Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default I need help with mixing

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Pretty soon i am going to begin mixing my pheros. This is my first time, and i would like some help on how its done. I have APC - NPA - AFA - AE. I will be mixing them with oil based fragrances (except for the AE, and APC) I need to know what supplies to get. Please respond with what works best for you.

(ex. sizes of jars to use, how many to buy)

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: sean ]

Default Re: I need help with mixing

sean,

When you say oil based fragrances, are you referring to E-oils or fragrance oils or pre-mixed oil based scents? How concentrated a scent you start, with will determine what supplies you need.

Oscar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

when i say oil based fragrances i am referring to perfume oils.
    http://thefragranceshop.com

sean,

If you\'re planning to end up with a sprayable product, you\'ll want to turn the oils into a cologne-strength fragrance. For this you\'ll need Everclear and distilled water.

**DONOTDELETE**

what about keeping it as-is? I was planning on adding some NPA to the oils and applying it that way. Do you see any problem with that? If so please let me know.

sean,

If your planning to come up with a dab-on product, it\'s not too much of a problem. I\'d guess that if you mixed the oil and NPA at 1 to 1 you MIGHT have something workable.

The instructions you get with NPA suggest a 4 to 1, or 5 to 1 mixing ratio, as I recall, but this is for COLOGNE! Your oil is probably 5 or 6 times as concentrated as cologne. So you\'ll want to use a LOT less of it.

The reason that cologne and perfume makers add alcohol and water to their fragrance oils isn\'t because they want to cheat the buyer. They\'re not ripping you off by selling you a \"diluted\" scent as some of the knock-off oil sites would lead you to believe. They\'re selling what WORKS BEST!

The alcohol in perfumes and colognes dilutes the fragrance so it can be sprayed. It also aids in the scent\'s diffusion. And they add water to help mellow the scent and aid in its longevity. If you were to apply a full spray from an atomizer of un-cut fragrance oil, your scent would be overpowering!

If your planning on spraying your end product, you will want to dilute it, or people will smell you coming a mile away! If you\'re going for a dab-on, be careful, at the concentration of fragrance oil, there\'s a SLIM margin of error before overloading! This is why I would recommend diluting the oil to a cologne-level concentration.
    15%-20% Fragrance Oil, 70%-85% Ethanol, 5%-10% Distilled Water.
    Whichever road you choose, make SMALL experimental batches, so if it sucks, you\'ll not have wasted much product.

Thread Information