Close

Default Gift Atomizer Delivery Volume

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Got my new atomizer with my NPA order. Has anyone measured the delivered volume from one spray from this device? The sprayer for TE and TES was supposed to deliver 0.13 ml. I\'d like to calibrate my NPA/cologne ratios.

Assuming 0.13 ml, then that\'s about 2 to 2.5 drops at 20 drops per ml. If I plan on two sprays for coverage, we\'re talking 5 drops. For a 4:1 cologne to NPA mixture, I\'d be getting one drop of NPA and 4 of cologne. That may be too much cologne but the equivalent of 2 sprays of TE - my target dose.

Therefore, I should either use one spray at 3:2 or dilute with 5 parts vodka to get 4:1:5 and use two sprays and smell like a Gibson martini for awhile.

Does this jive with others\' experiences?

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: Whitehall ]

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Gift Atomizer Delivery Volume

I didn\'t go over the concentrations, but I would try for something besides vodka. At 60% water (and other smelly things) it is not the most desirable. Everclear is most likely to work the best. Also it should evaporate within a minute of so. But, I would get my ratio of phero and aroma down, then cut that with EtOH. Make sure to get the proper amount of phero, cause you can always use unadulterated aroma to get the correct aroma level.

Whitehall,

I\'m pretty sure those atomizers are the same as the ones included in the P10 kits. Stone claims that theirs deliver 65 sprays per 10 ml. So it\'s @.154ml/spray.

I\'ve long questioned the 20 drops per ml. estimate. When using eyedroppers, I\'ve gotten @300 drops into a 5ml bottle! But the drops from the NPA built-in dropper are huge! If you\'re after precise ratios, do yourself a favor and use twin eyedroppers, or a calibrated syringe for measuring. The dropper insert of the NPA pries off very easily and goes back in nicely too.

I too would work with balancing the cologne/NPA ratio to your tastes without adding any dilutants, especially at first. See how the NPA changes the fragrance before introducing another variable. Let it \"steep\" a day or two before committing any quantities to a mix. And start out on the light side on the phero dose. I\'ve had good results with a 5 to 1, Issey/NPA mix, but it all hinges on the intensity of your cologne.

And if you MUST cut it, Walter\'s right, get some Everclear. It\'s twice the alcohol content of vodka, costs about the same, and leaves virtually NO residual scent.
    Happy Mixing! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

20 drops per ml is pretty accurate for water. The surface tension of water plays a part in setting the drop size. I\'ve found that drops of alcohol tend to be larger volume (if you can keep the stuff in the dropper). I don\'t know about oil.

I found some cheap calibrated plastic droppers from sunburst bottles that I\'m going to use to mix my PI and perfume oils.

Laney

Thread Information