Close

Wink funny story with a moral

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Some months back

I was shopping in the mall and stopped in a nearly empty clothing store, Club Monaco. I saw a cute little blonde in

the distance, and noticed her looking right at me. After a moment of eye contact, she looked away. Was she

interested? No, no doubt just an employee wondering if I needed help, I thought. I went on about my shopping and

left. Much to my surprise, I later saw her leave from the same store with another girl. Not an employee then.

Perhaps she'd just seen me looking at her...she was pretty cute, after all...and was wondering if I was some weird

stalker. Whatever; I put it out of my mind.

That evening I got on instant messenger, and a few minutes later

got a message from a girl whose IM name I didn't recognize.
    "Were you just at the mall?" she

asked.
    "Umm...yes...do I know you?" I was feeling a bit apprehensive.
    "This is Jen. I saw you at Club Monaco

earlier, and I was blatantly staring at you trying to figure out if it was you, until you gave me a funny look and I

looked away."
    It turns out she was a girl I'd talked to a little online a year earlier, and she somehow recognized

me from my single picture long before. She was now using a different IM name and looked nothing like her picture.

The moral? I was reading some posts of hit reports, and this event came to mind. What it told me was this: I'm a

very poor judge of interest and intentions in strangers, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. When determining the

effectiveness of pheromones, we are probably vastly under or overstating them, or a combination of the two depending

on circumstance. From my end I figured she either wanted to help me out as part of her job, or was worried that I

was some creepy guy staring at her. From her end she was "blatantly staring at me" and was too shy to approach and

ask if I was who she thought I was.

Let it be a lesson to you -- your judgement of the effectiveness of your

pheromones is biased and faulty. (or, at least mine is I'm probably of the type to underestimate them)

Very, very true. It's even

harder for women to estimate the true impact of pheromones. I went to the grocery store a couple of days ago and was

held up in the wine section for about 20 minutes by the wine representative talking up and down about this wine and

that wine and what did I like etc. And .... I wasn't wearing any mones. Had I been wearing them, I might have

attributed it to the pheromones.

Phero Dude

The beautiful thing I have

learned about people is that if you have a friendly approach and you arent afraid...they will usualy at the very

least say "hi,nice weather we are having," if you say hi first.Most people...even men...are taught from an early age

NOT to talk to strangers.As adults,we carry that idea with us as tho we are still vulnerable little children.But

guess what...Im a big boy now and I can take care of myself.And the people I see in public? They are adults too and

are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.Most people wont make first contact...but if you do,they will

almost always respond in a positive way.When someone says hi to you just out of the blue,it tends to make you feel

alittle less isolated.And people like not feeling isolated.Even if they dont react to your pheromones and beg to be

the mother of your many children(as obviously happens to me every day...NOT) they will at the very least smile and

say hi if your approach is well executed and not overly pushy or creepy.I have to admit that in my younger years I

was quite an idiot when it came to dealing with people.Shyness doesnt cut it.never be afraid to walk up to a girl

and say hi...If you falter a few times and end up tripping over yourself...dust yourself off and try

again.Someday,you may end up going to the mall and say hi to the person you will grow old with.It's not worth

passing that opportunity up just because your too shy to say howdy.

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtieGirl
    Very,

very true. It's even harder for women to estimate the true impact of pheromones. I went to the grocery store a

couple of days ago and was held up in the wine section for about 20 minutes by the wine representative talking up

and down about this wine and that wine and what did I like etc. And .... I wasn't wearing any mones. Had I been

wearing them, I might have attributed it to the pheromones.
    well if that is your picture than i

can see why he was extra chatty. if it was me i probably would have suggested a nice wine and dinner to go along

with it. maybe he just couldnt get the nerve to really talk to you..
    i think people do overlook or

misread reactions from mones. without mones, reading whether a person from a distance is staring becuz they are

interested in you or not can be extremely difficult. i think too many people just look for the purely sexual

attraction hits. not everybody is comfortable really showing how they feel.
    me i just look for

the simpler things but then again i dont use mones for sexual benefits

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by tim929
    The

beautiful thing I have learned about people is that if you have a friendly approach and you arent afraid...they will

usualy at the very least say "hi,nice weather we are having," if you say hi first.Most people...even men...are

taught from an early age NOT to talk to strangers.As adults,we carry that idea with us as tho we are still

vulnerable little children.But guess what...Im a big boy now and I can take care of myself.And the people I see in

public? They are adults too and are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.Most people wont make first

contact...but if you do,they will almost always respond in a positive way.When someone says hi to you just out of

the blue,it tends to make you feel alittle less isolated.And people like not feeling isolated.Even if they dont

react to your pheromones and beg to be the mother of your many children(as obviously happens to me every day...NOT)

they will at the very least smile and say hi if your approach is well executed and not overly pushy or creepy.I have

to admit that in my younger years I was quite an idiot when it came to dealing with people.Shyness doesnt cut

it.never be afraid to walk up to a girl and say hi...If you falter a few times and end up tripping over

yourself...dust yourself off and try again.Someday,you may end up going to the mall and say hi to the person you

will grow old with.It's not worth passing that opportunity up just because your too shy to say howdy.

AMEN- ever notice the farther away you go from big cities the nicer more friendlier people get

Thread Information