Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Default Re: Life without sex? Pllllleeease!!!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    To All,

You may still see one of these in the backround of an old movie. There was a sign one could see hanging in taprooms and barber shops many years ago. I may not have the wording verbatim, but as I recall it read,
    \"PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DISCUSSING RELIGION OR POLITICS.\"

Can I get an \"Amen!\"?

Oscar

**DONOTDELETE**

Actually that was simply for those people who were trying to say the Bible wasn\'t true. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Jambat

you are obviously a very bored guy to type all that out. Much of the bible is not true, particularly the info about a guy called jesus.

Infact, quick quiz, who am I talking about?
    He was born on December 25th to a virgin mother; he was called a saviour; the only begotten son; and died to save humanity; he was crucified on a Friday - \"Black Friday\" - and his blood was spilled to redeem the earth; he suffered death with nails and staked; he was the Father and Son combined in an earthly body; he was put in a tomb, went down into thge underworld, but three days later, on March 25th, his body was found to be gone from the tomb and he was resurrected as the \"Most High God\"; his body was symbolised as bread and eaten by those who worshipped him.

Jesus, yes? No,no. All of this was said about the saviour Son of God called Attis who was worshipped by the Phrygians, one of the oldest races in Asia Minor, now Turkey, well over 1000 years before the manufacture of \"Jesus\". It was just one of countless symbolic dieties of whom the same story was told millennia before Christianity. while Christians laugh at those \"Pagan\" tales and condemn them as evil, they ask the rest of the world to believe , indeed have insisted on pain of torture and death, that their version of the same story is somehow literally true while others are not. Yeah right. There were atleast 40 writers writing at the time \"Jesus\" was performing miracles and gathering massive crowds litteraly yards away yet none of them ever record any writings about a guy named Jesus. Somewhat strange don\'t you think Jambat? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

why don\'t you put a sock in it and do us all a favour and read some David Icke books and open your pathetic, closed little mind!!!!!

**DONOTDELETE**

Okay, okay.
    I\'m not even in this discussion in any way, but I don\'t think it\'s going anywhere positive.

We\'re each going to have our own opinions, and that\'s fine. If everyone has the same opinion, I\'d die of boredom.

But then again, this isn\'t the forum for religious debate - the mother of all wars.
    Let\'s not shoot each other down. Not here anyway. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

So...end, okay?

**DONOTDELETE**

I think you\'re right Titan. I was keeping this on a level of informative and tactical discussion but from the post above I see I\'m making people angry. What is it about Jesus that makes people so mad. I wasn\'t looking to name call or anything like that. I simply wanted to keep the debate open.

I think it\'s sad that we talk about everything here but this one subjects causes some people to lash out. And I can\'t be too close minded because I\'ve heard a lot of this before and have discussed things like this (with less angrier people mind you). It\'s only when you drop something that backs your views up do people get upset. Everything was going along fine until that last post.

Well, whatever. So what\'s been up with you Titian?

**DONOTDELETE**

Thats fine with me, ill drop it also, religion doesn\'t get me angry I was just pointing out contradictions. Just a friendly piece of advice to Jambat, look at both sides of a debate before you decide what evidence is.

Paul c

**DONOTDELETE**

I\'ve looked at Christianity, Judaism, Islam and even Wicca (Witchcraft) and you\'re telling me I haven\'t looked at both sides right? You think that David Ick is new to me? I\'ve looked at both sides but I think I have a right to chose the side I\'m on once I\'ve done that. You\'ve obviously chosen your side too. You think that I haven\'t seen this stuff before and stuff like it. Gimme a frigging break.

Another thing I\'ve been on a friendly level with everyone here, even you, I\'ve been helpful and kind and I think you owe me an apology for the way you snapped at me back there. I am not close minded but I have made my choice and I\'ve done enough research and I\'ve seen too much in my own life. I believe Jesus is Lord and make no excuse for it. And you believe what you believe but you don\'t know me nor do you know what I know or don\'t know.

**DONOTDELETE**

Jambat

How about we just leave this conversation where it is because quite frankly we could trade arguments and counter arguments until the cows come home. How about we agree to differ? that way we respect each of our individual views and everyone is happy!

Paul c

Phero Enthusiast

I\'m supprised that this topic is still here. If this topic was in the last couple of forum ago this could have been deleted. Bruce does not like this kind of argument (Bible stuff)for many reasons. I know this is one topic he dosen\'t like to talk about and politics.

travis

Hey Scientist,
    Thanks for your thoughts a long way back. I\'ve been there in that situation and
    I and my daughter are still paying for it.
    WR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information