4/23/05

As I

stated in an earlier post, I intended to test TE at the mall over the weekend. I just got back and I am ready to

give my results:

I leave the house at 9:30. It's a 1 hour drive to the mall. I got a haircut the day before,

sort of a Tom Cruise "Top Gun"-style cut. I'm wearing dress shoes, dark blue jeans, a smoky white T-shirt that says

"Class of 2000"- over that a ninja/dragon style printed rayon shirt. I'm also wearing my silver bracelet and silver

Casio watch(it looks exactly like the one Brosnan wore in Die Another Day). This set is my usual casual set that I

wear when I'm out on the town. As I'm leaving I open a SOE gel pack and apply 2 dabs to my neck, so that I can

get used to it. To me, SOE smells like soap. Sweet, fruity, kinda strong but not over bearing. I've read that SOE

has a narcotic effect, but I don't notice much. I'm trembling with anticipation at the thought of how the day

could go.

At 10:25, I hit town. It's alittle early to go to the mall so I head to my favorite haunt, "Books A

Million". I don't buy from there, but they have a great selection that I can browse through. Sitting in the car I

open the TE gelpack. TE smells like old ladie's perfume (you know what I'm talking about). Musky, deep, strong. I

apply just a small dab behind my ears, and dry my fingers on the collar of my shirt. Then I apply more SOE to my

neck. I hit the store and I'm ready to go to work. Of course, at 10:30am, there's not a crowd in a bookstore.

Nevertheless, I start walking around. I find a few women here and there, and pass closely by them. No reaction. I

stand directly across the aisle from a girl about 20, for about 2 minutes. No reaction. I follow one woman down on

aisle and pass in front of her. I watch behind me for any sign; double-take, stop in track, etc. Nothing. OK, so

maybe bookworms aren't interested. No problem. A little while later its 11, so I leave and head over to the mall.

Before getting out I decide to go all out. I add two good-sized dabs of TE on my neck, and more SOE, this time on

my jawline. I wondered about three applications in under two hours, but I figure if I OD then at least its a sign

it's working. After all, a negative reaction is better than no reaction at all. Also, I've brought along some hand

wipes, so that I can wipe myself down if I get too much on. As I'm walking to the doors, I notice a whole flock of

hotties going in ahead of me. Dang. I start to worry about ODing now. Perhaps I should have a cooldown, just in

case. Once inside I step off into the arcade, my old home away from home. I watch the young kids make a fool out of

themselves on the dancing machine. I'm a big fan of driving and shooting games, so I burn 30 minutes on Cruisin'

Exotica, Harley Davidson Around the World, and some uber-realistic hunting game (who would ever make a pump

rifle??)

11:30. The mall is jumping. I step onto the pavilion and eye the playing field. I'm feeling good. For

once there's alot of young people around. In the next hour and a half, I lap the mall four times. That means I

walked from Dillards to Macy's to Sears and back. Along the way I make sure to stand close to or pass by as many

women as possible, regardless of age or relationship status. I follow the woman through three shops. I feel like a

stalker, so I give her up. I pop over to Waldenbooks. The woman there are always chatty. But today there's no

unusual reaction. I have the girl at Camelot Music show me around(they have a hard to find Techno section), and I

linger around the woman at the Cingular booth. No reaction. No raised eyebrows, no smiling. I did notice some direct

eye contact with some women, but they were no where near me. Finally, I head to Romancing the Stone, a New Age store

that's quickly becoming one of my favorite places. There's a ok-looking girl working the counter. I try to make

small talk but the poor thing was waiting on six custumers simotaneously(sp). I buy a handful of incense and leave.

Still got about 20 minutes to kill, so I head back to the arcade for round 2 with the hunting game. Got my initials

at #13. Out in the car I take a hand wipe and wipe everything off my face, neck, and hands.

12:54. I hit the

movie theater. "Go for broke!" my conscience tells me. I apply HALF of the remainer of the TE gelpack to my neck,

face, and hands.

I came today to watch "Sahara", and the first showing is at 1:00. I step into the cineplex. 5

minutes later, I'm back in the parking lot.

I came today to watch "Sahara", and the first showing is at 2:00.

I glance at my watch. I have an hour to kill, but I don't want to wonder off too far. My eyes fall on Super Target

in the near distance. I grin. Always women there. I apply more TE on the neck before I enter the store. At this

point I can smell myself. True to form, lots of women in Target. Lots of middle-aged women, mommies, and couples,

actually. Oh well, I'm looking for a reaction here, not a immediate relatioship. I lap the store three times, and

by that I mean I go up and down EVERY aisle. I pass here, duck and bob there. No reactions. The only single women I

see are in unapproachable places. There's one in the middle of the lingerie section (Pervert!"Slaps), one in the

baby section (ummm, YIELD), and another in the pillows and bedsheets aisle (are you a queer eye for the-?). Ok, at

this point I'm getting kinda miffed. I'm beginning to think I'll have to strip naked and stick a feather duster

in my butt if I'm going to get any attention from these women. (sorry for the vile image).

I leaved Target

feeling dejected and head back to the movie theater. I apply more SOE and figure, "what the heck? Maybe I'll get a

reaction by people noticing the misty fumes
enamanating from me." I go in, sit down, and watch "Sahara". I

enjoyed it. Nothing happened otherwise.

4:15 I leave, feeling mellowed. (I really love going to the movies,

even though I always go alone). I get on the freeway and head to the Mandarin House for some takeout. I'm their

number one repeat custumer. No women there, so I just hang my head over the fried rice. I need some sympathy food,

so I pile about three pounds of entrees into a small styrofoam container. At $8 for three pounds, you can't beat

it. One way home as I use another wipe, I get really angry/hurt/depressed/confused/all of the above. My biggest

frustration is that I have no one to talk to about this.

So that's my story. Just the facts for now, my

opinions will follow later after I've collected my thoughts and had a pile of pot-stickers.