Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Quote Originally Posted by satyrboy
    I wish! No, my

point was I got all the benefits and no drawback. My wife is not usually spontaneous about sex, and usually prefers

the bedroom.
    No matter what anybody else says, too much none on some people is repulsive! I do not know

what the reason is but can tell you from experience that it is true. It may be associated with your behavoir

patterns or your natural signature but until we measure it we cannot be sure.

The bedroom is nice too but there

are so many other fun places. On a boat moving in time with the waves or outdoors under the stars.

"Remember highschool, the

nerds? the bullied? What if one of them one day came to school in the coolest fuckin slick clothes, behaving like he

was 'THE shit'. Would all the cool guys get upset? Probably, would they try to put him back in place?

Probably."
    Sadly this is too true. I knew a girl in high school with an eagle-lke nose. She was

attractive otherwise but everyone called her eagle beak just to be mean. Over the Summer she got a nose job, new car

and wardrobe. Looked amazingly good but many still called her eagle beak and actually became meaner, trying to make

her cry whenever possible.

"No matter what anybody else says, too much none on some people is

repulsive! I do not know what the reason is but can tell you from experience that it is true. It may be associated

with your behavoir patterns or your natural signature but until we measure it we cannot be

sure."
    True, but the point is you must experiment to find what works for you. Even if you could

measure the amount of 'none if would be impossible to accurately factor in behavior, natural pheromones and the

situation. I'm one of those that can wear a lot of 'none with no ill-effects. Probably a combination of my

ethnicity (Korean), age (middle aged) and personality (ultra mellow). I've long suspected I produce little or no

'none as I have little BO, almost no body hair and don't sweat much.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi
    True, but the

point is you must experiment to find what works for you. Even if you could measure the amount of 'none if would be

impossible to accurately factor in behavior, natural pheromones and the situation. I'm one of those that can wear a

lot of 'none with no ill-effects. Probably a combination of my ethnicity (Korean), age (middle aged) and

personality (ultra mellow). I've long suspected I produce little or no 'none as I have little BO, almost no body

hair and don't sweat much.
    We agree. Belgareth is about the same age as you, he cannot wear much none

without it becoming obnoxious. He is of scandinavian descent, hairy as an old bear (acts like one sometimes too) and

is casually aggressive. Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought there was some correlation between a person's

natural attitude and their pheromone signature. If so, measuring a person's natural pheromone signature would be

useful in describing supplemental pheromones appropriate to that person.

Others on the forum have denied the

concept of OD altogether and for them it may be true but for others it is not.

I was doing a bit of mixing

yesterday (Managed to get the bottle of SOE open) and was mixing into an atomizer: SOE, p10, NPA and some Joop WAA.

I spilled A LOT of NPA on myself. Wiped it off on my chest, legs, arms whereever. It was an amount not describable

in "drops" This was on top of a fair amount of p10, 1/3 AE gel pack, 4 drops of NPA, a few rolls of SOE and some

Joop WAA for cover.

I thought I stunk, I used a bit more Joop WAA to cover and still thought I stunk.
    I

didn't have time to shower before heading out with my wife.

1) no OD symptoms. Again, people were polite and

responsive.
    2) I got more looks than I ever normally do.
    3) I had earlier had an issue on the phone with a

customer service rep at a store. I went to the store and asked for him. I got into his personal space, and

pretended to strain at being polite yet pissed (actually I could really care less) he was VERY intimidated(I'm not

an intimidating man)
    4) Wife was very responsive/interested.

Maybe I should just take a -none bath daily.

Yeah I had on some NPA+chikara

today. Actually I put on 2 dabs of NPA and yeah I could smell something(weird I couldnt before). Its like a very

rank smell, acrid if you will.
    I covered it with 3 sprays of chikara and off I went.

Yeah people did look

more, and its weird but some were unusually more interested to interact than before. Its all good though i'll post

back when I've figured this stuff out here.

That's strange. I used three

sprays of TE with about 6" of SoE when I went to visit a normally cool client and he blew up on me. His secretary

was shocked so badly that she left the room and later called to apologise. He admitted a few days later that he had

no idea what came over him and felt awful about it half an hour afterwards.

There have been several other

incidences but that one really caught my attention.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Stranger

Gegogi: Thanks for

mentioning body hair. That's a good point for consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by wood elf
    We agree. Belgareth is about the

same age as you, he cannot wear much none without it becoming obnoxious. He is of scandinavian descent, hairy as an

old bear (acts like one sometimes too) and is casually aggressive. Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought

there was some correlation between a person's natural attitude and their pheromone signature. If so, measuring a

person's natural pheromone signature would be useful in describing supplemental pheromones appropriate to that

person.

Others on the forum have denied the concept of OD altogether and for them it may be true but for

others it is not.
    See, I think that the "natural pheromone signature" thing is a misnomer. I think the

variance in sensitivity to 'none isn't a matter of how much 'none your body produces--which, AFAIK, is

miniscule--but rather is a matter of how easy you are at being perceived as intimidating. I think that there are

just certain things about people--e.g., height, weight, muscle size, aggressiveness, gestures, voice volume,

etc.--that cause people to be intimidated, and that 'none magnifies these characteristics dramatically in the eye

of the beholder. If a person has these characteristics (like belgareth), then he has to be careful around 'none or

his intimidating-ness will become overwhelming (i.e., what's called an overdose). If a person has a few of these

characteristics, then it would take a lot more 'none before an intimidation overdose is reached. If a person has

essentially none of these characteristics (like Gegogi), then it's probably going to be nigh impossible for this

person to overdose--no matter how much 'none Steve Erkel and William Hung wear nobody is going to be frightened of

them. If every 0.01mg 'none makes you twice as intimidating, and you naturally have an intimidation factor (like

Erkel) of zero, then no matter how much 'none you use, you'll never be intimidating.

Quote Originally Posted by satyrboy
    Maybe

I should just take a -none bath daily.
    Whatever works, right?

I'm not sure, but I think I

was just compared to Erkel.
    That sucks.
    Gregorri, I think you joined me in the slight!

Stranger

Hey, Erkel's cool! You'd

better not be dissing my boy Steve-Oh.

I wasn't saying that you (and Gegogi) have Erkel-esque qualities,

though. I was saying that you (and Gegogi) lack the qualities that both Erkel and Hung also lack. (Incidentally, I

lack those qualities too. We're all in this together, you see. Maybe we should start a club for the have-nots?)

Livin' the life of Riley

Jonathan, check this thread out,

where Cpt. posts some numbers-

http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13213

Seems to

me that even among the number crunchers there is great debate on natural concentrations.

satyrboy- I have

also found that the better a woman knows you (like a wife, for example), the less chance of an OD you will have with

her (her knowing you're a good guy will override the 'fear factor'). Ofcourse, it also seems that the better a

woman knows you, the more likely she is to notice a difference in your 'mone signature.

Riley

But I'm a lot cuter than William

Hung!

I have the face of a priest. My mother called me "little budda." For some reason I appear totally

non-threatening (I'm actually a wolf in sheep's clothing). Thus, people easily trust me and want to confess all

their sins and inner most secrets. I really don't care to hear about it most of the time. However, the benefit is

most women trust me right away. Once they get to know me, they often accuse me of somehow tricking or bewitching

them.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Gegogi:

Thanks for mentioning body hair. That's a good point for consideration.

See, I think that the "natural

pheromone signature" thing is a misnomer. I think the variance in sensitivity to 'none isn't a matter of how much

'none your body produces--which, AFAIK, is miniscule--but rather is a matter of how easy you are at being perceived

as intimidating. I think that there are just certain things about people--e.g., height, weight, muscle size,

aggressiveness, gestures, voice volume, etc.--that cause people to be intimidated, and that 'none magnifies these

characteristics dramatically in the eye of the beholder. If a person has these characteristics (like belgareth),

then he has to be careful around 'none or his intimidating-ness will become overwhelming (i.e., what's called an

overdose). If a person has a few of these characteristics, then it would take a lot more 'none before an

intimidation overdose is reached. If a person has essentially none of these characteristics (like Gegogi), then

it's probably going to be nigh impossible for this person to overdose--no matter how much 'none Steve Erkel and

William Hung wear nobody is going to be frightened of them. If every 0.01mg 'none makes you twice as intimidating,

and you naturally have an intimidation factor (like Erkel) of zero, then no matter how much 'none you use, you'll

never be intimidating.

Whatever works, right?
    I think you are wrong. This morning I am on my way to

class and do not have time to rebutte. When I return this afternoon I will explain myself better. In short, your

theory does not take into account innumerable real world experiences by many forum members over several years but

seems to be just theory. My own experiences are not even close to what you describe. Have you worn synthetic

pheromones and what are your results? I do not find a single hit report by you.

W. Elf

Stranger

Riley: Thanks for the

link. Quite helpful.

I think you are wrong.
    Disagreement is always welcome.

In short, your theory does not take into account innumerable real world experiences by many forum

members over several years but seems to be just theory.
    From my readings (this thread included), I've come

under the impression that some people OD on 'none with seemingly infinitessimal amounts, whereas others--myself

included--can swim in the stuff without a typical OD response. The "personal pheromone signature" explanation has

seemed lacking to me, especially since the difference in the maximum usable dose for the two types of people appears

to be several times the total skin 'none content for even the most alpha of males. I've been trying to come up

with an explanation for this phenomenon, and the above was the best I could come up with.

After re-reading my

post, though, I think I understand where you're coming from. I used the word "intimidating", and 'none alone is

definitely pretty intimidating. I think what I meant to say was that 'none alone is not frightening, and

people will only be frightened (according to my revised theory) if 'none is coupled with certain behavioral or

physical characteristics. Example: I've noticed several times that when I wear a lot of 'none, people will

suddenly become very quiet when I walk up to them, or otherwise stop talking when my scent/'mones reach their nose.

On one particular occasion, I was wearing about 7 (!) drops of NPA, most of which was on my head and hair, and the

remainder of which was on my palms and the insides of my wrists. I was talking with two guys and a girl in a bar in

a little circle. The conversation seemed to be going normally enough, except that everyone seemed to be paying much

more attention to me than normal. At one point, though, there were two of us talking in two little

sub-conversations, and about two seconds after I made an open-palms hand gesture to accent a point (remember where I

had the NPA applied), I noticed the other speaker's face go blank as he stopped midsentence, letting his jaw hang

open in a bemused daze, then say, quietly, stutteringly, and with a sheepish smile, "I totally just forgot what I

was saying." He didn't seem afraid of me or to have any negative feelings toward me at all, though: he was just

... bemused and braindead. After we talked a little more, he seemed to relax a little bit, but he continued to be

much more shy and subservient after getting that whiff. I've noticed this type of phenomenon several times when

wearing 'none, and I have yet to get a frightened or aggressive response from anyone. That, plus the experience of

Gegogi and satyrboy above, is what prompted me to write the theory above. Basically, it's just a logical extension

of the Clint Eastwood/Lone Wolf effect: it's the William Hung/Steve Erkel effect. (Or whatever. I'm not

particularly good at choosing pop-culture poster children.)

My own experiences are not even

close to what you describe. Have you worn synthetic pheromones and what are your results? I do not find a single hit

report by you.
    That's because I haven't posted any except in the context of replies to others'

posts. I've been meaning to give a proper de-lurking for a while now, but I always seem to get sidetracked by

something someone else says and stay up until 3am replying to that every time I try. =\. One of these days.

The first reason I think you are wrong is your assumption about ease of being intimidating. My only

experience is with and around Belgareth. He is not intimidating to look at. He is 5' 8" tall which is only average,

he is muscular but it is more like a cat than something else. The loose clothes he likes to wear usually conceal it

well enough. Most of the time he is laughing or smiling and he always speaks in a soft voice. I do not need to see

him to be bothered by too much androstenone. Belgareth has walked up behind me wearing too much and I feel it. It

makes me nervous and waspish; he might use another, stronger word. Certain times of the month I am more sensitive to

it than others. When he is not wearing synthetic pheromones or is wearing ones with no or little androstenone I am

comfortable and like to be close to him. I often have friends visiting and they react to it the same way as I.

I

say he is casually aggressive because he is never rude or arrogant. Once he decides to do something he will get it

done but is always polite in how he deals with anybody. Little children love him most of the time, whether he is

wearing synthetic pheromones or not. That may be because he is very fond of little children and will always take

time to smile and speak to a child. When he wears too much androstenone even his granddaughter, who adores him,

avoids him.

Some other questions that you make me wish to ask. How do you account for all the experienced users

that have reported ODs? Did they all imagine it and you are the only one who can see all their errors? It seems

unlikely.

There is good reason to believe that humans respond to the small amount of androstenone produced,

which indicates a certain level of sensitivity to low levels of the molecule. See the comments in the women’s forum

about how a man smells for one small example. Most mammals that are able to detect small amounts of light or sound

or scent are easily overloaded. That can often result in pain but probably does not in every case. Even pain can

overload our ability to perceive it. I think it is likely that beyond a certain level additional pheromones will not

be a benefit but a waste of money even if most people do not have a repulsion reaction. The organ detecting the

pheromones will not be able to perceive an increased quantity.

There have been many studies quoted and linked on

this forum regarding pheromone detection. There is speculation that pheromones may not be detected by the VNO or

that not all pheromones are detected by the same organ. If that is the case we can assume that despite massive

amounts of one pheromone being detected by a given organ may have no effect on the perception of another pheromone

by a different organ and possibly a different part of the brain. On this site people discuss the use of only a

handful of pheromones, what about the hundreds of others that are a normal part of each human's scent? They likely

have an effect as well and should be considered as part of the normal pheromone signature of the individual instead

of being discounted. One possible alternative is that certain people produce one or more of another (as yet

unidentified?) pheromone that moderates the response to androstenone and others are lacking that pheromone.

To

sum up what I am seeing, you write well but you are glossing over or not aware of some facts and are making

unwarranted assumptions. That is fine if that is what you wish to do but you are stating your view as fact and could

be misleading other inexperienced users. I cannot speak for anybody else but Belgareth is a good, careful observer

and even before he told me of his synthetic pheromone use I saw the same reactions he does. OD reactions happen to

some people more easily than to others. I cannot explain why but have seen it firsthand multiple times under

conditions that could not be a reaction to physical presence or by people who know him well and are not intimidated

by him.

There is likely to be more to this than you are covering with your explanation and the things not

explained could be causing others to not have as good of results or even fail in their use of pheromones.

W.

Elf

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

We need to get Sue in here,

Koolking!
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information