Close

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Stranger

Post Memoirs of a newbie

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi,

allow me to introduce myself. I'm a (male) college freshman in NY, Asian, 5'7", average looks, maybe a little

overweight but certainly not fat. All my life, I've been suffering from the LJBF syndrome. Actually, it's been

more of a WAGG but LJBF. Girls are always telling me how nice, smart, interesting and multi-talented I am, but never

show any romantic interest in me. For many years now, I've been toying with the idea of using synthetic pheromones,

but I was always skeptical about their effectiveness, and I (and my friends) kept telling myself "be patient, and

one day someone will be attracted to your natural charm." Well, guess what? I've been as patient as I can, and that

never happened. Then, about two weeks ago, the girl I've been really interested in since I first met her early in

the semester, and who gave me WAGG but LJBF about a month before that when I told her I liked her, started going out

with a guy who almost all my female friends agree is less attractive than me in both looks and personality and is,

to quote some of them, "really weird and annoying". I wept for a bit, and then decided that enough was enough, and

that my days of rejection were over. A week ago, I ordered the freebie pack.

One concern I've always had about

the validity of "hits" posted on this forum is that the fact that we're here shows that we either believe or want

to believe in the power of synthetic pheromones, and that might impair our objectivity to some degree. Therefore,

I've tried to temper myself with a good bit of skepticism.

---

Note: On all the days mentioned below, I wore

Alessandro Dell'Acqua cologne, which I normally use, in addition to the pheromone gels.

DAY 1
    I applied about

1/4 unscented SOE gel on my neck and a little on my wrists. I'm usually on very friendly terms with lots of girls

so it's hard to tell if they were friendlier than usual. A few of them might have been just a tad bit more

flirtatious than usual but I can't be certain.

DAY 2
    I applied about 1/4 scented Chikara gel on my neck and a

little on my wrists. I spent most of the day alone off campus, and was therefore surrounded by people I didn't

know. I didn't get any particular attention from any strangers. Back on campus, however, I may have gotten my first

DIHL, but I only caught a fleeting glimpse of it when I turned behind, and it is entirely possible (and probable)

that her gaze wasn't actually on me. On retrospect, however, the same girl had called out "hi" to me when I passed

by her and her friends on Day 1, which didn't usually happen and I haven't spoken to her much. Coincidence? Or the

effect of 'mones? I don't want to jump to conclusions yet...

DAY 3
    I wore about 1/4 unscented SOE gel with a

small amount of Chikara and TE gel. I may have gotten a little more female attention than usual but again, I can't

be sure. There was a girl who, when she came up from behind me to talk to me, wrapped her arms around my chest and

whispered into my ear. I thought that was a little unusual since we didn't know each other that well, but we were

certainly friends and she was somewhat flirtatious in general, so it's unconclusive.

DAY 4
    I mixed a small

amount of unscented SOE gel with my hair styling mousse, and applied about 1/4 unscented SOE gel with 1/4 TE gel

onto my neck. A few girls whom I was fairly close to may have acted a little closer to me than usual but, once

again, nothing conclusive.

DAY 5 (today)
    I wore about 1/2 scented SOE gel. Again no obvious reactions but I did

get the following conversation with a girl I knew pretty well (slightly modified and abridged):

Me: From now on,

I'm going to be a ladies' man. I'm going to show [that girl who rejected me] that half the girls at this college

want to sleep with me.

She: I do.

Me: (grins) I'll hold you to that.

She: (chuckles) Nah, that would be

awkward, 'cause every time we see each other we'd just be thinking of how great the other night was. Besides,

I've sworn off men. No, not really.

And that was the end of that topic. I didn't get any more attention than

usual from any of my female teachers.

---

I'll continue testing and posting reports. Meanwhile, I've just

ordered a box of Perception gel packs just because it seemed like too good a deal to pass up; I can't wait to start

experimenting with that.

Till next time,
    Valentine's Garden.

Good, keep the scepticism going

but keep a journal too. I strongly urge you to work with a single product at a time as it will give you a better

opportunity to get reliable results. Since you are buying Perception, start with that and run tests to see what it

does and how much you need. I hope it all works out for you.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Interesting read VG!

Now how many of these "coincidences" do you experience normally? I think you've had some great results

already, so you should forget about being sceptic and focus on getting the best results. It can only help for you to

think positive!

Might I add, depending on how bad you want it you should consider doing excercise and

maybe a change of diet in order to lose that extra fat you've got. This is good for you health and you sense of

well being, which in turn increases your self-confidence. In my opinion, this will turn your situation in the

direction you want it; i.e. women starting to show romantic interest. This in combination with the synthetic mones

will be totally dangerous!!

Best of luck!

Stranger

Yes I know, I need to

start working out at the gym. I've been telling myself that, but always found excuses not to (especially not having

enough time, which is very real for me with my crazy schedule, but I guess it's worth sacrificing a bit of social

time for my health). I'll try to find time this week and force myself to go.

Meanwhile, I'll post more results

when the day is over.

You've been approaching mone

use the right way, as a sceptic. Don't jump to conclussions but test them out steadily and methodologically.

You'll get the most reliable results that way.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Well, you've got part of

the formula. Next you need to start working on you! Check out <link Deleted> and sign up for his newsletter; also

some of the <Link Deleted> about working on your "technique”; i.e. not being a wuss, and "cocky and funny". The

~mones will help, but they aren't a magic bullet!

By the way,
    Last edited by belgareth; 11-15-2005 at 11:29 AM.
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Stranger

I've read some issues

of David de Angelo's newsletter, but they all seem to be blatant and somewhat empty promotions for his "Double Your

Dating" e-book. Have you read it and/or found it to be useful, Mtnjim?

About being "cocky" and stuff, I have said

to some of my female friends before, "you know, I'm sick and tired of being the nice guy who never gets the girls.

Maybe I should just become an asshole and girls will come flocking to me." And the most common reply was something

along the lines of "oh no, you're one of the nicest persons I know, don't do that because then you won't be

yourself and nobody will like you for it." Well, what I'm thinking is maintaining the "nice guy" image (which is

probably natural for me anyway) but amping up my sexual confidence and boosting that with 'mones. One thing to

remember is that I'm in a fairly small college and thus I'm always surrounded be people I know. In addition, most

of my good friends are female. It would be a bad idea to suddenly turn into someone I'm not and risk turning them

away from me.

Banned User

Default David D's material

Alot of his

earlier material is dead on but it's very raw information and can be hard to apply.

Subscribe to his

newsletter, he does promote his product just about every newsletter and he does use emails from his students as

plugs but in almost every dating tip or newsletter there's a lesson to be learned if you aren't a ladies man.

His products about inner game and his interview series stuff can be extremely effective. He doesn't focus on just

techniques and lines, he's all about inner game and getting yourself right as much as any technique.

Get the

newsletter, and if your really cheap just download some of his stuff off of something like limewire or a p2p

program. Some of it sucks or won't make sense early on but there is alot of valueble information in it.

Derek

Vitalio is pretty similar and he takes basically the same outlook with women as David D but he's got his own

style.

Some of their products are ok, other's will teach you alot and make alot of stuff click. I can tell by

reading some of the people's posts here that they're students of David D or some other guru in one form or

another. It's obvious.

They'll help you grow as a person and help you with women if you have the patience.

I don't know about Derek Vitalio, but David D offers money back guarantees on alot of his stuff. Better

guarantees than just about everyone. I was reading some of his stuff and I forgot what it was he was promoting, but

he was giving like 30 days or 3 months or something to learn and apply it, and if it don't work send it back and he

won't charge you. He's got some other one with his ebooks too, tell him it doesn't work or its not for you, and

even though you can't return an ebook he'll refund you.

So with David D's stuff there's no risk and you can

always get your loot back.

This sounds like an obvious plug from the way i'm reading my own post but i've been

reading his ebooks and newsletters and watched a few of his advanced series stuff over the last 4 years and I can

tell you Iwouldn't be the person I am today without it.

Ryan

Journeyman

There's nothing wrong with

being a nice guy. The problem most "nice guys" have is that they're far too passive and give women far too much

power over them. You can be nice, but you still have to be a man.

[img]images/icons/icon1.gif[/img]

" I've read some issues of

David de Angelo's newsletter, but they all seem to be blatant and somewhat empty promotions for his "Double Your

Dating" e-book."

Of course they aree promotions for his book, but if yor read some of the answers to the

questions, they can provide hints.

"About being "cocky" and stuff..."

The important part is the AND FUNNY

part!

Of course you can remain the "nice guy" your female friends like, if you only want females as

"friends".

And NO, never become an A-hole!!
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow
    There's nothing wrong with being a nice guy. The problem most "nice guys" have is that they're

far too passive and give women far too much power over them. You can be nice, but you still have to be a

man.
    And that's what I'm going to be from now on.

We've about beat the subject

of nice guys to death on this forum. Some people regard a nice guy as a wimp who acts like a supplicant and lets

women walk all over him. Don't ever do that. MntJim said it well when he said to never become an a**hole. But you

can still stand up and act like a man while being a nice guy.

Thomas Jefferson

Phero Pro

Here is a big RED FLAG, based on

your reporting of your convo's with the women you mentioned.

You talk to them like you are one of their

Girlfriends. You don't converse with women about your emotional needs and problems with women.

I'm not

going to tell you any specifics or direct you to any seduction products. However, just based on your posts, it

really seems you need a much better way of relating to women. For a women to see you in a romantic light, you need

to project the image of a MAN. Not another one of her chick friends.

Oh and P.S. Try to find some male

friends and hang around less with your female buddies. Hopefully soon you'll get it.

Banned User

1) Find the gym even if you

have to go to bed a little earlier to get up earlier.
    2) Have one of your little "girl" friends go clothes shopping

and help you pick out a couple new things to wear that are stylish.
    3) Get dating e-book by Carlos Xuma (Explains

things much better than David with less chance to misunderstand without having to buy his dvd for 300 bucks which is

why he is so vague in ebook cause he is more a marketing guru than a dating guru)
    4) Start slowly experimenting

with mones to find the right thing for you. Start with None....If you need a lot of it start experimenting with none

heavy or dark mones....if girls seem to not respond or get mean or quiet or nothing and you can use very

little.....experiment more with the white mones to find your combo
    5) Most important take action and go for what

you want....dont act like their little gay friend if what you want is romantic interest from a girl. The longer she

has to get comfortable with you in her life as a friend....the weirder it will be for her when you finally get up

the balls to make a move.

About being "cocky" and

stuff, I have said to some of my female friends before, "you know, I'm sick and tired of being the nice guy who

never gets the girls. Maybe I should just become an asshole and girls will come flocking to me." And the most common

reply was something along the lines of "oh no, you're one of the nicest persons I know, don't do that because then

you won't be yourself and nobody will like you for it."
    They may like you, but they are talking about

liking you as a friend. Just look at the types of guys that those women actually go out with or just have sex

with.

I wouldn't be really nasty to people though, that's not exactly constructive. Just focus on being really

fun to be around while not seeking approval of those around you.

Girls will have sex and relationships with a

confident man, not one of their friends. That is the essence of LJBF. There's nothing wrong with having female

friends though, or being a good person.

I'm not a "student of David D" but I have seen some of his stuff out of

curiosity.
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

Man of La Pancha

I'm copying and pasting this

quote from one of my old posts, and if you want to read the whole argument I've made, do an advanced search for

"Nice Guy" with "Pancho1188" as the person whose posts you are looking to read. To sum it up for you, though, there

is the nice guy, the asshole, and the real man. A "nice guy" is nice but usually lacks confidence,

assertiveness/aggressiveness, or masculine/sexual presence. An "asshole" has confidence but earns it/keeps it by

putting others down or being ignorant or mean. A "real man" can be confident without putting others down or

insulting people. The "assholes" get more chances with the ladies than the "nice guys" because confidence trumps

kindness. You can have the best of both worlds, though, with the "real man" attitude.

Watch the movie

The Mask (although I'm sure many have already seen it). It's a movie about---whodathunkit---a "nice guy"

who actually writes an article called "Nice Guys Finish Last" in the movie. He won't stand up for himself to his

boss, he won't do anything to advance his life in any way, but he's a hell of a nice guy (and I believe people

tell him that in the movie). He then finds the mask and becomes a "jerk". Then, he finds out that he doesn't need

the mask to become a real man, and *poof* he makes the transition from "nice guy" to "jerk" to "real man" all in one

movie.

Stranger

That's an excellent

analogy, Pancho1188. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Meanwhile...

DAY 6
    Nothing much to report. I was ill so

I spent most of my time alone in my room. I applied about 1/4 Chikara gel to my neck in the morning, came back and

took a nap, then because I was worried that I may have rubbed off most of the 'mones onto the bed, I added about

1/8 TE gel. I took another nap in the late afternoon so I'm not sure how much of the 'mones remained when I went

out again in the evening. One girl (another good friend) may have seemed to consistently stand a little closer to me

than usual, but nothing remarkable happened.

Incidentally (and this is a general report, not just for today), it

is possible that the 'mones may be having a positive effect on my gay roommate, though there are no clear

indications and he knows that I'm straight so it's unlikely that he would show any obvious signs.

The problem here is everybody has

a different definition of what a "nice guy" is. To some, a nice guy is a dickless doormat lacking direction and

personality, kissing up to everyone around him and begging for mercy. To me, that's a description of a spineless

coward. He is not nice and doesn't qualify as a man (maybe a cockroach). To me, nice guys have mamas that taught

them manners, to be fair and to consider the rights and feelings of others before their own needs. However, he can

still be a man and stand up for what he believes, be confident, sucessful, think for himself and take no prisoners

in life's mission. Now a young man acting cocky is shouts "I am immature, insecure and self-centered." He appears

needy because he's trying too hard to be the man he wished he were...

Now I consider myself a nice guy.

I'm sensitive, caring, witty, educated, vain (!) and well mannered. I do get regular poon and sometimes from places

I shouldn't tread (e.g., students and wives of associates). I guess I'm a nice guy because I hate to hurt the

feelings of a succulent piece of ass! I have lots of female friends I can talk to about "sensitive" topics like

feelings or sex. I guess you might call it "girl talk." Anyway, my male friends usually hate talking about those

sorts of things. In my experience, talking about "sensitive" topics with women tends to bring them closer to me.

They gotta trust you bigtime to talk about their pussies or sexual techniques. Many times such conversations lead to

"show 'n tell" and eventually "friends with benefits" sex. Many women have told me it was my gentle nature and

intimate conversation that turned them on. I was merely being myself and didn't care if I got in their pants.

However, I could see where some guys could come off as being a perv or worse if they lacked conversational skills.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Banned User

You might want to try out some of

Gegogi's combonations and dosages if you get the opportunity. I hate generalizing, but the fact that you are asian

and seem to be women's friends more than anything else and believe you come off as a nice guy would indicate you

probably need to crank up the TE(Anone). A nice ratio of TE to SOE might be just right for you. Make sure you use

less SOE than TE so that you keep it a sexual mix rather than primarily friendly since you've got that down pat

without mones.

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi
    The

problem here is everybody has a different definition of what a "nice guy" is. To some, a nice guy is a dickless

doormat lacking direction and personality, kissing up to everyone around him and begging for mercy. To me, that's a

description of a spineless coward. He is not nice and doesn't qualify as a man (maybe a cockroach). To me, nice

guys have mamas that taught them manners, to be fair and to consider the rights and feelings of others before their

own needs. However, he can still be a man and stand up for what he believes, be confident, sucessful, think for

himself and take no prisoners in life's mission. Now a young man acting cocky is shouts "I am immature, insecure

and self-centered." He appears needy because he's trying too hard to be the man he wished he were...
    Thanks, Gegogi! My thoughts exactly. I certainly don't consider myself a spineless coward. As a good

musician who knows it, I definitely have confidence both on and off the stage. I realize, however, that I need to

drum it into my subconscious that girls find me irresistable, and let that show through in my interactions with

girls -- a different kind of confidence that I still need to develop.

Banned User

Ok....you have a great

plan.....if for some reason that does not come together for you.....you can re-read the thread with all the advice

and go from there. Go Get em!

Phero Enthusiast

Exclamation Dude, find a good Meisner (acting) teacher and take Meisner tech 1

This acting method will beat the pants off any book or tape your money can buy.

In the hands of a good meisner teacher you will find out very quickly where your skill level is at, how to be

uncomfortable as hell and stay loose about it, how to keep a conversation moving... meisner training gives you no

place to hide, it forces you to work off the other player's energy and forget your own stupid gig... the massive,

grotesque, wildly fucked up mistake that these How-To courses make is they teach it like wretchedly bad acting

teachers teach people how to be wretchedly bad actors, like a simple formula that you memorize and then try to pull

off the formula, if you tried that on stage you'd be boo'd off in 10 minutes of making a total fool of yourself...

meisner is unique in that there is no formula, you have to be totally responsive and alive to the finest shifts in

energy from the other person and know how to track those shifts and work with them. it is a powerful skill that is

totally transparent, nobody sees or feels you doing meisner, it is absolutely invisible, there anre no lines, no

hooks, no moves, no pathetic NLP schticks (speaking as one who went through an extended NLP phase with the real

dudes a quarter century ago)... meisner is pure energetic attunement, it is hard and frustrating to learn, you'll

feel like an idiot for months as you study it, then when it starts to click in, you'll be thinking, what the F?

Where did that come from ? It was so effortless, so natural, like breathing, pure second nature... just do the

legwork and find a good (translation: relentless, intuitive, powerful ,respected in the industry, demanding, cuts

your bullshit no slack) meisner teacher... and beware of the legions of phonies that, heeeeock, "teach acting"...

it's the purest path there is...

I've taken several acting

working shops and they were extremely helpful in tweaking my verbal/body/facial communication skills.

Dale Carnegie courses are good

for that too.

Thomas Jefferson

Banned User

If an acting workshop is

teaching you how to act...how does it help you in the real world though? Are you allowed to act any persona

including of yourself? I dont get it....At first it sounded very exciting...but now that I have found out it is

nothing more than acting class I wonder the merit of how it can help you in the real world with better social skills

when it is teaching you to become a character....and yes....I took acting class and loved it to death....but helping

you with women? I just dont understand....

Banned User

Default James Bond Crash Course

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9
    How about a class that teaches you how to act like jame bond and pull it off..that would be

cool.
    We cant shoot bad guys or blow things up but here is a crash lesson on how YOU can be like James

Bond:

1) Be laid back and calm no matter what...maybe even humorous

2) Learn how to communicate in metaphors

and in a nonverbal way with the ladies so that you can be talking about anything but turning them on and making them

think of you in the right way.
    3) Be a man
    4) Take care of her

Phero Enthusiast

Exclamation Note carefully ! Was it a Meisner class ? Was the teacher exceptional ?

having survived some damn awful bad acting classes in search of the real

deal... point 1, yes, there are real deal teachers out there, and they're the ones who make you really

uncomfortable and demand you work right down to your core and point 2, those teachers are very unpopular with losers

and phonies because losers and phonies can't take the heat unless they make the conscious choice to get past their

loser-phony facades and take responsibility for their own existences at a deeper level, and point 3, these teachers

are also most respected at being able to to generate real results because they will only work with real energy, and

point 4, only real energy is going to score in the outer world so you might as well learn how to cultivate it or get

used to riding in the cattle car, and point 5, there are more than too many lame losers who have figured out a nice

little cash generating racket peddling their sad excuses for "acting classes"... if that's all you ever

experienced, you might think that's the real McCoy when it never was Jack and never was intended to be...... you

have to do your homework and sniff out the good stuff, then be prepared to work your sad ass ragged, 'cause that

focus and committment and ability is what other people instinctively get about you when they size you up, which,

trust me, they do non-stop.

Banned User

sooooo....I guess what you are

saying is that if you find the right acting teacher he will teach you to be able to put your true energy into

everything you do right down to the smallest subtle movement....right?

"...I wonder the merit of

how it can help you in the real world with better social skills when it is teaching you to become a character....and

yes....I took acting class and loved it to death....but helping you with women? I just dont

understand....
    Acting and music performance have taught me how to precisely control and project feelings

and persona. As a performer I must step on stage and, no matter how I feel, convince an auduence my feelings are

genuine. Once I have their confidence--and that often takes as little as a few seconds--I can manipulate their

emotional responses. In everyday life this means, regardless of how I feel about a person or situation, I can create

and project an image of myself I actually desire.

Performance classes do not teach you how to think and solve

problems. You won't learn how to close a business deal or pickup women at the market. That's up to you. However,

performance training helps give you the discipline and basic techniques to carry out your plan. For example I often

have to speak and perform in front of hundreds, sometimes thousands of people. I'm often told how relaxed and

confident I appear. However--like many performers--I'm actually scared shitless but have learned to protray a

confident and authoritative persona. And, yes, I can turn it on and off like a light switch.

Phero Enthusiast

Wink that's kind of the deal, you learn to be comfortable with discomfort

a real acting class will make you really uncomfortable, over and over, in

hundreds of ways, until you learn to work with discomfort; pressure, awkwardness become you allies, not your

adversary... most wannabees can't get over because they can't take psychological pressure, once the adrenaline

kicks in they fall to pieces.... the best teachers will take you to places where you learn to respond to having all

your most sensitive buttons pushed with elegant social reflexes... you will move from a place of doing to a place of

being, you won't have to consciously do anything, you just hang out and be. Centered Being is the most critical

skill, there's no recipe. Your center has to be very still, perceptive, aware, responsive, quiet, free of a lot of

preconceptions and need to fill the space with excess talk and activity... like, knowing exactly when to stop

talking, exactly where the social edge is, when to let silence do its work at the precise instant, that is fine

skill they few, very few people have without deep training.

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information