Close

Stranger

Exclamation Perfect product for those experimenting...

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Ok... this is for all you out there that may be experimenting in non-bathing to increase the amount of

pheromones on you. I've found a couple products that are perfect for this. One, is the Aveeno balancing bar.

This is a bar made up of powder-fine oatmeal, and a light moisterizer. The natural oatmeal absorbs dirt and oil and

then rinses it away. The second product is something called Naturally Fresh Deodorant crystal which comes in an

applicator and spray form. I have both, they work great and don't cover up your mones. You can obtain these

products at walgreens drug stores and most likely eckerd drug as well. If you don't have those, you might want to

try walmart of course. Anyway, i highly suggest buying these products and experimenting with them. Oh, and always

back yourself up with some Axe if you think you should.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Thanks for the suggestions.

I personally avoid deodorant crystals due to high aluminum content, and opt for sandalwood instead.

Sometimes

I'll use a powder on my hair (and sometimes rinse) to manage oils, instead of shampooing. That is what I did

today.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Stranger

Default one more thing

Well... the crystal

stick version does contain aluminum, not really sure if its a danger though or if it effects the mones but the spray

version i like quite a bit and that just contains purified water and natural mineral salts, it works pretty good.

Would like to try sandalwood also or perhaps patchoulli. I was reading in a recent post here how patchoulli is an

scent loved by women however i don't really want to smell like a hippy. heh, maybe sandalwood is my best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis
    Thanks

for the suggestions.

I personally avoid deodorant crystals due to high aluminum content, and opt for

sandalwood instead.

Sometimes I'll use a powder on my hair (and sometimes rinse) to manage oils, instead of

shampooing. That is what I did today.
    We use to use powder on our hair when I was young. What type

do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Dag0n
    Well... the

crystal stick version does contain aluminum, not really sure if its a danger though or if it effects the mones but

the spray version i like quite a bit and that just contains purified water and natural mineral salts, it works

pretty good.
    Natural mineral salts = aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by culturalblonde
    We use

to use powder on our hair when I was young. What type do you use?
    I use a talc free formula scented only with

natural essential oils. Just a little takes the excesss oil right out.

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Natural mineral salts = aluminum.
    Isn't a danger of aluminum products the fact that

they clog pores? I remember ads for anti-persperants (as opposed to deodorants) boasting that they contained

aluminum chlorhydrate. I don't know if they still use that compound, but I remember reading that it could clog the

pores and cause skin problems.

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Sometimes I'll use a powder on my hair
    When I read this this morning, I pictured

a George Washington or Thomas Jefferson hairdo.

I've been using deodorant

crystals for years and the good Dr.'s comments gave me some concern; so I did a quick Google check on deodorant

stones and came up with this information.
    The Crystal

Story

Consumers would be surprised to learn that over

the years eight different common ingredients found in deodorant products have been banned for posing a health hazard

to users. Many deodorants also contain aluminum chlorohydrate, a harmful chemical still found in 85% of deodorants

on the market.

The Crystal Body Deodorant, the all natural alternative to mainstream deodorants, is

hypo-allergenic, fragrance free, non-sticky, non-staining, and is made of 100% mineral salts with no artificial

coloring or ingredients, chemicals or dyes, and contains no ALUMINUM CHLOROHYDRATE, helping us stay odor-free, safe

and naturally.

Since 1984, when it was first discovered in France, the "Crystal" has been a leader in healthy,

natural deodorant protection. When first released it was sold only in a limited number of stores in the U.S. under

the name, "Le Crystal Naturel", but today these products can be found in over 10,000 locations throughout the United

States and Canada.

The Crystal Body Deodorant products are the #1 best-selling leaders in healthy, natural,

deodorant protection. They have a committed following of loyal customers and are on the shelves of retailers

worldwide.

And this further information:

Deodorant Stones are Natural - Key Points to

Remember

<LI>Alum is a natural compound in nature, is present in the water we drink, in almost all the

foods we eat, and in the air we breathe. According to a study conducted at the University of Wisconsin, the average

American adult diet includes between 20 to 60 milligrams of alum per day, of which 20 to 50 milligrams come from

FDA-approved food additives. Another 2 to 10 milligrams come from the natural content of the foods eaten.

<LI>In

its natural form, alum is the third most abundant element in nature, after oxygen and silicon. It has been part of

our environment since the beginning of time and is one of the basic building blocks of our universe. It makes up

almost 8% of the earth's crust, surpassed in quantity only by oxygen at 47% and silicon at 28%. It is in soil and

clays that only when processed produce metallic aluminum products.

<LI>Deodorant Stones feature physically large

potassium or ammonium alum molecules and are not absorbed into the skin/blood. Water has a molecular weight of 18. A

potassium alum crystal molecule has a molecular weight of 474.38. A potassium or ammonium alum crystal molecule, in

solution, is hydrated 24 times and consequently has a molecular weight of 654. It is impossible through natural

means to get water to permeate the skin. Witness the large number of moisturizers available at the cosmetic counter

and imagine how difficult it would be for a molecule that weighs 36.3 times as much as water to permeate the skin.

<LI>The pH of the solution resulting from the topical application of potassium alum with perspiration is

typically in the slightly acid range of 4 to 5.

To me the worst danger with

aluminum is its tentative association with Alzheimers.

Essential oils are so much easier. Would you guys like me

to make you a deodorant?

Stranger

Default Thanks for that info

I must say

that i was a bit concerned with dr's findings too... however, it seems that this has been cleared up as you say

alum does not pose any dangers. however... one more thing that makes me wonder, it does state that natural mineral

salts does kill bacterias, and as i have been reading this may also be a problem in the respect that the mones may

derive from these bacterias and thus even using these products would deminish the point of trying to keep the mones

intact. I've only just begun to start the process of using these products though so i do not know right now of any

results it may yield. I suppose we can only go on those results in the end. Please feel free to add more insights

and or ideas/product ideas to this post.

I worry about aluminium also, but

I don't believe the deodorant stone have aluminium in them. Here is another take on the issue:

Natural Crystal Body Deodorant

The natural crystal deodorant of the future - Here

now!

Crystal Deodorant Crystals
    A wonderful gift from nature, the deodorant is

crafted from natural cubic crystals.
    Will it work?
    Its natural anti-bacterial action eliminates the Bacteria

which cause odour simply, effectively and safely. It keeps on working for 24 hours and

more.

Why should I use

it?

Because it contains No! Aluminum Chlorohydrate or Chlorohydroxide. These substances are contained in

most commercial sprays and roll ons. They are absorbed by the body and the aluminum portion ionizes and can form

free radicals in the body. This is becoming a matter of concern in some medical areas and is now the subject of new

research.

Crystal deodorant is totally

different and totally natural, it is made without the addition of harmful chemicals, fragrances or oils. They are

also exceedingly suitable even for the most sensitive skin.They are Hypoallergenic and they won't stain your

clothes or discolour your skin.Crystal deodorant is 100% environmentally friendly and has never been tested on any

animal

Easy to

use

Just leave your skin wet after

washing and apply the crystal to the underarms or feet. A little of the crystal dissolves and covers the skin with

an invisible micro-scopic protective film that eliminates the odour causing bacteria effectively until the next

day.
    Be kind to yourself and give yourself a
    fresh clean feeling all day.

Do you have some evidence that deodorant crystals

contain aluminium, Dr.?

Alum is aluminum:

http://216.239.63.104/search?q=cache...<br /> &hl=en

http://www.rense.com/general37/alum.htm

They make a big deal about there not being any aluminum chlorohydrate, as if that means there is no aluminum!

Typical marketing BS.

Why mess with it?

Stranger

Default link to site

hmm... I am going to

try some oils soon dr. but what do you prefer? sandalwood or patchoulli? patchoulli ranks highest in the female

scent department but man, i can't stand that hippy smell it has... also, here's the website for those crystal

deoderant products. I'm gonna check it out now, maybe they can give more insights... they got an 800 number.

www.tccd.com

Stranger

interesting findings dr... how

effective would you say oils are in covering up stench though? i mean... patchoulli for instance is used by many

hippies and man do some of them stink, perhaps the patchoulli actually makes them smell worse? By enhancing the

stench? I dunno, just a thought... I've smelled sandalwood, from what i can remember its not far off from

patchoulli. So perhaps it would enhance the stench in certain people as I think patchoulli does? whats your take

on that?

Please check out the links I

posted.

Stranger

I did... I know that aluminum has

been linked to Alzheimers... but what i want is your feedback on the oils.

Stranger

Default Any suggestions?

Hey bruce... got

any suggestions? Also, maybe you can help me out, what mone products would you recommend for a 26 yr old male?

I've seen lots of good reviews with soe/npa combos.

Stranger

Hmm.... well, here is another link

I found on this topic, who knows if its legit or not...

http://askwaltstollmd.com/archives/antiper/168475.html

This was the article that I

attempted to post:
    The

Protection Racket

Quote Originally Posted by Dag0n
    I did... I know

that aluminum has been linked to Alzheimers... but what i want is your feedback on the oils.
    Neither oil

will make you stink. Hippies typically never bathe, don't change clothes, often have unhealthy lifestyles, and grow

stinking, moldy dreds. Then they wear an obnoxious amount of bad quality patchouli in a vain attempt to compensate.

That's not you.

Stranger

Default Thanks Dr.

Hey... You have a good

point. I shouldn't be worried, unless someone makes a comment. Then i guess i know i am not doing something

right. Anyway i tried a little patchoulli under my arms today and nobody said anything so maybe tomorrow i'll try

some more. I could faintly smell it today but not sure if anybody else could, i think its safe to say that going

light with essential oils is the preferred method as it seems to be that less is always better. Anyway, I called a

proffessor at the university in my city and left him a message about the natural deodorant products, i believe the

research that has come from the posts and his conclusion should let us know if these products are safe or not. I'll

keep ya updated...

Thread Information