Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 302

Thread: Pherlure

  1. #61
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    visit-red-300x50PNG
    Here's a "missing link" that

    might provide you all with some answers to some of the questions we had been discussing...



    http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=11623

  2. #62
    Phero Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    6816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catlord17
    Here's a "missing

    link" that might provide you all with some answers to some of the questions we had been discussing...



    http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=11623



    Actually, if

    you read that whole thread thru, it seems to cause more confusion then answers.

  3. #63
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tounge
    Actually, if you

    read that whole thread thru, it seems to cause more confusion then answers.
    I did read the whole

    thread through, tounge. And while you are correct, it does provide some answers to two of the questions that I have

    had: what is the response to androsteRONE by itself, and, is di-dehydroepiandrosterone the same thing as

    androsterone?

    Since there were a couple of others wondering these same things, I thought I'd post what

    answers I could, despite the nature of the rest of the article.

  4. #64
    PheroWizard oscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    2,503
    Rep Power
    7228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catlord17
    I did read the

    whole thread through, tounge. And while you are correct, it does provide some answers to two of the questions that I

    have had: what is the response to androsteRONE by itself, and, is di-dehydroepiandrosterone the same thing as

    androsterone?

    Since there were a couple of others wondering these same things, I thought I'd post what answers

    I could, despite the nature of the rest of the article.
    I'm not much of a chemist, but my eyes are

    pretty good. I saw "dihydroepiandrosterone" mentioned there, and I've seen "dehydroepiandrosterone" elsewhere.

    However, neither on that thread, nor anywhere else other than on advertising for P-lure (and that questionable

    abstract) have I found "di-dehydroepiandrosterone".

    Oscar

  5. #65
    Phero Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    6816

    Default

    I reread the thread again also. And

    Catlord, I disagree with you. It doesn't answer anything in my mind. As a matter of fact it creates more questions.

    And also it was never answered as to why RONE makes an attractive guy more attractive, and an unattractive guy less

    attractive. Attractiveness is a subjective thing to begin with.

  6. #66
    Stranger
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catlord17
    Here's a

    "missing link" that might provide you all with some answers to some of the questions we had been discussing...



    http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1

    1623
    Hey Catlord,thanks for the reference and the link. It's been my experience with androsterone

    that it does absolutely nothing for me - I've noticed no reactions or hits to it at all.

  7. #67
    Banned User jvkohl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Northern Georgia
    Posts
    1,127
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=oscar]I'm not much of a

    chemist, but my eyes are pretty good. I saw "dihydroepiandrosterone" mentioned there, and I've seen

    "dehydroepiandrosterone" elsewhere. However, neither on that thread, nor anywhere else other than on advertising for

    P-lure (and that questionable abstract) have I found "di-dehydroepiandrosterone".

    I suspect that

    "dihydroepiandrosterone" is a typo. The "di-dehydroepiandrosterone" reminds me of another marketing tactic:

    vomeropherin was used instead of pheromone to promote products that supposedly activated the human VNO. There are

    some creative marketing folks out there; let the buyer beware.

    JVK

  8. #68
    Full Member luxveritas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    5215

    Default Is Pherlure bogus? currently testing

    I LOVE THIS SITE

    I just found this forum and have been addicted to it for the past few days. What a

    wealth of info. I just wish I had found it a few hours earlier. I managed to find the Pherlure website and didn't

    really look at it very closely. I generally have a pretty decent BS meter but I was to lazy to really investigate it

    so I purchased a bottle After finding this forum with seemingly truthful info. I also purchased SOE packets and

    Perception packets. But I won’t use those until my testing of Pherlure is complete.

    LOOKS LIKE I AM A

    SUCKER


    I will be testing Pherlure over the next 2 weeks or 3 weeks to see if their HORRIBLE marketing

    holds any truth. This may be one of the best products ever or one of the best rip off schemes ever. Every website

    that lists info for this product tries to sell it to me.

    Near Dishonest Marketing
    There are about 9 or

    10 other seemingly independent domain names that contain information on this product but they are very suspicious in

    their language. Too much bull*$#@ not enough facts. Because of this I have decided to write this report.

    There

    are a few seemingly independent articles about the product. One is at askmen.com after the very short positive

    article a note says that Pherlure commissioned the review and partially paid for its creation. Sounds creepy but I

    would hope that askmen.com has some integrity.

    Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone doesn’t seem to be a pheromone like

    all the marketing suggests. It seems to only increase "plasma blood pheromone levels and sociosexual behaviors". It

    sounds like you could just take DHEA tablets and get the same result. I have no chemistry or scientific background

    besides being a bit of a geek but Pherlure is the only company that sells this chemical and they are the only source

    of information on its properties. I did find one source that suggested an independent scientist was considering

    development of a DHEA based scent but I can’t remember its source.

    The information above has no bearing on

    whether or not it really works. Simple fact is you can only take what I say at face value. Their marketing

    techniques are near dishonest which does make me angry but their product might work. That aside it seems that they

    have excellent customer relations. The product shipped within 24 hours of the order.

    Below is the only

    “scientific data” on Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone. It seems legit but it is only an abstract. If it were factually

    incorrect the University of Chicago would lose face.



    http://www.wondersinscience.com/archiv

    es/2005/0207/novelpheromone.html

    A double-blind, randomized study was conducted to determine the effect of

    a novel human pheromone formulation (Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone) on plasma blood pheromone levels and sociosexual

    behaviors in men in regard to women. Members of the group (n=84) had blood collected at the beginning and end of an

    12 week period of the study along with a journal documenting sexual intercourse activity. Subjects were supplemented

    with Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone in a fragrance marketed under the trade name "pherlure" (n=43) or a placebo fragrance

    (n=41) for the 12 weeks. The subject group applied 2 sprays daily of the Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone added fragrance.

    The plasma pheromone levels increased in the Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone group by 22.6%, respectively, while levels

    decreased in the placebo group by 1.4%, respectively. The total journalized sexual intercourse activity levels

    increased in the Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone group by 62.4%, respectively, in contrast to the placebo group which

    increased by 2.8%, respectively. All comparisons were statistically significant (P<0.001). These findings suggest

    that daily supplementation with Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone significantly increases plasma blood pheromone levels and

    sociosexual behaviors.
    Last edited by luxveritas; 01-08-2006 at 10:07 AM.

  9. #69
    Full Member luxveritas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    5215

    Default

    Just got my shipment from

    both bruce and from pherlure in time for my new year. I almost afraid to waste my new years, on something that is

    not a sure thing like pherlure. I rather try SOE. I guess i will have to suck it up and give it a go.

  10. #70
    Journeyman TylerOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    5218

    Default

    i would go with SoE tonight just

    so you dont screw up your new years because you would regret that. do your pherlure testing after new years. also i

    think this was the best experimental post i have ever read, very detailed and professional seeming.

  11. #71
    Phero Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    6816

    Default

    Agree with Tyler. Great post. One

    of the few long ones I could stay with. Really looking foward to your future posts. Tonight should be a great

    testing night regardless of what you chose to wear.

    BTW, when you when out without mones did you wear a

    cologne. That is a very important detail.

  12. #72
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    5621

    Default

    keep us updated lux. In my

    opinion, i would not waste the new years eve testing out products, so just try products that will give you smoe sort

    of results.... have some fun tonight with pheromones that will guarantee you results

  13. #73
    Journeyman TylerOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    5218

    Default

    haha tonight i think ill test

    out my NPA a bit more, i never really have bad results with it so i think its safe.

  14. #74
    Phero Dude
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bainbridge Island Washington
    Posts
    580
    Rep Power
    5748

    Default

    There is a great thread on this

    subject located here on the forum.

    The location is

    http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13990



    This thread has been going for a while and should answer any serious questions you may have regarding

    Pherlure.

  15. #75
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I am really looking forward to

    what your experiences are. I've made my experiences known, but few here seem to consider my experiences valid.

  16. #76
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I would have to say that

    someone has to be a moron to market Pherlure the way it's being marketed. They're amost certainly costing

    themselves sales.

  17. #77
    Sadhu bjf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,781
    Rep Power
    6723

    Default

    Pherlure is BS. You may see effects

    because it changes the dispersion of the products you mix it with, thus "altering" the dosage.
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

  18. #78
    Sadhu bjf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,781
    Rep Power
    6723

    Default

    Is it bogus? Yea. Are catlord's

    result real? Yea.
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

  19. #79
    Full Member luxveritas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    5215

    Default

    I wussed out on testing the

    pherlure on new years. I figured that even if i got some results with pherlure. I wouldn't be able to tell if it

    was because of the product or the sheer volume of horney chicks on the prowl. I put on half a pack SOE instead and

    can tell you for a fact that it has some strange properties about it. I applied it before having anything to drink

    and within minutes I felt stoned, really jittery like a caffine buzz and it seemed my fine motor skills were

    impared. My game was really off so instead of going out hunting, I went to my roommates girlfriends friends party.

    Turns out that everyone at that party was Gay. It was really funny because for the last 3 years I have gone to

    literally gay parties for new years. I dont even have any friends i know are gay. It was fun because i enjoy talking

    to people of different backgrounds and I didnt have any problems with the guys being obnoxious. I tried on the SOE

    again today (had half a pack didnt want to waste) and felt stoned again. Could be because I was hung over but it

    only started when I applied it. I swear to only test the pherlure for at least the next 2 weeks, I have to see if i

    need to return it.

  20. #80
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    Is it bogus? Yea.

    Are catlord's result real? Yea.

    I'm curious as to how you concluded it's bogus? Since my best hits

    come from Pherlure worn alone. That would seem to discount your "mixing dispersion" theory.

  21. #81
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luxveritas
    I wussed out

    on testing the pherlure on new years. I figured that even if i got some results with pherlure. I wouldn't be able

    to tell if it was because of the product or the sheer volume of horney chicks on the prowl. I put on half a pack SOE

    instead and can tell you for a fact that it has some strange properties about it. I applied it before having

    anything to drink and within minutes I felt stoned, really jittery like a caffine buzz and it seemed my fine motor

    skills were impared. My game was really off so instead of going out hunting, I went to my roommates girlfriends

    friends party. Turns out that everyone at that party was Gay. It was really funny because for the last 3 years I

    have gone to literally gay parties for new years. I dont even have any friends i know are gay. It was fun because i

    enjoy talking to people of different backgrounds and I didnt have any problems with the guys being obnoxious. I

    tried on the SOE again today (had half a pack didnt want to waste) and felt stoned again. Could be because I was

    hung over but it only started when I applied it. I swear to only test the pherlure for at least the next 2 weeks, I

    have to see if i need to return it.
    Do one week's worth of testing with one spray, and then do one

    week's worth with two sprays. In my experience, Pherlure needs to be refreshed about every 3 hours or so if you

    apply to skin.

  22. #82
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    Pherlure is BS. You

    may see effects because it changes the dispersion of the products you mix it with, thus "altering" the

    dosage.

    You assume I always wear it with something else. To assume is dangerous, my friend. As it

    happens, I get the best responses when I wear it alone.

  23. #83
    Sadhu bjf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,781
    Rep Power
    6723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catlord17
    You assume I always

    wear it with something else. To assume is dangerous, my friend. As it happens, I get the best responses when I

    wear it alone.
    Ha! Nope, I didn't assume that.
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

  24. #84
    Sadhu bjf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,781
    Rep Power
    6723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catlord17
    I'm curious as to

    how you concluded it's bogus? Since my best hits come from Pherlure worn alone. That would seem to discount your

    "mixing dispersion" theory.
    I concluded it because of its contents.
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

  25. #85
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    I concluded it

    because of its contents.

    I follow your logic, but it's faulty. I'm simply not imagining my results,

    as much as you would like to believe otherwise.

    I have a number of friends who get good laughs at the expense of

    those who disagree with my experiences based on this sort of logic, because they see the results I get too.

  26. #86
    Phero Dude
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bainbridge Island Washington
    Posts
    580
    Rep Power
    5748

    Default

    Catlord17...your results are not

    necessarily bogus or invalid.Nor do I dismiss your results out of hand simply based of my own

    assumptions.However,the body of existing real science doesnt indicate that there is any hard validity to the claims

    made by the products manufacturer.Are your results real? Sure they are.And I will be the first to say if it aint

    broke,dont fix it.The only real question that remains is WHY you get results from a product that has not only been

    over hyped,but demonstrated to be based largely on assumption and supposition rather than anything delivered through

    scentific research.

    The unfortunate problem is that while the product may in fact work for some,the person

    behind the product has made bogus statements regarding that product.It may be the greatest product in the world,but

    until its backed up by factual scence and research its just hype.Another element to consider is individual body

    chemistry.What works well for one may not work well for another.Hence,the variety of different products available

    through this site.Pherlure may work great for you and many others as well...heck...it might even work for me if I

    ever tried it.But there is an issue of trust that exists when it comes to the claims of the manufacturer.We all know

    that info-mercials and internet spam advertising has become corrupted with bogus advertising and claims for miricle

    products and so forth.I spent huge amounts of time lurking around these forums befor I ever considered actualy

    buying anything simply for the fact that there have been so many frauds on the internet.The eveidence that I have

    seen is based not on using Pherlure but based uppon the debunking of the claims made by its manufacturer.If you get

    results from it...great.I am not about to say your full of it.But the manufacturer doesnt have the best track record

    and the product should be approached with great caution.

  27. #87
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim929
    Catlord17...your

    results are not necessarily bogus or invalid.Nor do I dismiss your results out of hand simply based of my own

    assumptions.However,the body of existing real science doesnt indicate that there is any hard validity to the claims

    made by the products manufacturer.Are your results real? Sure they are.And I will be the first to say if it aint

    broke,dont fix it.The only real question that remains is WHY you get results from a product that has not only been

    over hyped,but demonstrated to be based largely on assumption and supposition rather than anything delivered through

    scentific research.

    The unfortunate problem is that while the product may in fact work for some,the person

    behind the product has made bogus statements regarding that product.It may be the greatest product in the world,but

    until its backed up by factual scence and research its just hype.Another element to consider is individual body

    chemistry.What works well for one may not work well for another.Hence,the variety of different products available

    through this site.Pherlure may work great for you and many others as well...heck...it might even work for me if I

    ever tried it.But there is an issue of trust that exists when it comes to the claims of the manufacturer.We all know

    that info-mercials and internet spam advertising has become corrupted with bogus advertising and claims for miricle

    products and so forth.I spent huge amounts of time lurking around these forums befor I ever considered actualy

    buying anything simply for the fact that there have been so many frauds on the internet.The eveidence that I have

    seen is based not on using Pherlure but based uppon the debunking of the claims made by its manufacturer.If you get

    results from it...great.I am not about to say your full of it.But the manufacturer doesnt have the best track record

    and the product should be approached with great caution.
    I agree, the manufacturer is screwing up with

    their marketing. In fact I have decided not to sell it, because they've done such a good job of screwing up, even

    though I find that it works for me. Nordo I expect everyone to have the same results with it that I do, since I

    apparently don't have the same results others do with this or the other pheromones. Body chemistry.

    However, as

    of right now, I'd say that Pherlure is my favorite of the stuff I have. It may not be correctlyclassified when

    it's called a pheromone spray, but I sure do have fun with it. It seems to affect people like most people report

    that NPA does, for me, except without the negative side effects. Whereas TE seems to do nothing unless I overdose

    and become irritable.

    I have noting to gain orlose if nobody believes my experiences, which is why I find it so

    amusing to get such strong insistence that I can't be right from these guys. On the other hand, I have a lot of

    testing time to put in yet with my pheromones, so this one might not stay on top of the heap.

    I also have to

    wonder if they put out a different product for people who have already bought from them. There have been some

    reports that the first bottle was great, and then the second bottle didn't do anything. I guess we'll see when I

    run out of this bottle's contents. Because call me a fool, but I have seen some amazing stuff happen after putting

    on Pherlure, and I'll most definitely be buying another bottle. As far as I'm concerned, it's liquid gold. And

    I'd wear it just for the scent, even without the "active ingredient", whatever the hell it happens to be.

    Then

    again, my loyalty lies with what works. If they're playing games with switching contents on second orders and

    beyond, they lose me as a customer. Simple as that.

    Maybe I'll send you this bottle when I have only a little

    left so you can try it.

  28. #88
    Sadhu bjf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,781
    Rep Power
    6723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catlord17
    I follow your logic,

    but it's faulty. I'm simply not imagining my results, as much as you would like to believe otherwise.

    I

    have a number of friends who get good laughs at the expense of those who disagree with my experiences based on this

    sort of logic, because they see the results I get too.
    I never said that.

    Originally, I felt you

    deserved the courtesy of a response as to possible explainations for why DHEA could really work for you, but

    frankly, now I don't want to converse with you given your negativity.
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

  29. #89
    Full Member luxveritas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    5215

    Default

    When I finish my testing I

    think that I might post a website with the information from this thread and my personal experience and see if

    slashdot will pick it up. If in 2 weeks i find that it works then I might extend my study to a month. Something as

    contraversial as this seems to need investigation. If nothing else the site that I might create will expose the

    companies marketing tactics. While doing research on this product I have yet to find a counterpoint to the rave

    reviews of Pherlure. (maybe astroturfing) This is something that needs to be fixed for the sake of balance. Of

    course I'll definately mention this forum and its wealth of info. I love this site. It seems to be the only island

    in the sea of BS. Kudos to Bruce for allowing this thread for a product which he doesn't even (wisely) carry.

  30. #90
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    I never said

    that.

    Originally, I felt you deserved the courtesy of a response as to possible explainations for why DHEA could

    really work for you, but frankly, now I don't want to converse with you given your negativity.

    I'm

    afraid I fail to see the negativity you are attempting to punish me for with your silence. I am stating that your

    logic is faulty, and it is. That's not negativity, that's simple fact. My experience disagrees with your

    "logic".

    And when I say I have friends who get a kick out of reading what you and others have said when

    disagreeing with me, when they see what I experience first hand, that is also a simple fact. It's just amusing

    that you guys are so stuck on your beliefs without ever trying the stuff for yourselves.

    I couldn't care less if

    you believe what I have to say. I don't care if you are interested in talking to me or not. You are welcome to

    your choice of beliefs and actions. But please don't think I am going to suffer because you've chosen to stop

    talking with me when I disagree with you.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jittery & smiley due to npa + pherlure
    By K-Flex in forum Pheromone Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 02:35 PM
  2. pherlure combined with perfume
    By mr-sark in forum Pheromone Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 04:56 PM
  3. Pherlure
    By Bkflip in forum Pheromone Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 10:12 PM
  4. testing........
    By **DONOTDELETE** in forum Pheromone Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2002, 12:14 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2002, 12:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •