Close

visit-red-300x50PNG
    It seems you simply need

a tan...on your face!
    A tan makes your body look more lean (no matter the weight) the same applies to your

face.
    Facial tanning cream it's called
    Also if you moisturise the reflection of light is more apparent and brings

out your facial conture (even though the whole metro-sexual idea of Male moisturising seems to go against your cause

here)

Of course millions of folks have

skin that is naturally carmel or brown in tone. I don't think that makes them more masculine than a fair skinned

person.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

If you read the post

properly it says "A tan makes your body look more lean (no matter the weight) the same applies to your face"
    The

operative word being 'look', Masculinity is subjective to your personality, not appearence in any case, however a

tanned person looks older than one without a tan and thus appears more masculine.

WxCloud9xW

The 3-4 day scruff works well

for me. I shave every 3-4 days. Yes, you do run into the problem of kissing with stuble on certain days, but its all

good.

If you read the post

properly it says "A tan makes your body look more lean (no matter the weight) the same applies to your face"
    The

operative word being 'look'...however a tanned person looks older than one without a tan and thus appears more

masculine.
    I live in Hawaii and nearly everybody has dark skin. Everybody. To us, skin color is skin

color and that's it. Many folks are naturally dark whereas some are tanned from outdoor activities. The few folks

with pale skin merely look like they just just arrived in the islands (FOBs). They don't appear older or more

masculine. In fact some of the most feminine and drop dead gorgeous Filipina women are dark as night...

lol......tanks for your

intelligent critique of my post Gegogi

* Now, Hawiian/Filipina people generally have good skin because of their

diet (Omega 3 in fish, fruit, veg etc) since the majority of these people are dark and have very similiar skin tones

than yes....clearly skin color doesn't make one look more or less masculine.

* However 'eisu' who I assumed

is caucasian and the person who started this thread, says he has a baby face.

* Myself (also caucasian) can

associate with him in that i too have somewhat of a baby face which looks less 'baby' when my face is

tanned.
    This could be due to the sub-conscious association people have with pale-white faces and young infants

(Since young caucasian infants generally have pale-white faces).

Hawaii is a melting pot of races

and nationalities. Caucasians are the racial minority here, so connotations concerning skin color are very different

than areas predominately Caucasian. I grew up near a black neighorhood in Seattle and attitudes towards skin color

were very different from both Hawaii and White suburbs. The funny thing I've noticed is dark folk want to appear

lighter while white folks want to be darker.

Incidentally, you're right DJStud: a tan does make you look

older. The weathered look resulting from sun damage easily adds decade or two to hardcore surfers and construction

workers. So, while these guys don't look more masculine to me, the loose winkled skin adds character, albeit sort

of a lizard vibe.

Journeyman

A female perspective on

things....copy style.

If there a celebrity you see who fits your build and baby-faced look, then take a look at

their style and see what worked for them.

It may not always work, but it gives you a start. You can slowly adapt

it into your own style once you get the basics. There are so many ways to approach it: long hair, or stubble, or

mature clothes, whatever. Study other people and see what you can use.

I have a HORRIBLE baby face (I

recently was encouraged to shave my goatee to get a job... I don't think it helped much considering I'm still

unemployed). So I've grown back a goatee, and for now I'm going to keep the "chin" part short, but as soon as I

can I'll grow out the chin part (a-la dimebag darrel ex-pantera/damageplan) again. I keep my hair pretty short

these days despite having long hair in the past. One day I might grow it out again. I do think that facial hair

does help with the baby face syndrome, because before I shaved my goatee off, I never got carded for booze anywhere,

but the instant I did, I was carded left and right, even at places where they didn't card me before and recognized

me without my goatee.

MB
    "You are a sick f*ck, but I wouldn't have you any other way. "
    ~Becca

Facial hair is a male secondary

sexual characteristic. Style it to your choice.

It's interesting, but I was

originally a "rounded face clean shaven sort." Then I started doing some college dramatics acting, and almost every

role I was cast for they stuck a moustache on me... so I took the hint and grew one. Does wonders for helping

"balance" out the facial features.

Facial hair is a cause of discrimination in some instances. Like it's taboo

if you want to get a job at Disneyland (or has been in the past). What is in some way funny is that in some cultures

if you ain't got at least a big hairy 'stache you ain't "a man." And times change too. In old photos of early

20th century US of A businessmen just about everyone (male...) in the picture sported a nose caterpiller at the very

least.

I'm old enough to "do what I please" now (to acceptable degree depending on situation and how I feel).

Don't like the fuzz? Too bad.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

I've worn a beard and

moustache since I got out of the army almost thirty years ago. Some women won't date a man with a beard, employers

often look down on an applicant with one and many people seem to see them as unclean. On the other hand my facial

hair is course enough that unless I shave every few hours my clean shaved face could be used for a wood rasp. Women

really don't appreciate it when you give them skin rashes in senitive or visible places and that happened a lot

before I grew my beard.

It seems to be a break even with women. Some love beards and some hate them. Like Rbt

says, don't like it? Too bad.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, I sport a beardo as well.

Had it since high school (helped me buy beer when underage). Don't grow that well on the sides (gotta do a comb

over) but the French tickler part is full. I don't care what women think about my beard anymore but I keep it

trimmed and clean. However, if she insists I shave I might if she shaves her kitty in exchange, otherwise no cigar

mama.

A dirty beard? Right under your

nose and around your mouth? Yuck! I can't think of too many things more disgusting.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Women are more attracted to men

that have strong or exagerated masculine features (heavy brow, square jaw, deep set eyes, etc) right around the time

when they are ovulating. The rest of the month they tend to be more attracted to men that are slightly more

feminine.

The theory is, that they want to have offspring with high testosterone men because these offspring

are more likely to be healthy and reproduce in the next generation (it's called the "sexy baby" theory), but live

with men that are more likely to stick around and help rear the children.

This would explain several things

we see (and wonder at) in life.

Why do women go for the bad boy (at a deep visceral level)? Usually they

display by actions and looks, these high testosterone signs.

Why are approximately 10% - 20% (depending on

the study) of all children not the offspring of the person they think is their father? This is true accross all

cultures, religions and countries. Because women are likely to mate with a man that's not her husband. Depresing

but true.

Our mating choices are not made logically. The part of the brain that is responsible for attraction

is older than the part where logic and rationality happens.

Phero Pro

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    Women are more

attracted to men that have strong or exagerated masculine features (heavy brow, square jaw, deep set eyes, etc)

right around the time when they are ovulating. The rest of the month they tend to be more attracted to men that are

slightly more feminine.

The theory is, that they want to have offspring with high testosterone men because

these offspring are more likely to be healthy and reproduce in the next generation (it's called the "sexy baby"

theory), but live with men that are more likely to stick around and help rear the children.

This would

explain several things we see (and wonder at) in life.

Because women are likely to mate with a man

that's not her husband. Depresing but true.

Our mating choices are not made logically. The part of the brain

that is responsible for attraction is older than the part where logic and rationality happens.

More jibberish. Not only do you contradict yourself in the above statements,

but your assesment of attraction dosen't work either. Women are far more pragmatic in their choice of

relationships. You don't think that logic and rational thinking plays a part in their decision process? WOW! Most

of the women I know, are looking for a man who is a good provider, has reasonable intelligence and resourcefulness.

And appears to be healthy and mentally well balanced.

Now to your defense, that still leaves a good many

women who make irrational mating choices for a myriad of silly reasons. But you seem to think women are well below

human when it comes to attraction that is a normal part of life for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by tounge
    More jibberish.

Not only do you contradict yourself in the above statements, but your assesment of attraction dosen't work either.

Women are far more pragmatic in their choice of relationships. You don't think that logic and rational thinking

plays a part in their decision process? WOW! Most of the women I know, are looking for a man who is a good provider,

has reasonable intelligence and resourcefulness. And appears to be healthy and mentally well balanced.

Now

to your defense, that still leaves a good many women who make irrational mating choices for a myriad of silly

reasons. But you seem to think women are well below human when it comes to attraction that is a normal part of life

for most people.
    When I say attraction, I'm not refering to the rational choice women make in long

term mates. Women will choose the best provider she can attract as her long term mate. What you refer to as

pragmatic is just another millions of year old survival technique, it is neccessary for individuals and thier

offspring to survive.

The attraction I'm talking about is that visceral, "I know this guy is bad for me and

will screw up my life for a while but I can't stay away form him" type. If you don't think there are guys out

there that can cause this reaction in almost every woman, no matter how happy her long term relationship, you're

naive. This is actually another survival technique, but this is one of with a longer term goal of helping the

species survive. This creates more genetic mixing and creates stronger babies.

I've actually seen this

happen in front of me. I saw a guy (a somewhat famous PUA, who actually isn't a bad boy, he jsut knows what they do

to attract women) totally create attraction in a married woman at a bar to the point that she was squirming. Then at

one point, this look of shock came over her face, she excused herself. I saw her find her unmarried friends and

literally drag them out of the bar. It was obvious that she was so attracted to this guy (and he is far from a great

looking guy), that her rational thought was totally over ridden by her lymbic system.

Way too many people

feel that humans are somehow above our evolutionary behaviors. That our 6000 year old civilization has reached a

point that our institutions (marriage, for example) have somehow over ridden our 5 million year old

evolution.

Read some of the following to be enightened.

The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human

Nature

Sperm Wars: The Science of Sex

The Mating Mind : How Sexual Choice Shaped the Evolution of

Human Nature

Bad Boys: Why We Love Them, How to Live With Them, When to Leave Them

More

gibberish!

http://www.newsroom.ucla.edu/page.asp?RelNum=6713

New research from UCLA and the

University of New Mexico suggests that members of "the gentler sex" may have evolved to cheat on their mates during

the most fertile part of their cycle — but only when those mates are less sexually attractive than other

men.

"Women know they have attractions that come and go, but they probably don't realize that these urges

are tied to their cycle — as well as our evolutionary past," said Martie G. Haselton, a UCLA researcher and author

of two new studies on the subject. "They just know that suddenly one day they're attracted to their hunky neighbor

or handsome co-worker."

"Since our female ancestors couldn't peer into a potential partner's genetic

makeup, they had to base their decisions on physical manifestations of the presence of good genes and the absence of

genetic mutations, which include masculine features such as a deep voice, muscular body, dominant behavior and sexy

looks," Haselton said. "So we still feel drawn to these visible markers for what at least in the past proved to be

indicators of good genes. Ancestral women who were attracted to these features produced offspring who were more

successful in attracting mates and producing progeny. The legacy of the past is desire in the

present."

http://health.yahoo.com/news/142811

Women who feel an urge for sex outside of

their marriages might be hearing an evolutionary call to improve the species.

New research suggests that

during ovulation, when women are ready to conceive, nature may encourage them to look beyond their male partners for

a better gene pool, but only if they don't find their mates sexually attractive.

"The mating market is

driven by supply and demand, and therefore not all women will attract long-term mates offering good genes," the

study authors stated. Women innately deduce that a man they find sexy has better genes to pass on to a

baby.

"Ancestrally, these women may have benefited from a strategy in which they secured investment from a

long-term mate and obtained genetic benefits from extra-pair partners," the study added.

Study co-author

Steven W. Gangestad, a psychologist at the University of New Mexico, said studies he has worked on have shown that

women prefer men whose faces, voices, odors and demeanor are deemed masculine. It makes sense then that they should

be particularly inclined toward such men when they are ovulating, particularly if their usual partner is something

less than a 10 on the stud scale.

Phero Enthusiast

Hair lenght is highly

individual.
    Im one of the lucky few with a sharp-cut-elf-like face, so I can afford to have the waist-long hair I

have (I look like a native american, though Im not one, which is a Good Thing In Europe Where Being Native American

Doesnt Mean Youre A Minority Some Stupid People Dont Like. Its just considered romantical here.). Short hair is a

safe bet, long hair is original and you need to play your cards well. With long hair, personality makes a HUGE

difference. Your attitude alone decides whether you come across as a pharaoh or a sissy loser who probably wears

garters underneath his jeans.

Flabby baby face can sorta be helped by choosing a proper beard style. Sharp-cut

sideburns and a goatee can do wonders even if you look like a globus.
    Working out is a possibility too, and one to

be preffered. Baby face is usual a sign of a rather padded physique, so get in shape and your face will lose fat

too.

On the issue of short hair again, I always, ever, totally, prefer uniqueness. Im kinda shocked when theres

200 guys at the club with the identical short-with-kinda-raised-front haircut, unremarkable jeans and t-shirt and

the "can i buy you a drink" attitude being all surprised they have little to no luck with women, or having luck only

with their female attack of the clones counterparts.
    Be unique! Its always better to dye your hair green, wear a

tartan kilt and a candy necklace (exagarating) than jeans and a tshirt like everybody else.
    Personality=number one

women attraction factor.

A beard (sans spacesuit) usually

lends a masculine overtone to one's aura - especially if you've got a shiny head. But they don't look good on

everyone and some women don't like facial hair.

They do help mask a babyface,

though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh
    Be unique! Its always better to dye your hair green, wear a tartan kilt and a candy

necklace (exagarating) than jeans and a tshirt like everybody else.

Agreed - as long as

they're "you."

There's something to be said for congruence between appearance and attitude. If you don't

feel comfortable in the tartan kilt and candy necklace, you'll come across like Kip Dynamite in a Lemmy Kilmister

suit. In which case, you're better off going with the jeans and t-shirt.

Personality=number one women

attraction factor.
    Nothing enhances them masculine features like personality.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Phero Enthusiast

Yeah, clothes kind of express

personality, and if the clothes and personality dont match, people notice, and you feel uncomfortable

yourself.

A part of my taste in clothing and hairstyling might be that I am a rather wildcat personality

plunging headfirst into the biggest absurdity available and wondering why it works a lot better than being

reasonable and organised.

If you ask me, everybody is playful, unique and plain wacky down there. Its just

various degrees of inhibitions. Social conditioning, peer pressure, need to fit in, approval seeking...that all just

needs to go.

Somebody is a tartan kilt with a candy necklace. But I would bet that NOBODY is a plain tshirt

and jeans. Thats just a socially neutral uniform saying "Im afraid to be myself, please dont hurt me".

A part of my taste

in clothing and hairstyling might be that I am a rather wildcat personality plunging headfirst into the biggest

absurdity available and wondering why it works a lot better than being reasonable and

organised.
    Right, it's an outward manifestation of your personality - not a gorilla or clown costume

that you're using to cover up weaknesses or deficiences.

You see a lot of people who dye their hair crazy

colors and they just don't look the part. They wear it self-consciously and it comes off as "look at me! look at

me! I'm a freak! See?" Incongruency sends out a really weird vibe.

There's a fine line between an honest

expression of the inner you and shallow cries for attention, and unless you're Sanford Meisner, most people can

tell the difference straightaway.

At the end of the day, it's best to do what you think makes you look

your best and represents who you are. Don't be set on a handlebar mustache or funky glasses or skate rat

swag if it directly contradicts your demeanor or doesn't compliment or add anything positive to the overall

picture.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Phero Enthusiast

Yeah.

People dress strange

because they're strange OR because they want to be perceived as something they're not.

Equally, people dress

like everybody else either because they're unremarkable (not that common IMO) or because its socially safe and

provides some shelter, or because theyre just plain lazy. Which is fine I guess. For some people..

Or they dress plainly because

they simply don't care about clothing.

Thomas Jefferson

Phero Enthusiast

Or that.

I prefer naked

myself.

Or that.

I

prefer naked myself.
    Same here.

My point is that my preferred attire is jeans or shorts and

a tee shirt under most conditions because I dress strictly for my comfort the majority of the time. Some people

don't dress for show but because they have too. Then they dress for themselves and in my case personal comfort

comes first whenever possible

Thomas Jefferson

Phero Enthusiast

In my case, "comfort" is defined

by social feedback rather than physical sensation, so I feel more comfortable in something that is a bit itchy on

the back but makes people go "woaaah cool outfit" than in something that fits perfectly but gets me the "is that guy

homeless?" looks.
    Im a narcissist too, though

Of course, its always best to get stuff thats extremely

comfortable AND looks good...

A pair of really really nice

shoes and then trashy clothes. Sends the message "I know how to dress good but im too cool/lazy to care".

Frankly, I don't care what my

attire says about 90% of the time. Tennis shoes are comfortable so I wear them most the time when I can't get away

with sandals of bare feet. The only time I care about it is when I need to wear a suit. Those are very nice.

Thomas Jefferson

Phero Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by seduceme
    A pair of really

really nice shoes and then trashy clothes. Sends the message "I know how to dress good but im too cool/lazy to

care".
    Yeah, figures. Im kinda wearing the opposite ATM, Diesel jeans and shoes that fall apart .

Im VERY picky when it comes to shoes, and havent seen a nice pair in a year or so, so thats why.

Thread Information