Close

Stranger

Exclamation Fake Alter Ego product?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hey people, I

recently acquired my own bottle of Alter Ego, and I got it from a seller named <deleted> on ebay. (Not advertising).

Thing is, it hasn't really worked for me (girls aren't more talkative, fidgety etc.) and I'm suspecting that

it's fake. I'm basing this suspicion off a test on a friend; I put some on his wrists, and he broke out in hives.

This may seem irrelevant, but he knows himself as allergic to animal pheromones, and from what I know, AE is not

supposed to have animal pheromones, only "reagent-grade Human Pheromones" according to the description. Could this

be a fake product? Has this happened to anyone else on the board, and does anyone know of the products sold by this

ebay seller? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by oscar; 03-13-2005 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Reference to specific seller deleted.

I've seen him on EBay and

wondered how he could sell it so cheap. There is usually a reason that something is cheap.

None is not only a

human pheromone. Pigs also have it. Since other animals react to our pheromones it seems likely that nature was

being thrifty and only created a limited number of pheromones that are shared across multiple species.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Man of La Pancha

To give the seller the benefit

of the doubt, have you ever used -mones (or -mones from anywhere else)? Have you experimented for a while, tried

different dosages, locations, etc.? I'm just mentioning this because it really is a hit-or-miss process and

doesn't work on everyone. That said, it could still be fake. This situation is difficult as not even all L-S

products work for everyone, and you at least know these products can be trusted for quality.

Usage aside,

doesn't ebay have a way to check the quality of the seller?

Stranger

Usage aside, doesn't

ebay have a way to check the quality of the seller?
    Yes, definitely. This guy does have an extremely high

rating, somewhere around 99.8% I think, which does show that he is trustworthy. He also has a 30-day money back

guarantee, which does add to his credibility, although he has to live up to the promise before I could really say

anything. (Some sellers of other things with guarantees I've dealt with have not lived up to their policies, so I

don't know).

None is not only a human pheromone. Pigs also have it. Since other animals react to our

pheromones it seems likely that nature was being thrifty and only created a limited number of pheromones that are

shared across multiple species.
    Well, that might be a good explanation, but then that would also mean

that he needs to be allergic to his own pheromones too, which is not possible... I don't know, I only received it

last thursday, so I still have at least 2-3 good weeks to test it out. I've already tried different dosages, and

reactions haven't been too different. What I have noticed, however, is that while I was using the -mones, I only

had the chance to wear a tux, since I was at a chorus festival the whole time, and this covered up the places where

I applied the AE. Should I go back to school with maybe same dosage, but wear lighter clothing that reveal my

wrists/neck? I'll try that out and keep people posted on how this will all work out.

If it doesn't, then

people can learn from me and never buy cheap products off ebay again, or vice versa...

Quote Originally Posted by mweng407
    Hey people, I

recently acquired my own bottle of Alter Ego, and I got it from a seller named <deleted> on ebay. (Not advertising).

Thing is, it hasn't really worked for me (girls aren't more talkative, fidgety etc.) and I'm suspecting that

it's fake. I'm basing this suspicion off a test on a friend; I put some on his wrists, and he broke out in hives.

This may seem irrelevant, but he knows himself as allergic to animal pheromones, and from what I know, AE is not

supposed to have animal pheromones, only "reagent-grade Human Pheromones" according to the description. Could this

be a fake product? Has this happened to anyone else on the board, and does anyone know of the products sold by this

ebay seller? Thanks in advance
    mweng407,

The fact that you've only just arrived on this forum and are

complaining about a possible fake product from an ebay seller leads me to be a little cautious about your post. For

all I know you could be one of the ebay rivals of the seller whose name you mentioned in your post. The fact that

you asked NOT whether anyone has ever gotten fake AE on ebay, but rather if anyone has ever gotten fake AE from this

specific seller further reinforces my suspicions. But as a matter of courtesy I will extend you the benefit of the

doubt.

If in fact your post is honest and sincere I sympathize that you will (at the very least) be

inconvenienced by having to return the product for a refund. Whether or not you get get your refund is irrelevent to

the point that there may well be sellers on ebay who are in fact disreputable. If what you received was bogus Alter

Ego, the seller's willingness to refund your money simply to maintain his ability to continue to rip people off via

ebay doesn't make him any less of a crook in my opinion.

The lesson that many of us have already learned about

"Deals that look too good to be true...." is one that I'm hoping you won't have to learn the hard way, as some of

us unfortunately have. Either way, hard or easy, I hope you've learned to buy only from reputable sources in the

future.
    Good Luck!

Oscar

Stranger

My ebay name is wengsta407, go

figure what I sell, and who I'm rival against. I'm only a teenager trying to make the best out of my hard-earned

money, and I'm only speculating because my friend is allergic to animal pheromones. Smelzgood has over 5000

positive reviews, and there are more than a couple of people who have liked what he/she sold to them. I only wish to

know if the product I received was real or not, not the seller.

As a new member of this forum, I won't attempt

to go against any moderator, simply because I'm not well known enough to go against you or anybody else. But know

that if I were really like that, I wouldn't be dumb enough to make my first post a complaint, and I'd make sure I

introduce myself and do other BS posts before I do something screwed up like questioning someone's credibility.

Anyways, I'm not done testing my AE, like I've said before, so I'll be back to update my status with the

product.

Mweng407,

You would be

surprised the number of people who do exactly what Oscar was talking about. He and I delete several every week,

each. It isn't even unusual to delete one and have it reappear in 10 minutes. He wasn't trying to be harsh with

you.

There is no way you can tell specifically if you got the real thing without a laboratory. And what I said

before is correct about many animals sharing the same pheromones. If you'll look it up you'll also find cases of

people being allergic to their own sweat. It's odd but it does happen.

I do wish you all the luck in the world

with pheromones.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Stranger

Thanks for clearing it up,

belgareth, as you can see I am not familiar with the circumstances. To oscar, no offense intended, no offense

taken.

If you'll look it up you'll also find cases of people being allergic to their own sweat.

It's odd but it does happen.
    Really? never knew it was possible. I'll def look it up

Interesting this would be

posted, the same day I post about selling my AE bottle (further up the forum). The reason I'm selling it? Because

it didn't work for me. Other 'mone products have, just not this one. And I've seen this in several places now,

that AE seems to be a highly variable product - it tends to either totally work for people, or it doesn't. You may

simply not be impacted by it, like I wasn't.

Stranger

well, I returned my AE product

to the guy and he fully refunded money, so I'm at least satisfied with the way the guy does his business. Anyways,

I just received my chikara today from LS so I'm going to be testing it out quite a lot. I have a whole week of

spring break ahead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by esk6969
    Interesting this

would be posted, the same day I post about selling my AE bottle (further up the forum). The reason I'm selling it?

Because it didn't work for me. Other 'mone products have, just not this one. And I've seen this in several places

now, that AE seems to be a highly variable product - it tends to either totally work for people, or it doesn't. You

may simply not be impacted by it, like I wasn't.
    It wasn't posted the same day. This thread is 5 days

old.

Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information