Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aloeswood scent

I'm a whopper!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Dr. Smell This, is the dark

oily substance that separates out of pheros the oud oil you added?

Quote Originally Posted by burgerama1960
    Belgareth,

How did the oud that your recieved from ebay smell. I believe it was the royal bermese one? How much is 3 grams in

ml ?
    My latest that I bought through E-Bay is Indian, I didn't bid on the Royal Burmese. The

purchase prior to that was Indonesian. The Indian is still in transit. The Indonesian is quite nice, kind of a

peppery, spicy-ness overlying the leather and wood scents.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Dr. Smell

This, is the dark oily substance that separates out of pheros the oud oil you added?
    I think the precipitate

is composed primarily of valerian root, floral fibers, and sweet resins.

The oud would be more prominent after

the beta version (the one sold during the first two weeks of April last year only), since I added a good bit more

for the upgrade. The final amount of oud I added was constrained only by smell, rather than cost or supply issues,

I'm happy to say. It's what makes the top note of the woody smell more interesting and unique. In my case I

didn't want to overwhelm the sandalwood and musky notes by adding "too much" oud. I love the way sandalwood,

natural musk and oud smell together. But I can smell the oud very clearly in Pheros.

I'm happy folks are

experimenting with this remarkable essence! Be forewarned, though: Straight oud is not everyone's cup of tea. It's

a very unapologetic, interesting smell. I love it, but then again I like Edge Arouser, which is also an unapologetic

woody smell. (Most prefer the "Heat" version. Incidentally, Arouser and oud would go well together.)

I'm very

curious to know which varieties are people's favorites.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Default What is ATola.

A Tola is 12

grms and not 9 grms.

Quote Originally Posted by muskamber
    A Tola is 12

grms and not 9 grms.
    That's right, thank you. Somebody else corrected me too. I should have gone back and

changed it.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Today I got my first negative

reaction to Oud or maybe it was the NPA I put on first. 2 dabs NPA and about 1/4 drop Malaysian Oud.

I had

stopped by an electronics store for some things. A younger maybe latin lady was running the register and being

supervised by an older black lady. The latin lady was friendly but as soon as the other lady got near me her nose

wrinkled and she got a disgusted look. She handed me my bag and took several steps backward. She really looked

distressed.

Thomas Jefferson

That's a reaction from some1

who mabe as never smelt true Atar b4. A lot o peoples senses are so used 2 chemical perfumes.

In about 1 1/2 months of

wearing Oud almost daily it is the only obvious negative response I've had. It still needed to be reported. Since

Oud is extracted from fungus infected wood I have wondered about potential allergic reactions too.

Thomas Jefferson

iv only ever heard of 1 person

that had a reaction! but it wasnt pure Oud that some1 gave him. Oud is also good for the health. It gives a person

strength. You should buy some of the agar wood chips and burn them. They give of such a beautifull smell. When burnt

in my living room and the door is kept shut the smell stayes in the air for 2 to 3 days. At first you get the smell

of burning wood but after a while that goes and you are left with a sweet smell.

How do you burn it? In an

incense burner? Does it light easily and stay lit? Flames or smoulder?

Thomas Jefferson

I burn it in a liitle clay

pot, shaped like a small saucer. I take a piece of charcoal, get it glowing then place that Oud wood on top an it

just burns its self. With a big piece i turn it over every now and again.

One of my supliers was saying

that a tola of his best grade oud sold for $7000.00 dollars. He says that he has some of the best Oud in the world

but i wont know until my shipment from him arrives?

That's just a bit rich for me.

The $380 per tola I've been considering is about as high as I am willing to go.

Thomas Jefferson

What type of Oud is it, what

country does it come from? realy top grade oud as been known to stay on the skin for a few weeks.

Indian and India

Thomas Jefferson

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muskamber
    I

burn it in a liitle clay pot, shaped like a small saucer. I take a piece of charcoal, get it glowing then place that

Oud wood on top an it just burns its self. With a big piece i turn it over every now and again.
    I was

going to suggest charcoal. You don't want to use the cooking kind though. Buy charcoal that's made specifically

for burning incenses such as frankincense, copal, and other resins. A good incense or herb shop should carry rolls

of charcoal. The self ignighting type has sulfur in it. Some people don't like the addition of sulfur in their

charcoal, especially for ritual use.

For my use, these charcoals are much larger than I need, so I take an

X-acto saw and cut them into halves or thirds before I burn them. You might want to put some sand or crushed rock in

the vessel you use as a burner, though I've seen plain abalone shells used too. The charcoal gets hot! I made the

mistake of using a glass ashtray that I had stolen from Holiday Inn years ago on my first attempt of using

charcoal. Broke it right in half. It was a nice ashtray too. Luckily I was there when it happened and could quickly

douse the charcoal in water so it didn't set the counter on fire.

Stranger

Just wanna know why my posts have

been deleted?

Stranger

Default Favorite Aloeswood/Oudh

I have

tried Aloeswood/Oudh from every country, and my favorite Oudh is from Cambodia, India and Hainan Island. India and

Hainan supposedly have had the best Oudh in the world since ancient times. These are my favorite Oudhs because they

are very complex in aroma, especially India and Hainan Aloeswood. Malaysian is okay...a little sweet for me.

Vietnam has good woodchips for incense, but their Oudh is not the best to me. anyway, there's my 2 cents worth.

Stranger

Default $7000.00 Aloeswood?!

What country

is this supplier in Musk Amber who sold their Oudh for $7000.00? I cannot believe someone could sell their

Aloeswood Oil for this much! i want to know about this Oudh!

My wifes sister used 2 work

for the saudia royal family and she said that the Oud that they would buy, they would pay $12,000.00 a Tola.

Remember this, less than 5 percent of oud on the world market is pure. Never smelt any sweetness in Malay Oud unless

it's mixed (not pure). Never smelt any sweetness in any Oud that's pure. There r people out there that r selling

so called pure Oud which isn't. I think that a lot of the time they don't know what they are buying. When you buy,

u r at the mercy of the person selling it 2 u.

Quote Originally Posted by Aroma
    Just wanna know

why my posts have been deleted?
    Please read the PM I sent when I deleted them.

Thomas Jefferson

Just got my order of Indian

Aloeswood oil. This is the stuff that sells for $380/tola. Medium dark brown and about as thick as honey. Very rich,

complex scent. Between the tiny amount needed and the fine scent, I feel like it is well worth the cost. It should

last well over a year of daily use.

For Mobley

I've been wearing Oud by itself or combined with

NPA. SoE just adds to many other factors to be able to judge results effectively. Maybe I'll go back and try SoE

again later. Application is on the forearms and rubbed together. When I use NPA it is applied first then the Oud

over it.

It does not seem to matter which flavor I wear, the impact on others is about the same. I do notice ir

effects me more with different flavors but haven't spent any time trying to quantitfy it so that will have to wait

until later. Generally speaking it has a mellowing effect on me, my mental acuity seems the same but I am more laid

back. It seems to do the same to other men around me but to a lesser degree probably because they aren't in the

scent cloud as long as I am.

Results with women have ranged from the single negative I mentioned above to

strongly positive. For example there is this intense woman I work with frequently. Normally she is very focused on

whatever project we are working on. Last week we were sitting side by side working on her computer. She kept losing

focus, laughing for no reason and rubbing my shoulder. Her complexion is pretty dark so I couldn't tell if she was

flushed but do think her breathing got faster while we worked. Another is this cute strawberry blond lady who is in

one of the business groups I belong too. She has taken to sitting next to me ever since I started wearing Oud. That

wouldn't be remarkable except that she has to arrive earlier than normal to take the spot next to where I usually

sit. After more than a year of showing up at the last minute she has suddenly started coming in 15 minutes early.

Could be coincidence but I doubt it. Another effect is that I get more hugs from the women around me.

I am going

to ask wood elf to post how she feels about the different scents. Other women have made numerous complementory

comments about it, all unsolicited!

Thomas Jefferson

have u ever tried mishk (musk)

from the musk deer. it's very beautifull. a very unique smell indeed. The 1 that i have got costs $120.00 a tola.

No, I haven't. Seen it listed

a few times on the sites but want to focus on one thing at a time.

Thomas Jefferson

I'm a whopper!

Hey Bel, when did the ebay

guy have the indian stuff up for bid?

Hey Bel,

when did the ebay guy have the indian stuff up for bid?
    A couple days before the stuff you bid on. It

ended 4/3.

I sent him an e-mail asking about future auctions or even direct sales but he hasn't replied yet.

Thomas Jefferson

I got a reply from him and know

where to find his price lists. You can buy as little as 1/4 tola of many flavors. If you want information please PM

me. His prices are pretty good and products I've bought have been excellent quality. Others on the forum have

bought from him also and seem happy.

Thomas Jefferson

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Liberty Natural Products

offers good oud at a good price, BTW.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

King of the coupons!
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

I've used a number of various

Ouds now and am begining to see a pattern. The darker Ouds have the more complex, woodier scent where the lighter

ones seem to have a greener scent. The darker ones also seem to have the greatest effect on both me and those around

me. I guess it isn't too surprising that they are also the more expensive of the flavors, is it?

In the past I

have been unable to wear much of the high None products. For laughs I have been wearing a couple drops of PI (OD for

me) with the Indian Oud. The heavy oil does a good job of suppressing the OD effects. I assume it slows dispersal of

the mones. Results from the combo have been nice, lots more eye contact, flirting and touching. The mone's effects

seem to last hours longer. I have been enjoying myself.

Anybody else here try them out yet? Mobley?

Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information