Close

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Aloeswood scent

Where Velvet Darkness is Kissed by Golden Starlight

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Thanks 4

clearing the attar mystery up for me Gentlemen, I appreciate it, and i will do some study on the pure oils for

awhile, and seek out some good ones.
    I AM. Out of my mind .... .... ....

Stranger

Terry, Belgareth and all

who contributed to this thread. I have been on this site for years buying mones and the like. I read the thread on

Oudhs and in the last month have invested close to $400.00. I agree with Belgareth the Irin Jaya is the best for me

the wife liked it immediately. I further bought from Oriscent and Agarscents. Terry I can relate to your first

impression. my house however, or the bedroom at least smells of this stuff and people love it..My boss a female came

into the office and asked if I had a date I smelled so good..lol. Like Belgareth I do not think I will invest in

commercial scents anymore. I presently have 14 Oudhs. and am trying them all, my BESTEST anyhow is Irian Jaya.

Thanks for the suggestions Bel

& iDesign!

iDesign- the cologne was Trussardi for men, very nice I haven't seen it anywhere but online. I

was so desperate for this cologne, I bought 50 samples that I poured into a bottle, but I think it went

bad.

I just received my Amouage Dia and Reflections. I haven't used them, but I hope they smell better on.

Pheros just arrived as well, which was a concern, as I opened it and then worried I bought something I shouldn't

have. A shake and a dab later, all I can say is WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Loveisintheair View Post
    Terry, Belgareth and all who contributed to this thread. I have been on this site for

years buying mones and the like. I read the thread on Oudhs and in the last month have invested close to $400.00. I

agree with Belgareth the Irin Jaya is the best for me the wife liked it immediately. I further bought from Oriscent

and Agarscents. Terry I can relate to your first impression. my house however, or the bedroom at least smells of

this stuff and people love it..My boss a female came into the office and asked if I had a date I smelled so

good..lol. Like Belgareth I do not think I will invest in commercial scents anymore. I presently have 14 Oudhs. and

am trying them all, my BESTEST anyhow is Irian Jaya.
    Yeah im getting the hang of the Cambodian

dark atar, as i spread several drops on the back of each leg at knee level where my shorts finish, some on them as

well.

And as i was walking around could smell the stuff for hours and after walking around

at the fairgrounds with all the food and smells and smoke and then getting on a train and sat down and could still

get a good whiff of the stuff, was very nice product from ham_firl seing as it was only AUS $20.00 for 6cc including

postage.

Looking at the prices of some of these products, they

must contain some remarkable qualities for whoever is prepared to outlay a hundred bucks or so.

Stranger

I recently tried my first agarwood

called hindi kadeem

it was horrible, it started out ok, but then about 2 hours later turned horribly fecal. I

later found out anything from indian is usually fecal

I got that from a place in NYC, my next agarwood purchase

is from ham_firl on ebay who has been mentioned in this thread and I purchased his super duper Kalimantan

When i get it i will let others know what I think. i am really excited but found out oud can be an expensive

habit.

By finding this thread here I ended up purchasing your pheromone products as well I just purchased the

super combo soe+npa and alpha-7 unscented & looking forward to getting them
    Last edited by azz; 01-12-2009 at 06:04 PM.

I bought some samples of oud

from new york area. I ended up throwing it all in the garbage. waste of money. Its not for

me.
    ________
    Wellbutrin Side Effects
    Last edited by chicago; 04-08-2011 at 03:50 PM.

I guess it is a matter of

personal chemistry or something. I get compliments all the time about Aloeswood scent. Perhaps it's the particular

product you bought? I only buy good quality from known sources and not all the flavors are for me. But, by the same

token, I can't really say I've ever found a commercial scent I would wear, to me they all stink.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    I guess it

is a matter of personal chemistry or something. I get compliments all the time about Aloeswood scent. Perhaps it's

the particular product you bought? I only buy good quality from known sources and not all the flavors are for me.

But, by the same token, I can't really say I've ever found a commercial scent I would wear, to me they all

stink.

i have a feeling the place i went to used low quality

that was my fault for not doing

enough research oh well lesson learned the hard way

Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    I

bought some samples of oud from new york area. I ended up throwing it all in the garbage. waste of money. Its not

for me.
    Yeah, when i wear my Cambodian dark oud, even in 2 small dabs my g/f recons that it

stinks lol

The first time I tried Oud I

fell in love with it, and as I wore it more I began to dislike some aspects of the scent. I tried different

varieties and began to experiment, and only then did I develop a full appreciation of what it has to offer.

The

fecal aspect is there, in some varieties more than others, but it leaves the skin pretty quickly. I find the darker

ouds have more of this, and the lighter ones are more fresh and green. But the darker oils have more to offer in

other ways... richer, more complex and, believe it or not, a little floral in the drydown. Maybe its some

constituent which evokes that woody-rose element in some rose EOs. The fecal remains as a faint undercurrent, but

takes on a deep woody aspect as a warm sweetness develops. In the end, its so very sexy, as I've been told.

It

truly is an amazing scent. You can pretty much talk about oud as you would a "composed" fragrance. Its that

complex.

Stranger

I recently got a 1 ml of Double

Super Kalimantana, am i allowed to say where i get it from? not sure i know it been mentioned in the thread but do

not want to break any rules.

I absolutely love it.

When first applied it was floral and beautiful, but not

floral like a feminine perfume, floral that it was unisex, no fecal quality at all. It was breathtaking.

After 30

minutes it developed into this beautiful earthy woody type and sort of reminded of the same notes of Encre Noir like

vetiver but better!. This is the best way i can describe it. this was just a tiny drop and lasted for many hours

You can say where you got it

from. No problem. The only rule about it is no links to potentially competitive sites or sites where you are earning

money from it.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

azz, your comparison to Encre

Noir is spot-on. Oud is not nearly as floral, and EN has that dark, dusky richness after it dries a bit.

Oud is

still more amazing, just on its own.

Now that so many of the naturals are banned in the EU, there aren't too

many great scents that can compare. Have you tried DST's Pheros? You'd be a good candidate.

I just recieved my order of pure

CO2 extract. I actually mixed it with AE in a vial. WOW!! It started out as A Pine scent, and then blossomed into

I dont even know how to describe it! I used a 1:10 ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by pheromon View Post
    I just

recieved my order of pure CO2 extract. I actually mixed it with AE in a vial. WOW!! It started out as A Pine scent,

and then blossomed into I dont even know how to describe it! I used a 1:10 ratio.
    What is CO2?
    If I'm the rubber and your the glue..then I'd probably get some, and you'd just be sticky

Quote Originally Posted by pheromon View Post
    I

just recieved my order of pure CO2 extract. I actually mixed it with AE in a vial. WOW!! It started out as A Pine

scent, and then blossomed into I dont even know how to describe it! I used a 1:10 ratio.
    I am interested in

mixing CO2 with AE. Have you got good experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    What is

CO2?
    CO2 is an extraction method using gas under pressure to extract the oil, rather than distillation.

The resulting chemical (scent) compounds are different, apparently because of the lack of heat. There is some

concern about residual hexane (I think) in the final product, but I don't think its a big deal.

I've never

seen any CO2 Aloeswood, where did you get it?

I found a site that has CO2

extracted aloeswood. Although presently they only have .5ml sample vials available for $7. It's a site called Tiger

Flag. I haven't put a direct link just in case that might be considered a conflict of interest in some way.
    If I'm the rubber and your the glue..then I'd probably get some, and you'd just be sticky

Feel free to post the link Pen,

as long as they don't sell competing products. We'll be interested to see another Oud source.

They don't have any mones

related products. Just fragrances.

http://www.tigerflag.com/attar-list.html

Their site sound more

reliable than the various listings on ebay which list in the realm of $150 for .5ml or 1ml. While some other

listings will say 6ml for $20. Sounds like a wide gap in quality between them is real likely.

No! dont order CO2 from this

company. Not the the pure stuff. It smells like Horrible Fecal matter. If you do make sure its mixed with the

sandalwood. Trust me. A friend on the fourm just got some in. It was repulsive.

Most of the Aloeswood products

they sell are attars, which are mixes with other EOs. The only pure Oud they sell is $29 for a very small bottle and

it is from plantation grown trees. It is probably alright for a lower end Oud but will not come close to the wild

grown ones available. I'm a little spoiled and would not buy an Attar at all and probably not the plantation grown

as they are well known for being far inferior to the wild harvested. I appreciate their honesty about the products

and thank you for the link. At least I have another source for a number of products that I feel will be honest.

Thomas Jefferson

Stranger

After reading through this thread I

was intrigued so I treated myself to 1cc of Irian Jaya and it is certainly an amazing scent. Just a swipe of the

stick in the cap on each side of the neck and the scent is still detectable 10 hours later after a shift at work.

It's amazing how little you need, I'm sure 1cc is going to last me forever and it smells fantastic, so well worth

a try

That's one of my favorite

flavors too. A lot of ladies have complimented me on it and if they like it, it means the mones I might be wearing

are also being inhaled.

Thomas Jefferson

mrt - where did you get the Irian

Jaya from? Was it Ham_firl ?

Stranger

chas - yep I ordered from

Ham_firl.

Stranger

Nice

discussion going on here.

I currently have some Merauke oil that I got directly from a distiller, and was

wondering if anyone would be interesting in purchasing some.

It's very different from the Oriscent Merauke

(Maroke) oil, Purple Papua.
    This oil is very mellow, musky, smooth and virtually devoid of any harshness

even when smelled right from the bottle.
    This is not to put down Ensar's Oriscent oils. I have yet to see finer

oils than his. This Merauke oil is, well, just different from his.

It's closer to Abdul-Hamid's (ham_firl)

Irian Jaya, but more mellow, softer and muskier. Definitely something you could wear without surprising the

'uninitiated'.
    To evoke a a familiar memory, which perhaps might make it easier to imagine the scent, think back

to the last time you went into a dark attic. There's a soft, cool, woody-earthy smell. There's an element of that

in it too.

By the way, for those that might not be aware, Merauke is in Irian Jaya. Merauke and Tarakan (Borneo)

are probably the best sources of the finest Indonesian Oud.

Let me know if you'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by raiha View Post
    Nice discussion going on here.

I currently have

some Merauke oil that I got directly from a distiller, and was wondering if anyone would be interesting in

purchasing some.

It's very different from the Oriscent Merauke

(Maroke) oil, Purple Papua.

This oil is very mellow, musky,

smooth and virtually devoid of any harshness even when smelled right from the

bottle.

This is not to put down Ensar's Oriscent oils. I have yet to

see finer oils than his. This Merauke oil is, well, just different from his.

It's closer to Abdul-Hamid's (ham_firl) Irian Jaya, but more mellow, softer and muskier. Definitely

something you could wear without surprising the 'uninitiated'.

To

evoke a a familiar memory, which perhaps might make it easier to imagine the scent, think back to the last time you

went into a dark attic. There's a soft, cool, woody-earthy smell. There's an element of that in it

too.

By the way, for those that might not be aware, Merauke is in

Irian Jaya. Merauke and Tarakan (Borneo) are probably the best sources of the finest Indonesian Oud.

Let me know if you'd be interested.
    I know you are a new

user so probably are not aware of the rules here. Please do not offer to sell anything on this forum. This is a

discussion forum and it defeats the purpose when we allow people to start using it as a medium to sell their

products.

Thomas Jefferson

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    I know you

are a new user so probably are not aware of the rules here. Please do not offer to sell anything on this forum. This

is a discussion forum and it defeats the purpose when we allow people to start using it as a medium to sell their

products.
    Ahh indeed.
    And right after reading your post, your signature caught my eye. : )

As you're a

mod, please feel free to delete the post.

Quote Originally Posted by raiha View Post
    Ahh

indeed.
    And right after reading your post, your signature caught my eye. : )

As you're a mod, please feel free

to delete the post.
    No, there's is also some useful information posted there. I'd rather leave it.

Oh...and welcome to the forum.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information