Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default all these colognes

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Okay so I order a

bunch of Creed and Amouage for men cologne samples three days ago and just got them. I ordered these because I

remember reading thread(s) about them by Mobley and Naughtygirl. So far I like Green Irish Tweed, Vetiver Creed and

Ciel Amouage. All the scents smell good to me except the Amouage Gold - it smells like Indian incense sticks. Either

I got a nose that can't pickup the subtle differences or sniffing all of these colognes today just dulled my sense

of smell:

I wanted to know if mixing NPA changes the scent of Green Irish Tweed or Ciel. I tried it with Ciel

and didn't notice any. Before I go buy a whole expensive bottle of one or the other I'd like to get any feedback

from people who use 2 or more dabs of NPA (or any other product for that matter) and any of the Creed or Amouage

colognes. I can't tell anything - I've read that NPA is supposed to stink but I don't seem to notice it; all I

smell is a slight alcohol smell straight from the bottle then no scent. I use 2-3 dabs by the way. Thanks for any

replies.

Phero Dude

Goodguy, these ultra expensive

colgnes, are they mature smells? would they be appealing to somebody in their early 20's?

TRock

I have the Green

Irish Tweed. The Green Irish Tweed I think is great for a young guy. It reminds me of Curve but with a little

extra in there. I actually bought it from the scentiments website so it wasn't as much as in the store.

Default good for all ages? maybe...

I

agree with the Green Irish Tweed being good for the younger guys. Like I posted before it's one of my top three.

You should buy some samples or go try to get them for free at you local mall if they carry them to see if they're

right for you, TRock. The majority of the Creed scents I got are well balanced enough to for a wide age range, at

least in my opinion. None of them are stuffy or overbearing except the old english leather.

If you want

something that is fairly inexpensive. Try the Axe body sprays. I haven't used them myself. I've only used the

Essence deodorant which is fantastic. If they make the same scent for the body spray I'll buy that for casual

use.

Any suggestions for old farts? Ages

45 on up? Although Ihaven't the foggiest where I can by high-end colognes around here.. I think Old Spice is

considered top shelf...

The best site to buy cologne is

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/

He's got great selection. Everything from the run of the mill stuff

you can get in any department store, as well as the high end stuff (Creed, Amouage, Guerlain). And his prices are

great.

Default bulgari black

i live in new

york city so it's very easy for me to walk over to sephora in soho and have a chance to try any of their enormous

selection of male fragrances without having to interact with a salesperson. this is particularly good since once i

like something i walk a few blocks to chinatown where i can get a full sized tester bottle for half the price.

(tester bottles dont have a fancy box and sometimes don't have a fancy cap. big deal)
    for those of you not lucky

enough to live in new york city i would recommend checking out the scents at a department store and then ordering

online.
    anyway, my big recommendation though is for Bulgary Black (aka bvlgary black). it's marketed as unisex

but it seems much more masculine to me. it's a rich smoky sweet scent that's somehow formulated to last a very

long time on you (i can vouch for that). it's a mature scent and works great on smokers like me.
    as for mixing

with pheromones it works great --though so far i have only used it with pherone's formula m-11 and v-5, which are

not available at love scents.

anyway, go try out, you might like it.

Phersurf: That's where I got my

samples from- very fast delivery.

As for Rbt, like I mentioned before the Creed variations could work for a

multitude of ages. I think you might like the Royal English Leather Creed. It seems to be the one that invokes a

certain mature feel to me.

As the biggest retailers around here

seem to be Wal*Mart and Target, can any of you recommend a store that might have a decent range of testers available

for male oriented colognes? I suspect we have a Sephora or similar somewhere in this state but it's no doubt a day

trip for me... (meaning its going to be miles and miles and miles away.)

Or, who of the on-line sources have

decent sampler packs. One site listed about 50 different colognes (at $1 each) but I wouldn't have a clue as to

where to start, and I'm not sure I want to drop the money and get *all* of them. Then again, maybe that's the only

way to know...

Creed products do sound interesting. And probably smell better than this $2 a gallon stuff at the

local dollar store. :-)

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rbt
    As the

biggest retailers around here seem to be Wal*Mart and Target, can any of you recommend a store that might have a

decent range of testers available for male oriented colognes? I suspect we have a Sephora or similar somewhere in

this state but it's no doubt a day trip for me... (meaning its going to be miles and miles and miles away.)

Sounds like you're even more in the sticks than I am (Yuma, Az). Our "upscale" department

stores are Dillards and Mervyns. I've sampled some stuff at Dillards, though the men's selection of testers seems

small, but the sales girl was helpful. That's where I bought my Ralph Lauren Romance Silver. I think the larger

J.C. Penneys and maybe Sears have fragrance departments, you might try there. I know from walking through it the

Penneys in San Diego has a large fragrance department but I have never stopped to check out the men's selections.

Our local one has a small selection but I haven't seen many testers.

I think for a Sephora, you will have to

go to the big city. The only one I've ever seen is in an upscale mall in San Diego.

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Rbt
    As the biggest

retailers around here seem to be Wal*Mart and Target, can any of you recommend a store that might have a decent

range of testers available for male oriented colognes? I suspect we have a Sephora or similar somewhere in this

state but it's no doubt a day trip for me... (meaning its going to be miles and miles and miles away.)

Or, who

of the on-line sources have decent sampler packs. One site listed about 50 different colognes (at $1 each) but I

wouldn't have a clue as to where to start, and I'm not sure I want to drop the money and get *all* of them. Then

again, maybe that's the only way to know...

Creed products do sound interesting. And probably smell better than

this $2 a gallon stuff at the local dollar store. :-)
    take the day trip into the city. gives you a

reason to be out in public and experiment -mones with hot women. hot women typically tend to live in cities.

depending if you get lucky or not, some sephora stores have gorgeous women.

Rbt:

I ordered my samples

of Creed and Amouage from that one place that you were talking about. The 50 samples of different colognes seems

like a lot. If you search the threads here for colognes you'll find a lot of them listed as samples at

parfumesraffy. For example, I recall someone writingg Burberry Weekend smells good so I would try that. Ten bucks or

so is pretty good to get some fine smelling colgnes (ten dollars is the minimum order I believe). Unfortunately the

Creed samples don't come individually and cost more.

That Green Irish Tweed is some strong stuff! I got a

drop of two on my hand last night and I can still faintly smell it. I think it's best suited when your in a place

with a lot of other scents competing with yours.

I've tried NPA with some of the colognes, and I'm happy

to notice no discernable differences in scent from wearing the cologne alone.

Phero Dude

marc jacobs colgne is pretty good.

if you're looking for recommendations.

if you do go to sephora you can get alot of free stuff from them. they

have tons of freebies you just have to ask. if you're going to get free stuff don't forget sephora has stuff for

your face and body too. is it true that most guys don't moisturize their face?

There are also a few reputable

vendors on eBay who sell sample vials and decants of good stuff fer cheap.

Just picked up some 1/3 decants of

Villoresi Incensi and Yerbamate, Creed Royal Scottish Lavender, L'Artisan Patchouli

Patch
    and CdG Kyoto. (EBay rocks.)
    Last edited by Holmes; 04-16-2005 at 02:48 PM.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes
    There are also a few

reputable vendors on eBay who sell sample vials and decants of good stuff fer cheap.

Just picked up some 1/3

decants of Villoresi Incensi and Yerbamate, Creed Royal Scottish Lavender, L'Artisan

Patchouli Patch and CdG Kyoto. (EBay rocks.)
    Can't argue about eBay. Made some great deals

there, both buying and selling stuff. ("Never throw anything out until *after* you've tried listing it on eBay."

Trust me.)

Have seen one seller offering stuff like Creed decants and 'mones like PI pretty cheap, but I'd

still like to try the free sample (or really really cheap sample) sniff tests before I go spending money that could

otherwise be used for buying more goodies from LS...

(Also: the nearest Sears is a hardware place

only. There is a big Sears about 25 minutes away I suppose I should go visit one of these days. And this "city" is

supposed to be a major metropolitan area... Ha. It's the "county seat" but I think this seat has a half-moon on the

door. I believe we have more dollar stores and liquor stores/bars than any other type of store.)
    Last edited by Rbt; 04-18-2005 at 03:39 PM. Reason: damn typos...

Rbt,

I made

an order from Perfumebay earlier this week and just received it today. I got a

couple of Creed samples in .05 oz vials for only $3 - $4 or so each (a full sized bottle of their stuff retails for

something like $125+). I also bought a few minature collectable bottles of some other fragrances that I wanted to

try. And they threw in a couple of freebies to boot! You might give them a look for inexpensive samples.

So bummed. The Heat version of

TE starts to smell like Pledge wood cleaner after a little while on me. At first it smells like Vetiver but that

soon goes away. The Creed version smells sweeter and remains that way. I guess I can always combine TE Heat with

Pheros and smell like I just got back form a day of wiping down wood furniture. I put a lot on (4 sprays) so I'll

go back to one or two sprays. By the way I discovered that Vetiver Creed smells good with Chikara. It starts to

smell sweet and musky.

Phero Dude

according to some

magazines...cologne is supposed to be replaced every year because the smell isn't fresh anymore? i have a bottle a

PI, the one by givenchy not primal instincts, that doesn't seem right. it's proably over 2 years old though.

anybody familiar with this?

TRock:

After getting my

samples of Creed I remembered that I used to have sample bottles of some avon colognes. I looked all day and finally

found them. I was going to dump them out and use them as mixing bottles but before I did I opened up each one and

found that they still smelled just like I remembered them. They were sitting in a box in my closet for about seven

years. They were very tightly sealed though so I don't know if that helped.

Well I just opened up another

sample of Creed. It's called Bois Du Portugal. It smells just like Pheros. If you're into that woody smell then I

guess you'd like this version of Creed. Or you can buy Pheros at a cheaper cost per ml. Pheros retains it's

cedar-like smell while Bois Du Portugal fades in a couple minutes and smells like wood burned by a sander.

Quote Originally Posted by TRock
    according to some

magazines...cologne is supposed to be replaced every year because the smell isn't fresh anymore? i have a bottle a

PI, the one by givenchy not primal instincts, that doesn't seem right. it's proably over 2 years old though.

anybody familiar with this?
    Colognes that are exposed to light, heat or air will not last as long as

they should. It is possible that your Givenchy Pi turned if it was not consistently stored in a cool dark place,

tightly capped. Splash bottles generally won't keep as long as spray bottles, due to exposure to air. Properly

stored, I've had bottles last 15+ years.

So Goodguy's bottles stored in the closet are still in mint

condition. Closet, drawer, cupboard - those are good places. The bathroom is not a good place - too warm.

The top of your dresser is okay only if your room is kept dark.

When fragrance has turned, it will usually

appear darker than it did originally, and either lose some of its topnotes, or the topnotes turn sour or acrid.

Sometimes it is still wearable once you wait out the topnotes stage (15 minutes or so) but unless it's a real

rarity, I'd probably not bother and just toss it.

Quote Originally Posted by TRock
    according to some magazines...cologne is supposed to be replaced every year because the smell isn't

fresh anymore? i have a bottle a PI, the one by givenchy not primal instincts, that doesn't seem right. it's

proably over 2 years old though. anybody familiar with this?
    I've heard one year, I think I may have

read that here. Considering the size of some of the cologne bottles and their expense, it seems like a waste of

money then to buy the larger size. Even with daily use of one scent, I don't think I could go through a whole

bottle in a year. Maybe that's why so many colognes come in sealed atomizers, to help prolong their life. And

that's just another reason for me to search for minis when buying a cologne. (Besides the bottles often being cool

looking.)

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalPlayboy
    I've heard one year, I think I may have read that here. Considering the size of some

of the cologne bottles and their expense, it seems like a waste of money then to buy the larger size. Even with

daily use of one scent, I don't think I could go through a whole bottle in a year. Maybe that's why so many

colognes come in sealed atomizers, to help prolong their life. And that's just another reason for me to search for

minis when buying a cologne. (Besides the bottles often being cool looking.)
    The industry wants you

to think you have to throw them out after a year or two so you'll buy more, but this is not true at all if you

store them properly.

Keep them in their box out of

sunlight and in a cool place.
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

I think I'm becomming addicted

to buying cologne! Someoone please stop me before I go broke (but I'll be the best smelling homeless person on the

street).

I have samples of Guerlain - Heritage and Vetiver, both are quite good.

I also own Amouage -

Dia

And Creed - Implerial

I just bought Creed Green Irish Tweed and love it!

I've already

received a few compliments at work, although it's really a night time cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    I

just bought Creed Green Irish Tweed and love it!

I've already received a few compliments at work, although

it's really a night time cologne.
    Tried my Tweed sample today. It comes in a small vial, with a tiny

opening, about the size of an opening in a dram bottle. The cap has sort of an applicator stick on it, but I didn't

feel I was getting anything from it, so I did dabs on my neck, forearms, and behind the ears, followed by two sprays

of Perception. Was only going for one spray, but I partially missed with the first spray. Still thought the cologne

was too light, all I could smell were the Perception pheromones. eight hours later, the cologne is coming through

and smells quite nice, though different than from smelling the vial. I wonder if the Perception spray has changed

the scent any.

Was thinking of puting the contents of the vial in an atomizer, but I would have to empty and

clean one out to do so. Maybe I'll consolidate my two pocket Realm atomizers and use one of them. Also have Creed

Himalaya in the same type of vial to try too though.

BTW, guess I should

give a report on the Tweed/Perception combo. The one thing of interest so far was that I had to make some

adjustments on some video projectors that we've recently installed at work. I was asked to do it last week but kept

getting side tracked with other tasks. There are VIPs scheduled to tour today and so I needed to get it done. The

woman in charge of the area went on on on about how she told my boss how she appreciated the hard work I've done

when I apologized for not getting the adjustments done last week.

Default delayed smell

I think Perception

does change the scent of Green Irish Tweed. I applied the GTW first and then Perception on my neck. I instantly

noticed the smell quickly changed to smelling somewhat like grass. Then a minute or two later the scent returned to

normal. When I got to work I had one of the women smell me to see if she liked the scent. She said she could barely

smell anything. Hours later she walked by and then said that she could finally smell it. Didn't comment on if it

was good or not though- forgot to ask because I was busy. Does GTW take a while to settle in or was it the

Perception which caused the delay... I wonder?

Phersurf: I too am getting way too addicted to all these

colognes. I guess pheromone use is a gateway to cologne use. I'm going to use Amouage Dia today.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy
    Rbt:

I ordered my

samples of Creed and Amouage from that one place that you were talking about. The 50 samples of different colognes

seems like a lot. If you search the threads here for colognes you'll find a lot of them listed as samples at

parfumesraffy. For example, I recall someone writingg Burberry Weekend smells good so I would try that. Ten bucks or

so is pretty good to get some fine smelling colgnes (ten dollars is the minimum order I believe). Unfortunately the

Creed samples don't come individually and cost more.
    That 50 samples for $50 is starting to get real

tempting as it sounds like it covers quite a gamut of colognes/scents, many of which I don't think I have a ghost

of a chance of finding around here. The only problem would be is that if I gave each one a fair trial it could take

me about two years to try them all...

And I'd of course need to pick up a supply of "unscented" 'mone products

to test with them too.

Whew...

Rbt:

You're right, even

the 22 samples I have are going to take me a while to test. But I can reduce the number down to the ones I like best

by scent. Then use those and get opinions from other people I know. I was more hoping to get a cologne that I would

smell and right away say that's the one for me! These colognes are great but I haven't had that reaction yet. Like

I mentioned before, you don't have to get all 50 just get 10 that you think you might like. Read around on the net,

do searches for the ones that interest you and see which ones you think might be right for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information