Close

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Aloeswood scent

Phero Enthusiast

Cool Rippedyouoff or good deal ? Whaddayathink?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    avoid....avoid...avoid... weirdo city.

Quote Originally Posted by surfs_up
    avoid....avoid...avoid... wierdo city.
    Would you mind clarifying that?
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Phero Enthusiast

Default I've done some business with them

things didn't go well.

With who? I'm not sure I know

who you are talking about. If you don't want to discuss them openly please PM me.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Phero Enthusiast

Cool click back a few entries, it will make sense

somebody here asked a question about a possible seller.

avoid....avoid...avoid... weirdo city.
    Now you tell me!!

Two weeks ago, I

placed an order with them. Last week I sent an e-mail asking about the status of my order. So far, I've gotten a

coupon for my next order, but no arrival of the things I ordered nor any response regarding the status of my order.

I'm sending them an e-mail today telling them that if my order doesn't arrive by tomorrow, I'm instructing my

credit card company to reverse the charges.

ARGGG!
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Phero Enthusiast

Exclamation yeah, that's the way it goes with them...

they can get real touchy about perceived criticism too. Insist that you talk to the boss, be polite but

firm, don't get taken in when if he tells you that you've offended him somehow, just say I'd like to cancel this

order, please credit my card (if that's what you want to do)...

they can get real

touchy about perceived criticism too. Insist that you talk to the boss, be polite but firm, don't get taken in when

if he tells you that you've offended him somehow, just say I'd like to cancel this order, please credit my card

(if that's what you want to do)...
    I sent them an e-mail listing my complaints. Order not arriving, no

response to a request for a status report etc, I also informed them that if my order didn't arrive by Friday, I

would be instructing my credit card company to reverse the charges. If I offended him, too bad, grow thicker skin if

you're not going to provide customer service. Of course, I didn't hear from them last time, I don't expect to

now.
    --Lazarus Long

King of the coupons!

Red face

Bel, no, I haven't ordered yet ... I will be ordering though, and soon. After a 3

year wait, my ship (small) finally rolled in!!

Is this the place you're talking about, Surfs Up, and

where you ordered from, Signor Jim?
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Phero Enthusiast

Cool that is them, them is they.

I

ordered what was supposed to be their primo oil, got strange adulterated stuff. When I asked their Supreme Being of

Wicca what was going on he got reaaaalllly arrogant, huffing and puffing that he was an authority on the subject...

ah blah, ah blah, ah blah... concluded it wasn't worth a long distance confrontation over chump change... boy I'm

glad I don't have to live with people like that day to day... sheeeesh.

I ordered what

was supposed to be their primo oil, got strange adulterated stuff. When I asked their Supreme Being of Wicca what

was going on he got reaaaalllly arrogant, huffing and puffing that he was an authority on the subject... ah blah, ah

blah, ah blah... concluded it wasn't worth a long distance confrontation over chump change... boy I'm glad I

don't have to live with people like that day to day... sheeeesh.
    I can relate to that!

Now that I've

spent a pretty good chunk of change with several vendors and have had a chance to learn how they do business I can

make a few recomendations of honest businesspeople.

Thomas Jefferson

King of the coupons!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    I can relate to

that!

Now that I've spent a pretty good chunk of change with several vendors and have had a chance to learn how

they do business I can make a few recomendations of honest businesspeople.
    Good, 'cause before I make my

purchase, I'm coming to you for my recommendation, Bel!
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

A couple others alrady have

and, even though they haven't posted results, seem pretty happy with a guy who is actually a forum member but has

been pretty quiet.

Thomas Jefferson

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    A couple others

alrady have and, even though they haven't posted results, seem pretty happy with a guy who is actually a forum

member but has been pretty quiet.
    Well, I just hope when my time comes ... I'll be pointed in a safe

direction, Bel.

Quote Originally Posted by MOBLEYC57
    ... and where you

ordered from, Signor Jim?
    Yes, that is the place.

This is the e-mail I sent them earlier

today:

"Over 2 weeks ago, I placed an order with your company.
    So far, I have not received my order, a

tracking
    number, or the courtesy of a response to my previous
    inquiry into the status of my order. Should my

order
    not arrive by Friday April 29th, I will be instructing
    my credit card company to reverse the charges.

THANK YOU"

--Lazarus Long

I'm a whopper!

I have recieved some oud

from the same guy Belgareth has. I must say it is some good stuff. You dont need to use a whole lot, not even a drop

more like 1/4 of a drop to get a good amount of sniff going. Initially the scent is quite powerful but once it has

been on the skin it tones down to a very sensual scent. It has a calming effect on me, and gets my wife in the mood.

She must have said "damn you smell good" a hundred times since I have started dabbling with the oud. I have the

royal burmese version of the oil. Very dark in color. When I wear it by itself I feel the "pheros buzz" I get from

wearing PI or a heavy dose of AE. I have tried a little of the oud with a spray of TE scented and a spray of curve

rubbed on my forearms. Boy what great smell. Makes my wife into a little sex crazed kitten. One other side note that

I have observed is it makes me last a lot longer during sex. Maybe because it puts me in a more relaxed state and my

fuse does not burn as fast. I don't know but it is some good stuff. I think oud would make an excellent combo with

A314. Could be a killer combo. I know it is with TE. I have also tried the oud oil with the above combo plus DST's

Pheros dabbed in there and boy oh boy do I smell good and feel good too!

Hadn't even thought about

using it with a314. Nice idea I'll have to try it. Thanks.

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.capricornslair.com/agoudoicoaqa.html

seems like capricorn's lair has a new batch. i've

ordered some things from them (vials not oils) and had great service, so i'm not sure what the problems have

been.

Quote Originally Posted by burgerama1960
    I have recieved

some oud from the same guy Belgareth has. I must say it is some good stuff. You dont need to use a whole lot, not

even a drop more like 1/4 of a drop to get a good amount of sniff going. Initially the scent is quite powerful but

once it has been on the skin it tones down to a very sensual scent. It has a calming effect on me, and gets my wife

in the mood. She must have said "damn you smell good" a hundred times since I have started dabbling with the oud. I

have the royal burmese version of the oil. Very dark in color. When I wear it by itself I feel the "pheros buzz" I

get from wearing PI or a heavy dose of AE. I have tried a little of the oud with a spray of TE scented and a spray

of curve rubbed on my forearms. Boy what great smell. Makes my wife into a little sex crazed kitten. One other side

note that I have observed is it makes me last a lot longer during sex. Maybe because it puts me in a more relaxed

state and my fuse does not burn as fast. I don't know but it is some good stuff. I think oud would make an

excellent combo with A314. Could be a killer combo. I know it is with TE. I have also tried the oud oil with the

above combo plus DST's Pheros dabbed in there and boy oh boy do I smell good and feel good too!
    I

think the lesson with any of these deep base notes is use very little. What might smell too powerful in high

concentrations might smell very nice as a complement to your pallet.
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by metropolitan
    http://www.capricornslair.com/agoudoicoa

qa.html

seems like capricorn's lair has a new batch. i've ordered some things from them (vials not

oils) and had great service, so i'm not sure what the problems have been.
    Well, I ordered some stuff

from them a couple of weeks ago. After a week of them providing no contact, I e-mailed them asking about the status

of my order. No response and no order. After two and a half weeks I again e-mailed them about the status of my order

and again no response and no order. I went to the Yahoo site to "rate" their store and rated them poor and guess

what. Instant response of "Hey don't trash us", BUT still no response to either of my inquiries. Damn, Bruce, you

got to start stocking some of this stuff!!
    --Lazarus Long

Stranger

I've been exploring Aloeswood

for a bit of a while. Most of what I've gotten came from Magnifincense in Singapore, and they're terrific to deal

with, and the prices are good. They used to have a webpage with a huge inventory of woods & oils, but now they only

post occasional Ebay ads (Although, I'd bet that they can get you whatever you're looking for at a good price if

you ask 'em). I've gotten several tiny ampoules of aloeswood oil from them, but the oil is so concentrated that a

single drop is literally all you need, & it lasts & lasts.
    I'm not sure if it's actually aphrodesic, but it gets

a lot of compliments.
    I'm currently using thier cheapest Cambodian oil, and a really inexpensive one I got at a

local indian market. The Cambodian is thick & slightly funky in the bottle, but smells great after it's been on the

skin for a few minutes. The cheapie from the indian market cost about $8 (US), aq tiny bottle with a roll-on top

from A.Hami bros. in Mumbai. The bottle lists a website ( link deleted) but it doesn't seem to work. It's still

quite nice, just not as complex. Still calming though.
    Finally, a word on burning aloeswood chips--do it the

japanese way, by placing the charcoal under ash & the wood on a mica place (or a bit of aluminum foil) releases the

scent without burning the chip. I tried placing the wood chip right on the charcoal, but it smelled like burning

cinnamon chewing gum, & i didn't see what the fuss was about. There's a good how to of the Japanese ritual way at

(link deleted)
    you can eliminate the ritual elements, of course, and a cheap, solid teacup works just fine.

sorry to hear about your

problems with carpricorn's lair. like i said, i had a good experience but i was ordering empty vials, not oils (or

gothic pentagram jewelry).
    but as an aside if people are interested in experimenting with agarwood but not

interested in paying insane amounts of money madini offers some oil perfumes based on it:

http://madini.com/products/woods.htm
    both the agarwood and oud

are agarwood based. you can also order a sampler of 5 perfume oils for only $10 (plus 5 postage). i think i might do

it.

I do buisness with the

singapore connection and they are good honest people. i recomend them 2 any1 wanting 2 buy Oud Oil.

Thumbs up OUD - Indian SP

Well I finally

got some Aloeswood from Oriscent.com. When I first took a whiff, I thought the same thing I did when I first bought

Pheros - "I paid all that money for this stuff??".
    But like Pheros, once on the skin the scent becomes

amazing. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's like no fragrance I've smelled before. The only thing is

I put on too much because I got a slight headache just after applying. The headache didn't last but the fragrance

does. I can still smell it on my wrist after nearly 24 hours.
    Last edited by Numanoid; 10-10-2005 at 09:39 AM.

Red face

Im glad that u like it, me i

love Oud. Alamost every day i wear it.

I wear it almost daily as well.

It mixes well with Impi too.

Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs up

They also sent 2 free samples of

Oud Sultan Murad and Abu Madyan. Last month I ordered some of their sandalwood and I like it a lot as well. I'll

eventually try one of their amber oils. Oriscent...

I usually buy from a guy who

sells smaller volumes, as small as 1/4 tola. Let me know if you want the inforamtion to contact him. He's reliable

and has nice products.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Numanoid
    Well I finally got

some Aloeswood from Oriscent.com. When I first took a whiff, I thought the same thing I did when I first bought

Pheros - "I paid all that money for this stuff??".
    But like Pheros, once on the skin the scent becomes

amazing. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's like no fragrance I've smelled before. The only thing is

I put on too much because I got a slight headache just after applying. The headache didn't last but the fragrance

does. I can still smell it on my wrist after nearly 24 hours.
    Someone told me it smelled like

pinetar.

Is it really that good or one of these things that's an acquired taste?
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

Some thought on that.
    1. The

smell in the bottle is different from the smell on yuor skin. If that person only smelled it out of the bottle that

might acount for it.
    2. Aloeswood is reactive to your skin chemistry so it will smell differently depending on the

user.
    3. I have 7 flavors of it now. Other than one reaction that could have as easily been from the mones I was

wearing, everybody who as commented has like it. That every comment came from a woman tends to make me think it

smells good on me.
    4. It is extremely popular all over the world with people paying thousands of dollars for a tola

(12 grams). It seems unlikely that so many would pay so much for something that stinks.
    5. All but one of the

people I have convinced to try it have reacted favorably, including a hand full of forum members.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information