Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Aloeswood scent

Default Just a thought

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Charmed - we

keep bumping into each other!

I recently bought plug-in scented oil diffusers at BBW. (Just brainstorming

here.)

If a scent sounds promising but is not truly meant for a woman to wear, maybe you could put a couple of

drops in one of those diffusers and still get the desired effect?

One day I WILL try a mone mixed with my

aromatherapy drops in the diffuser! I'm wondering if the heat will enhance the mones or kill them. Pulse points for

perfume are used because of their heat emanation, I believe.

King of the coupons!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    I want to

experiment some more but am becoming convinced that aloeswood has both strong psychoactive properties and is a true

aphrodisiac. It combines very well with a couple dabs of NPA for some really strong effects on the people around

me.

Ok, Mobley. I'll pass results along in time. I want to be sure of my results first.
    Been thinking of

buying the sample pack (6) ... still thinking.

Put that Elk's nose to work! Tell'er the

people here on the forum is looking for a one page, double spaced report on HER findings, and not to forget to smell

check her work. 'Cause after all, tis the voman's approval that ve're really after, yes? I love

your guidance, but I'll take her findings.

P.S. That report is due the beginning fo the work week.

P.S.S. Bel, I hope your report will be just as professional as yer lady's report ... double spaced and

smell checked.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Oriscent.com has a sampler that

is a good opportunity to try 5 different Ouds for $100 and they are a good company to work with. The Indonesian was

purchased on E-Bay from a company called Magnifiscense. Every now and then they have small quantities for sale. You

can also e-mail them for info at

accounts@magnifincense.com

I'm looking

forward to your results.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyGirl
    Charmed - we

keep bumping into each other!

I recently bought plug-in scented oil diffusers at BBW. (Just brainstorming

here.)

If a scent sounds promising but is not truly meant for a woman to wear, maybe you could put a couple of

drops in one of those diffusers and still get the desired effect?

One day I WILL try a mone mixed with my

aromatherapy drops in the diffuser! I'm wondering if the heat will enhance the mones or kill them. Pulse points for

perfume are used because of their heat emanation, I believe.
    I don't believe the heat from a diffuser

will harm the mones but don't know if it will disperse them either. The Oud should work very well that way but you

might find it simpler to use an Oud insense. You can get that a lot of places.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by MOBLEYC57
    Been thinking

of buying the sample pack (6) ... still thinking.

people here on the forum is looking for a one page, double spaced report on HER findings, and not to forget to smell

check her work. 'Cause after all, tis the voman's approval that ve're really after, yes? I love

your guidance, but I'll take her findings.

P.S. That report is due the beginning fo the work week.

P.S.S. Bel, I hope your report will be just as professional as yer lady's report ... double spaced and

smell checked.
    It's worth the price, IMO.

I'll pass your request on the Wood Elf. But if her

reply is what I expect, I'll have her tell you herself.

You'lll just have to wait for my complete

report. Have you ever seen me say anything conclusive without lots of time to test? It's only been a month since I

started playing with Oud. Be patient.

Thomas Jefferson

Been thinking

of buying the sample pack (6) ... still thinking.

check her work. 'Cause after all, tis the voman's approval that ve're really after, yes?
    Dear

Mr. Mobley:

Please do order the sample pack, you will like it very much but consider carefully before wearing it

with your dancing outfit. It is a manly smell.

Do you wear a tutu when you dance?

The Aloeswood

scent has my full approval and that of other women we are around. I will later tell you a story about how it does

for Belgareth.

W. Elf

The Oud

should work very well that way but you might find it simpler to use an Oud insense. You can get that a lot of

places.
    Hmm.... I kinda live in the woods. What is a Oud insense, and where might I find it? I really

rely on the internet for most of my purchases. I don't know of any oriental style stores around here either.

I think I will splurge for the Oriscent.com sampler. I'm tremendously enjoying the concurrent exploration of scents

and my husband has told me he is enjoying my new endeavors. I'm starting to drop hints about the power of "smells"

to prime him for possible down-the-road disclosure of why those smells smelled so good!

Naughty:

There are many

places on the internet that sell Aloewood as stick or powder. If you search on ebay you can find many listings.

I hope you can convince your man to wear Aloeswood for you. You will like it a lot.

King of the coupons!

It's worth the

price, IMO.

I'll pass your request on the Wood Elf. But if her reply is what I expect, I'll have her tell you

herself.

You'lll just have to wait for my complete report. Have you ever seen me say anything conclusive

without lots of time to test? It's only been a month since I started playing with Oud. Be patient.

Patient, I am. Waiting, I am.

Quote Originally Posted by wood elf
    Dear Mr. Mobley:

Please do order the sample

pack, you will like it very much but consider carefully before wearing it with your dancing outfit. It is a manly

smell.

Do you wear a tutu when you dance?

The Aloeswood scent has my full approval and that of other

women we are around. I will later tell you a story about how it does for Belgareth.

W. Elf
    Thanks,

Dear.

No, Dear ... no tutu for me, my butt's too big!

Was just wondering if you had sniffed a new

favorite out of the 5 samples, tis all.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Thanks,

Dear.

No, Dear ... no tutu for me, my butt's too big!

Was just wondering if you had sniffed a new

favorite out of the 5 samples, tis all.
    How disappointing. I would have asked for pictures.

Belgareth has not ordered the sample pack. He now has three vials of Aloeswood from different places. With the

first two I liked the one from Laos better. He has only worn the new one from Indonesia once. I am not sure yet how

I feel about it. As Belgareth said, it is spicy over the other smells.

I enjoy the smell on him very much and

like him I believe it may have some psychological effect, a heightening of what my mood is at the time. If I am

feeling amorous it makes me more so when I am close to him. In quiet times like late at night when he holds me it is

a comfort. It may be that since it has faded from the strength of the early application the way it makes me feel is

changed. It could too be that his mood changes how it effects me.

Will you be buying the samples? How you feel

about it and what happens would be interesting.

King of the coupons!

Cool

How

disappointing. I would have asked for pictures.
    Ha! Figure the odds!!!!! You can't keep a

secret, and I'm sure the pics would be all over the net!

Will you be buying the

samples? How you feel about it and what happens would be interesting.
    It's making its way to the top of

my shopping list ... will have to be next month though, 'cause my allowance for this month is already spent.

If any new bells starts to ring deep within your inners ... would be most appreciative if you'd share what

scent it was that did it.

Annnnnd, for some strange reason or another ... I get the feeling you're

just an animal anywhos, and being around Bel just has a way of making it surface. Is his garage loaded with

Wheaties, a cross, flares, stake and mallet, cell phone with an automatic 911 quick dial, holly water, silver

bullets, beef jerky, and lots of garlic?

Naughty:

There are many places on the internet that sell Aloewood as stick or powder. If you search on ebay you can find

many listings.

I hope you can convince your man to wear Aloeswood for you. You will like it a lot.

Oh so "insense" is one of those little sticks like I used to burn back in college?
    I was confused and thought

maybe it was a special kind of an oil burner. OK I'll Google for it. Thanks!

Silksand, Charmed - You just

HAVE to do a search for "Perfuming basics" in the Womens forum. I love it! I think I have all the ingredients to

make the first "Nice Lady Perfume". I'm going to try that, but I'll have to use a different carrier oil.

It

is also a great thread to figure out what to add to your EO collection if you are starting one (I am)

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyGirl
    Silksand,

Charmed - You just HAVE to do a search for "Perfuming basics" in the Womens forum. I love it! I think I have all

the ingredients to make the first "Nice Lady Perfume". I'm going to try that, but I'll have to use a different

carrier oil.

It is also a great thread to figure out what to add to your EO collection if you are starting

one (I am)
    That IS a great thread - almost a book! I've been throught it once and keep coming back

to it.

Ha! Figure the

odds!!!!! You can't keep a secret, and I'm sure the pics would be all over the net!

It's

making its way to the top of my shopping list ... will have to be next month though, 'cause my allowance for this

month is already spent.

If any new bells starts to ring deep within your inners ... would be most

appreciative if you'd share what scent it was that did it.

Annnnnd, for some strange reason or

another ... I get the feeling you're just an animal anywhos, and being around Bel just has a way of making it

surface. Is his garage loaded with Wheaties, a cross, flares, stake and mallet, cell phone with an automatic

911 quick dial, holly water, silver bullets, beef jerky, and lots of garlic?
    Mr

Mobley:

I would not give away bad pictures of you. Sell them to high bidders, yes. Never give them away.

You know about our garage? Is Belgareth telling about me again? We will talk about this!

Ladies:

Belgareth told me I could use his credit card to order essential oils but I know little about them. Your advice

would be helpful. I like floral smells best but will enjoy trying others too. He suggested something called Nag

Champa, do any of you have experience with this? He did not set a limit on me so I can have fun so long as I do not

put him out of business. It is a nice new pretty credit card that needs to be worn in properly.

W. Elf

Journeyman

In oriscent.com, how large are

the bottles for aloeswood oils? How large are the aloeswood oil sampler vials?

Anyone know?

Belgareth said the bottles are

three milliliters. He does not know how much is in the samples.

King of the coupons!

Red face

Mr Mobley:

I would not give away bad pictures of you. Sell them to high bidders, yes. Never give them away.
    Thanks,

Bel! For the WARNING a couple of weeks back, about elves!

Mr Mobley:

You

know about our garage? Is Belgareth telling about me again? We will talk about this!
    Nope. Bel

said nothing abou'tit! I learned about your naughty species and what's required to keep up with one,

on .... the Animal Planet!

Credit card with no limit! Buy the store from the owner, pick all the

scents that tickles your naughty fancy, and sell all the scents that don't!

Gosh, thanks Mobley! What you

won't do for a woman. Aren't you ashamed of yourself? And after I warned you about her!

Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs up Incense and essential oils

So

I went to Oriscent.com and ordered the Aloeswood incense package. That way I can get a rough idea of what it smells

like. I would have loved to have tried the Kyara incense as well (Premium grade - from my other readings - Thanks

Bel). But it was $75 for 150 sticks, and I'm broke from buying all those mones for the past 6 or so weeks. So I

asked if they could maybe just include one, so I could smell the difference.

Meanwhile I've concocted up a

batch of Dr ST's "Nice Ladies Perfume". I'm letting the scents blend a bit before trying it. Hubbie said "You're

really getting into this aren't you? Where's your coldron?" Heehee!
    All my stuff is sitting out on the counter,

all he has to do is look and he'll come across strange things such as "Passion Copulin Concentrate" and "Scent of

Eros for women" - etc! I like living on the edge!

Elf Wood regarding your question about which oils to buy. You

could go to an aromatherapy store or a B&BW and see which synergestic blends you like and then order the individual

ingredients. That was the first thing I did. I also scoured the internet for aromatherapy recipes and then looked at

the recipes that interested me. Things like "Relaxing" or "Sensual". Again, I took note of the ingredients needed.

My big shock came when ordering. Some of the EO's that I really wanted (Sandalwood / Rose / Jasmin, I believe) were

very expensive compared to the others. I'll have to add them one at a time. I did get a sample qty of Rose and

splurged on Sandalwood.

I created a doc file called recipes and every time I came across something of interest

I did a copy/paste into my file. It now contains a mish-mash of interesting ideas. LOL I even came across a "wicken"

site where they were posting recipes for spells!!!!

Wood Elf, this site should help

you get started with essential oils.

Eden

Botanicals - Amber Resin, Amber Oil and Wholesale Essential Oils

I called and talked to a

gal named Barbara when I was ordering my sample of agarwood oil. Picked up a few other essential oils at the same

time and mentioned that I was interested in Jasmine and Rose Absolute and might get those with my next order. To my

suprise she included both of these, at no extra charge, with the samples I had ordered. In other words, real nice

people to deal with. Any way, check their site out, it is full of interestin information.

Belgareth said

the bottles are three milliliters. He does not know how much is in the samples.
    3ml???? How long could

that possibly last?

Icehawk, I bought the $2 sample

from Eden.It came in a 1ml vial and I thought it was empty when I got it. There was less than a match heads worth of

oil in that vial. It's lasted over four days. A very little goes a long ways and 3ml would be quite a bit;could

last for a year.

The stuff I got has a burnt wood smell that is intriguing, to say the least. And the fragrance

seems to grow, actually envelope you after awhile. It is different than any thing else that I've experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by DumLuc
    The stuff I got

has a burnt wood smell that is intriguing, to say the least. And the fragrance seems to grow, actually envelope you

after awhile. It is different than any thing else that I've experienced.
    Yeah, but they said the same

thing about beta EW...

So spend $2 for a sample, it only

cost $3 for shipping and your curiosity itch will be scratched. Cheap price for relief. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Icehawk
    3ml???? How long

could that possibly last?
    Close to a year considering how little I use daily.

Thomas Jefferson

Ok next question. I've got

samples on the way, however, how would the smell work for someone younger like myself. It's down to either

malaysian, and it smells of sweet leather and musk, while borneo more like butter and honey. Is that a bit like

Amouage Gold that all the older guys love but younger crowd goes after fresher Dia? Or am I gonna have to mix this

too???

Quote Originally Posted by Icehawk
    Ok next

question. I've got samples on the way, however, how would the smell work for someone younger like myself. It's

down to either malaysian, and it smells of sweet leather and musk, while borneo more like butter and honey. Is that

a bit like Amouage Gold that all the older guys love but younger crowd goes after fresher Dia? Or am I gonna have to

mix this too???
    Try the malaysian first and by itself. Go from there. I like them all to varying degrees and

women of all ages have commented favorably on them. The Malaysian seems sweeter and younger people seem to prefer

that.
    Last edited by belgareth; 04-02-2005 at 07:24 PM.

Thomas Jefferson

For anybody interested, I found

another source for a wide variety of good quality Aloeswood oil and wood for incense where you can buy small

quantities.
    Home Page: http://qanaat.netfirms.com
    Price list:

http://qanaat.netfirms.com/Price%20Aloe

swood%20as%20at%2016092004.htm

Thomas Jefferson

I'm a whopper!

Belgareth, How did the oud

that your recieved from ebay smell. I believe it was the royal bermese one? How much is 3 grams in ml ?
    Last edited by burgerama1960; 04-07-2005 at 07:09 AM. Reason: missed some words

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information