Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Realm for Women with NPA?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    After wasting my quadruple pheromone mix (w/ Realm for Women, Jovan Musk2, TE, and AE) because it didn\'t smell good, I\'m thinking of giving another try with a mix of just Realm for Women and NPA or Edge. It should smell OK but sort of feminine. I remember there were some Realm users in the forum. Has anyone mixed Realm with NPA? I\'m motivated to incorporate Realm because it\'s the only product containing androstadienone.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Realm for Women with NPA?

Realm (for women) and NPA is probably the same as JB #1. I\'ve heard the phero content is about the same as APC.

**DONOTDELETE**

I know that one study that found Realm to contain the same amount of -none as APC. However, it makes no sense to me. The makers of Realms calls -none and -nol animal pheromones and claims that their patented androstadienone is the only active ingredient in their product. This dubious figure makes me questions ALL the results from the study.

truth,

Read Realm\'s patent again. They included these supposed \"animal pheromones\" among the potential ingredients for the perfumes THEY sought patent protection for. Makes me question their claims.

Oscar [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

I\'ve tried Realm for Women (RfW) with TE on two ocassions with no hits. Not much of a test, I realize, but the fragrance of RfW is too girlish for my taste, on me, in public. Seemed to cover the TE well enough.

If you\'re agreeable with the fragrance, I\'d encourage you to try the NPA combination again.

As to their patent, I think they synthesized new compounds and patented the synthetics, the application, and their synthesis methods. Their patent could not cover using natural compounds, even in perfumes but did cover mixtures of their compounds with other pheromones and fragrances. They demonstrated, to the satisfaction of the patent examiner, that their new compounds activated neural circuits. Remember that Andron (containing \'nol) preceeded Realm to the market by a couple of years so \"prior art\" could not be covered.

**DONOTDELETE**

But Andron didn\'t contain the substance (androstadienone) they found to activate neural circuits.

truth,

Check those decimal places. Where Realm has been evaluated for whatever pheros it contains (even though you may not agree with the findings), the results were .005% not .05%. PRIMAL\'s concentration is .05%, ten times that of Realm.
    It\'s no wonder your not smelling whatever it is that\'s in there. If you diluted PI to 1/10 of its potency, and added a load of fragrance along the way, even IT probably wouldn\'t smell like pheros either.
    Does Androstadienone have a scent? Realm\'s patent claims would lead one to believe that it does. But at .005%, even skunk juice would be pretty well covered with the right fragrance mix.

As for the A-None and A-Nol being protected under Realm\'s patent, we go back to the issue of naturally occurring substances and specific synthesis issue. If synthesized by Erox\'s patented methods, AND sold incorporated into a fragrance, such products might infringe. Probably be hell proving it though!

The Jovan reference cited a Japanese patent. One WOULD think that Jovan would have applied globally by the time of Berliner\'s application, but believe me, one hand does not always know what the other hand is doing at the Patent Office. Blatantly similar patents ARE granted sometimes. They are, after all, in the business of issuing (read,SELLING) patents! They don\'t make anywhere near as much money on applications that they shoot down! [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, I noticed that part in the beginning. So, are these other products in violation of the patent because they contain even -none and -nol? Confused...

However, if Realm did contain .05% -none, you\'d think there would be an after-smell like other -none products. I don\'t think anyone has reported any.

**DONOTDELETE**

OK, I was thinking 0.05 mg/ml, not 0.05%. However, that\'s still 40% the strength of Edge and about the same strength as mixes containing 7 parts cologne to one part NPA. Most people are still reporting residual pheromone smell after several hours, even with these dilute mixtures.

Thread Information