Close

Thread: Chrysin?

King of the coupons!

Question Chrysin?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Chrysin

Info And Products
    Block Estrogen, Increase Testosterone

1. What is it and where does it come from?
    Chrysin is a naturally occurring

isoflavone chemically extracted from the plant Passiflora coerulea. Honeycomb also contains small amounts. High

quality Chrysin supplement is available from Bodybuilding.com.

2. What does it do and what scientific

studies give evidence to support this?

Scientific studies show that flavones (primarily chrysin) may

exert a wide variety of powerful effects. Specifically, studies done in Europe show that after supplementing with

chrysin blood serum levels of testosterone went up a whopping 30%! How does this work? There are two major hormones

in both guys and gals: testosterone and estrogen. Testosterone is dominant in guys and estrogen is dominant in

gals--duh! But interestingly, estrogen seems to be a signal to the pituitary gland in the brain. Based on estrogen

levels, the pituitary turns on or off testosterone production. The higher the estrogen levels, the lower the amounts

of testosterone will be produced. This is where chrysin comes in! Chrysin basically reduces estrogen levels by

cutting down on its conversion from testosterone.

3. Who needs it and what are some symptoms of

deficiency?

Today's bodybuilders and competitive athletes are always looking for ways to boost their

natural testosterone levels. Of coarse there's DHEA, Tribulus terrastis, and androstenedione (to name a few), which

supply raw materials for the production of testosterone. Now there's another way! Our bodies naturally convert some

amounts of testosterone into estrogen (aromatization), a process which accelerates as testosterone levels go up.

Chrysin works by minimizing this conversion! Chrysin is the "anti-aromatization" if you will. This is great news for

those who want to enhance their muscle building ability! Furthermore, according to the July '98 Ironman magazine,

"bodybuilders using testosterone boosters today worry a lot less about gynecomastia and hair loss if they're

stacking chrysin." Because chrysin is not an essential nutrient, it is not associated with deficiency.

4. How much should be taken? Are there any side effects?
    European Olympic

athletes report 1-3 grams of chrysin per day is a safe and effective dose. Follow the directions and dosages on the

bottles below. For best results, it is recommended to take one half one hour before working out and the other half

at bedtime. With proper supplementation, there have been no reported side effects.

Howdy!

I was

in Raleigh, N.C. the past week, and ended up in GNC, where I was talking to the owner about my taking Tribex 500 and

the swelling of my prostate because of it. He told me that I can take Tribex 500 IF I used Chrysin, and I wouldn't

have a problem with my prostate swelling. What I was wondering is if anyone here had any/enough experience with

Chrysin to confirm his statement, or the info listed above?

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Saw palmetto will help with

your prostate more than the anti-estrogenic chrysin, which is not even the best thing for decreasing estrogen. DHT,

a kind of testosterone, is more often the culprit in prostate swelling, not estrogen.

I personally recommend a

product called Indolplex. You can Google it. The broccoli derivative helps you metabolize estrogen naturally,

without side effects, as far as my experience goes. It works for me. Serious bodybuilders get into stronger

products. But this is perhaps the most natural, gentle approach, and is good to start with.

I think it probably

also supports pheromone production for men who want to project a somewhat younger profile. When I use it I notice

better attention from young women.

That said, I'm no expert on bodybuilding supplements. I come at it from more

of a general health angle.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

King of the coupons!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis
    Saw palmetto

will help with your prostate more than the anti-estrogenic chrysin, which is not even the best thing for decreasing

estrogen. DHT, a kind of testosterone, is more often the culprit in prostate swelling, not estrogen.

I

personally recommend a product called Indolplex. You can Google it. The broccoli derivative helps you

metabolize estrogen naturally, without side effects, as far as my experience goes. It works for me. Serious

bodybuilders get into stronger products. But this is perhaps the most natural, gentle approach, and is good to start

with.

I think it probably also supports pheromone production for men who want to project a somewhat younger

profile. When I use it I notice better attention from young women.

That said, I'm no expert on bodybuilding

supplements. I come at it from more of a general health angle.
    Thanks, Doc!

I did the google

thingy, and everywhere I looked talked about women PMSing. Estrogen ... but will it also help with DHT?

Mucho appreciatoe!
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

You're welcome.

Saw

palmetto helps with DHT. Indolplex helps control estrogen.

King of the coupons!

Question

Doc, more of your professional

advise, please.

On Monday, which is why I started this thread, in start with a new supplement that has

that AAKG in it. If you're familiar with it, which would you advise ... Saw Palmeto, or the Indolplex ... or does

both sound like a better plan?

You know I thank ya fer all yer helpings!

I don't know about this

supplement. It sounds like fancy l-arginine.

If you are vulnerable to prostate problems and take shitloads of

anything that increases testosterone (and hence DHT) you might get more prostate problems. Saw palmetto, zinc,

pumpkin seed oil and other supplements can help the prostate, as well as certain diet and lifestyle choices.

Beta-Sitosterol is purported to

give relief.

Here is a little more information

on Chrysin:

What is chrysin...?

It is a natural substance known as an flavonoid, and is found in the

Passifloracoerulea plant. Extract from the plant are used to produce supplements. How can it benefit

you?

Scientific studies show that flavonoids such as chrysin may boost free testosterone levels in the

body.

Testosterone is the root cause of a man's lean muscle to fat ratio, and the biological source of

his sex drive.

As men age, their body's testosterone production naturally diminishes. After the age of

30, in fact, testosterone production decreases at the rate of 2% per year.

In addition, the vast majority of

testosterone in the body is in a "bound" state. Freeing up some of this testosterone plays a very important role.

What is Chrysin and how does it work, then?

Some experts speculate that chrysin has the ability to block a

particular aromatase enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen (the female hormone, but men also have some

naturally).

By blocking this conversion, it effectively helps to increase free testosterone levels. Chrysin

combined with Piperine

Chrysin and piperine work synergistically...so many experts recommend you

take your chrysin combined with piperine.

Piperine is pepper extract. It has been known to help increase the

body's absorption of other nutrients, thus enhancing their efficacy.

In the case of chrysin, however, pepper

extract has been shown in research to significantly boost free testosterone levels.

Therefore, if you

want to get the maximum out of your chrysin supplements, consider taking it in conjunction with piperine. Dosages

and Precautions

It's advisable that you consult with your physician before beginning supplementation of

any kind.

Most chrysin supplements will contain around 1,000 mg to 1,500 mg per dose. Only a small amount of

piperine seems to be needed to enhance its efficacy. Anywhere from 10 mg to 20 mg.

Follow the recommended

dosages
    on whatever supplement you are taking, and don't abuse it.
    More doesn't necessarily mean better

when it comes to nutritional supplements.
    Freeing up testosterone

sounds interesting and Chrysin with Piperine just might be the way to go. HMMMM maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks

for the tip off to Chrysin, Mo.

Thread Information