Close

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Aloeswood scent

visit-red-300x50PNG
    i got my samples and when i

smell them, i threw them right in the trash. $149 in the trash. oud is not for

me
    ________
    Expert insurance
    Last edited by chicago; 04-08-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago
    i got my samples and

when i smell them, i threw them right in the trash. $149 in the trash. oud is not for me
    You should have

said something. Someone here would have bought them from you.
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Yup, I would have and several

others as well.

I guess there's no accounting for taste.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Anyone care to tell me in which

order to layer these ingredients please:

NPA, A1, A314, Oud and Pheros.

I'm planning to have one point each

side of the neck.

Also, Bel, do you wear cologne with your oud? In fact what is the things you like to combine

it with?

Many thanks!

No, there is no point to

wearing cologne with Oud. The scent is potent all by itself. I put it over NPA or SoE most often but have also put

it over Chikara with good results.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

i got my samples and

when i smell them, i threw them right in the trash. $149 in the trash. oud is not for me
    A) where is

your trash can and when is the pickup?

B) I certainly hope you were kidding.

C) and if you really don't

want them PLEASE use the "Exvhange" thread I started a while back. I'm sure you'd find willing buyers. Maybe even

Super Cheapo me.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Stranger

Thumbs up I'll let you know

I just orderd

both the sampler, and a few from QT. I'll let you know how they work on me. Thanks a bunch Belgareth.

I'lll tell you honestly, some

people have come back and told me Aloeswood was awful and others have come back and told me how wonderful it is. I

and my wife like it, others don't. So, I wish you luck and hope it turns out to be a good experience for you.

Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs up

Do you mean awful as smelling you

while wearing it, or someone giving you feedback from smelling the samples?

The samples I've tried didn't

immediately strike me as a success, neither do I believe in them being good enough as standalones. However I think

they blend amazingly with any other cologne, and they have this impact that makes you want to sniff and sniff, so

that must be a winner!

For me to be able to find the very optimal oud product that might even work as a

standalone I have to buy some more samples to try out. And as soon as my budget allows my I will!

By awful I mean the smell. But

others, including my wife like the scent of plain Oud on me. Its a matter of taste. I really can't argue with a

thousand years of success so don't bother mixing with commercial colognes. But I've never found a commercial

cologne I would wear either.

Thomas Jefferson

Stranger

Default How was the 20+ year old stuff?

Belgareth,
    Did you ever try out the stuff you got that was 20 or so years old?

Quote Originally Posted by blktalon
    Belgareth,

Did you ever try out the stuff you got that was 20 or so years old?
    Oh yes. It is very nice. I've

only used about 1/4 of the bottle but am considering ordering more before it runs out.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

bel today i gotten my 1st

bottle of oud from that guy u recommended to me, hehe my 1st taste of oud, this was dark and sticky kind , he says

it the vietnam lowest grade, i had it for like 50 sing$ for like 31 usd.

it something really funny in smell, i

put on some and went ard in office letting ppl smell it, some said it was quite strong smelling some liked

it.

next payday i gonna try some malasian oud! hehe
    25 Chinese male living in Singapore, 1.75 m tall and 70kg. Average guy with average looks

Stranger

I tried one of the different

ones today and though wow...wierd scent going on...after an hour I loved it. I came home worked out and it changed

again. I showered and put on a different type and I'm waiting for that to meld into me. It's wild how the scent

mellows and changes. Several women this morning were like..whoa...on the walk by (nice grin). One even turned

around and was very inquisitive into what I had on.

That's one of the great things

about Oud, it's unique for everybodyand changes with our skin chemistry. Don't judge it by the smell in the bottle

or the first few minutes on your skin.

Thomas Jefferson

Stranger

It's amazing like that. The

whole day it mellows and changes. The first whiff and I was like ohhh.. I dunno... But I'm finding myself smelling

it all the time on my forearm. I love it, and I'm a reaaaal hyper person by nature and it's very calming for me.

Natural Xanax for me.

Thumbs up

I'm still testing out the

different samples now and from what I seems is that the most expensive ones (Pure Indian, Royal and Borneo) seems to

be of much better quality than the cheaper ones than the cheaper ones (Sultan, Archip & Papua). I guess you get what

you pay for.

Dear Belgareth could you please comment on your prefferred ouds compared to these ones? Thanks!

A few moments after applying to skin I feel a small headache, but it goes straight away

again.

Instead I'll generalize

because I haven't kept track of all the flavors very well.

First, you're very right that you get what you pay

for. I'd love to get hold of some of that $10,000 per tola but its a little rich for my budget. Damned

expensive tastes anyway!

Overall, the darker brown Ouds seem to match me better. I didn't find the green or

yellow ones all that appealing. There may be something to the idea that skin color plays a role. My skin is about as

pale as you can get. The older (20+ years? Maybe) Oud I bought is fantastic! It is quite different from the others,

much richer and lasts longer too.

It doesn't give me a headache but I get a buzz and it mellows me out a lot.

I've been called intense more than once, both my wife and friends have noticed a difference while I wear it. And I

do catch myself sniffing my arm while driving or working on somebody's computer. I also catch females smelling me.

Not a bad thing since I use it over mones (SoE or NPA usually.) It seems to slow dispersal or mellow the effects.

I'm not sure which.

Thomas Jefferson

Overall, the darker brown

Ouds seem to match me better. I didn't find the green or yellow ones all that appealing.
    I have the

same impression, and it seems that from my samples the royale is the best of them. Did you buy the 20+ old oud from

Ham Firm or did you find some other place?

There's something that really tingles my nose, thus it really makes

you smell over and over again. Now that's pure attractant there!

Stranger

Belgareth,
    All I can say is

amazing. So today I put Chikara and pure indian oud together. I'm at work, mind you, and I've got a bit of DSL

equipment to comission, the manager on duty was WAY..like WAY chatty, told me whole life's story, and he's usually

very uptight and hyper, and today seemed very mellow. I know that after I've had it on for some time I've noticed

that I get very confident and relaxed. Ok so I leave there and head over to Radioshack to get a new antenna for my

radio and the girl behind the counter is very chatty cathy, awesome body language she actually took my hand in hers

and ran the credit card through the machine. I looked up and she just smiled. I keep catching myself smelling

myself, I put it on the forearm as well and I'm always sniffing when it comes near my nose. I can say I'm still

WAYYYY in the infancy of the oud/aloeswood trial, but thus far I'm hooked. When it mixes with your natural

chemistry and the little bit of mones it's amazing stuff for me. I want to try some lighter stuff just for kicks

and I'm going to order some different kinds to check them out. Thanks for a great primer and all the data on it.

Sorry I didn't get back

sooner. Had to go someplace suddenly. I'm glad you are getting good results and hope you enjoy the stuff as much as

I do.

Thomas Jefferson

Hi, it's me again!

I was just re-reading this whole thread when I saw Wood elf's post, which was a joking reply to

Mobley:

"Please do order the sample pack, you will like it very much but consider carefully before wearing it

with your dancing outfit. It is a manly smell."

Well, I'm going clubbing this weekend, and was thinking about

wearing oud too! I was under the impression that this would be a great idea, since the oud is working like "come

smell me more" and then making the mones do the magic.

In fact, I'd like to wear either Pure

Indian or the Borneo, if anyone has suggestions then I will personally thank you!

I'd wear the Indian. But,

<Insert a Mobely disclaimer here> Since I do not do clubs. Personally, I think Aloeswood and mones and all the

others are best for less frenetic environments. In any case, best of luck.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

hmmm seem like u guys got all

the high quality oud, mine was the cheapest i got possible from bel's supplier a mere $sing 50 rougly $30 usd, i

myself love smelling it but my mom and ton of others say it was awfull, smelling of wood as in being in a warehouse

storing wood.

on my payday i would try the 20 year oud as bel has bought, hehe the malaysian 1 i tink
    25 Chinese male living in Singapore, 1.75 m tall and 70kg. Average guy with average looks

Journeyman

and bel if u dun wan the green

or yellow oud maybe i could buy them off u cheap?

Exclamation

i got my samples

and when i smell them, i threw them right in the trash. $149 in the trash. oud is not for

me
    Did you even try them on your skin at all? I thought the same

thing at first whiff, but after putting some on and letting it settle, the fragrance became incredible.

So wait, why are you

spending so much money on this Aloeswood? I mean I'd have to get pretty incredible hits to shell out 380$/tola.

So are these hits like the magic bullet or something... I'm really beginning to understand how important cover

scents are but is this Aloeswood really important to that attraction?

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle4Hire
    So wait, why

are you spending so much money on this Aloeswood? I mean I'd have to get pretty incredible hits to shell out

380$/tola.

So are these hits like the magic bullet or something... I'm really beginning to understand how

important cover scents are but is this Aloeswood really important to that attraction?
    A good question

but I doubt my answer is going to satisfy you. Perhaps, like with cooking and a few other things I'm involved in,

I'm a snob about it. Commercial scents have never appealed to me. Not only have I never found one I liked, even if

I did it would mean that a couple million other men are wearing it too. That wouldn't suit my self image at all.

Aloeswood is highly reactive to skin chemistry and temperature and evolves during the day as well as reacting to

your changing moods.

I can see paying $300- $400 for something I like, especially since it takes so little and

lasts so long. It is probably no more expensive than the high end colognes others on these forums use. There are

others who pay upwards of $2,000 for a tola of Aloeswood. A little out of my league.

If you'll do a little

reading you'll learn that Aloeswood has other properties. It relaxes the mind of both the wearer and the people

close to him. It has a soothing effect and is even used in certain religious ceremonies for that reason.

Wearing

Aloeswood I have had one negative reaction but am still not sure what that was from. Other than that I have had a

long stream of compliments and hit after hit. I can't tell you if its the mones I wear, the Aloeswood, my state of

mind or my attitude and I don't really care. It works for me. It has improved my personal and professional life and

is worth every dime I've invested for that reason.

A lot of the experienced forum users will tell you that

mones will not make women fall from the ceiling to dry hump your leg. The same applies to Aloeswood. Don't expect

miracles from it. Matter of fact, don't expect anything from it. If you decide to try it, PM me and I'll give you

the contact info for a guy I use who will sell you smaller quantities. He's honest and sells decent product. But I

make no promises that you'll even like the scent.

Thomas Jefferson

hey guys, how do you put a

fraction of a drop on your self?

Many bottles come with a little

plastic dipstick. You get a little oil on the stick and wipe it on your skin.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information