i got some results with pherlure. I wouldn't be able

to tell if it was because of the product or the sheer volume of horney chicks on the prowl. I put on half a pack SOE

instead and can tell you for a fact that it has some strange properties about it. I applied it before having

anything to drink and within minutes I felt stoned, really jittery like a caffine buzz and it seemed my fine motor

skills were impared. My game was really off so instead of going out hunting, I went to my roommates girlfriends

friends party. Turns out that everyone at that party was Gay. It was really funny because for the last 3 years I

have gone to literally gay parties for new years. I dont even have any friends i know are gay. It was fun because i

enjoy talking to people of different backgrounds and I didnt have any problems with the guys being obnoxious. I

tried on the SOE again today (had half a pack didnt want to waste) and felt stoned again. Could be because I was

hung over but it only started when I applied it. I swear to only test the pherlure for at least the next 2 weeks, I

have to see if i need to return it.
    Do one week's worth of testing with one spray, and then do one

week's worth with two sprays. In my experience, Pherlure needs to be refreshed about every 3 hours or so if you

apply to skin.

Banned User

Pherlure is BS. You

may see effects because it changes the dispersion of the products you mix it with, thus "altering" the

dosage.

You assume I always wear it with something else. To assume is dangerous, my friend. As it

happens, I get the best responses when I wear it alone.

You assume I always

wear it with something else. To assume is dangerous, my friend. As it happens, I get the best responses when I

wear it alone.
    Ha! Nope, I didn't assume that.
    --Benjamin Franklin

I'm curious as to

how you concluded it's bogus? Since my best hits come from Pherlure worn alone. That would seem to discount your

"mixing dispersion" theory.
    I concluded it because of its contents.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Banned User

I concluded it

because of its contents.

I follow your logic, but it's faulty. I'm simply not imagining my results,

as much as you would like to believe otherwise.

I have a number of friends who get good laughs at the expense of

those who disagree with my experiences based on this sort of logic, because they see the results I get too.

Phero Dude

Catlord17...your results are not

necessarily bogus or invalid.Nor do I dismiss your results out of hand simply based of my own

assumptions.However,the body of existing real science doesnt indicate that there is any hard validity to the claims

made by the products manufacturer.Are your results real? Sure they are.And I will be the first to say if it aint

broke,dont fix it.The only real question that remains is WHY you get results from a product that has not only been

over hyped,but demonstrated to be based largely on assumption and supposition rather than anything delivered through

scentific research.

The unfortunate problem is that while the product may in fact work for some,the person

behind the product has made bogus statements regarding that product.It may be the greatest product in the world,but

until its backed up by factual scence and research its just hype.Another element to consider is individual body

chemistry.What works well for one may not work well for another.Hence,the variety of different products available

through this site.Pherlure may work great for you and many others as well...heck...it might even work for me if I

ever tried it.But there is an issue of trust that exists when it comes to the claims of the manufacturer.We all know

that info-mercials and internet spam advertising has become corrupted with bogus advertising and claims for miricle

products and so forth.I spent huge amounts of time lurking around these forums befor I ever considered actualy

buying anything simply for the fact that there have been so many frauds on the internet.The eveidence that I have

seen is based not on using Pherlure but based uppon the debunking of the claims made by its manufacturer.If you get

results from it...great.I am not about to say your full of it.But the manufacturer doesnt have the best track record

and the product should be approached with great caution.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tim929
    Catlord17...your

results are not necessarily bogus or invalid.Nor do I dismiss your results out of hand simply based of my own

assumptions.However,the body of existing real science doesnt indicate that there is any hard validity to the claims

made by the products manufacturer.Are your results real? Sure they are.And I will be the first to say if it aint

broke,dont fix it.The only real question that remains is WHY you get results from a product that has not only been

over hyped,but demonstrated to be based largely on assumption and supposition rather than anything delivered through

scentific research.

The unfortunate problem is that while the product may in fact work for some,the person

behind the product has made bogus statements regarding that product.It may be the greatest product in the world,but

until its backed up by factual scence and research its just hype.Another element to consider is individual body

chemistry.What works well for one may not work well for another.Hence,the variety of different products available

through this site.Pherlure may work great for you and many others as well...heck...it might even work for me if I

ever tried it.But there is an issue of trust that exists when it comes to the claims of the manufacturer.We all know

that info-mercials and internet spam advertising has become corrupted with bogus advertising and claims for miricle

products and so forth.I spent huge amounts of time lurking around these forums befor I ever considered actualy

buying anything simply for the fact that there have been so many frauds on the internet.The eveidence that I have

seen is based not on using Pherlure but based uppon the debunking of the claims made by its manufacturer.If you get

results from it...great.I am not about to say your full of it.But the manufacturer doesnt have the best track record

and the product should be approached with great caution.
    I agree, the manufacturer is screwing up with

their marketing. In fact I have decided not to sell it, because they've done such a good job of screwing up, even

though I find that it works for me. Nordo I expect everyone to have the same results with it that I do, since I

apparently don't have the same results others do with this or the other pheromones. Body chemistry.

However, as

of right now, I'd say that Pherlure is my favorite of the stuff I have. It may not be correctlyclassified when

it's called a pheromone spray, but I sure do have fun with it. It seems to affect people like most people report

that NPA does, for me, except without the negative side effects. Whereas TE seems to do nothing unless I overdose

and become irritable.

I have noting to gain orlose if nobody believes my experiences, which is why I find it so

amusing to get such strong insistence that I can't be right from these guys. On the other hand, I have a lot of

testing time to put in yet with my pheromones, so this one might not stay on top of the heap.

I also have to

wonder if they put out a different product for people who have already bought from them. There have been some

reports that the first bottle was great, and then the second bottle didn't do anything. I guess we'll see when I

run out of this bottle's contents. Because call me a fool, but I have seen some amazing stuff happen after putting

on Pherlure, and I'll most definitely be buying another bottle. As far as I'm concerned, it's liquid gold. And

I'd wear it just for the scent, even without the "active ingredient", whatever the hell it happens to be.

Then

again, my loyalty lies with what works. If they're playing games with switching contents on second orders and

beyond, they lose me as a customer. Simple as that.

Maybe I'll send you this bottle when I have only a little

left so you can try it.

I follow your logic,

but it's faulty. I'm simply not imagining my results, as much as you would like to believe otherwise.

I

have a number of friends who get good laughs at the expense of those who disagree with my experiences based on this

sort of logic, because they see the results I get too.
    I never said that.

Originally, I felt you

deserved the courtesy of a response as to possible explainations for why DHEA could really work for you, but

frankly, now I don't want to converse with you given your negativity.
    --Benjamin Franklin

When I finish my testing I

think that I might post a website with the information from this thread and my personal experience and see if

slashdot will pick it up. If in 2 weeks i find that it works then I might extend my study to a month. Something as

contraversial as this seems to need investigation. If nothing else the site that I might create will expose the

companies marketing tactics. While doing research on this product I have yet to find a counterpoint to the rave

reviews of Pherlure. (maybe astroturfing) This is something that needs to be fixed for the sake of balance. Of

course I'll definately mention this forum and its wealth of info. I love this site. It seems to be the only island

in the sea of BS. Kudos to Bruce for allowing this thread for a product which he doesn't even (wisely) carry.

Banned User

I never said

that.

Originally, I felt you deserved the courtesy of a response as to possible explainations for why DHEA could

really work for you, but frankly, now I don't want to converse with you given your negativity.

I'm

afraid I fail to see the negativity you are attempting to punish me for with your silence. I am stating that your

logic is faulty, and it is. That's not negativity, that's simple fact. My experience disagrees with your

"logic".

And when I say I have friends who get a kick out of reading what you and others have said when

disagreeing with me, when they see what I experience first hand, that is also a simple fact. It's just amusing

that you guys are so stuck on your beliefs without ever trying the stuff for yourselves.

I couldn't care less if

you believe what I have to say. I don't care if you are interested in talking to me or not. You are welcome to

your choice of beliefs and actions. But please don't think I am going to suffer because you've chosen to stop

talking with me when I disagree with you.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information