Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Are the concentration of pheros and streingh of smell related?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    If we have to put up with the smell of pheros anyway, does it mean that the more concentrated pheros smel stronger?
    If not, does it mean that we can use MUCH more of a less strong pheros?

Default Re: Are the concentration of pheros and streingh of smell related?

Hi Kesha,
    Congratulations! You are the first member to post a message to the new board. E-mail me your mailing address, and I\'ll send you a free bottle of the new IR cologne. If you are placing an order with the specials this week, let me know I will just have the bottle thrown in with that. Please e-mail me about that all that though.

BTW, in general the stronger the androstenone concentration, the more you get the phero-smell, but to a some extent the smell is caused by the chemical reagents used to manufacture the pheros and that can be taken out (to some extent).

Cheers,
    Bruce

Phero Enthusiast

A surpsisingly small amount of cologne can mask the musky smell of strong smelling products (TE, DM - some say PI but I don\'t smell that). I find it works best if the cologne and products are premixed in small quantites in a seperate container then applied as opposed to spraying them on seperately in the same spot.

This masks the scent to the extent that I don\'t smell the kitty pee essence. However, I am a male and just because I can\'t smell it anymore, doesn\'t mean that other people can\'t - women are more sensitive to the kitty pee smell, just because my nose can\'t detect it doesn\'t mean no one can. I\'m not going to ask women to help me find out if this is true or not. At least no one has approached mw and said - gee you smell like kitty pee - did your cat mistake your drawers for a litterbox again. However, after working on my car, I\'ve had people say - you smell a little like gasoline - what\'s wrong with your car - so it doesn\'t mean people are too polite to bring up little odors.

I have found that 1/5 volume by cologne is enough to mask the kitty pee smell, it also changes the overall cologne smell so that although it is familiar it is no longer recognizable where people can say - aha - you\'re wearing Egoiste by Chanel aren\'t you - but more like - that cologne smells good but I can\'t palce it - what is it?

**DONOTDELETE**

Chemist,
    You bring up an interesting note: This last weekend I stopped by my dear mothers house. When I came in the house she told me my deodorant was lacking. Said I smelled a bit like BO. Then later on she told me that I smelled a bit like dilluted piss. Now my female friends have said nothing other than they loved the scent and it was really great.
    Now my moms going through the \"CHANGE\" and is undergoing hormone therapy. I wonder if this has any effect on mom\'s olfactory sensing? Any others have anything like this?

Don\'t know about the olfactory thing, but I used to work with a woman that was going through menopause. Everytime I wore pheros to work, she\'d complain of hot flashes.

**DONOTDELETE**

I think the fact that she is your mom is a big factor in how the pheros will affect her. She would probably never think of you or look at you in a sexual context, but also the \"change\" factor is an unexplored variable which may or may not be affecting her reaction to it. Then again there is also the person to person differences in smelling/sensing of pheros. (i.e. some can smell/detect pheros better than others)

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chemist:
    However, after working on my car, I\'ve had people say - you smell a little like gasoline - what\'s wrong with your car - so it doesn\'t mean people are too polite to bring up little odors.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point Chemist, but I think most people might be more likely to say that you smell a bit like gasoline rather than kitty pee. I think walking up to someone and saying \"Hey you! You stink like cat piss, dude!\" [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] is a lot more insulting than saying \"You smell a little like gasoline.\"

Thread Information